Start by marking “Juicy: Confessions of a Former Baseball Wife” as Want to Read:
Juicy: Confessions of a Former Baseball Wife

Juicy: Confessions of a Former Baseball Wife

3.18 of 5 stars 3.18  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  9 reviews
When nineteen-year-old Hooters trainee Jessica Sekely meets Jose Canseco -- one of the most famous baseball players of his time -- she falls in love with the slugger and everything about him. He is larger than life, from his bulging muscles and multimillion-dollar contract to his huge homes and hot cars. And he is as handsome a man as she has ever seen. But his sprawling h ...more
Published September 6th 2005 by William Morrow (first published September 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Juicy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Juicy

Maisha Love
I read this book in one day. Not because it was terribly engrossing, it's just a short read. Nevertheless, it was interesting in parts. Jose Canseco is messed up, and Jessica is , or was, the typical woman men like him prey upon. I do wish she had chosen a better title, though she explains why in book, but the title 'Juicy' belies the seriousness of what she went through. I also could've done without the pictures from her modeling career on the front and back covers. They just seemed super chees ...more
It was surprisingly insightful. It was a interesting look at the life of a pro baseball player(and I do mean PLAYER). I was compelled to read it to find out how she gets out of the relationship. Not something that woudl have picked up in the store, but my sister told me I shoudl read it. I was not disappointed.
Anna
From Michelle. Interesting. A bit of a soap opera. Naive girl, possibly. But sad kind of marriage for her. Great opportunistic move to put out book after hubby's Juiced. Some good insider info. Not looking to marry anyone in pro sports, though.
Keasmea
After reading Jose's book, I was interested in hearing his wife's side of the story. Another interesting read. It was an easy read. Finished the book in a couple of hours. She even talks about taking steroids herself a few times with the help of Jose.
Becky
One of many former Mrs. Jose Cansecos, Jessica's tone is by turns rueful, wistful, malicious, and tender. It's not great prose, but it is a fun, tabloid-style biography of one of the great creeps of the sports world.
Karen Cruz
Wow. So I got this book for 3 bucks from the library book store. Tell all life with Jose Canseco and his steroid use and abuse.
Kimberly
An interesting look at baseball players, their wives, and their mistresses in multiple cities.
Vasilka
Interesting book about her marriage w/ Jose Cansaco. I love gossip so it was interesting to me!
Immaculate Atolwa
Immaculate Atolwa marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Sherry
Sherry added it
Feb 14, 2015
S Adair
S Adair marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Amanda Ryburn
Amanda Ryburn is currently reading it
Aug 13, 2014
Jim Blinkhorn
Jim Blinkhorn marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Ted
Ted marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Chris Nivens
Chris Nivens marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Susan
Susan added it
Feb 26, 2014
Robl76
Robl76 marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2014
Filimon Abel
Filimon Abel marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2013
Del Sharron
Del Sharron marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2013