Her Mother's Keeper (Silhouette Romance #215)

Her Mother's Keeper (Silhouette Romance #215)

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  750 ratings  ·  42 reviews
HER MOTHER NEEDED HER

When Gwen met Luke she discovered the answer to her question: Luke was the mos...more
200 pages
Published April 1st 1983 by Silhouette (first published 1983)

Elena
This book was somewhat an annoying read. The heroine is a presumptious little thing, assuming she can control her mother's life and that she knows better. But that's not even the problem ! The problem (to me!) is when there is a clear miscommunication that the author forcefully pushes until the end of the book, when in reality it would have been resolved in the first 10 minutes of the conversation (i.e. "Hi I am Gwen! You must be my mother's new boyfriend! Oh you are not? The End!).

Don't get me...more
78sunny
Kurz-Meinung:
Das Hörbuch war ein Reinfall für mich – sowohl vom Inhalt als auch vom Sprecher.
Der Inhalt war extrem kitschig und kaum nachvollziehbar. Und das sagt jemand der Kitsch sonst wirklich gut findet. Die Beziehung zwischen Gwen und Mortimer entwickelt sich viel zu schnell. Es wird mit keiner Silbe glaubhaft erklärt warum sich da überhaupt etwas zwischen den beiden entwickelt und schon liegen sie sich in den Armen und schmachten dahin. Noch lächerlicher wird das ganze dann am Ende als sic...more
Jesi
I really didn't like the main character in this one. She was too... young, maybe. Making assumptions, "trying to protect her mother" which really read as her deciding what was okay and how her mother should be, being manipulative and seeing nothing wrong with it... I would have decked her, had I been the male lead. I usually enjoy Roberts, but this book just didn't sit well.
Duncan Mandel
A woman on a mission gets sidetracked by love in this irresistible story from #1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts. AVAILABLE DIGITALLY FOR THE FIRST TIME Gwen Lacrosse has no reason to doubt that famous novelist and infamous womanizer Luke Powers is taking advantage—romantically—of her mother. His name is mentioned in fawning terms all over her mother’s letters to Gwen, which is why she now finds herself jetting from Manhattan to her hometown on the outskirts of New Orleans. But he...more
Nicola
I can honestly say that I am not sure if it is the narrator or the author that so quickly and completely drew me into the world of Gwen and Like. From the beginning I had to keep listening in order to find out what happened next. I liked the relationship that developed between Luke and Gwen, despite all of the misunderstandings and misconceptions.
Gwen's mother, Annabelle, was also a very likeable chatacter. It felt completely realistic that her mother would respond to Gwen's inquiries in the way...more
Patricia Clark
Enjoyed it very much the book kept you turning page after page

you kept want to find out what was going to happen2 was was next the story was very good it was also exciting
Julie Barrett
Her Mother's Keeper
Gwen LaCross is there at her mothers, Annabelle where she runs an inn. One of the men is Luke Powers and she's taken to him, the author.
Her mother was drawn to him and she is there to see what she sees in him cuz she knows it's wrong.
Louisiana bayou's hold a mystery and it brings her back in time. She works at Style in NYC where she's in charge of models and deadlines and Bradley is an artist and he wants her to sit for him.
She had broken up with Michael before she came to hel...more
Nancy Ann Zecca
No plot

No plot

needs a plot and a little action. Too fast of a read. not as thrilling as the other books are
Missghana77
loving this old books from the Nora Roberts, This book is cute and of course funny ending. One of those no stress, no action, no drama books. I love it.
Melissa
Okay, So I recently read 3 of Nora's older books, this one, "From this Day", and "Less of a Stranger". All 3 are very similar in that the women seem much less strong. They all wind up giving in to the men that come into their lives, and the men push them around alot. It's like in their minds they never want to kiss or be intimate with these men but the men just grab them and they wind up giving in. Also, I guess because these are older books, the men don't have sex with them, but wait until they...more
Tania Martins
Engraçado dentro do estilo Nora anos 80 mas as tantas achei a protagonista meio tontinha das ideias, quer dizer o Luke tambem não ajudou mas achei que eram demasiadas confusões desnecessariamente, salvou-se as personagens secundárias como os pintores e mesmo a mãe dela tambem a achei meio insonsa, achei aquele final muito abrupto. A Gwen era muito madura para umas coisas e para outras, porque e que a mãe dela não podia apaixonar-se por alguem mais novo mas ela podia apaixonar-se por um homem doz...more
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Pulang hanya untuk menyelamatkan ibunya dari laki2 perayu, itu yang di lakukan Gwen, dan dengan mengancam Luke untuk menjauhi ibunya. Tetapi yang dihadapi oleh Gwen ternyata diluar dugaannya, pria ini sangat menarik, dan rasanya wajar jika Annabelle tertarik, sehingga Gwen mengerahkan kemampuannya untuk memikat Luke, yang ternyata juga menaruh hati padanya. Annabelle sebenarnya sengaja mengatur isu ini agak Gwen segera pulang dan bertemu dengan pria yang akan di jodohkan ibunya kepadanya. Sepert...more
Luvmena
Her mother needed her... Gwen Lacrosse had decided. So she took a vacation from her demanding New York job with prestigious Style Magazine to go home to Louisiana. Gwen was sure that her mother had been duped by the successful and unscrupulous author Luke Powers. How could anyone fall for such a man? When Gwen met Luke she discovered the answer to her question: Luke was the most attractive man she had ever met. Gwen knew that she should persuade him to return to his native California...but how c...more
Mafi
À semelhança de Ash e Ty de "Mundos Opostos", Luke e Gwen foram um casal também ambíguo: gostei deles, como personagens individuais (mais do Luke) mas como casal senti que faltava ali algo, e depois aquele pensamento da Gwen, que fazia com que se sentisse culpada pelo amor por Luke foi um pouco parvo, porque tirou conclusões precipitadas e podia muito bem ter resolvido logo os problemas, ao perguntar à mãe as suas dúvidas.

Opinião completa aqui: http://algodaodoceparaocerebro.blogsp...
Brenda Arnett
Nora always writes a good book

It was a good book, I have enjoyed reading it, I look forward to her next new book,
you will never be disappointed with a Nora Roberts book.
Maria
A very lighthearted book for a lazy summer afternoon. The Heroine Gwen we get to know quite well but the Hero, I don´t know anything about him other than he is a writer who likes to get down to earth at times and chop trees. He was just to sketchy for me.
And I wonder if it´s because it´s a rather old book that the story is about age differences and why the Hero doesn´t make love to the Heroine.
He likes his bride to be a virgin and he is afraid she will lose her alluring innocence.

No I didn´t l...more
M.
I happened to read first "From this day" and the type of story is so alike. Nonetheless, I enjoyed the book. It's so catchy and funny (thanks to the character Luke, in my opinion) I quite dislike the way passion rose between them in a few seconds and how the girl gave in just like that. But I must say, this is something personal. The end was disappointing, not much, but it was. So predictable...
It's a summer read or a weekend read. Nothing outstanding, but entertaining.
Rachel V. Joiner
Older work, it was okay. I listened to the audiobook & the accents were really annoying.
Kristiana S
Waktu mengambil buku ini dari tumpukan dosa di lemari, aku sempet ngira kalo buku ini belum terbaca. Tapi setelah beberapa bab pertama, langsung ingat kalau aku udah baca buku ini sebelumnya.
Terus terang aku ga terlalu suka sama ceritanya. Tapi buku ini punya pesan moral agar kita ga mencampuri urusan orang lain, dan bahwa cinta itu ga mengenal batas usia. Apalah artinya perbedaan usia 12 tahun bagi sepasang manusia? (ecieeeee..)
Elizabeth
Definitely some plot holes here, not one of her better early efforts.
iyan dhiannia
its a fun book...lucu pokoknya...kecurigaan adalah buah dari ketergesa-gesaan, hikmah yang bisa diambil dari nhe book adalah kita emang ga boleh berprasangka, baik itu prasangka baek ..pa lagi buruk ^_^
di sisi lain nda baik juga mencerminkan sesuatu yang nda benar dan nda meluruskan apa 'yang kelihatan'
Maggie
I've read this before as part of an anthology. This time I decided I'd try it on audio and really I shouldn't haven bothered. Some books are better in print and some are better on audio, this one isn't great in either. It is definitely one of her earlier books and not a very good one at that.
Corinne
I like some of Nora Roberts books, but this wasn't one of them. It had no redeeming qualities and was just pure romance shlock. No mystery, not a strong central character, no interesting side plots. I would recommend skipping over this one.
Nisha  Patel
Gwen had a sweet personality which was different then the Luke. There was age difference but it didn’t really matter much. This book was lighthearted that could be read in an afternoon or a quick read. It was enjoyable.
Yvonne Thompson
Predictable ... I kept hoping it was over.
Antoinette
Didn't care for this one. However, it was a short listen, and I didn't have to think too much. Too sappy, and the main character was just incredibly ditzy. But, it passed the time.
Sonia Cristina
Não gostei muito desta história, não me puxou pelo sentimento, não fiquei convencida com a parte de Gwen achar que Luke era amante da mãe...
Sayo
sick of the girl who really suspicious with her mother..i really know that her mother just a partner in doing work with that guy..
Caroline
This is a sweet old fashioned story which feels very dated. A light read which doesn't really belong in this day and age.
Niki
Older Nora Roberts book, would always pick never books of hers but still a quick, easy romance.
  • The Main Attraction
  • The Winter Bride (Harlequin Presents, #1989)
  • The Greek Tycoon's Virgin Wife
  • Heart of Gold (Loveswept, No 393; Rainbow Chasers, #1)
  • Make Me Crazy (Loco, Texas, #1)
  • Strong, Hot Winds
  • Larger Than Life
  • Hawk O'Toole's Hostage
  • The Taming of a Wild Child (LaBlanc Sisters #2)
  • Ready For Romance
  • Husband by the Hour (Silhouette Special Edition, #1099)
  • Fallen Angel
  • Green Calder Grass (Calder Saga #6)
  • Whitehorse
  • Man of Ice
aka
Jill March
J.D. Robb
Sarah Hardesty

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. She was the youngest of five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline. During her...more
More about Nora Roberts...

“I learned you must always accept love when it’s offered, always give it when it’s needed. There might not be a second chance. And I know, too, that until your heart’s been broken, you never know the full beauty of love.” 1 likes
“proud” 0 likes