Start by marking “Crockery Cookery” as Want to Read:
Crockery Cookery

Crockery Cookery

3.62  ·  Rating Details  ·  61 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
A New York Times bestseller, this cookbook established Mable Hoffman as a premier cooking enthusiast--well-deserved praise for one who has spent decades extolling the benefits of slow cooking. Her easy and affordable recipes for appetizers, soups, and main dishes are designed to bring out that "simmered-in" flavor that only slow cooking can provide. In addition to the new ...more
Published October 1st 1997 by Bantam (first published 1975)

To ask other readers questions about Crockery Cookery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crockery Cookery

Donna Davis
I got this when I was married in 1979. I had no idea how to cook anything besides toast and boiled eggs, and there were no microwave ovens or good frozen meals yet. I was a student still, and way too broke to eat restaurant food all the time. I didn't have a car to drive through anywhere. And my betrothed didn't know how to cook either.

I was in a state of food emergency.

This nifty little volume has stood me in good stead. I have received, and broken, at least half a dozen crock pots since then,
Kai Palchikoff
Nov 16, 2014 Kai Palchikoff added it
Shelves: cooking
Crockery
Katie
Aug 09, 2012 Katie rated it liked it
I stole this book from my Mom sometime I the last few years and have made a few recipes with it. I would give the book four stars but since it's really old, the style of cooking is sort of outdated for the way I cook. The split pea soup is definitely 5 star though!
Ruhegeist
Dec 20, 2014 Ruhegeist rated it really liked it
Shelves: how-to, cooking-diet
Simple classic and tasty. So far all the recipes I've made have turned out very good.
Lizabeth
May 08, 2008 Lizabeth rated it it was amazing
We have been eating several meals over and over out of this book! Wonderful recipes and they don't taste like mush like some crockpot cookbooks. VERY budget-friendly. We're very happy with it! No strange ingredients, just basic, good food.
Helen
Jan 16, 2014 Helen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The tips and techniques introducing the chapters are interesting and helpful, but I think I need a book aimed specifically at my smaller cooker and vegetarian recipes.
Seph Harrison
May 19, 2012 Seph Harrison rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books, reference
My go to cookbook. Sure the recipes are often rather basic, but they're a great starting point for your own creativity, just what your main cookbook should be.
Nancy
Jul 12, 2011 Nancy rated it liked it
Shelves: food, reference, cookbooks
A good source for pot roast and beef stew recipes, though I don't use my crock pot much these days now that I'm retired.
Jessica
Nov 19, 2008 Jessica rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Probably would have rated it higher, but I rarely use my crockpot.
Stephen
Oct 31, 2011 Stephen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbook
carniverous
Carmen Andersson
Carmen Andersson rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2016
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2016
Brainy Boro
Brainy Boro rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2016
Lara
Lara marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2016
Tara Clinkscale
Tara Clinkscale rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2016
Tanner Mooney
Tanner Mooney rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2016
Olga
Olga added it
Jan 22, 2016
Florence
Florence marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Robert
Robert marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2016
Jules Wolfers
Jules Wolfers rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2016
Hilary Braley
Hilary Braley marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2015
A
A marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2015
Diane Ewing
Diane Ewing rated it it was amazing
Oct 31, 2015
Rasukuttima
Rasukuttima marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2015