Start by marking “Her Mother's Keeper (Silhouette Romance #215)” as Want to Read:
Her Mother's Keeper (Silhouette Romance #215)

Her Mother's Keeper (Silhouette Romance #215)

3.45  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,077 Ratings  ·  55 Reviews
HER MOTHER NEEDED HER

When Gwen met Luke she discovered the answer to her question: Luke was the mos
200 pages
Published April 1st 1983 by Silhouette (first published 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Her Mother's Keeper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Mother's Keeper

Elena
Feb 17, 2012 Elena rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was somewhat an annoying read. The heroine is a presumptious little thing, assuming she can control her mother's life and that she knows better. But that's not even the problem ! The problem (to me!) is when there is a clear miscommunication that the author forcefully pushes until the end of the book, when in reality it would have been resolved in the first 10 minutes of the conversation (i.e. "Hi I am Gwen! You must be my mother's new boyfriend! Oh you are not? The End!).

Don't get me
Mariana
Sep 20, 2015 Mariana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book, made me laught a lot! It's a great book and Gwen and Luke's are a lovely couple.
78sunny
Apr 19, 2014 78sunny rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Kurz-Meinung:
Das Hörbuch war ein Reinfall für mich – sowohl vom Inhalt als auch vom Sprecher.
Der Inhalt war extrem kitschig und kaum nachvollziehbar. Und das sagt jemand der Kitsch sonst wirklich gut findet. Die Beziehung zwischen Gwen und Mortimer entwickelt sich viel zu schnell. Es wird mit keiner Silbe glaubhaft erklärt warum sich da überhaupt etwas zwischen den beiden entwickelt und schon liegen sie sich in den Armen und schmachten dahin. Noch lächerlicher wird das ganze dann am Ende als sic
Jesi
I really didn't like the main character in this one. She was too... young, maybe. Making assumptions, "trying to protect her mother" which really read as her deciding what was okay and how her mother should be, being manipulative and seeing nothing wrong with it... I would have decked her, had I been the male lead. I usually enjoy Roberts, but this book just didn't sit well.
Maura
Ugh. Not a good book at all. We start out with an annoying heroine who leaps and bounds to all the wrong conclusions, feels the need to control her mother's life, is outright rude to people she doesn't know and is actually something of a whiny spoiled brat. The hero isn't much better. He spends a good portion of the book being a complete asshat. He seduces the heroine knowing that she thinks he's sleeping with her mother...yeah, try to follow that... He never bothers to correct her. He's mean to ...more
Joy Naitore
What can I say about Gwen and Mr. Powers...hmmmm I saw the spark despite the 12 years age difference. I did not blame Gwen at all when she thought Mr. Powers and her mum were having an affair...their age blended very well.....

Who wouldn't leave the expensive New York to go and save her mum from this Bold 'Atrocious' and 'Beastly' man...
... Gwen has a wild mind

I don't blame her....hehe
Linda Bogaard
Very typical, very predictable romance novel by Nora Roberts.
Everyone is exceptionally good looking and talented and the main character can't stand the other character at first (this time its the young woman who doesn't like the guy) but through a series of events, just can't resist him and falls in love and they "live happily ever after". Gag! Was a light listen while driving in the car.
Daughter thinks man is taking advantage of her mother and that mother is falling in love with the guy.
Mary Whited
I love Nora Roberts and I plan to read all of her books. However this book is one of her worst. I had a very hard time finishing this book. I hated how weak the main female character was while pretending that she was so strong. Also the male main character was almost as bad as the female.
Nicola
I can honestly say that I am not sure if it is the narrator or the author that so quickly and completely drew me into the world of Gwen and Like. From the beginning I had to keep listening in order to find out what happened next. I liked the relationship that developed between Luke and Gwen, despite all of the misunderstandings and misconceptions.
Gwen's mother, Annabelle, was also a very likeable chatacter. It felt completely realistic that her mother would respond to Gwen's inquiries in the way
ekarifin
Yay... another Herlequin...

Hmm... kali ini temanya pulang kampung dan ketemu cowo cakep yang ternyata lagi ngekost di rumah... Woooaaa... saya berasal dari keluarga yang rata-rata bule-bule dan bude-bude saya pengusaha kos2an, bahkan ada yang khusus cowo, tapi nggak pernah ada yang cakep... *sigh*

Anyway, ceritanya sih simple, Gwen denger katanya mamanya punya kekasih baru dan jauh lebih muda. Itulah alasannya kenapa dia memutuskan untuk pulang kampung, dan kesalahpahaman itu terjadi sepanjang no
Jess
I don't think I've ever read a completely closed door Nora Roberts before. How strange.

(And I don't mind an old fashioned daughter thinks she's falling in love with her mother's love storyline, but this one went on for far too long.)
Meg
Aug 18, 2015 Meg rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay for its time

I should've checked the copyright date . This was a period when her her hero was a little too arrogant for my taste and her heroines a little too naïve .
Patricia Clark
Apr 05, 2014 Patricia Clark rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed it very much the book kept you turning page after page

you kept want to find out what was going to happen2 was was next the story was very good it was also exciting
Julie Barrett
Oct 01, 2012 Julie Barrett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Her Mother's Keeper
Gwen LaCross is there at her mothers, Annabelle where she runs an inn. One of the men is Luke Powers and she's taken to him, the author.
Her mother was drawn to him and she is there to see what she sees in him cuz she knows it's wrong.
Louisiana bayou's hold a mystery and it brings her back in time. She works at Style in NYC where she's in charge of models and deadlines and Bradley is an artist and he wants her to sit for him.
She had broken up with Michael before she came to hel
Susan
Oct 23, 2015 Susan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
No depth. Cute story for a quick read

Cute, quick story. No depth. Not like Nora Roberts books, I normally read. First book of hers, I did give five stars.
Nancy Ann Zecca
May 18, 2014 Nancy Ann Zecca rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
No plot

No plot

needs a plot and a little action. Too fast of a read. not as thrilling as the other books are
Missghana77
May 01, 2014 Missghana77 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
loving this old books from the Nora Roberts, This book is cute and of course funny ending. One of those no stress, no action, no drama books. I love it.
Jana
Dec 02, 2015 Jana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A short read. Though the reader figures there's more than meets the eye to the storyline, you are kept in suspense until the last few pages.
Melissa
Okay, So I recently read 3 of Nora's older books, this one, "From this Day", and "Less of a Stranger". All 3 are very similar in that the women seem much less strong. They all wind up giving in to the men that come into their lives, and the men push them around alot. It's like in their minds they never want to kiss or be intimate with these men but the men just grab them and they wind up giving in. Also, I guess because these are older books, the men don't have sex with them, but wait until they ...more
Erica Johnson
It was fine. Nothing memorable. A cookie cutter romance novel; not as good as her later books.
Tania Martins
Engraçado dentro do estilo Nora anos 80 mas as tantas achei a protagonista meio tontinha das ideias, quer dizer o Luke tambem não ajudou mas achei que eram demasiadas confusões desnecessariamente, salvou-se as personagens secundárias como os pintores e mesmo a mãe dela tambem a achei meio insonsa, achei aquele final muito abrupto. A Gwen era muito madura para umas coisas e para outras, porque e que a mãe dela não podia apaixonar-se por alguem mais novo mas ela podia apaixonar-se por um homem doz ...more
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Pulang hanya untuk menyelamatkan ibunya dari laki2 perayu, itu yang di lakukan Gwen, dan dengan mengancam Luke untuk menjauhi ibunya. Tetapi yang dihadapi oleh Gwen ternyata diluar dugaannya, pria ini sangat menarik, dan rasanya wajar jika Annabelle tertarik, sehingga Gwen mengerahkan kemampuannya untuk memikat Luke, yang ternyata juga menaruh hati padanya. Annabelle sebenarnya sengaja mengatur isu ini agak Gwen segera pulang dan bertemu dengan pria yang akan di jodohkan ibunya kepadanya. Sepert ...more
Samantha
Not one of my favorites of Nora Roberts. It was a quick read. Decent.
Sirajaa
Apr 29, 2015 Sirajaa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was honestly just stupid drivel.... very disappointed.
Luvmena
Oct 28, 2010 Luvmena rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nora-roberts
Her mother needed her... Gwen Lacrosse had decided. So she took a vacation from her demanding New York job with prestigious Style Magazine to go home to Louisiana. Gwen was sure that her mother had been duped by the successful and unscrupulous author Luke Powers. How could anyone fall for such a man? When Gwen met Luke she discovered the answer to her question: Luke was the most attractive man she had ever met. Gwen knew that she should persuade him to return to his native California...but how c ...more
Michele Barnes
Aug 09, 2014 Michele Barnes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gwen arrives home to take care of her mum and fall in love
Mafi
À semelhança de Ash e Ty de "Mundos Opostos", Luke e Gwen foram um casal também ambíguo: gostei deles, como personagens individuais (mais do Luke) mas como casal senti que faltava ali algo, e depois aquele pensamento da Gwen, que fazia com que se sentisse culpada pelo amor por Luke foi um pouco parvo, porque tirou conclusões precipitadas e podia muito bem ter resolvido logo os problemas, ao perguntar à mãe as suas dúvidas.

Opinião completa aqui: http://algodaodoceparaocerebro.blogsp...
Brenda Arnett
Nora always writes a good book

It was a good book, I have enjoyed reading it, I look forward to her next new book,
you will never be disappointed with a Nora Roberts book.
Maria
May 15, 2010 Maria rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
A very lighthearted book for a lazy summer afternoon. The Heroine Gwen we get to know quite well but the Hero, I dont know anything about him other than he is a writer who likes to get down to earth at times and chop trees. He was just to sketchy for me.
And I wonder if its because its a rather old book that the story is about age differences and why the Hero doesnt make love to the Heroine.
He likes his bride to be a virgin and he is afraid she will lose her alluring innocence.

No I didnt like t
Mona
Jul 17, 2012 Mona rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I happened to read first "From this day" and the type of story is so alike. Nonetheless, I enjoyed the book. It's so catchy and funny (thanks to the character Luke, in my opinion) I quite dislike the way passion rose between them in a few seconds and how the girl gave in just like that. But I must say, this is something personal. The end was disappointing, not much, but it was. So predictable...
It's a summer read or a weekend read. Nothing outstanding, but entertaining.
  • Keir O'Connell's Mistress (O'Connells, #1)
  • Millionaire in Command (The Landis Brothers, #3) (Man of the Month)
  • The Winter Bride (Harlequin Presents, #1989)
  • Escape from Cabriz
  • The Marriage Demand
  • Lamb to the Slaughter
  • Kansas Home: Hearts Adrift Find a Place to Dwell in Four Romantic Stories
  • The Duke's Desire (Harlequin Historical, #528)
  • Mom Meets Dad (Finding Mr. Right, #3)
  • Ready For Romance
  • The Playboy & Plain Jane (Dynasties: The Barones #1)
  • Holiday Royale
  • Man of Ice
  • The Unforgiving Bride
  • Prince Charming M D (Silhouette Special Edition, 1209)
  • Cry Uncle
  • Suite 606 (includes In Death, #27.5)
  • Murder on the Fourth of July (Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys: Super Mystery, #28)
Nora Roberts was born in Silver Spring, Maryland. She began writing when a blizzard in February 1979 kept her in her hilltop home with a three and six year old for nearly a week of canceled kindergarten and dwindling chocolate supplies.

During the now-famous blizzard, she pulled out a pencil and notebook and began to write a story for her own entertainment. From the first page, she knew it was wha
More about Nora Roberts...

“I learned you must always accept love when it’s offered, always give it when it’s needed. There might not be a second chance. And I know, too, that until your heart’s been broken, you never know the full beauty of love.” 1 likes
“proud” 0 likes