Start by marking “The Call of the Wild and Three Other Klondike Stories” as Want to Read:
The Call of the Wild and Three Other Klondike Stories

The Call of the Wild and Three Other Klondike Stories

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Jack London's stories are classic American favorites. Recorded unabridged in Bookcassette Audio are "Call of the Wild" and three special Klondike stories: "To Build a Fire", "Love of Life" and "To the Man on the Trail".

Call of the Wild
A domestic dog is kidnapped from his comfortable life on a California estate and thrown into the wild north woods. Buck, half St. Bernard an
Audiobook, 5 pages
Published September 1st 2001 by Brilliance Audio (first published August 1st 2001)

Be the first to ask a question about The Call of the Wild and Three Other Klondike Stories

John
Things Jack London likes:
- clubs
- fangs
- Alaska
- reconnecting to the dormant ancestral ur-wolf
- doggies
Oleg Kagan
I don't read adventure stories very often but in my effort to fill the gaps in my reading of American classics I realized I hadn't experienced any Jack London.

Call of the Wild is an adventure story that follows the path of a majestic dog from the comfort of a domestic home to, well, the wild. The writing style, for the most part, does not get past the occasionally effusive adventure-book cliche, but the conceit of Call of the Wild (following the dog) is noteworthy in that London does it mostly c
Ensiform
Buck, a huge and simple ranch dog, is abducted, brutalized, and sent to the Klondike, where he works as a sled dog until becoming something more feral and untamed. I must have read this first sometime in the mid-eighties. I enjoyed it this time around for the drama and for the admittedly rich, exuberant uber-macho prose --- though at times I imagined London masturbating furiously as he scratched out line after line about Buck’s lithe muscles, white fangs, hairs charged with unbridled and unconqu ...more
Kim
I enjoyed this book very much. Listened to the unabridged version. Really made me want to visit Alaska and experience some of the rugged terrain detailed so beautifully in Call of the Wild. Was also nice to read a book during the heat of the summer that deals almost exclusively with extreme winter conditions and man/dog's ability to survive and thrive. Made me feel significantly cooler. Well...that and my air conditioner on "frozen tundra" mode.
Joey, about to e-x-p-l-o-d-e.
THIS...WAS...AAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EVERYONE MUST READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Carlos Cruz
Carlos Cruz marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Lindsey
Lindsey marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2013
Christa Risher
Christa Risher marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2012
Beth Mistretta
Beth Mistretta marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2012
Misssharice
Misssharice marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2011
AJP_Bear
AJP_Bear marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »
Jack London was an American novelist, journalist, social-activist and short-story writer whose works deal romantically with elemental struggles for survival. At his peak, he was the highest paid and the most popular of all living writers. Because of early financial difficulties, he was largely self educated past grammar school.

London drew heavily on his life experiences in his writing. He spent ti
More about Jack London...
The Call of the Wild White Fang The Call of the Wild/White Fang The Call of the Wild, White Fang and Other Stories The Sea Wolf