Start by marking “Witch High” as Want to Read:
Witch High

Witch High

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  88 ratings  ·  15 reviews
High school is different for everyone. For some, it’s a time to shine, and for others, a time to survive. Then there are the students who attend those special schools for the gifted. But what if there was a school that catered to those rarest of students—those who can do magic?

These fourteen tales explore the challenges that students of the magical arts may face in a high...more
Mass Market Paperback, 307 pages
Published October 7th 2008 by DAW

To ask other readers questions about Witch High, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Witch High

Joshua Palmatier
I finished reading Witch High and, as with most anthologies, there were some stories I really enjoyed and then some that were just . . . meh. I don't like to focus on the meh, so I thought I'd mention the few that I really liked, that either grabbed me or my imagination and took me away for a while. Which is what everyone really wants when they read, right?

I really enjoyed "Chemistry 101" by Pamela Luzier. It wasn't serious, but it was certainly fun. Another fun read (of course) was Esther M. Fr...more
Angela (Reading Angels)
I'm normally not much for short stories, but this was a fun read! I've never read any of these authors before this, but I enjoyed each and every story. Each story is about a teen witch (or witches) that attend Salem Township Public High School #4 (or that's what the mundanes know it as), known to witchdom as Witch High. Each story was alot of fun and appropriate for teen readers of all ages. No unnecessary foul language or sexual content. In each story you learn that even teens with powers to do...more
Mauri
Bummer. Maybe I have grown out of some things.
Lexie
This was a quick read for me for when I'm cooking or in between homework assignments. I enjoyed the anthology, for everything I questioned in the Harry Potter/magical boarding school world there was an answer in one of these stories pretty much. Some fared better then others (I thought the story "Boil and bubble" by Phaedra Wheldon could have benefited from a longer format while Jody Lynn Nye's "A Learning Experience" was perfectly suited to the shorter form), but they all entertained me.

I would...more
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jaglvr for TeensReadToo.com

WITCH HIGH is a fun anthology that takes place at Salem Township Public High School #4, aka Witch High. Using the theme of the high school, each story weaves another piece of the fabric that is the history behind the school. The stories all reveal that even those with magical powers suffer the same struggles in high school as the non-magical kids. There are bullies, there is heartbreak, there are cliques, and so much more.

Containing fourteen different stori...more
Andrea
Witch High has fourteen short stories in the book, all about the high school life of a witch. I enjoyed reading these stories, although I felt that it was slightly lacking in some areas. I didn't feel like any of the stories were funny, and I missed the humor that I was looking for. I also felt that the authors in the story should have come up with a way to connect the stories, other than just the name of the school. Maybe the characters from one story could show up in another story, or even a c...more
Kate Coombs
For a story collection, this wasn't bad. The book imagines a sort of Hogwarts-type high school set in (where else?) Salem, Massachusetts. The stories are mostly about teenage students at the high school and include some romance here and there. Kind of a fun read, with a few moments of real emotion. The stories I liked best were "Remedial Magic," "The Price of Gold," and "The House." My biggest complaint is probably that there are too many stereotypical mean girls used as antagonists in these tal...more
Debbie
Overall, fun anthology of stories that take place in Salem Township Public High School #4 (aka Witch High). While there were inconsistencies from story to story -- a weakness of shared worlds that probably could have been avoided with more world building by Little -- they were easily overlooked if each story was taken separate from the others. Though... I don't quite remember high schoolers being quite so catty.
Amy Nesbitt
Its a collection of short stories. As usual, I did not love all of them. However none of these stories were boooorrrring to me. They all kept my attention and were easy to read. Not a lot of extra information or knowledge needed to enjoy them.

Anyone who has experienced high school could understand, empathise, or sympathise with the characters.

All in all its enjoyable.
Mary (BookHounds)
These little short stories were good on the most part. I was exposed to quite a few new authors I really enjoyed. I think I would actually enjoy having some of those domestic witch genes to make cleaning easier.
CLM
Oct 19, 2008 CLM marked it as to-read
Shelves: fantasy
How interesting! Denise is a lovely friend I completely lost touch with after she left New York. I will be very excited to read this anthology.
Erika
It's an all right collection of stories to pass the time, but they don't really inspire me to seek out the authors' other works.
Teena R.

Much better than lots of fantasy anthology I've read but still...
Guess I'm not for fantasy shorts.
Cissa
A good bunch of stories about a magical high school. No duds, and most were a lot of fun.
rivka
Looks like fun, and it has a Diane Duane story.
Barbi Mateer
Barbi Mateer marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Beth
Beth added it
Sep 28, 2014
Neverdust
Neverdust marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
sea。
sea。 marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Ccbooks901
Ccbooks901 marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Buster
Buster marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Angie
Angie marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2014
Christie
Christie marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Denise Little is an editor for Tekno Books.
More about Denise Little...
Twice Upon a Time Hags, Sirens, and Other Bad Girls of Fantasy The Magic Shop Enchantment Place Creature Fantastic