Start by marking “The Artemis Fowl Files” as Want to Read:
The Artemis Fowl Files

The Artemis Fowl Files (Artemis Fowl 0.5 & 1.5)

3.74  ·  Rating Details  ·  11,443 Ratings  ·  272 Reviews
How much do you know about the infamous Artemis Fowl and the People? Become an expert on everything in Artemis' world, with this hilarious and essential guide to the Artemis Fowl books.
Published November 1st 2005 by Disney Press (first published 2004)

Wyatt
May 05, 2009 Wyatt rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was a book that I liked on my first reading, but loathed very certainly upon my second or third. The two-year gap might explain a bit. The two-star rating, instead of a one, is mainly because the stories included are very good. I find no flaws with them, and I've picked up the book to re-read them several times. But the trivia questions, extras, and basically everything else, are annoying and badly written.

It always seems to me that the major flaw of writers, particularly in the young-adult
Hiba
Oct 09, 2015 Hiba rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-fantasy
'Very well, Short. If you can do anything to change my mind, now is your chance. Your only chance. Well, can you do anything?'

Holly looked at Trouble, and she could have sworn that he winked at her. This gave her the courage to do something unthinkable, ridiculously impertinent and insubordinate given the circumstances.

'Just this, Commander,' she said.
The last line of the first story ("LEPrecon") is worth the purchase alone.

~

Side note: I have got to finish the last two books in this series. Th
Debbie
Jul 06, 2008 Debbie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Artemis Fowl fans
A companion book to the Artemis Fowl series.

The book contains two short stories: "LEPrecon" describes Holly's initiation from Traffic duty to Recon. "Seventh Dwarf" follows Mulch Diggums, my favorite Artemis Fowl character, as he and Artemis team up to steal a famous tiara.

The rest of the book is comprised of "notes" from Artemis Fowl's files on the fairy folk--the fairy code and a key to decode it and interviews with the main charactersare the highlights.

Entertaining.
Matilda
(3,5)

I'm happy when finishing a series I find some short stories set in the same universe. If it took me some time to get into the last Artemis Folw's book, I thoroughly enjoyed these two short stories from the start. I loved discovering these little adventures and the little bit of information they gave me.
Now I would like to re-read the Fowl's books from the start.
Esty
Nov 26, 2014 Esty rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014, favorites
You can read the full review on my blog. (:

I absolutely ADORE this series. Genius young criminal mastermind? Kick-butt faeries? What's not to love? So, naturally, I was overjoyed to stumble upon this great find in the library.

The book was quick and fun (200 pages) with activities to entertain a kid for hours (fortunately, I have stuff to do. I did not abandon my maturity. But I would have like to:)).

The stories were written flawlessly and the interviews had me laughing. I adored getting bonus c
Vojtěch
Aug 19, 2015 Vojtěch rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own
Dobře, kvalitativně to na "normální" knihy ze série nemá, ale přesto to byly dvě krásné povídky-jednorázovky, které se dobře četly.
Brandi
Nov 08, 2015 Brandi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
Actual rating is 3.5.

I would highly recommend reading this book after reading Artemis Fowl and The Arctic Incident because there are massive spoilers for both of those books in this one. It's not necessary to read this book to understand the others, but it's good for clarification and information if you're curious or the type of fan who has to know the details or enjoys the details.

The reading level is definitely middle-school level, and this book only has two stories: LEPrecon (which gives the
Alison Van
Feb 29, 2016 Alison Van rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Artemis Fowl Files by Eoin Colfer was a great short story. The book was around 100 pages, but it was a great book to end the story. It was a blast from the past. There were no spoilers in the book so you could read it if you haven't read the other Artemis Fowl. Still, I enjoyed reading it last.

This book was really a blast from the past. It has a bunch of little games in it, which I personally skipped. The reading part was fantastic, though. There were two short stories. One was when Holly S
Iset
Jul 27, 2014 Iset rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy

Not too much to say about this one. The Artemis Fowl Files is for the completists amongst fans of the series. It contains two short stories of 76 pages each, and a little activity pack in between. Each of the books in the series also contains a code along the bottom of each page for the wily eyed reader to crack after reading the book - for those who've missed this snippet in the books, this activity pack specifically invites a little code breaking activity and provides the full alphabet to get
Morgan
Feb 11, 2014 Morgan marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Once there was a guy named evergreen he lives in Sydney Harbor Australia. There was a magic serum going around and if you got it the captor will say don't fight it, it could kill you.

In the morning after a pitch dark night. The sun was scorched away the morning mist and tern Mor' gradually appeared off the irish coast a ghost island.

The group is in island and talking around this big camp fire. The sun was going down and all these wired creatures come out and creeps behind you

Turnball was his
Jon Borah
Jan 09, 2015 Jon Borah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

EDITORIAL REVIEW:

*The Artemis Fowl Files* is comprised of two original stories: "LEPrecon": the story of Fairy Police Captain Holly Short's move from Traffic to Recon following her initiation into the Fairy Police; and "The Seventh Dwarf", featuring Mulch, Butler, and Artemis himself.EXTRAS INCLUDE:. "Behind-the-scenes" interviews with major characters including: Artemis, Holly, Foaly, Mulch, and EoinColfer himself. Coded section from the Fairy Book for kids to translate. A section for Fairy S

Roberta
Oct 17, 2015 Roberta rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great addition to the Fowl series. There are two full stories here - Holly Short's initiation into LEPRecon, and Mulch and Artemis's first job together. There are also interviews with characters (and with the author), plans for Foaly's inventions and some other extras and simple activities for readers.

The full stories add strong detail to the main story; the first one clarifies who Turnball Root is, exactly how crazy he is and why he has such a grudge against Holly and his brother; it
Abbie
Apr 11, 2014 Abbie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Artemis Fowlers
A little boring, as it's just showing us about the characters and explanations of equipment etc.
A good addition to the series if you were slightly confused by it all.
Noa
Dec 26, 2013 Noa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Facts book for the fairy fantasy series, much like The Demigod Files for Percy Jackson, this has 2 short stories, interviews with characters and some extra information about fairies.

I'll start with the story LEPRecon, this is the back story of how, Holly Short, became Lower Elements Police' first female officer. The short story also fleshes out some of Root's past as well, like who knew he had a brother, and will be come back for revenger somehow?. It's a very fun and fast paced story, but yo
Sander
Jan 03, 2016 Sander rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was okay. I didn't exactly dislike it, but I didn't really like it too much either.

It's been a few years since I read my last Artemis Fowl book, and to be honest, I don't really remember a whole lot about them. I feel like the books in general are not memorable for me. I know I had fun reading them, and I know I (mostly) liked the characters, but the books really aren't anything special.

This one had two very short stories. The stories didn't draw me in, I mostly just kept reading to ge
Jim C
Jul 21, 2014 Jim C rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My actual rating is 3.5 stars.

This is a collection of different items in the Artemis Fowl universe. There are two short stories, interviews with the characters, and illustrations.

My rating is based on the short stories. One story is about Holly joining the Recon unit and the other story is earlier in this series. The second story is an adventure with Artemis and Mulch. Both stories are excellent and bring forth the enjoyment of this series.

If you like the Artemis Fowl books you will probably enj
Noor
Oct 27, 2011 Noor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can read Gnommish now!
 Marla
LEPrecon #0.5 ~ The story of Corporal Holly Short's initiation to join Recon from Traffic patrol. Holly goes out with Commander Julius Root and Captain Trouble Kelp for her initiation. (view spoiler) ...more
Anirudh Parthasarathy
Artemis Fowl Files is an ancillary book in the Artemis Fowl octet written by the Irish author Eoin Colfer. It was released during the gap between the release of Artemis Fowl and the Eternity Code and Artemis Fowl and the Opal Deception.

It contains interviews, some puzzles, the Gnommish script decoder, interviews with the characters and the better part of the whole thing, two short stories. One of them is an event that takes place before the start of the series, which is Holly Short’s promotion
Keri Payton
(From my blog: Quill Café)

In accordance with the FTC, I would like to disclose that I purchased this book. The opinions expressed are mine and no monetary compensation was offered to me by the author or publisher.

It is no secret that I have fallen in love with the Artemis Fowl series. I have listened to the audio books of all seven released novels and anticipate the release of the eighth and last installment next year. Thus, I was pleased to discover The Artemis Fowl Files.

Of course, I had to ac
Jerome
Jul 29, 2012 Jerome rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book which is only about 200 pages is mostly made up of the two shorts stories. One called 'LEPrecon' - The story of Captain Holly Short's move from Traffic to Recon, and how she became the first female officer to serve under Commander Julius Root and the other is called Seventh Dwarf.

LEPrecon was somewhat of a disappointment. The villain, who has a very interesting background, turns out to be flat in the end and the story was just lacking the usual Fowl smartness and edginess. The story is
Michael Freeman
May 25, 2011 Michael Freeman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Artemis Fowl Files
This book was very interesting to say the least, I was a bit skeptical in the beginning. Mainly because I’m not a big fan of books that have fairies and magic in it, but this book changed my view on that opinion.
What kept me reading this book was that I was always wondering what was going to happen next. The story kept me on my toes from the very start; you never knew what was going to happen. The plot of the story probably wasn’t the greatest because it was very simple b
Betelgeuse
Oct 31, 2014 Betelgeuse rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: chi è incuriosito dai retroscena di questa serie.
Shelves: fantasy
Recensione pubblicata su Cronache di Betelgeuse

Il libro è una raccolta di storie riguardanti il mondo di Artemis Fowl. I personaggi principali presenti nel primo libro raccontano vicende sconosciute.

Si scopre per esempio come Spinella sia diventata un agente della LEP. E già allora dimostra una vera propensione nel disobbedire agli ordini e a pensare di testa sua, tentando sempre di salvare la situazione con il minor numero possibile di vittime. Fin da subito riesce a stupire il capitano Tubero,
Heidi Olivia
Sep 18, 2013 Heidi Olivia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-read
Two novellas tagged as #0.5 and #1.5, Fairy Spotter Guide and behind the scene interviews with all my fav characters (Butler, Foaly, Mulch. Artemis, Holly and Commander Root were also interviewed).

#0.5 is titled "LEPrecon" and is the story of Captain Holly Short's initiation into Recon (from Traffic) - features Commander Root and Captain Trouble Kelp. This short story gives us good background on Holly - that underneath her impulsiveness, seeming inability to obey orders and brash jock behaviour,
Ibtahaj
Sep 24, 2010 Ibtahaj rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I recently had the honor of reading “The Artemis Fowl Files”. It was amazing and descriptive! The Artemis fowl files, which was written by Eoin Colfer, took place mostly every where. This book is action packed and still lies a mystery even I can’t figure out. Any ways , this book was mainly about children trying to figure out about ancient cultures which still were not reveled. I think this was mostly to do with the captains and commander. The main characters were Holly and Root. This book is al ...more
Mafiu
Mar 08, 2011 Mafiu rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not really sure how to review this book. It has two short stories in it – that sandwich some other pap, which are character profiles and interviews with characters. I’d seen mention to the second story – the eight dwarf – on a website which made me aware of the book.

I must say that while I’m writing this – I have no recollection what the first story was about – which either sums up my memory or shows that the story wasn’t particularly memorable.

I didn’t really enjoy the supplementary material.
Learning Community Learning Community
The Artemis Fowl Files by Eoin Colfer is a great book, with two short stories. One is about LEP recon Captin Holly Short's initiation into LEP recon and the other one is about a familiar dwarf, Mulch Diggums and Artemis Fowl going after Lady Fei Fei's Tiara. Also there is some puzzles, crosswords, interviews of people you meet thoughout the series, and information on some of Foaly's gadets.

The stories may be short but they are great stories. The interveiws and information on some of Foaly's ga
mistyblue96
Great interviews with the characters (not Koboi though, shame) that bring out sides to them the series didn't reveal. Coupla other decent features.

Same old spotter's guide. Quiz, crossword, word search and Gnomish text translation - downright pathetic.

Both stories, pretty good. Particularly the one starring Holly (girl crush ftw HELL YEAH).

Bottom line: cool addition to an awesome series. Must-try for the superfans.
Julie Decker
Aug 19, 2014 Julie Decker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is part stories, part Artemis Fowl universe info. Inside, you get the fairy alphabet (which kinda made me sad because I liked that I decoded it without help!), some guides to the different races of fairies, and some other odds and ends, plus little one-shot stories about the characters you know and love. Want to know how Holly basically got into Recon on a bet? It's a hilarious story and I love Holly so much.
Brittany Constable
A nice little taste for fans of Artemis Fowl. The short stories are both solid, well-paced and without the overstrained humor that plagued some of the later books in the series. The other content is kind of hit-or-miss; I appreciated the illustrations of the pod and helmet, but I could have mostly done without the interviews (except for Butler's). Not particularly substantial, but a fun little extra.
What is it about? 6 34 Dec 15, 2012 11:21AM
  • Samurai (Simon St George #2)
  • City of Time (The Navigator Trilogy, #2)
  • Shadows in the Twilight
  • Payback (Boy Soldier, #2)
  • Voices in the Dark (The Last Descendants, #2)
  • The Basilisk’s Lair (Nathaniel Fludd, Beastologist, #2)
  • Sophie's Secret (Sophie, #2)
  • The Dragon in the Driveway (Dragon Keepers, #2)
  • Vögelein: Clockwork Faerie (Vögelein, #1)
  • Jeff Corwin: a Wild Life: The Authorized Biography
  • Into the Wildewood (Faire Folk Trilogy #2)
  • Winter Door (The Gateway Trilogy, #2)
  • The Mountain of Adventure (Adventure, #5)
  • The Brimstone Key (Grey Griffins: The Clockwork Chronicles, #1)
  • Countdown to the Year 1000 (Dragon Slayer's Academy, #8)
  • The Magykal Papers (Septimus Heap, #7.5)
Eoin Colfer (pronounced Owen) was born in Wexford on the South-East coast of Ireland in 1965, where he and his four brothers were brought up by his father and mother, who were both educators.

He received his degree from Dublin University and began teaching primary school in Wexford. He has lived and worked all over the world, including Saudi Arabia, Tunisia and Italy. After the publication of the A
More about Eoin Colfer...

Artemis Fowl (8 books)
  • Artemis Fowl (Artemis Fowl, #1)
  • The Arctic Incident (Artemis Fowl, #2)
  • The Eternity Code (Artemis Fowl, #3)
  • The Opal Deception  (Artemis Fowl, #4)
  • The Lost Colony (Artemis Fowl, #5)
  • The Time Paradox (Artemis Fowl, #6)
  • The Atlantis Complex (Artemis Fowl, #7)
  • The Last Guardian (Artemis Fowl, #8)

“Being in command means making tough decisions. Not being in command means shutting up and doing what you're told.
--Artemis Fowl”
376 likes
“I can't imagine what they're planning. But I can tell you two things. We won't like it, and it won't be legal.” 354 likes