Start by marking “Saucer: The Conquest (Saucer, #2)” as Want to Read:
Saucer: The Conquest (Saucer, #2)

Saucer: The Conquest (Saucer #2)

Bestselling author Stephen Coonts took fans by surprise with the phenomenal and heart-pounding tale of Saucer. Now Rip Cantrell and Charley Pine are back for seconds with with Saucer: The Conquest.

Someone is using top-secret information about saucer technology, information that comes from the mysterious top-secret region in Nevada known as Area 51. Meanwhile, Charley takes
Published March 7th 2006 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published September 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Saucer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saucer

K.D. Absolutely
Sep 21, 2012 K.D. Absolutely rated it liked it
Recommended to K.D. by: Nowhere
This book has an impossible plot: a saucer, U.F.O. if I may, was found in the Sahara and with the help of the US Air Force, the finder steals it right under the noses of other organizations around the world.

But I am not rating this with 1-star. Reason: Impossible things do happen.

Two months ago, I celebrated my birthday with 47 selected friends. They all sang and merrily wished me a happy birthday. Some of them even embraced me, kissed me, hugged me. I felt loved and respected. Just the other da
David Ward
May 06, 2016 David Ward rated it liked it
Saucer: The Conquest (Saucer #2) by Stephen Coonts (St. Martin's Press 2004) (Fiction – Science Fiction). Charley Pine and Rip Cantrell are back for a second installment in Stephen Coonts' Saucer series. The series opened with the discovery of a 140,000 year old flying saucer in Africa which still could fly. Now it is learned that a second saucer exists, having been discovered in 1947 and then secreted ever since at Area 51 in Nevada. Meanwhile, operating from a base on the moon, a French megalo ...more
George
Feb 12, 2015 George rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible
This was a great follow up book to the Coonts' first Saucer book...doesn't suffer from second hand syndrome. It is entertaining and thought provoking -- intrigue, world conquest and humor. Cartoonish characters with names like Senator Blohardt and Texas used car salesman turned space tourist Joe Bob Hooker add to the fun. Satirical comments like: "if we put sanctions on the French, then we must have a Wine for Food program" and "if Washington gets destroyed, we'll rebuild the capitol in Kansas - ...more
Tim
Jan 26, 2015 Tim rated it liked it
After a bit of a slow and somewhat confusing start, this story gets better and more interesting all the way through the end. This now ten year old series is due for an update. 7 of 10 stars
Ed Tinkertoy
May 28, 2014 Ed Tinkertoy rated it really liked it
This book starts off slowly with a lot devoted to describing Charley and her feelings. But about a third of the way through the action picks up. Charley is hired to fly a French space plane to the moon as a part of a plan by France to build a way station for a planned Mars expedition. But on the way she discovers some suspicious cargo and then once on the moon she uncovers a sinister plot to take over the Earth. So she quickly hatches a plan and steals the space plane and heads back to earth. Me ...more
Janell
Jun 20, 2015 Janell rated it liked it
I read the first book "Saucer" and it was good and so is this one, not great but good. The book starts off about year later after the events in the Sahara Desert and it takes off from there. At times the story line is unbelievable and you kind of wonder why the author would insult the reader's intelligence but I guess it is a fun read. Just something to pass the time.

The story line is steady no thrills or chills with some action. The characters are more defined in this book than in the first boo
Clinton Galloway
Apr 23, 2014 Clinton Galloway rated it did not like it
The book was so bad that I could not get past halfway. I stopped after I had read about a third of the book but tried it again a week later. I was very disappointed. The leaps of basic logic and common sense were almost insulting. Issues that were made to be big issues were never followed up in the story. The issue of flying a vehicle from the moon to earth, unnoticed was just too much especially since it had to be refueled in space.
Bob
Mar 23, 2015 Bob rated it liked it
The second book in the series, finds a French millionaire having set up a base on the moon hires Charlotte "Charley" Pine to co pilot one of his resupply craft. She has to take over the pilots job when he falls sick and makes a landing at the base. While there she discovers that the millionaire has secretly brought and set up on the moon and anti-gravity weapon with plans to set himself as savior and emperor of earth. Back on earth Rip Cantrell her boy friend and his uncle are playing around wit ...more
tommy welch
Mar 29, 2014 tommy welch rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great tale

Another monster tale by a notable writer. I enjoyed the story and I am looking forward to the third and final installment. The characters, plot, and pace of the piece are riveting I would recommend this soon to be trilogy to anyone who loves high adventure, sci-fi, and great storytelling.
Andrew Rose
Mar 06, 2014 Andrew Rose rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gallic Tyranny

When a French business man decides to look down on the rest of humanity from the moon, it's up to the crew of the saucer to set things right. Another fun adventure reminiscent of David Weber.
C. Stuchl
Apr 17, 2014 C. Stuchl rated it really liked it
Better than the first. By the way I had the audio version.
Started off well enough then shot into high gear and stayed there. Loved it and will be starting the next one very soon. I never go wrong with Stephen Coonts.
CD
Oct 11, 2014 CD rated it liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
Finished the first book in this series recently. Went through 'another' box and found the first two. Now to see if I can find a reasonable date when they were first read.
Ron
May 08, 2013 Ron rated it liked it
It had a lot of promise as the first book merely scratched the surface of the possibilities of that saucer. I however, found it just a tad bland. Coonts definitely leaves the reader looking for more. Unfortunately it's not just anticipation of the next part of the story. The first book was so well written, yet this one fell into the stereotypical "sequel not as good as the original" category.

Don't get me wrong, this was still a decent yarn, especially being able to "see" the strategies that hap
Ron
May 24, 2014 Ron rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this second follow up book in the saucer series. Of course I'm going to start the third saucer book right way.
Edward Fenner
Feb 19, 2016 Edward Fenner rated it it was ok
Mediocre adventure story. Terrible science-fiction. Read it because it was given to me by a friend while I was in hospital.
Shawn
Jul 11, 2014 Shawn rated it really liked it
Shelves: action, sci-fi
A great follow up to the first novel, this is equally good and in some ways better. I liked the political intrigue combined with the action and the characters all felt more real in this book.
Irl Newham
Mar 30, 2015 Irl Newham rated it really liked it
Pretty good read, fast paced as Coonts usually is.
Tom
Feb 15, 2014 Tom rated it really liked it
Easy, fun and quick read. Keep them coming Coonts!
Doug
Apr 26, 2014 Doug rated it it was amazing
slow getting going, but it finished well
Douglas
Mar 20, 2014 Douglas rated it really liked it
Very good story. Good addition to the original book. I like the characters.
Anthony Kufner
Jan 24, 2016 M. Winslow rated it really liked it
Good book
Eric
Apr 13, 2014 Eric rated it really liked it
Entertaining! A fun quick read, little thought required. Simply entertaining.
Barb Wittwer
Jan 31, 2016 Barb Wittwer rated it liked it
This book wasn't nearly as good as the first. If you get it free read it, if you have to pay for it don't bother.
Larry Holley
Dec 30, 2015 Larry Holley rated it liked it
Not as good as first book
Parsons Parsons
340 pages . Science fiction. Available in most public library collections. This is Stephen Coonts second venture into scifi and his best . The story is continuation of Saucer but with better dialog more action. In this world the French have established a base on the Moon and want to use it to take over the world using alien techonology. The story left me wanting more.

Sharon
Oct 22, 2015 Sharon rated it liked it
I didn't think this was as good as the first in the series, however it was exciting and gripped me to read it to the end. I enjoyed it and it would appeal to all hard sy fy readers, note -there is no fantasy side to this book apart from a flying saucer! If he publishes another in the series I would buy it, a resounding success then.
Robert
Jan 29, 2013 Robert rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
I definitely felt this was a better effort on the authors part than the first Saucer book. However does this make the next book you should pick up? Me thinks not. There are plenty of good books and so little time so lets quietly move on and leave this one right back up on the old shelf where it was found.
Kenneth Flusche
Oct 23, 2011 Kenneth Flusche rated it it was amazing
Well as usual got confused and read book two first. Excelant Juvenile Sci Fii recoment for ages 12 to 72, if you like quick read for intertainment, this book works. If you like the satire from the real world think Guliver's Travel from high school it's there poloticians are the same world over.
  • Razor's Edge (Dreamland, #3)
  • The Alien Years
  • Larry Bond's First Team (Larry Bond's First Team, #1)
  • Rescue Mode
  • Homeward Bound (Deathlands, #5)
  • The Fall of Colossus
  • All Fall Down (Supervolcano, #2)
Stephen Coonts (born July 19, 1946) is an American thriller and suspense novelist.

Coonts grew up in Buckhannon, West Virginia, a small coal-mining town and earned an B.A. degree in political science at West Virginia University in 1968. He entered the Navy the following year and flew an A-6 Intruder medium attack plane during the Vietnam War, where he served on two combat cruises aboard the USS Ent
More about Stephen Coonts...

Saucer (3 books)
  • Saucer (Saucer, #1)
  • Savage Planet (Saucer, #3)