Start by marking “Die Königin Der Wälder” as Want to Read:
Die Königin Der Wälder

Die Königin Der Wälder (Devoted #2)

Elin is a woman of the pagan Forest People. Owen is the young Bishop of Chantalon. Amid the brutal onslaught of Viking invaders, they found each other, and their great love triumphed over violence. But now Elin's gift of "sight" warns of a new danger: a Norseman called Hakon who threatens her joyous union with Owen—and the future of her unborn child.

Set against a world of
Published (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Die Königin Der Wälder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Die Königin Der Wälder

Jami
Feb 13, 2009 Jami rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved her ever since I read The Dragon Queen. I wish there were more than 5 stars I could give it. What an incredible story. I don't even have words. I wish there were more books of hers than there are. This is one of those books you have to savor, and when you're done you need time to "come down" before you pick up another book. It took almost a week for me to be able to enjoy another story I was that moved.
Carroll Straus
Aug 30, 2009 Carroll Straus rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked Devoted so I read this one. Devoted was better but they are still good, and there is a lot of interesting history in these medieval thrillers!
Ginger Heskett
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Gina M Jordan
Nov 11, 2013 Gina M Jordan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm still deeply lost in these characters, this world, I don't ever want to leave! I'm having a difficult time moving on to other books, as another reviewer mentioned, I need time to come back to NOW. The sign of the greatest storytellers is becoming such a part of their created world one stays within it long after the story ends.

I'd highly recommend reading these 2 books, in order. They were my 1st introduction to this author & now I plan to read everything I can get my hands on by her. :-)
Courtney
Mar 03, 2011 Courtney rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was alright. I had a bit of a hard time getting through it, but the last half was considerably quicker than the first. I'm still a bit in shock I think that I enjoyed the first one so much so many years ago and now? Am so not impressed. I've heard that her Silver Wolf series is much better so I am still going to give them a shot.
Callie
Sep 29, 2013 Callie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
The second book to Devoted, this book picks up where the first left off. It followed the same writing style and plot. It is very invocative and enthralling, hard for me to put down! I can only hope she writes another!
Aunt Missy
I think this is the book I read. It is about a girls school at the end of the civil war. An injured shoulder is brought into the school and the beguiling begins.
Booknblues
Brighid O'Sullivan
Loved it and very well written and action packed too! Historical fiction. There are 2 books in this series.
Paula
Paula rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2009
Cindy
Cindy rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2014
Chanpreet
Chanpreet rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2011
Giuseppe Daddazio
Giuseppe Daddazio rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2016
Jim
Jim rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2010
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2015
Becky Kinzel
Becky Kinzel rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2008
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2012
Cassie
Cassie rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2015
Ash
Ash rated it it was ok
Nov 30, 2013
Aimee
Aimee rated it it was ok
Mar 12, 2012
Abbe
Abbe rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2010
Dveith
Dveith rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2015
Kathy
Kathy rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2012
Kimberley Oxley
Kimberley Oxley rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2012
Ashley
Ashley rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2012
Katherine Aste
Katherine Aste rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2014
~☆~Autumn♥♥☽
~☆~Autumn♥♥☽ rated it really liked it
May 30, 2015
Lori
Lori rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2010
Marci
Marci rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2010
Elise
Elise rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Kyriakis Curse
  • Dark Temptation (Blackheath Moor #2)
  • Again
  • Somebody To Love
  • A Knight's Vow
  • The Vicar's Daughter
  • My Lord Protector
  • Dido's Prize
  • Surrender to a Stranger
  • A Walk in the Clouds
  • The Ravening (Blood Moon, #3)
  • A Stranger's Kiss (D'Avenant Brothers Series, #2)
  • Slave Girl in the Harem
  • Knight of Glory (Kingdom of Arnhem, #2)
  • A Convenient Wife (Montana Mavericks: Historicals #3)
  • Bound To Please
  • Erinsong (Songs of the North, #2)
  • Royal Blood
Alice O'Brien was born on 6 October 1939 in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. She was one of five sister of Katherine "Kay" Allen and Howard O'Brien. The O'Brien family moved to Richardson, Texas, when Alice was a teenager. She began her nursing career in Houston, where she met and married her husband, Clifford Borchardt. After a 30-year career as a licensed vocational nurse, Borchardt faced staff redu ...more
More about Alice Borchardt...

Devoted (2 books)