Start by marking “Crazy in Love” as Want to Read:
Crazy in Love

Crazy in Love

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  885 ratings  ·  49 reviews
In this acclaimed early novel New York Times bestselling author Luanne Rice takes readers on an intensely moving journey through the intimate terrain of a rapturous marriage in sudden jeopardy�and follows one woman�s courageous search to find her way when everything, even her heart, seems lost.�

Georgie Symonds didn�t think anything could shake her perfect marriage.
Mass Market Paperback, 400 pages
Published January 31st 2006 by Bantam (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Crazy in Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crazy in Love

Jasmin
Mar 09, 2010 Jasmin rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People who believe in marriage and family
This is actually the first Luanne Rice book I've ever read.

It was a fast read and a page turner.

And I am a sucker for happy endings.

But given my mood for the recent days, I didn't want a happy ending for this book. I admire Nick's perseverance in the travels, but I hated his job. He always had to stay away and it frustrated me. However, the photographer is another story. I liked his job, and he would make things easy for Georgie. However, that wasn't how the story ended.

I though like how close
Nenette
It is true that the most endearing stories are those that touch on the most ordinary subjects. This one is a perfect example – in it’s “ordinariness”, it elicits more empathy, and the audience is more captivated. Again, as in the other of Luanne Rice’s novels, I was able to easily relate to the Catholic background, the tight-knit families, and I must admit, to the character of Gerogie Swift who consciously gets suspicious of the goings-on between her husband and his female colleague. Though susp ...more
Tracy Smith
With a title like "Crazy in Love", I'm not sure what I was expecting. Love can make you crazy is what this author gets across in a very fine fashion, but also that it can and should prevail in the end. This story of Georgie Swift and her wonderful family had its ups and downs all through the book and facing each twist and turn is what keeps you coming back for more. Georgie finds herself dealing with every emotion that you could possibly think of. Jealousy, disconnectedness, brief and subtle out ...more
Kyle Ripley
I generally like Luanne Rice, but this book was too lame for me. The main character was not crazy but obsessive in love. I couldn't really like her very much. She seemed to blame her mother for her insecurity and paranoia about infidelity and didn't take responsibility for her own issues. Luanne Rice fans could pass this one up easily and not miss anything.
Jan Hubert Castillo
My favorite scene in this book was when Pem killed herself with a gun and Honora brought her back to life using her magic wand. It was also...

Okay. None of what I just typed really happened in this book. In fact, not much really happened. There were no fight scenes (except when Clare and Georgie fought inside the bathroom while cleaning Pem's bum)or any other "action" in it. It showed nothing but simplicity of day to day life. And I believe that that is what made this book so beautiful.

Okay. Goi
Ruthie
i fixed my books last night (for a photo shoot.. hahaha) and i realized that i have more than 10 luanne rice books.. ha! i guess i really like her books.. Crazy In Love is my third luanne rice for the month of march.. i’ll be moving on a new book tomorrow (hopefully Shooting Stars for my book club review)..

anyway, i liked this book, but not as much i did for the others.. Georgie Swift is a profiler who owns and manages Swift Observatory.. she interviews ordinary people who have extraordinary ex
Julie Barrett
Crazy in Love by Luanne Rice
Georgia and Nick are the perfect couple. They live on the family compound.
Nick commutes via seaplane to work. He and 3 others work at Wall Street.
Seaside, CT maybe the binds are not so strong.
The grandmother has done and been doing some crazy things with paint around the house that is irreversible.
She secretly worked as a maid and saved the money for a surprise for Nick. He never suspects as he's so busy with billion dollar deals.
She was awarded grant money to study h
Wei Cho
More sappy romance anyone? I seem full of them three years ago. Anyway. I'm not unfamiliar with Luanne Rice's style of writing or the feelings she elicits in me whenever I pick one of her books to read. They are endearing and warming. Tales of ordinary people with lives about to collapse and the same lesson in all the books, pursue your dreams and aspirations, even if that means that you should abandon your current dreams. Just do it. Everything will be fine. Just strive for happiness and everyt ...more
Shirley
The main character mentions God but I think she needs to rely on Him more. The Bible says God does not give us a spirit of fear, but she fears everything and most of it is in her imagination. Otherwise a good read but her negativity was a wet blanket
Ellen Puccinelli
My friends will probably think I'm crazy giving this book five stars; however, it is one of my favorite novels of all time! The first-person narration is fantastic, and I love everything about the story -- the relationship between the sisters, their mom, and their grandma; the observatory project taken on by the protagonist; the fact that two men in the story fly to work in a seaplane every day; the compound where the family lives ..... everything! Forget what you know about Luanne Rice based on ...more
Becky
This book is of a very tight knit family. Georgie feels she has the perfect marriage with Nick. Nick is consumed with his job on Wall Street and Georgie begins to feel left out and jealous with all sorts of suspicions. She begins her with the Swift Obeservatory which she examines peoples lives that have been changed dramatically by some sort of tragedy. Her she meets a very attractive photographer which makes her question her loyalty to her husband and this perfect marriage. The back and forth o ...more
Machel
Getting ready to ready this after "The Guilty Ones" by Joanna Crispi. Luanne Rice is one of the best fictional writers on the planet. If you haven't read any of her 30 novels, yet, then you have lots to choose from. Here are my personal favorites:

"Summer Light"
Rynskie
Feb 01, 2014 Rynskie marked it as to-read
nice
Maria Miaoulis
Unlike other Rice novels I've read, I wasn't too crazy about this one. The constant repetition made the story drag. Although there were a couple of shocking developments, I kept waiting for the book to "take off," but it never did. Rice's characters are always endearing, and I'm instantly transported to Connecticut's magical shoreline with her descriptions. However, I couldn't really get into this one.
June
Sep 01, 2010 June rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Observers & Rice fans
Crazy in Love deals with the intricacies of relationships between four generations of women. This book deals with relationships & love: mother-daughter, sisters, intimacy-smothering love(what is too close), infidelity (fear of, trust), Grandma's senility and care. This should probably be a 3 and a half. I really looked forward to getting back to it.
Dana Moore
Most of the book was good, I didnt like how about 90% of the book talked about not trusting your spouses when you are away, many of the couples in the book had huge trust issues.

I did like the work that the main character did, she started a foundation to observe human behavior. Sounds like something I would really enjoy doing myself.
Heather
This author is one that I have recently begun reading and have enjoyed. This book was a little odd and seemed to take awhile to get to the point. It was slow going for me and took me awhile to get into it. I did like it once it got going though. I will continue to read a few more of this author to see how they go.
Bunny
I enjoyed this book more for the family ties that are developed along the way than for the obsession that something "bad" was going to happen in the main character's life...she was set up by her mother to believe this while growing up. But the relationship with her mother, grandmother and sister was well done.
Ana Maria
I'm not usually into romance books or anything like that, but this book was rather enjoyable. I especially loved the description of living in CT on the water and feeling so free and airy....that is what I truly loved. I also did enjoy the story as well!! It was a quick read and good for bedtime reading!
Alberta
This book's center theme is family and marriage.The main character is Georgie, who is so in love with her husband, she doesn't want to be away from him. This book is one of the author's earlier books and better written than the other ones to come.
Karen Burck
A love story where this book takes you on an intensely moving journey through the intimate terrain of a rapturous marriage in sudden jeopardy and follows one woman's courageous search to find her way when everything, even her heart, seems lost.
Kinsley
I can't even finish this book, and I RARELY say that. Even if I don't like a book I read it until done. But this one I could not get into and I really enjoy Luanne Rice's books. However, this one leaves something to be desired.
Karen
it was a cute story around family and what happens when a loved one is unable to care for themselves --the demands of a career on a relationship. great family dynamics--It was not one of my fave books of Rices but I did enjoy it.
Ann Torrey
This book had slow beginning but wasn't too bad once you got into it. It did show that worrying about everything doesn't do any good just causes more stress and problems. Also shows how family changes as love ones die.
Trish
Great book about family dynamics between sisters, their mother, and a husband and wife. It seems like the main character and her behavior is far-fetched but I believe it's probably more common than we realize.
Donna
Not the best of Luanne Rice. It was more of a fantasy than real life, Georgie was a person that seemed to suffocate her husband and so much distrust. Really disappointed in this book.
CLM
Mar 08, 2008 CLM rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: fiction
This heroine is so needy and paranoid that she is driving me insane... Normally, I enjoy Rice but lately I think she is just cranking them out too quickly.
Alexis
This book was very boring . It would have catching parts but not enough to stay with the book! I am not sure what the actual plot was either.
Marie
While not the kind of love story I thought it would be, it was ok. Seemed to focus more on the female character's issues and the love for her family.
Kathy
You know, it was good. Sad in places, for sure, and the topic of living with aging parents isn't in many books I read. So yeah. Pick it up.
  • Keepsake
  • Family Blessings (Cisco, #2)
  • Heart of the Night
  • Whiskey Island
  • With Song (Dolan Brothers, #3)
  • Carolina Isle
  • Summer by the Sea
  • Flight Lessons
  • His Country Girl (Home on the Ranch #4)
  • The Perfect Life
  • Looking Back
  • Nowhere to Run (KEY News #6)
  • Home by Dark
  • Someday Soon (Deliverance Company, #1)
  • Home For Christmas: Heart Full of Love/Ride the Clouds/Don't Look Back/To Keep Me Warm (Heartsong Novella Collection)
Luanne Rice is the New York Times bestselling author of thirty-one novels including THE LEMON ORCHARD. Five of her books have been made into movies and mini-series, many have been New York Times bestsellers and two of her pieces have been featured in off-Broadway theatre productions. She divides her time between New York City and the Connecticut shoreline.
More about Luanne Rice...
Beach Girls Follow the Stars Home Firefly Beach The Geometry of Sisters (Newport, Rhode Island, #1) Cloud Nine