Start by marking “In My World” as Want to Read:

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  84 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Creeping bugs and wiggling worms, splashing rain and glittering stars--nobody notices the details of the world around them more than children--and artists.
Take a walk with bestselling picture book creator Lois Ehlert in this vibrant die-cut celebration of nature's many wonders. Complete with a simple rebus game, this gentle book of discovery will inspire readers of all ag
Published April 1st 2002 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about In My World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In My World

Brittaney Reed
Ehlert, L. (2002). In my world. New York: Scholastic.

"In My World" by Lois Ehlert, is a fun pattern book for younger children, depicting what they find in their world. The book is very interesting as it uses cutouts to show the pictures and illustrations in the book. The book goes from an object or thing that is close to the child such as a butterfly and then goes farther out of the center around them, to depict something like the stars in the sky. I think visually this book is great , imaginati
Jordan Brown
Author: Lois Ehlert
Reading Level: Ages 4-7

L, Ehlert (2006). In My World New York: HMH Books for Young Readers

This book is about discovery. About what inhabits your world and the world around you.

This book is fairly simple in nature. What I find most intriguing is that the book progressively moves away from more personal human interests to what goes on outside. The cutout style is phenomenal, and I love how the various ways the pages are cutout creates an earth-like image in the palm o
Marcie
Lois Ehlert's In My World is a short, easy-to-read book for young children that addresses topics they see on a daily basis. One to two words per page describe things they see close up and things farther away from them. The cut outs on the pages give children a clue as to what is coming up next. It's a great book for very young children who are being read to, as it will help them learn about the world around them, and also for kids who are just learning how to read because there are so few words ...more
Emily Levings
Ehlert, L. (2002). In My World. New York: Scholastic.
This is a book that talks about the different things that children like in their world. I think this would be a great book for little children because it would help children to have the words and the pictures together. I thought it was a great book. I loved how the author chose to have pictures along with the words. I thought it was a great little book.
Gina Diloreto
Ehlert, L. (2002). In my world. New York: Scholastic.

This book is very simplistic. It feel it would be most appropriate for young children (2-4yrs). In this story it goes from close to the child's center, and works its way outward (worm, bird, stars, moon, etc). The cut outs show through to the next page, which is creative and is typically enjoyed by young kids.
Miri
I love Lois Ehlert. She writes about the world and nature and all the beautiful small things I never used to appreciate the way I do now. The illustrations are die-cuts of leaves, bugs, rain, stars, fruit, and other things you can find outside, and the pages are pretty sturdy so they should hold up through average use.
Whole And
"In My World" has a very intriguing layout and I love the use of cutouts to bring out the shapes and simple text.

Probably intended for very young children but can also be used to explore creative ways of cutting out pictures as opposed to drawing.

As always, Lois Ehlert inspires through her works of art.
Edna
Interesting layers of bright colors and die-cut help shape this visually imaginative book. Ironically because of its cut out layers what makes it interesting perhaps may not last long in a child's hands.
Lauren Johnson
I think this book would be perfect for younger children, especially those with special needs. They can touch, look, and read the basic words about things in their world.
Sarah Goodwin
It's book is an exploration book for younger children. Simplistic yet hands on.
Sarah Kramer
Jul 16, 2008 Sarah Kramer rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: toddlers/preschoolers
Shelves: storytime-books
A little abstract. It's better for smaller storytime crowds.
Katherine Andres
Katherine Andres marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Beckett
Beckett marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Kara
Kara added it
Feb 25, 2015
Kabita
Kabita marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Anaeka
Anaeka marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Mary
Mary added it
Jan 24, 2015
Brett
Brett marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014