A Beginners' Guide to the Dolls' House Hobby: Revised and Expanded Edition

A Beginners' Guide to the Dolls' House Hobby: Revised and Expanded Edition

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Jean Nisbett’s classic volume gets a welcome update and expansion—making it a practical, accessible introduction to all the basics, with lavish images and easy-to-follow hints that help beginners save time and avoid costly mistakes. Nisbett explains how to choose and build a house from a kit; handle a period building; furnish the interior; create charming shops; and plan a...more
Published March 1st 2006 by GMC Publications (first published August 1997)

To ask other readers questions about A Beginners' Guide to the Dolls' House Hobby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Beginners' Guide to the Dolls' House Hobby

Chelsea
This is a very thorough guide to the dollhouse hobby. It has helped me emensly in creating authentic themed rooms for my new dollhouse. At first, furnishing my dollhouse seemed to be a daunting task, but this well illustrated guide put my fears at ease and held my hand throughout the process.
Joanna
Out of the 20+ books I borrowed from the library on dollhouse and dollhouse making, this was the one I was really looking for. Exactly "A Beginners' Guide to the Dolls' House Hobby." Useful tips, lots of color pictures, thoughtfully and articulately laid out.
David Ward
A Beginners' Guide to the Dolls' House Hobby: Revised and Expanded Edition by Jean Nisbett (GMC Publications 2006)(745.5023). This volume contains plenty of useful info about this esoteric pastime. My rating: 8/10, finished 2009.
Jo
This was my first book on dollshouses and got me started. It was informative and gave me ideas for my adventrured into the miniture world. It was especially helpful in techniques for decorating.
Candy Wyman
Candy Wyman marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Nwilkers
Nwilkers marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Kaii Wang
Kaii Wang marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Maria Ryder
Maria Ryder marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Joyce Loh
Joyce Loh is currently reading it
May 16, 2014
Andrey Sorokin
Andrey Sorokin marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2014
Evilgvidon
Evilgvidon marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Krazykitten
Krazykitten marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2013
Birna Avila
Birna Avila marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2013
Pink Rose
Pink Rose marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2013
Dolls' House Shops, Cafes & Restaurants The Big Book of the Dolls' House Dolls' House Inspirations The Complete Dolls' House Book The Secrets of the Dolls' House Makers