Start by marking “Juicy: Confessions of a Former Baseball Wife” as Want to Read:
Juicy: Confessions of a Former Baseball Wife

Juicy: Confessions of a Former Baseball Wife

3.22  ·  Rating Details  ·  60 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
When nineteen-year-old Hooters trainee Jessica Sekely meets Jose Canseco -- one of the most famous baseball players of his time -- she falls in love with the slugger and everything about him. He is larger than life, from his bulging muscles and multimillion-dollar contract to his huge homes and hot cars. And he is as handsome a man as she has ever seen. But his sprawling h ...more
Published September 6th 2005 by William Morrow (first published September 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Juicy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Juicy

Maisha Love
Sep 28, 2012 Maisha Love rated it liked it
I read this book in one day. Not because it was terribly engrossing, it's just a short read. Nevertheless, it was interesting in parts. Jose Canseco is messed up, and Jessica is , or was, the typical woman men like him prey upon. I do wish she had chosen a better title, though she explains why in book, but the title 'Juicy' belies the seriousness of what she went through. I also could've done without the pictures from her modeling career on the front and back covers. They just seemed super chees ...more
Jan 05, 2009 Jennifer rated it liked it
It was surprisingly insightful. It was a interesting look at the life of a pro baseball player(and I do mean PLAYER). I was compelled to read it to find out how she gets out of the relationship. Not something that woudl have picked up in the store, but my sister told me I shoudl read it. I was not disappointed.
Anna
Jan 07, 2016 Anna rated it it was ok
Shelves: bio-memoir, baseball
From Michelle. Interesting. A bit of a soap opera. Naive girl, possibly. But sad kind of marriage for her. Great opportunistic move to put out book after hubby's Juiced. Some good insider info. Not looking to marry anyone in pro sports, though.
Keasmea
May 13, 2008 Keasmea rated it really liked it
After reading Jose's book, I was interested in hearing his wife's side of the story. Another interesting read. It was an easy read. Finished the book in a couple of hours. She even talks about taking steroids herself a few times with the help of Jose.
Becky
Sep 05, 2008 Becky rated it really liked it
Shelves: biography
One of many former Mrs. Jose Cansecos, Jessica's tone is by turns rueful, wistful, malicious, and tender. It's not great prose, but it is a fun, tabloid-style biography of one of the great creeps of the sports world.
Karen Cruz
Aug 10, 2010 Karen Cruz rated it it was ok
Wow. So I got this book for 3 bucks from the library book store. Tell all life with Jose Canseco and his steroid use and abuse.
Kimberly
Feb 03, 2009 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
An interesting look at baseball players, their wives, and their mistresses in multiple cities.
Vasilka
Sep 08, 2007 Vasilka rated it really liked it
Interesting book about her marriage w/ Jose Cansaco. I love gossip so it was interesting to me!
Doug Overn
Jul 23, 2008 Doug Overn rated it did not like it
fantastic
Donna Pannozzi
Donna Pannozzi rated it liked it
May 22, 2016
Hilary Brooks
Hilary Brooks marked it as to-read
May 06, 2016
Kaylene
Kaylene marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
Alison
Alison added it
Mar 31, 2016
Caleb Jones
Caleb Jones marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Russty Thaggard
Russty Thaggard rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2016
Brad Leu
Brad Leu rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2016
Mary
Mary added it
Jan 16, 2016
Connie
Connie added it
Oct 30, 2015
Leroy Erickson
Leroy Erickson rated it it was ok
Mar 18, 2016
Bogi Takács
Bogi Takács marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
Charles
Charles rated it liked it
Jul 04, 2015
Immaculate Atolwa
Immaculate Atolwa marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Sherry
Sherry added it
Feb 14, 2015
S Adair
S Adair marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Yovanna Jose
Yovanna Jose rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2015
Jacki Olup
Jacki Olup rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2015
jan beebe
jan beebe rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2014