Start by marking “A Christmas Carol and The Night Before Christmas” as Want to Read:
A Christmas Carol and The Night Before Christmas

A Christmas Carol and The Night Before Christmas

This gorgeously illustrated, gilt-edged edition of the classic Christmas story and poem will be a treasured memento of hiliday celebrations for years to come. The timeless tale of Ebenezer Scrooge and Moore's classic poem are among the most beloved Christmas stories of all time, and this elegant leather-bound edition is perfect to give as a gift or as an addition to one's ...more
Leather Bound, Deluxe Edition (Literary Classics), 156 pages
Published October 3rd 2006 by Gramercy Books (first published 1843)

To ask other readers questions about A Christmas Carol and The Night Before Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Christmas Carol and The Night Before Christmas

Nick
Jan 31, 2016 Nick rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sheer delight; my favorite Christmas story, A Christmas Carol, and a fun Christmas poem I had to memorize in grade school, The Night Before Christmas -- illustrated by one of those great illustrators from the era of beautifully illustrated books, Arthur Rackham. Get it and put it away for someone for the next holiday season.
Christine Woods
Dec 15, 2015 Christine Woods rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: classics
Christmas and The Christmas Carol are great reminders of the true meaning of Christmas and of how we should treat all mankind the year round.
I especially love this Calla edition, An Arthur Rackham Christmas. It is so beautifully illustrated by Arthur Rackham and I love that it also has one of my favorites, The Night Before Christmas, also beautifully illustrated.
David
Aug 19, 2016 David rated it it was amazing
Shelves: british
This concise didactic reminds us how to appreciate the Christmas season, and with it, the holiday spirit. The well-known visions of the three Spirits of Christmas awakens in the reader, as well as the miserly Scrooge, the joys of childhood, the importance of family and good will to those around us. Dickens’ renowned and loved tale of redemption is granted unique charm by his evocative language. This is matched with his sly humour, which is rarely, if ever, conveyed in subsequent retellings.

For f
Carol
Nov 21, 2008 Carol rated it really liked it
I had seen numerous movie versions but this is my first time reading the book. I loved the social problems it addressed. One question Dickens asked, that was not answered in our bookclub discussion, was what can each of us as individuals do to help ignorance and want? I believe his answer was that each of us should be helping those in need in anyway big or small that is in our means.
Rusty
Dec 05, 2012 Rusty rated it it was amazing
My favorite holiday classic. I have read it so many times that I have lost track, between fifteen and twenty times. On years I don't read it, I am reading one of Dickens other Christmas stories. And I watch at least five different versions of it every Christmas.
Zoe Ranson
It's Christmas and to feel more Christamassy and also admire a shorter work of Mr. Dickens I decided to return to A Christmas Carol. I know the story so well, but this is probably from numerous takes on it that I have watched - especially The Muppets.
Arnold
Dec 17, 2007 Arnold rated it really liked it
Shelves: charles-dickens
Despite its universal appeals neither of these novels ranks amongst the best of Dickens. Nevertheless they should be a part of any decent literature collection
Trish
Dec 30, 2014 Trish rated it it was amazing
One of THE classics that probably most people on earth know. I read it every year around Christmas and never get tired of it.
Athornton
Not the actual version I read last night but close enough!
Brian Njoroge
Jan 28, 2009 Brian Njoroge rated it it was amazing
Book was great, (i'll comment soon)
Naomi Schultz
Naomi Schultz marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
David Brooks
David Brooks marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2016
Ali Alsaady
Ali Alsaady marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2016
Stef
Stef marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2016
Lisa Baltes
Lisa Baltes rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2016
Sam
Sam added it
Jun 19, 2016
Jeff
Jeff marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
Michael Shea
Michael Shea rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2016
Pat Winter
Pat Winter marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Esther
Esther added it
Feb 26, 2016
MissedMe
MissedMe rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2016
Jamey Mast
Jamey Mast marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Michelle Anjirbag
Michelle Anjirbag marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Diane
Diane marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2016
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2016
Robert Druce
Robert Druce marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2015
Krisette Spangler
Krisette Spangler rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2015
BookishSteph1
BookishSteph1 marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Charles John Huffam Dickens (7 February 1812 – 9 June 1870) was an English writer and social critic. He created some of the world's best-known fictional characters and is regarded as the greatest novelist of the Victorian era. His works enjoyed unprecedented popularity during his lifetime, and by the twentieth century critics and scholars had recognised him as a literary genius. His novels and sho ...more
More about Charles Dickens...