Still Pumped From Using The Mouse (Dilbert, #7)

Still Pumped From Using The Mouse (Dilbert #7)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  919 ratings  ·  21 reviews
For the more than 50 million readers who regularly enjoy Dilbert in over 2,000 newspapers worldwide, Scott Adams's take on the working world is outrageously fresh, farcical, and far-reaching. In this collection, Dilbert and his egg-shaped, bespectacled canine, Dogbert, again give readers an insider's look at the funny business of the work-a-day world.
Published March 1st 1996 by Andrews McMeel Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Still Pumped From Using The Mouse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Still Pumped From Using The Mouse

Ready Player One by Ernest ClineEnder's Game by Orson Scott CardThe Hobbit by J.R.R. TolkienThe Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams1984 by George Orwell
Best books for geeks
153rd out of 161 books — 151 voters
The Essential Calvin and Hobbes by Bill WattersonCalvin and Hobbes by Bill WattersonThe Authoritative Calvin And Hobbes by Bill WattersonCalvin and Hobbes by Bill WattersonThe Indispensable Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson
Comics! Comics! Graphic Novels!
186th out of 197 books — 34 voters

More lists with this book...

Mike Jensen
How do I hate thee, Dilbert?
Let me count the ways.

1) You are not funny
2) You are awkwardly written
3) You are ineptly drawn
4) You are mean-spirited
5) You are ridiculous

I have worked in offices, but never one like the office presented in this comic strip. I’ve worked with smart and often dedicated people who really wanted to succeed and took pride in what they did. The bosses, who sometimes had problem personalities, were not stupid as the boss is here, and could never have risen to that level if...more
Monica
This is what you need a five to ten minutes of if your workday was not how you would have liked it to be. When someone high up in the corporate jungle makes decisions you can not understand, or if technical, logical arguments fall short of feelings.....
Barry
Filled with classic strips from a classic era, this book harkens back to the day when Dilbert was consistently funny and didn't rely so much on gimmicky characters for cheap laughs.
Marsha
Dilbert’s grievances with upper management, his job, his co-workers and his life in general continue. What is puzzling is why he’s so blasé about it all. Others sink under, dropping dead from stress, losing their hair or their jobs but Dilbert rarely loses his cool. While he seems doomed to die a bachelor, he maintains perennial hope of getting a girlfriend. Even when Dogbert is concocting (and succeeding in) one of his nefarious schemes, Dilbert barrels through with the blandness that has never...more
Philippe Noth
Eh tant qu'ingénieur informaticien, je ne peux qu'être intéressé par les "cartoons" de Scott Adams. On y retrouve des thèmes familiers, comme l'incompréhension entre managememt et informatique, les délocalisations, ... mais plus généralement c'est l'absurdité qui transparaît dans tous les dessins: l'absurdité du monde de l'entreprise et du monde en général.

Je dois cependant dire que les dessins vraiment amusants sont rares. Peut-être est-ce dû au format compact, en 3 cases. Cela n'enlève rien à...more
Ed
#7 in the Dilbert series.

741.59 Dilbert series - Cartoons with a satirical view of business management.
Valerie
The other Dilbert books I have are sort of hybrid, with strips interspersed with paragraphs of text. This is pure comic strips (except for the preface). So I'll insert it here.

Mostly not Adams' best, I'd say, but there are several bits on Dogbert's Good News Network, which are pretty good. We all know that news sources focus on atypical events. But Dogbert reports more accurately. It might be worthwhile to actually do this sort of thing.
Michelle
I used to work in the corporate world. I even sat in a cubicle. I swear Scott Adams must have been sitting in the cube next to me, because I recognize every one of his characters as people I worked with. Dilbert is absolutely hilarious. If you work in corporate America, this will make you laugh. A lot.
Jim
Jul 05, 2007 Jim rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone
This was my first exposure to the Dilbert comic strip. It's an excellent parody of the American workplace, and of computer geeks everywhere. I've since read and enjoyed the entire collection. I find comic strip collections to be excellent, short and pleasant bedtime reading.
Duane
This is one of my favorite Dilbert books simply because Ratbert is showcased quite a bit throughout. If you enjoy humor that's work related, this book is for you.
AndrewP
A collection of Dilbert cartoons. Probably funniest if you have ever been in the IT business and worked out of a cube.
Anthony
One of very few (if not the only) comic book I own. I keep it on my desk for stressful days when I need a laugh.
J.M.
Very funny ... I am convinced that Scott Adams is spying on the office where I work!
George
Dilbert and his crew helped me survive many years as a cubicle rat.
Don Gubler
Some of these situations are almost to real to be funny.
Jessica
Mar 12, 2013 Jessica marked it as to-read
Shelves: dilbert, humorous, cartoon
The Dilbert Train keeps right on rolling.
Joe O'c
Very Good; Dilbert comic strips.
Andre
One of Scott Adams best Dilbert books.
Amanda
Aug 13, 2009 Amanda rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fellow nerds and cubicle dwellers
Shelves: graphic-novels
Scott Adams is fantastic!
Kim
Typical Dilbert.
Brogan
Brogan added it
Aug 26, 2014
Sam Reier
Sam Reier marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
  • Happy Trails
  • Night of the Crash-Test Dummies
  • Wildly FoxTrot
  • Blueprint for Disaster: A Get Fuzzy Collection
  • A Zits Treasury 02: Big Honkin' Zits

Adams was born in Windham, New York in 1957 and received his Bachelor's degree in Economics from Hartwick College in 1979.

He also studied economics and management for his 1986 MBA from the Haas School of Business at the University of California, Berkeley.

In recent years, Ada...more
More about Scott Adams...
Fugitive from the Cubicle Police (Dilbert, #8) The Dilbert Principle: A Cubicle's-Eye View of Bosses, Meetings, Management Fads & Other Workplace Afflictions God's Debris: A Thought Experiment Always Postpone Meetings With Time-Wasting Morons (Dilbert, #1) The Dilbert Future: Thriving on Stupidity in the 21st Century