Vampire Knight, Vol. 06 (Vampire Knight, #6)

Vampire Knight, Vol. 06 (Vampire Knight #6)

4.37 of 5 stars 4.37  ·  rating details  ·  7,672 ratings  ·  78 reviews
Yuki sneaks into an exclusive vampire party and sees Aido's parents introducing their daughter to Kaname. They, like many other Night Class parents, desire an alliance with the pureblood. Kaname is the most eligible bachelor in the vampire society--but will he choose Yuki?
Published October 5th 2007 by VIZ Media

Fruits Basket, Volume 01 by Natsuki TakayaFullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 01 by Hiromu ArakawaDeath Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaVampire Knight, Vol. 01 by Matsuri HinoBleach Volume 01 by Tite Kubo
good manga
63rd out of 454 books — 158 voters
Vampire Academy by Richelle MeadBlood Promise by Richelle MeadFrostbite by Richelle MeadShadow Kiss by Richelle MeadSpirit Bound by Richelle Mead
Vampire Titles Collection
183rd out of 241 books — 85 voters

More lists with this book...

Arlene
I am in constant awe with the fabulousness of this series. Vampire Knight 6 does NOT disappoint and it’s evident that Matsuri Hino has a gift as a storyteller and artist. She does a flawless job of infusing back-story at just the right time to hook you even further into her series. If you’ve never tried a manga series before, Vampire Knight is definitely the way to go.

In this installment, Kaname asks Yuki a question that could change her existence and possibly cause her to lose Zero forever. Th...more
MissAnnThrope
27 February 2013

I am kind of hating myself for becoming ridiculously addicted to this silly love-triangle drama. As the story progresses, the volumes are getting intensely dramatic which is making it harder to resist this series. Vampire Knight, Vol. 6 completely sucked me in with the rising tension between Yuki and Zero. And if that wasn't intense enough, the steamy scene with Yuki and Kaname sealed the deal. Sigh. I am such a big sucker. Sucker. Sucker. Sucker.

You know a book has you hooked wh...more
Gokce ~Muslin Myst~
Jenny
[Ch. 25-29]

Good once again. Something in the end that I wasn't really expecting..

[Edit: So now it's like some kind of break so everyone's going home and you find out some more about certain people.

First this volume starts out with a dance which is very interesting and I loved it, but Rido shows up for the first time in the form of the little kid I think. I don't know for sure but I'm pretty positive it's him. And well, that's bad.

You get some insight of what will happen in later chapters when Yu...more
Michelle E. Kobus
It was interesting to see the vampires out of the confinments of Cross Academy.
Jacqueline
Jul 21, 2014 Jacqueline rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: ANYONE! Read it because duh

I mean, I know that we all love Zero and everything, but is it possible to love him MORE even when a volume hardly focuses on him? IS IT POSSIBLE?!

Volume 6 definitely shifts its attention back to Yuki, exploring more of her backstory and examining a little bit more into her psyche. Additionally, we get to play more in the minds of the secondary characters, namely the Vamps like Aido and Ichijo and Senri AND IT'S AWESOME! Unlike the previous volume, Zero does feel regulated to more of a secondar...more
Alice
Oct 25, 2008 Alice rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Shoujo fans
Probably the best shoujo manga ever! It's an amazing story that isn't just for girls. Vampire Knight transcends the normal shoujo demographic.
Strangerealms
Devan
Okay I love Vampire Knight, but it’s getting a little out there and confusing, but I will always love the first four volumes south of any others.

So here’s what happens:

She and her best friend Yori go shopping, and they are interrupted by a little boy, who asks Yuki to help him find his mother. She helps the little boy, and he leads her to an abandoned building. She sees that he has different colored eyes, one blue eye and one red eye, and he drains her energy. The Night Class discovers her unco...more
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Το έκτο τεύχος είναι ένα από τα πιο περίπλοκα ως προς την σύνδεσή του με το anime καθώς περιλαμβάνει σκόρπιες σκηνές από τα επεισόδια 2 έως 4 της 2ης season και ανταποκρίνεται στις νύχτες 25 έως 29. Η Yuki με την καλύτερή της φίλη, Yori, βρίσκονται στην αγορά της πόλης όταν ένα παιδάκι εμφανίζεται και η πρώτη, το βοηθάει να βρει τη μητέρα του. Εκείνο την φιλάει για να την ευχαριστήσει και εκείνη, βρίσκεται λιπόθυμη έξω από ένα εγκαταλειμμένο θεωρητικά κτίριο, στο οποίο πρόκειται να λάβει χώρα έν...more
Alison (AlisonCanRead)
This volume starts out with a vampire party. Yuki happens upon a great vampire ball. The party itself isn't all that interesting. What is interesting is what happens between Yuki and Kaname when they meet. Kaname and Yuki lie together. Kaname's tongue laps at Yuki's neck and his fangs descend, almost but not quite taking her blood. It sounds weird but the art the essence of heart-stopping sensuality. Kaname asks Yuki to become a vampire - to spend eternity with him - and she agrees. You can imag...more
Mery
cerita awalnya agak nyebelin, Yuuki sudah benar2 pengen jadi Vampire demi Kaname Kuran. tapi ternyata Kaname gak ngizinin. apalagi Zero. dia sempet ngancam ngebunuh Kaname kalo Yuuki jadi vampire.

Ironi banget, Zero sedang dalam proses jadi vampire level E dan satu2nya penyelamat Zero adalah minum darah Pure Blood. dan satu2nya pure blood yang ada itu adalah Kaname.

Yuuki nyari tahu tentang masa lalu nya, orang tua nya, tapi gak nemu apa-apa. satu2nya yang bisa ditanyain adalah Kaname. karena dia...more
Kate
While trying to expand my horizons with other manga series from the library, this latest volume came to my mailbox. I was only going to read the first couple of pages...I ended up reading half the volume in one sitting. This series is an example of why I love manga - when it's good, it's good. Not only is the artwork superb (probably the best of any series I've read as of yet), but the characters are engaging and the plot continues to thicken.

I've seen Vampire Knight compared to Twilight, but i...more
Rachelvalle
* VAMPIRE LOVERS WITH HUAMS, READ ME!

First off Yuki had to help a child (Did not know was a vamp)to find his mother after beeing lost at the ***** and he (Can tell u) to Yuki but was okay dizy.
Then Yuki in the begining has had a lovly moment with her and Kaname-sama and was a close call for a wish Kaname went to far with...read to know what happened.
In the Infirmary room Maria kurenal woke up after was controled by Shizuka-sama. (Maria is free with Shizuka dead) Maria was requested to lend h...more
Sebbye
So it's in this volume that we are starting to learn a little bit about Yuuki's past, and that the arc with Shiki's father begins (also, I did not remember that Sara appeared so early in the series?). There's also a big part of this volume that is about Kaname and Hanabusa's relationship, from childhood to present. Wait. Am I starting to ship this? Maybe. The Kaname/Yuuki/Zero love triangle is just getting on my nerves. Seriously, Yuuki should grow and spine and learn how to protect herself inst...more
ArdnAskelA
Talyn
Another example of Kaname's confusing behavior. Needing to "punish" Yuuki by making her lie on the couch while he held her..Jeez I know what the real reason is (having read well into the future and only just now putting this onto various shelves o_O ) but still. I would be pissed.

And the little vampire kid was adorable! Though obviously evil. Shirabuki.. -__- I don't trust you..

And I love the part in the anime where Shiki is standing at the party and Rima silently holds out a lump of food on a f...more
Naomi
Apr 07, 2009 Naomi rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
I couldn't find a copy at Walmart, but I found one at Hastings. How I love Hastings. Anyways, I was reading this book and I can't decide who I want Yuki to choose, usually I know right off the bat who I want to win. I like Kaname because he saved her and is willing to wait for her, but I don't want him to be choosen just because he saved her. As for Zero, love the name, I like him because he really protects her and he worrys about her instead of himself. Which is bad since he's so close to becom...more
Christina
Yuuki is trying hard to uncover the deeply buried memories prior to that snowy day ten years ago but to no avail. In an attempt to assist her with her search for answers and closure, the Headmaster and Zero take her to read the Society's records from ten years ago. But as soon as Yuuki lays eyes upon the page that counts the day she was found, it ignites out of nowhere! It's as if someone or something is keeping her from learning the truth...

And not only is Yuuki digging for answers, but Aidou i...more
Jazmin Jade
I have decided that I'm going to review these in batches of 5, since it takes me about an hour to read each one. Full review to come.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Yuki wants to find out what happened in her past. This was a pretty good volume. The cover looks cool.
Ashley Kempkes
Jul 02, 2013 Ashley Kempkes rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Not really. There are better mangas out there. Better vampire ones too
I loved the vampire ball and the child was so cute (view spoiler) I really like how we're getting to see more of Yuki's past too. I just really want zero to stop sucking her blood. (view spoiler)...more
Anna
Zero is left feeling new emotions for Yuki and doesn't know what to do. He's also been requested to attend the Soirée by the Society. Yuki offers something special to Kaname. Someone who lent their body to Shizuk Sama awakens. Yuki wants to remember her past... All she can remember is the last ten years of her life ...So she goes to the vampire Hunter Society to go through their records. You also find out about Kanames family and your given a peek at the tragedy that took his parents life. Also...more
Jessie
Just amazing! A series you cannot put down! The series that got me into Menga!
Robert Beveridge
Matsuri Hino, Vampire Knight, vol. 6 (ViZ, 2007)

Vampire Knight returns with a volume that halts the forward motion of the story to set u0p a number of plot points that will seemingly be used farther down the road. We've spent most of our time up till now with Yuki, Zero, and Kaname, but over the winter break, the night class head off to the country, giving us some insight into some of the previously minor characters in the series. Looks like Hino's setting this up for a good long run now that sh...more
Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥)  Bell
Deffo a little diffo to the Anime now :P
Amy Gonzalez
Okay, I've finally figured it out. This series is totally a manga version of Twilight except it's even more poorly written and there aren't any werewolves in it.

Yuki = Bella
Zero = Jacob (except he's not a werewolf--he's something else...)
Kaname = Edward

Even though this series is not for me, I know many people love it, and I think that's great. This series if perfect for readers who love manga, Twilight and dark love stories. Also, the artwork is absolutely amazing.
scarlettraces
your classic shojo vampire story. i fail to get as excited about it as some, but then i'm not 13 any more. it would also probably help if i could tell the vampire henchmen apart - if there's more than one in the same panel i can do it by gradations of height, but if not, i'm sunk. very pretty, though, and enough of an ongoing mystery and a lick of perverse humour to keep me going.
Lady Entropy
I've been blowing through my collection of Vampire Knight (5 volumes just this morning), and my opinion is pretty much the same: good concept, lovely art, confusing (and slightly silly) world build, plotholes that you could drive a truck through and a shoddy story.

Still, characters are entertaining, and if you like this sort of story, you'll love it despite its faults (like me).
Yuuki,Zero,Kaname 30 47 May 18, 2014 09:44AM
  • Black Bird, Vol. 9 (Black Bird, #9)
  • The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 06
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 05
  • Fruits Basket, Volume 21
Name in Japanese: 樋野 まつり

Matsuri Hino was born on January 24 in Hokkaido. She was a bookshop keeper who one day decided to become a manga artist, and all of nine months later, in 1995, she published her first manga title, Kono Yume ga Sametara (When This Dream Is Over), in Japan's LaLa DX magazine.
More about Matsuri Hino...
Vampire Knight, Vol. 01 (Vampire Knight, #1) MeruPuri, Vol. 01 (MeruPuri, #1) Vampire Knight, Vol. 09 (Vampire Knight, #9) Vampire Knight, Vol. 03 (Vampire Knight, #3) Vampire Knight, Vol. 04 (Vampire Knight, #4)

“I'm sorry, Aido.

Always having to put up with homeless me must be very taxing.”
33 likes