Start by marking “Through the Fire (Mystery and the Minister's Wife #1)” as Want to Read:
Through the Fire (Mystery and the Minister's Wife #1)

Through the Fire (Mystery and the Minister's Wife #1)

3.65  ·  Rating Details  ·  77 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Escape to the charming town of Copper Mill, Tennessee. Nestled in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, Copper Mill is a place of tradition and tranquility, where neighbors work together and life moves at a slower pace. But when Kate Hanlon and her husband Paul, the new pastor of Faith Briar Church, move in, they quickly find out that small town life is anything but ...more
Published September 1st 2008 by GuidepostsBooks (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Through the Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Through the Fire

Elaine
Apr 17, 2009 Elaine rated it liked it
"Through the Fire" has some excitement to it. Who is this person who confessed to burning the church down? At least one person doesn't believe he is the one to do it. Kate, Pastor' Paul's wife, does some sleuthing along with some newly-made friends. In the meantime, the congregants and a dog meet in the rundown parsonage of the newly-appointed pastor and his wife who are quickly accepted and welcome.

Seems as though someone doesn't want them to rebuild. Items have gone missing including lumber a
Debbie
Oct 03, 2009 Debbie rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, christian
"Through the Fire" is a fun and charming cozy mystery. I liked that the mystery, for once, didn't involve a dead body.

The characters were entertaining and good humored. Kate and her friends weren't unusually clever, but they definitely were determined! The pacing was very good, and I loved how the author depicted small-town life. It reminded me of my little town. :)

There was a lot of Christian stuff (Bible study, prayer, God talk, etc.) in this book, but it wasn't preachy. I liked that Kate and
Brenda
Dec 24, 2015 Brenda rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this book and how the lives of a community came together for a GREAT cause. It's a wonderful read and my first book by Diane Noble. I do plan to investigate more of her stories. I really felt part of the book when the minister's wife jumps in her car to find her husband. The entire chapter was very well written. I loved the character Renee - I know we all have someone like her in our lives. :)
Linda Williams
This is the first book of a series called "Mystery and the Minister's wife. It's
very important that you read this one and then can read any of them in any order. I really enjoyed this book that was brought to our church library and several gals in our church group are reading this series. They are light and simple but always have a good Christian message.
Sherri
Jun 22, 2014 Sherri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This entertaining cozy Christian mystery is the first in a series featuring a minister and his wife who move to a small town. Upon their arrival, they find the church in flames--that's the mystery. I don't think I have read a mystery as an adult that did not feature a dead body, so this was a first.
Pastor'S Wife
Feb 25, 2016 Pastor'S Wife rated it it was amazing
this was one of those books that I didn't want to finish, it was so good! i kind of had a suspicion about who done it but in the end i was wrong at the first. i am looking forward to reading more books from this series.
Kelley
Jul 26, 2013 Kelley rated it it was amazing
Like Diane Noble's other books, this one has some very empowered women. It is also faith filled and uplifting. With so many churches and homes today facing destruction from hurricanes, other natural tragedies and hate driven acts, this book shows that the church is not a building but is made of people. When communities step out in faith and unite anything is possible. Denominations can be transcended and walls are broken down. Christians treat each other as Christ would have them. Diane brings t ...more
Ruth
May 03, 2015 Ruth rated it did not like it
A who-dun-it, (burnt the church down) very predictable, not much more I can say!
Sonja
Feb 23, 2014 Sonja rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! And great scriptural and character messages throughout!
R.J. Kottke
Mar 10, 2014 R.J. Kottke rated it really liked it
A fun and light mystery.
Kristy
Aug 26, 2013 Kristy rated it it was ok
Blah. Nearly fell asleep on it. I bought this one and it's sequel at a bargain price (no wonder there), and had to make myself finish it. The characters seem overly fake to me. I would not want someone who doesn't normally read Christian fiction to read this because they would never read any again, that's how unreal it feels.
Kathy
Sep 09, 2009 Kathy rated it it was amazing
What a fun and uplifting read. This book is filled with love, faith and mystery. It even has a cute little dog and energetic ill mannered cat to add spice. Through the tale of mystery is also one of love and learning to not judge others.
Sharon Buxton
Feb 27, 2016 Sharon Buxton rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary
C. mystery, contemporary, inspirational fiction, series, Mystery and the Minister's Wife, #1
Barbara Campbell
Mar 15, 2013 Barbara Campbell rated it really liked it
Fun,, light, entertaining cozy mystery... my favorite kind! Here's my review: http://bookaholicconfessions.blogspot...
Michelle
Aug 26, 2013 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Christian fiction with some mystery thrown in. It was an easy read and the mystery did keep me engaged.
Amy
Jan 05, 2009 Amy rated it it was ok
I really, really wanted to like this book. I really did want to. But I didn't.
Tiffany
Jan 25, 2010 Tiffany rated it liked it
This is a nice, mellow Christian mystery. Good to read before bed.
Zulma M.
Zulma M. marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
Sherry
Sherry marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
Tori
Tori marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2016
Heidi
Heidi added it
Mar 18, 2016
Marlene Mesot
Marlene Mesot rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2016
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2016
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2016
Noreen Campbell
Noreen Campbell marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2016
Allie
Allie added it
Feb 20, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Madison Mega-Mara...: Though the Fire - 17th Aug Book 1 2 Aug 26, 2013 06:23PM
Diane Noble is the award-winning novelist of more published books than she can count: historical fiction, contemporary mysteries and suspense, and romance (written under the pen name Amanda MacLean).

Diane writes from a heart of deep faith that's woven into her stories and nonfiction writings. She often posts on Facebook and Twitter about her journey with Parkinson's Disease and the unexpected gift
More about Diane Noble...

Mystery and the Minister's Wife (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • A State of Grace (Mystery and the Minister's Wife #2)
  • Beauty Shop Tales (Mystery and the Minister's Wife, #3)
  • A Test of Faith (Mystery and the Minister's Wife #4)
  • Mystery and the Minister's Wife series: The Best is Yet to Be
  • Angels Undercover (Mystery and the Minister's Wife #6)
  • Into the Wilderness (Mystery and the Minister's Wife #7)
  • Where There's a Will (Mystery and the Minister's Wife #8)
  • Dog Days (Mystery and the Minister's Wife #9)
  • The Missing Ingredient (Mystery and the Minister's Wife #10)
  • Open Arms (Mystery and the Minister's Wife #11) by Traci Depree