Start by marking “The Artemis Fowl Files” as Want to Read:
The Artemis Fowl Files

The Artemis Fowl Files (Artemis Fowl 0.5 & 1.5)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  9,042 ratings  ·  230 reviews
How much do you know about the infamous Artemis Fowl and the People? Become an expert on everything in Artemis' world, with this hilarious and essential guide to the Artemis Fowl books.
Published November 1st 2005 by Disney Press (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Artemis Fowl Files, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Artemis Fowl Files

Wyatt
This was a book that I liked on my first reading, but loathed very certainly upon my second or third. The two-year gap might explain a bit. The two-star rating, instead of a one, is mainly because the stories included are very good. I find no flaws with them, and I've picked up the book to re-read them several times. But the trivia questions, extras, and basically everything else, are annoying and badly written.

It always seems to me that the major flaw of writers, particularly in the young-adult
Debbie
Jul 06, 2008 Debbie rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Artemis Fowl fans
A companion book to the Artemis Fowl series.

The book contains two short stories: "LEPrecon" describes Holly's initiation from Traffic duty to Recon. "Seventh Dwarf" follows Mulch Diggums, my favorite Artemis Fowl character, as he and Artemis team up to steal a famous tiara.

The rest of the book is comprised of "notes" from Artemis Fowl's files on the fairy folk--the fairy code and a key to decode it and interviews with the main charactersare the highlights.

Entertaining.
Esty
You can read the full review on my blog. (:

I absolutely ADORE this series. Genius young criminal mastermind? Kick-butt faeries? What's not to love? So, naturally, I was overjoyed to stumble upon this great find in the library.

The book was quick and fun (200 pages) with activities to entertain a kid for hours (fortunately, I have stuff to do. I did not abandon my maturity. But I would have like to:)).

The stories were written flawlessly and the interviews had me laughing. I adored getting bonus c
Iset

Not too much to say about this one. The Artemis Fowl Files is for the completists amongst fans of the series. It contains two short stories of 76 pages each, and a little activity pack in between. Each of the books in the series also contains a code along the bottom of each page for the wily eyed reader to crack after reading the book - for those who've missed this snippet in the books, this activity pack specifically invites a little code breaking activity and provides the full alphabet to get
Morgan
Feb 11, 2014 Morgan marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Once there was a guy named evergreen he lives in Sydney Harbor Australia. There was a magic serum going around and if you got it the captor will say don't fight it, it could kill you.

In the morning after a pitch dark night. The sun was scorched away the morning mist and tern Mor' gradually appeared off the irish coast a ghost island.

The group is in island and talking around this big camp fire. The sun was going down and all these wired creatures come out and creeps behind you

Turnball was his
Abbie
Apr 11, 2014 Abbie rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Artemis Fowlers
A little boring, as it's just showing us about the characters and explanations of equipment etc.
A good addition to the series if you were slightly confused by it all.
Noa
A Facts book for the fairy fantasy series, much like The Demigod Files for Percy Jackson, this has 2 short stories, interviews with characters and some extra information about fairies.

I'll start with the story LEPRecon, this is the back story of how, Holly Short, became Lower Elements Police' first female officer. The short story also fleshes out some of Root's past as well, like who knew he had a brother, and will be come back for revenger somehow?. It's a very fun and fast paced story, but yo
Jim C
My actual rating is 3.5 stars.

This is a collection of different items in the Artemis Fowl universe. There are two short stories, interviews with the characters, and illustrations.

My rating is based on the short stories. One story is about Holly joining the Recon unit and the other story is earlier in this series. The second story is an adventure with Artemis and Mulch. Both stories are excellent and bring forth the enjoyment of this series.

If you like the Artemis Fowl books you will probably enj
Anirudh Parthasarathy
Artemis Fowl Files is an ancillary book in the Artemis Fowl octet written by the Irish author Eoin Colfer. It was released during the gap between the release of Artemis Fowl and the Eternity Code and Artemis Fowl and the Opal Deception.

It contains interviews, some puzzles, the Gnommish script decoder, interviews with the characters and the better part of the whole thing, two short stories. One of them is an event that takes place before the start of the series, which is Holly Short’s promotion
Keri Payton
(From my blog: Quill Café)

In accordance with the FTC, I would like to disclose that I purchased this book. The opinions expressed are mine and no monetary compensation was offered to me by the author or publisher.

It is no secret that I have fallen in love with the Artemis Fowl series. I have listened to the audio books of all seven released novels and anticipate the release of the eighth and last installment next year. Thus, I was pleased to discover The Artemis Fowl Files.

Of course, I had to ac
Jerome
The book which is only about 200 pages is mostly made up of the two shorts stories. One called 'LEPrecon' - The story of Captain Holly Short's move from Traffic to Recon, and how she became the first female officer to serve under Commander Julius Root and the other is called Seventh Dwarf.

LEPrecon was somewhat of a disappointment. The villain, who has a very interesting background, turns out to be flat in the end and the story was just lacking the usual Fowl smartness and edginess. The story is
Michael Freeman
The Artemis Fowl Files
This book was very interesting to say the least, I was a bit skeptical in the beginning. Mainly because I’m not a big fan of books that have fairies and magic in it, but this book changed my view on that opinion.
What kept me reading this book was that I was always wondering what was going to happen next. The story kept me on my toes from the very start; you never knew what was going to happen. The plot of the story probably wasn’t the greatest because it was very simple b
Betelgeuse
Oct 31, 2014 Betelgeuse rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: chi è incuriosito dai retroscena di questa serie.
Shelves: fantasy
Recensione pubblicata su Cronache di Betelgeuse

Il libro è una raccolta di storie riguardanti il mondo di Artemis Fowl. I personaggi principali presenti nel primo libro raccontano vicende sconosciute.

Si scopre per esempio come Spinella sia diventata un agente della LEP. E già allora dimostra una vera propensione nel disobbedire agli ordini e a pensare di testa sua, tentando sempre di salvare la situazione con il minor numero possibile di vittime. Fin da subito riesce a stupire il capitano Tubero,
Heidi Olivia
Two novellas tagged as #0.5 and #1.5, Fairy Spotter Guide and behind the scene interviews with all my fav characters (Butler, Foaly, Mulch. Artemis, Holly and Commander Root were also interviewed).

#0.5 is titled "LEPrecon" and is the story of Captain Holly Short's initiation into Recon (from Traffic) - features Commander Root and Captain Trouble Kelp. This short story gives us good background on Holly - that underneath her impulsiveness, seeming inability to obey orders and brash jock behaviour,
Ibtahaj
I recently had the honor of reading “The Artemis Fowl Files”. It was amazing and descriptive! The Artemis fowl files, which was written by Eoin Colfer, took place mostly every where. This book is action packed and still lies a mystery even I can’t figure out. Any ways , this book was mainly about children trying to figure out about ancient cultures which still were not reveled. I think this was mostly to do with the captains and commander. The main characters were Holly and Root. This book is al ...more
Mafiu
Not really sure how to review this book. It has two short stories in it – that sandwich some other pap, which are character profiles and interviews with characters. I’d seen mention to the second story – the eight dwarf – on a website which made me aware of the book.

I must say that while I’m writing this – I have no recollection what the first story was about – which either sums up my memory or shows that the story wasn’t particularly memorable.

I didn’t really enjoy the supplementary material.
Learning Community Learning Community
The Artemis Fowl Files by Eoin Colfer is a great book, with two short stories. One is about LEP recon Captin Holly Short's initiation into LEP recon and the other one is about a familiar dwarf, Mulch Diggums and Artemis Fowl going after Lady Fei Fei's Tiara. Also there is some puzzles, crosswords, interviews of people you meet thoughout the series, and information on some of Foaly's gadets.

The stories may be short but they are great stories. The interveiws and information on some of Foaly's ga
Julie Decker
This book is part stories, part Artemis Fowl universe info. Inside, you get the fairy alphabet (which kinda made me sad because I liked that I decoded it without help!), some guides to the different races of fairies, and some other odds and ends, plus little one-shot stories about the characters you know and love. Want to know how Holly basically got into Recon on a bet? It's a hilarious story and I love Holly so much.
Sean Randall
As an avid Artemisian it's hard to believe that I hadn't read this yet. It was quite interesting, too - I think I liked the first story more than the second but the history side of things is often underplayed in the main sequence so worked well here.

This sort of tie-in gets lost when you listen to audio books; a real shame as Nathaniel Parker (who narrates the unabridged novels) does so with such aplomb. It would have been nice if LEPrecon had been included as an audio bonus with The Opal Decept
Sharon X
This was a great book beacause it had two great sub-stories. I think that Eion colfer wrote these well, and the 7th dwarf was so sweet, Artemis giving the diamond the his mother like that. There were some problems though. In the artic acident, it said that it was artemis's first time yet in the seventh dwarf (which was suppossed to have happen before that artic accident). I really enjoyed the explaination on Foaly's inventions, though it would have been nice to have know more about foaly's inven ...more
Chandler L
I loved this book! It was better than that time traveling one. Way better! Well any ways this book is really good because it has the most action and all that cool stuff in it. When Holly saved the day from the rogue fairy, which was the most awesome part of the book. When I saw this book I said to myself that this would be a good book and I was right. There was a whole lot more than the other books all packed into this one book separated into three pieces. I really liked the middle of the book w ...more
☆Ciara☆
I got this book when I was about ten and going to France for a holiday. It was brilliant.

It could have been a bit longer, that's the only thing, and if you got The Seventh Dwarf when it was a World Book Day book, you might be a bit disappointed to see it's one of the two stories advertised, but I didn't have that so I was grand.

I really loved this book years ago. It had loads of extra information on the characters and the world, all done with Colfer's trademark humour. The codes were deadly. In
Go
I enjoyed the short stories; they were well-developed. The background story of Holly Short being initiated into the LEPrecon unit was especially meaningful. It further deepens the overall relationships in the Artemis Fowl world. I loved the silly interviews. “What keeps you awake at night?” Part of the answer Artemis gives is he sometimes feels bad about the things he has done but gets past the guilt when he checks his bank account balance. One of Butler’s questions was “What is your favorite bo ...more
Lauren
An excellent companion book to the Artemis Fowl series. Although it's entirely supplementary, in a weird way I think this was my favourite book of the series. You definitely can't appreciate it without having read the others, but I found it was the one that I had the longest-lasting affection for.

This book is pretty much what you'd expect, containing notes, diagrams, and maps relating to the series along with a couple short stories about the characters' other adventures. The short stories are pr
Lena Hurzook
It was good. I read the series a number of years ago and completely enjoyed it. It was neat to find this book and get some in between and back stories on the Artemis Fowl gang and find out some new adventures. I didn't like the last half of the book that had the interviews with the characters. They didn't seem genuine.
Veronica Hester
Jun 08, 2014 Veronica Hester rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: The Artemis Fowl Fan
Recommended to Veronica by: I damn LOVE Artemis Fowl, it's impossible to keep me away from any Artemis Fowl books!
The stories were great, fun, awesome as usual. Even though the last one could never really happen.
The rest of the book was boring. Crosswords, find a words, codes (which I admit weren't so bad), interviews, species biographies, and diagrams.
The interviews were nothing special. The biographies only revolve around one particular character (e.g, centaur=Foaly, elf=Holly). The diagrams are also pretty uninteresting, except for one which explains how to get above ground, how the whole flare thing wor
DavidO
A short story about how Holly got her job and another about what Mulch Diggums did after the events of book 1. Both are entertaining enough, though neither is necessary. There's also some miscellaneous junk of questionable interest.
Florence R
The Seventh Dwarf reminded me of the younger, more cunning Artemis. Definitely enjoyed the back story about how Holly got her first acorns. Too bad the notes didn't include descriptions of No1's species as well. A neat companion to the Artemis Fowl series.
Spencer
It was a really good addition to the series. it has 3 seperate stories about holly's training, another adventure with artemis and for the life of me I can't remember the third.
What is it about? 6 34 Dec 15, 2012 11:21AM
  • Samurai (Simon St George #2)
  • Shadows in the Twilight
  • The Dragon in the Driveway (Dragon Keepers, #2)
  • The Navigator (The Navigator Trilogy, #1)
  • The Mountain of Adventure (Adventure, #5)
  • Theodosia and the Eyes of Horus (Theodosia Throckmorton, Book #3)
  • Sophie's Secret (Sophie, #2)
  • Voices in the Dark (The Last Descendants, #2)
  • Into the Wildewood (Faire Folk, #2)
  • Payback (Boy Soldier, #2)
  • Winter Door (The Gateway Trilogy, #2)
  • Vögelein: Clockwork Faerie (Vögelein, #1)
  • The Brimstone Key (Grey Griffins: The Clockwork Chronicles, #1)
  • The Eternal Flame (The Great Tree of Avalon, #3)
  • Milrose Munce and the Den of Professional Help
  • The Magykal Papers (Septimus Heap, #7.5)
  • Countdown to the Year 1000 (Dragon Slayer's Academy, #8)
  • To the Blight (The Eye of the World, #2)
Eoin Colfer (pronounced Owen) was born in Wexford on the South-East coast of Ireland in 1965, where he and his four brothers were brought up by his father and mother, who were both educators.

He received his degree from Dublin University and began teaching primary school in Wexford. He has lived and worked all over the world, including Saudi Arabia, Tunisia and Italy. After the publication of the A
More about Eoin Colfer...
Artemis Fowl (Artemis Fowl, #1) The Arctic Incident (Artemis Fowl, #2) The Opal Deception  (Artemis Fowl, #4) The Eternity Code (Artemis Fowl, #3) The Lost Colony (Artemis Fowl, #5)

“Being in command means making tough decisions. Not being in command means shutting up and doing what you're told.
--Artemis Fowl”
353 likes
“I can't imagine what they're planning. But I can tell you two things. We won't like it, and it won't be legal.” 344 likes