Start by marking “The Classroom at the End of the Hall” as Want to Read:
The Classroom at the End of the Hall

The Classroom at the End of the Hall

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  167 ratings  ·  30 reviews
FOR USE IN SCHOOLS AND LIBRARIES ONLY. Strange things are happening in the classroom at the end of the hall, like a chalk dust genie that appears while the erasers are being cleaned, and the new art teacher who resembles a stick figure.
Published September 1st 1997 by Turtleback Books (first published May 2nd 1992)

To ask other readers questions about The Classroom at the End of the Hall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Classroom at the End of the Hall

Anishkajoab
Classroom at the end of the hall was a funny and a meaningful book. There was a lesson after every chapter. Like in the new art teacher Charlie used to hate art until he realised that the things he drew actually showed up on real stick figure people. So then he started making an effort to make these stick figure people look good. If he drew big huge square ears on his stick figure person the ears would show on Miss Tra-la-la his new stick figure art teacher. This gave me a lesson that you try yo ...more
Victoriasaravia
This book was an okay book. It is a book made out of short stories. All of the stories are humorous and contain a valuable lesson for kids. All the children have a problem, they are either messy, can't read...etc. However they all find a way to solved their problem in a funny yet educational way. The characters are a lot of fun, and it is nice to learn as you read. Douglas Evans has a nice style of writing, he makes his characters feel exactly how YOU would feel if you were in their situation. T ...more
Adelinep
Katie Carlisle
Each chapter of this story is a different story from a student in the classroom at the end of the hall. Love that one story can show different author perspectives!
Lisa Tortorello
The Classroom at the End of the Hall by Douglas Evans is a fun chapter book that will even get reluctant readers to keep turning the pages. As a teacher, I saw some of my students in these characters and I am sure children will be able to identify with them as well. Whether they see themselves or someone in their class, there is enough fun, exaggeration, and peculiarities in the room at the end of the hall for everyone. This story would be great as a read aloud too!
Lindsey
Be careful what you wish for. This book is full of short stories about kids who wish for things that come true, and in the end things turn out a lot worse. I thought these stories were very humorous. I think this book would be perfect for kids in grades 3-5.
Deborah Harris
AR Quiz No. 20776 EN Fiction
Accelerated Reader Quiz Information IL: MG - BL: 4.6 - AR Pts: 3.0
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP, VP
Sue
this was a cute book - definitely for our lower level readers in the junior high. i liked how each chapter dealt with a student, their issues and how those issues were overcome. nice and short - which is also what some of our students like.
Bennett
A great quirky and funny look at the fears and imagination that so many elementary students experience. Somewhat in the same vein as "Sideways Stories" but with a cast of characters more easy for kids to identify with.
LauraW
This is a book of vignettes about kids in a 3rd grade classroom. The stories are clever and the book would make a decent read-aloud. The endings are a little too perfect, but kids like that.
Lauren
I received this from a teacher when I was a kid. I used to imagine that I would do school work during the summer, but never did. But the year I received this as a gift I ended up reading it.
Anthony Sementilli
PROS
Engaging, very pro-teacher/pro-learning stories that any middle schooler should read. One of my third grade year favorites.

CONS
None come to mind

OVERALL
Great for kids
Room 123
Do you like weird and magical books? The Classroom at the End of the Hall is a great book. It has many stories in it. They are short. I love this book!

By Penelope
Bobbi Gomez
I use this book to teach and reteach fiction summaries throughout the year. Each chapter is a separate story, and my students easily connect to the characters.
Gray
May 27, 2011 Gray rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
This book has a mystery in it. But it is not scary. The mystery is that someone is talking above the classroom. They have figure out who it is!
Andd Becker
Nine high-interest stories comprise this well-written reading level three book.
Nicole
Great book for kids and their parents, pretty creative, clean and funny.
Arik
This is a nice easy read. I recommend it to anyone who will read it.
Krishna
Hilarious book! Old time classic of second grade. =)
Maria
it full of stories and funny and grows ones!!!!!!!!!!
Michiela Rybicki
I want to own this book. I cant find it anywhere.
Elle
It was fun reading it again with my class.
Hazel
It was pretty awsome I was really in to the book
John-Michael
One of my favorite books when I was a kid!
Brett
Written by my second grade teacher. Excellent.
Caroline
one of the best books i ever read
Jennifer Minick
it was okay. i hate reading.
Marina
A childhood pleasure. =]
  • Class Clown
  • The Case of the Lost Boy (The Buddy Files, #1)
  • The Zebra Wall
  • The Gold-Threaded Dress
  • Call of the Klondike: A True Gold Rush Adventure
  • You Never Heard of Sandy Koufax?!
  • Frog Trouble: . . . And Eleven Other Pretty Serious Songs
  • A world of trouble (Merits of Mischief #2)
  • The Stolen Moon
  • Amber Brown Is Green With Envy
  • Pecos Bill: A Tall Tale
  • Five True Dog Stories
  • Secrets of a Civil War Submarine: Solving the Mysteries of the H.L. Hunley
  • Stealing Thunder
  • The Hawk Bandits of Tarkoom (The Secrets of Droon, #11)
  • Space Explorers (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #4)
  • Punished!
  • Dino-Soccer
Douglas Evans lives in Berkeley, California. He grew up in Ohio and Minnesota and taught for many years in various settings ranging from a small logging town in Oregon, to a wealthy suburb in California; a private school in Berkeley, to international schools in Helsinki and London. Now he is a full-time writer of books, stories, plays, and screenplays for children. Doug spends a good part of each ...more
More about Douglas Evans...
MVP*: Magellan Voyage Project The Elevator Family Apple Island, Or The Truth About Teachers Math Rashes and Other Classroom Tales More Tales From The Classrom At The End Of The Hall