Start by marking “Still Pumped from Using the Mouse” as Want to Read:
Still Pumped from Using the Mouse

Still Pumped from Using the Mouse (Dilbert #7)

3.96  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,232 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
For the more than 50 million readers who regularly enjoy Dilbert in over 2,000 newspapers worldwide, Scott Adams's take on the working world is outrageously fresh, farcical, and far-reaching. In this collection, Dilbert and his egg-shaped, bespectacled canine, Dogbert, again give readers an insider's look at the funny business of the work-a-day world.
Published March 1st 1996 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Still Pumped from Using the Mouse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Still Pumped from Using the Mouse

The Law of Attraction by N.M. SilberWallbanger by Alice ClaytonThe Home Court Advantage by N.M. SilberSeduction and Snacks by Tara SivecTangled by Emma Chase
Books that made you laugh out loud
281st out of 308 books — 246 voters
The Essential Calvin and Hobbes by Bill WattersonHomicidal Psycho Jungle Cat by Bill WattersonThe Authoritative Calvin and Hobbes by Bill WattersonIt's a Magical World by Bill WattersonWeirdos from Another Planet! by Bill Watterson
Comics! Comics! Graphic Novels!
260th out of 271 books — 38 voters

More lists with this book...

Monica
Feb 15, 2010 Monica rated it it was amazing
This is what you need a five to ten minutes of if your workday was not how you would have liked it to be. When someone high up in the corporate jungle makes decisions you can not understand, or if technical, logical arguments fall short of feelings.....
Barry
Sep 17, 2014 Barry rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction-misc
Filled with classic strips from a classic era, this book harkens back to the day when Dilbert was consistently funny and didn't rely so much on gimmicky characters for cheap laughs.
Marsha
Jan 12, 2014 Marsha rated it liked it
Shelves: humor, comic, series-entry
Dilbert’s grievances with upper management, his job, his co-workers and his life in general continue. What is puzzling is why he’s so blasé about it all. Others sink under, dropping dead from stress, losing their hair or their jobs but Dilbert rarely loses his cool. While he seems doomed to die a bachelor, he maintains perennial hope of getting a girlfriend. Even when Dogbert is concocting (and succeeding in) one of his nefarious schemes, Dilbert barrels through with the blandness that has never ...more
Mike Jensen
Sep 27, 2012 Mike Jensen rated it did not like it
How do I hate thee, Dilbert?
Let me count the ways.

1) You are not funny
2) You are awkwardly written
3) You are ineptly drawn
4) You are mean-spirited
5) You are ridiculous

I have worked in offices, but never one like the office presented in this comic strip. I’ve worked with smart and often dedicated people who really wanted to succeed and took pride in what they did. The bosses, who sometimes had problem personalities, were not stupid as the boss is here, and could never have risen to that level if
Vaishali Joglekar
Feb 23, 2016 Vaishali Joglekar rated it liked it
Shelves: humor, art
Has about 7 recycled strips from the book "Your Accomplishments Are Suspiciously Hard to Verify". However, a good page or two of the Elbonians :)
Skjam!
Mar 28, 2015 Skjam! rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: office workers
Recommended to Skjam! by: random reading shelf
Dilbert is an engineer who works for a poorly-managed mid-size corporation. His co-workers are hostile, his boss is pointy-haired, and Dilbert himself is less than competent with anything other than engineering. Such as dating.

The Dilbert gag-a-day comic strip has been running since 1989; this collection is of strips from 1992-1993. While details of corporate culture have changed (one set of strips has Dilbert carrying a plethora of electronic devices that would now all be contained in his smart
Michelle
Aug 09, 2013 Michelle rated it it was amazing
I used to work in the corporate world. I even sat in a cubicle. I swear Scott Adams must have been sitting in the cube next to me, because I recognize every one of his characters as people I worked with. Dilbert is absolutely hilarious. If you work in corporate America, this will make you laugh. A lot.
Jim
Jul 05, 2007 Jim rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone
This was my first exposure to the Dilbert comic strip. It's an excellent parody of the American workplace, and of computer geeks everywhere. I've since read and enjoyed the entire collection. I find comic strip collections to be excellent, short and pleasant bedtime reading.
Don Gubler
Nov 05, 2012 Don Gubler rated it liked it
Shelves: business
Some of these situations are almost to real to be funny.
Martin
Nov 17, 2015 Martin rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic-book, humor
Still funny after all these years.
Amber the Human
Dec 24, 2014 Amber the Human rated it really liked it
True, all Dilbert cartoons are available on Dilbert.com, so it's somewhat unnecessary to put it on hold at the library and have them ship it to me. But! I can't curl up on the couch with my laptop as comfortably as I can with a book. Plus, the book has the intro. As for the actual cartoons, Ratbert and the dinos and Elbonia are still major plot lines, just as I like it.
Philippe Noth
Feb 08, 2013 Philippe Noth rated it it was ok
Eh tant qu'ingénieur informaticien, je ne peux qu'être intéressé par les "cartoons" de Scott Adams. On y retrouve des thèmes familiers, comme l'incompréhension entre managememt et informatique, les délocalisations, ... mais plus généralement c'est l'absurdité qui transparaît dans tous les dessins: l'absurdité du monde de l'entreprise et du monde en général.

Je dois cependant dire que les dessins vraiment amusants sont rares. Peut-être est-ce dû au format compact, en 3 cases. Cela n'enlève rien à
Timothy Boyd
Jan 22, 2016 Timothy Boyd rated it it was amazing
We all might have started out like Calvin with a great view of life. But after hitting the workforce we all somewhat become Dilbert. Everyone knows someone like one of the characters in the strips. Highly recommended
Ed
Apr 11, 2014 Ed rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor, management
#7 in the Dilbert series.

741.59 Dilbert series - Cartoons with a satirical view of business management.
Valerie
The other Dilbert books I have are sort of hybrid, with strips interspersed with paragraphs of text. This is pure comic strips (except for the preface). So I'll insert it here.

Mostly not Adams' best, I'd say, but there are several bits on Dogbert's Good News Network, which are pretty good. We all know that news sources focus on atypical events. But Dogbert reports more accurately. It might be worthwhile to actually do this sort of thing.
Duane
Dec 07, 2008 Duane rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite Dilbert books simply because Ratbert is showcased quite a bit throughout. If you enjoy humor that's work related, this book is for you.
AndrewP
Aug 21, 2011 AndrewP rated it liked it
Shelves: humour
A collection of Dilbert cartoons. Probably funniest if you have ever been in the IT business and worked out of a cube.
Anthony
Dec 04, 2007 Anthony rated it really liked it
One of very few (if not the only) comic book I own. I keep it on my desk for stressful days when I need a laugh.
J.M.
Jun 27, 2009 J.M. rated it liked it
Very funny ... I am convinced that Scott Adams is spying on the office where I work!
George
Oct 03, 2008 George rated it really liked it
Dilbert and his crew helped me survive many years as a cubicle rat.
Steven
Jun 08, 2015 Steven rated it liked it
Decent collection of Dilbert and Dogbert adventures.
Jessica
Mar 12, 2013 Jessica marked it as to-read
Shelves: humorous, cartoon, dilbert
The Dilbert Train keeps right on rolling.
Joe O'c
Aug 23, 2009 Joe O'c rated it liked it
Very Good; Dilbert comic strips.
Andre
Jan 22, 2010 Andre rated it it was amazing
One of Scott Adams best Dilbert books.
Amanda
Aug 13, 2009 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fellow nerds and cubicle dwellers
Scott Adams is fantastic!
Kim
Kelvin
Kelvin added it
Jul 21, 2016
Jpb
Jpb rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2016
Brandy J Baker
Brandy J Baker rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2016
  • Night of the Crash-Test Dummies
  • Politically, Fashionably, and Aerodynamically Incorrect: The First Outland Collection
  • The Get Fuzzy Experience: Are You Bucksperienced
  • Wildly FoxTrot
  • The Ratvolution Will Not Be Televised
  • Thrashed (Zits Sketchbook, #9)

Adams was born in Windham, New York in 1957 and received his Bachelor's degree in Economics from Hartwick College in 1979.

He also studied economics and management for his 1986 MBA from the Haas School of Business at the University of California, Berkeley.

In recent years, Ada
More about Scott Adams...

Dilbert (1 - 10 of 42 books)
  • Always Postpone Meetings with Time-Wasting Morons
  • Build a Better Life by Stealing Office Supplies: Dogbert's Big Book of Business
  • Dogbert's Clues for the Clueless
  • Shave the Whales
  • Bring Me the Head of Willy the Mailboy!
  • It's Obvious You Won't Survive by Your Wits Alone
  • Fugitive from the Cubicle Police
  • Casual Day Has Gone Too Far
  • Seven Years of Highly Defective People: Scott Adams' Guided Tour of the Evolution of Dilbert
  • I'm Not Anti-Business, I'm Anti-Idiot