Start by marking “Judy Blume Boxed Set (Fudge-a-Mania / Otherwise Known as Sheila the Great / Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing / Superfudge)” as Want to Read:

4.3  ·  Rating Details ·  1,682 Ratings  ·  59 Reviews
Fans young and old will laugh out loud at the irrepressible wit of Peter Hatcher, the hilarious antics of mischievous Fudge, and the unbreakable confidence of know-it-all Sheila Tubman in Judy Blume’s five Fudge books, Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing, Otherwise Known as Sheila the Great, Superfudge, Fudge-a-Mania, and Double Fudge. Now all packaged together for the very ...more
Published September 12th 2000 by Yearling (first published 1982)

sam kim
Jan 21, 2009 sam kim rated it really liked it
superfudge is incredible. we're reading it aloud to grace and completely forgot about the songs that fudge sings! "M-A-I-N-E spells Maine! F-U-D-G-E spells Fudgie! P-E-T-E-R spells Pe-tah! B-E-E-R spells Whiskey!" i almost couldn't contain myself... i was laughing so hard!
Britt Guild
Apr 26, 2014 Britt Guild rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh Judy Blume how I have missed you. I can't figure out if these stories are funnier as a kid or an adult who has children. I laughed because the stories of Fudge and all the trouble he gets into reminds me of raising two young girls who still keep me on my toes. My family and I share similar stories with the Hatcher family: my daughter chipped her front teeth when she was two, and we have had dinnertime battles where I have used the phrase, "Eat it or wear it," more times than I can remember. ...more
jienna
Aug 29, 2012 jienna rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Young Adults, Young at heart
Dogs, spiders, swimming, ghost stories, thunderstorms, eerie sounds at night, what else? Sheila Tubman fears a lot of things. These things may be trivial to most of us, but to Sheila it was a matter of life and death.

I read the book today as a light reading. It indeed was! I breezed through it in a couple of hours. I would have finished it sooner if I wasn’t laughing so hard at Sheila. Haha! This girl, her ridiculous reasoning when it comes to the things she fears and things she could not admit
Anne
Oct 02, 2008 Anne rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: late elementary age to adult
We just finished Superfudge last night at "Dinner Group" (which means that Joe isn't home for dinner, so we read aloud -- don't know how we got started on that tradition, but it stuck.) We read them out of order, so this one falls somewhere in the middle of the series of Peter Hatcher, his little brother Fudge, his neighbor Sheila Tubman, dog Turtle, and now myna bird Uncle Feathers who cries out "Bonjour, Stupid," whenever possible. Judy Blume manages to create such realistic, loveable ...more
Kennan
Dec 12, 2011 Kennan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i think it was good and funny

Casey Trump
Sep 04, 2011 Casey Trump rated it liked it
Tales of the fourth grade nothing can be used to teach about families and the influence older siblings can have on younger siblings. Chances are, there will be many of both in the classroom. I remember my second grade teacher reading all of the Fudge books aloud to us, and I remember them being a lot funnier. I was kind of disappointed. The children also did a group project in the book. That being said, you can also use it to teach about group projects.
Sarah Overvaag
I love Peter and Fudge! I remember having Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing read to me in school as a 2nd or 3rd grader, and I have shared them with my kids. Of course, I had to explain things like the green stamps and I pointed out that there is no way Peter would ever be allowed to "be in charge" of Fudge in Central Park in current days, but it's still a great story with a great message to kids.
May 10, 2015 Jennifer rated it really liked it
I loved these books growing up! I was disappointed when I tried to find them for my children that yhe language had been "updated". I understand that it will appeal to more children this way but I like to talk to my children about what thy/we read, they get a historical petpective. I know it isn't exactly ancient history but we can teach children about old technologies and such. I feel like they can learn from it.
Dalia Gallegos
I remember reading this book as an elementary student. I was fascinated by this authors series books and tried to read them all. I really enjoy reading these books and have a text to self moments on how these brothers bonk heads with each other growing up, reminds me of me and my sisters. Really great read!
Moakes
Feb 05, 2014 Moakes rated it really liked it
I loved these books they are very good. I wold recommend this book to grade 3's and up. My favorite book in this series would be super fudge because, there is always
surprises and because, fudge is so funny at home and at school. But I don't really like the
part when peter and Joanna kiss under the mistletoe.
Amanda
Mar 22, 2013 Amanda rated it really liked it
My boys and I just finished reading them. I remembered loving them as a child and I have to say as an adult they did not disappoint. My kindergartner loved and could relate to Fudge. The first two are by far the best in the series. It was so much fun having my boys laugh out loud at the things Fudge would do. I'm so glad they enjoy and find the humor in books.
AnsleyJ
Jul 08, 2015 AnsleyJ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: judy-bloome
This was one of the best books I read when I was younger. I can totally relate to Peter, the main character as I have two younger siblings too. And of course this was by far the funniest novel I've ever read.
Clem
Jan 09, 2012 Clem rated it it was amazing
Great series by Judy Blume, Fudge books can be read in or out of order, great for early independent readers 7-10 and 10-13. Sheila the great is wonderful for girls 7-11. Fudge and fourth grade nothing great for new siblings, brothers, younger sibling adjustment.
Beckki Endicott
Aug 17, 2014 Beckki Endicott rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We don't encourage our kids to read enough of the oldies but goodies. So many times we move them on to modern trends that are far past their maturity levels. I loved these books. My fourth graders loved these books and couldn't stop reading them this year. Funny!
♥ Sarah ♥
Jul 11, 2008 ♥ Sarah ♥ rated it liked it
Well, I first read Otherwise Known a Shelia the Great in I think 3rd grade. So then I read Superfudge, and I realized it had some of the same characters as Sheila the great, so I decided to read Tales of a fourth grade nothing and Fudge-a-Mania. They were funny books, I liked em.
Maya
Jan 01, 2009 Maya rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Maya by: Katie Murdock
These books are amazing! My mom got them for me from amazon.com. I had asked and asked for them and she said she couldnt so it. But on my birthday there was a big box that I opened and to my surprise... there they were!!!
Hope you enjoy these books as did!!!!
Melanie
Aug 22, 2007 Melanie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who has a young niece, nephew or kid
I LOVE Judy Blume books!!! I can't even begin to tell you how hard I laugh everytime I think of the first chapter with Peter Hatcher, his brother Fudge, and the family turtle. Where would we have been without Blume's coming of age tales?!

Danielle
These books are amazing. Freckle Juice is one of my favorite books of all time. Everyone should read these books at least once in their lifetime.
LOL_BOOKS
TEENIE BOY HAS AN ANNYONG LITTLE BROTHER THAT SWALLOWS HIS PET TURTLE

WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR COMFORT BOOKS?
Jamie
Oct 05, 2013 Jamie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fudge books were my all-time favourite in elementary school. I loved all the characters and their adventures. Very funny and just a great read for all ages! :)
Rachel
Oct 16, 2012 Rachel rated it really liked it
How I loved the Fudge series, as it delved into the tummultuous relationship between brothers. They must learn to co-exist with each other amidst the usual social struggles of young children.
Angella
May 02, 2008 Angella rated it really liked it
I remember reading the fourth grade nothing when I was in the 3rd grade and I thought that made me soo cool. I really liked these book they were fun
Jacob Libres
May 17, 2011 Jacob Libres rated it it was amazing
i think its awesome because that book is kind of a mystery and also that kind of reminds me when i was 3 or 2.
Sara
Jan 28, 2009 Sara rated it it was amazing
Okay so I can't remember when I read this last but I remember that these books were the first ones that I really read. I can't wait until my daughter is old enough to read them to me.
Julie
Aug 20, 2013 Julie rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2008
Judy Blume was a fave author of mine when I was little, so I was stoked to win this set at work last week. Fudge is so much fun!
Matthew
Jan 19, 2008 Matthew rated it really liked it
I think these were the first books I read outside of required curriculum. Smart and controvsial, Judy Blume introduced a generation of kids to candid first person narratives.
Narcie Jeter
Narcie Jeter rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2012
Deniz
Deniz rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2010
Donna Hinkley
Donna Hinkley rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2013
Cate Leibowits
Cate Leibowits rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2013
  • The Ramona Collection, Vol. 2: (Ramona, #4-#5, #7-8)
  • The Little House Collection (Little House, #1-5)
  • The Boxcar Children 5-8 (The Boxcar Children, #5-8)
  • The Indian In The Cupboard Trilogy
  • Frog And Toad Book Set: Frog And Toad Are Friends; Frog And Toad Together; Days With Frog And Toad; Frog And Toad All Year  (Frog and Toad #1-4)
  • Bonjour, Babar!: The Six Unabridged Classics by the Creator of Babar
  • Striped Ice Cream
  • The Princess and the Goblin / Princess and Curdie
  • The Babysitters Club Collection #3 (The Babysitters Club, #7-9)
  • Mercy Watson: #1-6 [Boxed Set: Adventures of a Porcine Wonder]
  • Fourth Grade Is A Jinx
  • Swell: A Girl's Guide to the Good Life
  • Tyrannosaurus Math
  • Hamish and the Worldstoppers (Hamish and the PDF, #1)
  • Wayside School Boxed Set (Wayside School #1-3)
  • Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory
  • Who Was Bruce Lee?
  • Мили бате!... Писма на един дакел
Judy Blume spent her childhood in Elizabeth, New Jersey, making up stories inside her head. She has spent her adult years in many places doing the same thing, only now she writes her stories down on paper. Adults as well as children will recognize such Blume titles as: Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret; Blubber; Just as Long as We're Together; and the five book series about the irrepressible ...more
More about Judy Blume...