Start by marking “Leg the Spread: Adventures Inside the Trillion-Dollar Boys' Club of Commodities Trading” as Want to Read:

"A Plimptonesque revel, and one of the most entertaining business books to come around in a long while." Kirkus, Starred Review
"This is a rip-roaring view of one woman's life in the trading pits of Chicago. Cari Lynn finds a world populated by larger-than-life characters, high-stakes risk-taking, and excess in all its forms. We follow along as she evolves from an innocent,
Published June 11th 2014 by Smashwords Edition (first published October 5th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Leg the Spread, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leg the Spread

Tina
Jan 24, 2008 Tina rated it did not like it
I hated, hated, hated this book. It opened with a good story that was never linked up. The first 100+ pages talked about the author's fear of walking out onto the training floor. I was so frustrated. I wish that I could get back the time that I wasted reading this book. The rest of my book club didn't even finish it.
Gail Mclinn
Jun 22, 2011 Gail Mclinn rated it really liked it
This was an intriguing look at the good old boys club of commodity trading from a women's perspective. It helps to understand the foundation of commodities trading, the harsh environment, the unforgiving atmosphere and the coping methods used by both men and women in making it through trading.

I liked here journalistic perspective, as well as her lay person's point of view that helps hone in the "real" world of commodity trading in the pits.

I highly recommend this to anyone who is interested in c
Thomson Kneeland
Dec 23, 2015 Thomson Kneeland rated it liked it
Shelves: financial
An interesting set of vignettes and stories in the trading pits of Chicago. Interesting to hear about the different personalities she encountered and all their quirks, as well as trials and tribulations. No this is not a book about trading, but for someone that has no experience in that world, it's interesting to get a sense of how the things operate in the trading pits.
James
Dec 06, 2011 James rated it did not like it
Shelves: life-in-amerika
This was a disappointing book,
the author doesn't say anything about how this business works,
she just talks about the rowdy atmosphere, her fears,
and a lot of the book is about her eating and drinking with others.

Just a lot of blather.

And the press reviews!!!
Give me a break, nothing sexy here, or anything else of interest.
Kelley
Feb 21, 2007 Kelley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was very insightful, and I did learn a lot about trading, namely how scary a world it is for a woman. But, there was a lot of details about trading that I could have done without. A trader or someone who wants to trade would really love this book.
MikeFromQueens
Apr 09, 2010 MikeFromQueens rated it liked it
Shelves: women-writers
A somewhat interesting look into into the commodities and futures trading business. I enjoyed the author's picking up of new friends which provided new and different insights.
Carley Garner
May 06, 2009 Carley Garner rated it it was amazing
Ms. Lynn puts an interesting spin on the word of commodities and the increading role that women are playing in it.
Lori Grant
A should-read autobiography on women in business.
Hanna
Laury
Jan 06, 2011 Laury marked it as to-read
Written by my cousin
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2016
L
L marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Robert J Oefinger
Robert J Oefinger rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2016
Bear
Bear marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2016
Mary Sanchez-quigg
Mary Sanchez-quigg rated it liked it
Jun 12, 2016
Joel
Joel rated it liked it
Mar 18, 2016
Andrew
Andrew rated it liked it
Jan 30, 2016
Usman
Usman added it
Jan 24, 2016
Scott Nichols
Scott Nichols rated it liked it
Dec 10, 2015
Brian
Brian marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2015
Keith Beck
Keith Beck marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2015
Annie
Annie rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2015
Terese
Terese rated it liked it
Apr 04, 2015
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Cristina Lombardo
Cristina Lombardo rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2014
Ekd
Ekd marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Michelle Lynn
Michelle Lynn rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014