Start by marking “Die Königin Der Wälder” as Want to Read:
Die Königin Der Wälder

Die Königin Der Wälder (Devoted #2)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  238 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Elin is a woman of the pagan Forest People. Owen is the young Bishop of Chantalon. Amid the brutal onslaught of Viking invaders, they found each other, and their great love triumphed over violence. But now Elin's gift of "sight" warns of a new danger: a Norseman called Hakon who threatens her joyous union with Owen—and the future of her unborn child.

Set against a world of
Published (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Die Königin Der Wälder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Die Königin Der Wälder

Jami
I loved her ever since I read The Dragon Queen. I wish there were more than 5 stars I could give it. What an incredible story. I don't even have words. I wish there were more books of hers than there are. This is one of those books you have to savor, and when you're done you need time to "come down" before you pick up another book. It took almost a week for me to be able to enjoy another story I was that moved.
Carroll Straus
I liked Devoted so I read this one. Devoted was better but they are still good, and there is a lot of interesting history in these medieval thrillers!
Courtney
It was alright. I had a bit of a hard time getting through it, but the last half was considerably quicker than the first. I'm still a bit in shock I think that I enjoyed the first one so much so many years ago and now? Am so not impressed. I've heard that her Silver Wolf series is much better so I am still going to give them a shot.
Gina M Jordan
I'm still deeply lost in these characters, this world, I don't ever want to leave! I'm having a difficult time moving on to other books, as another reviewer mentioned, I need time to come back to NOW. The sign of the greatest storytellers is becoming such a part of their created world one stays within it long after the story ends.

I'd highly recommend reading these 2 books, in order. They were my 1st introduction to this author & now I plan to read everything I can get my hands on by her. :-)
Callie
The second book to Devoted, this book picks up where the first left off. It followed the same writing style and plot. It is very invocative and enthralling, hard for me to put down! I can only hope she writes another!
Aunt Missy
I think this is the book I read. It is about a girls school at the end of the civil war. An injured shoulder is brought into the school and the beguiling begins.
Patrick
Follow up to "Devoted". Who says a sequel can't be as good as the original?
Andrew Barbin
An excellent and engaging tale particularly as a book on tape.
Nat Smith
yeah, I know. leave me alone.
Bonnie
Bonnie marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Renee Margaux
Renee Margaux marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Lwr07
Lwr07 added it
Sep 21, 2014
Tim Roth
Tim Roth marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Gina gamill
Gina gamill marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Ariana
Ariana marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Sam Spencer
Sam Spencer marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Carolyn
Carolyn marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Emari
Emari marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Patsy Collins
Patsy Collins marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
  • Dark Temptation (Blackheath Moor #2)
  • Again
  • Libertine's Kiss (Rakes and Rogues of the Restoration, #1)
  • A Walk in the Clouds
  • The Ravening (Blood Moon, #3)
  • Slave Girl in the Harem
  • A Convenient Wife (Montana Mavericks: The Historicals)
  • Dakota Child
  • Royal Blood
  • Before the Dawn
  • Dido's Prize
  • Beloved Highlander
  • Night's Rose (Night's Rose #1)
  • Endless Universe
  • Bound To Please
  • Knight of Glory (Kingdom of Arnhem, #2)
  • My Forever Love
  • The Light Bearer
Alice O'Brien was born on 6 October 1939 in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. She was one of five sister of Katherine "Kay" Allen and Howard O'Brien. The O'Brien family moved to Richardson, Texas, when Alice was a teenager. She began her nursing career in Houston, where she met and married her husband, Clifford Borchardt. After a 30-year career as a licensed vocational nurse, Borchardt faced staff redu ...more
More about Alice Borchardt...
The Silver Wolf (Legends of the Wolf #1) The Dragon Queen (Tales of Guinevere, #1) Night of the Wolf (Legends of the Wolf, #2) The Wolf King (Legends of the Wolf #3) The Raven Warrior (Tales of Guinevere, #2)