Start by marking “The End of the Rainbow (Hudson, #4)” as Want to Read:
The End of the Rainbow (Hudson, #4)

The End of the Rainbow (Hudson #4)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  2,542 ratings  ·  44 reviews

WAS THE HUDSON FAMILY DESTINED TO LIVE IN THE SHADOWS OF THE PAST? OR WOULD LUCK SHINE ON THE NEWEST GENERATION? THE ANSWER LIES AT...

THE END OF THE RAINBOW

Rain's precious daughter, Summer, is about to turn sixteen. Her future lies wide open before her and she carries her mother's wise advice close to her heart: life is hardship, but above all, life is hope. Like all g

Published April 19th 2001 by Pocket Books (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The End of the Rainbow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The End of the Rainbow

Kate
I read this toward the end of my V.C. Andrews phase... it may have been the last one I read of hers. They just all started to sound the same, so that I couldn't even keep the different series apart.
April Boulware
who the hell is gonna have sex while being held hostage and poisoned....just doesn't make sense
Delicious Strawberry
This is one of the worst sequels that Neiderman has ever written. Instead of focusing on family secrets and twists or even the heroine herself, this book actually centered on Harvey, Summer's best friend and later boyfriend. No time is spent exploring past events or the repercussions of said past events (unlike Seeds of Yesterday, Gates of Paradise, or Midnight Whispers, which concentrated a lot on how the secrets of the past affected the heroines of these books) Harvey goes looking for his dad,...more
Leigh
This book is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read.

At no point, in this rambling, incoherent excuse for a novel was there even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone who read this is now dumber for having done so.

I award this book no stars, and may God have mercy on VC Andrews' family's souls.

(With apologies to Principal Max Anderson.)
Donna
The best series from this author in a long time. I really enjoyed this series...this last book, I just had to finish it and stayed up way past bedtime to finish it. Overall the best series since flowers in the attic. There are a few series that I haven't read yet by this author but this has been the best for a long time.
Jaime
V.C. Andrew books has always been one of my little guilty pleasures!
Stephanie
"The End of the Rainbow" was a happy conclusion to the Hudson series. After reading through all the trials that Rain is put through during the previous novels it is comforting to read this companion guide and find out that Rain's life has been good. On it's own this novel was very pleasant and unlike most V.C. Andrews novels, ends perfectly. If you do not want to read the Hudson series I still suggest this as a novel which is a quick and easy read that may cause you to want to look further into...more
Kim Smiley
Rissy
Liz
The back of the book was really misleading...and I kept waiting for Rain to croak and die because thats what happens in a lot of Andrews' novels, but nope. Rain doesnt die. Instead of being about the Hudson family secrets, the book just focused on Harleys family secrets...and it was just plain weird. I didnt mind reading about Harleys family, but the back of the book could have atleast indicated it was about the Victor family instead. I wouldnt even really call this series the HUDSON series...it...more
Camille Mccarthy
A lot better than the other not-really-VC Andrews book I read. This one seemed to take a lot of the elements from "My Sweet Audrina" and watered them down a little and then re-ordered the pieces. It was definitely not literature and VC Andrews is a much better writer than the fake VC Andrews, but it was entertaining and moved along quite swiftly so it's not terrible.
Anne Marie
This was a good book to end the Hudson series. This book was written in the eyes of Summer, Rain's daughter. She just turned sixteen and we soon catch up to what has been going on with the family. New adventures begin with Summer going to a music camp, and her life long relationship with Harley, the son of Glenda and her Uncle Roy.
Jodie Angeline Lee
A great ending to a great series.
Roo
I purchased this book years ago while I was in a VC Andrews phase, but I never read it. Last weekend, I finished reading a different (non-VC Andrews) book, and didn't have a chance to go to the library. Since I feel I must always be reading something, I found this book and figured it would have to do. I feel that VC Andrews books are predictable, and most have the same "formula". The End of the Rainbow was no different. But, it was entertaining enough to fulfill my need to read.
Angel **Book Junkie**
This is my least favorite of the story.. I would have rather read Grandma Hudson's story sort of like the last book in the Flowers in the Attic series. I know there is Megan's story but I am not sure that I can even bring myself to read that one in this series. I thought that this book was really crazy and seemed to play off so many ideas and left a whole lot short... Please if you are going to publish a V.C. Andrews story please publish it as her books were truly meant to be.
Malek Sebrii
This book was the first real novel I read in a really long time. I enjoyed reading it. It was okay.It was not very well written but the plot overall was not bad. *SPOILERS* I hated the fact that some of the events were so randomly planted along the way, like the rape at summer camp event, or the first time they slept together ,it was so poorly related to the plot and quiete irrelevant to the storyline. Compared to other books I've read it could be classified as one of the worst
Ange Hawkins
This series was the beginning of a downhill slide of losing the essence of Virginia & her style
Aneela
To me, the one word that describes this book is "Childish." The narrative sounded like an immature 12 year old talking about wild experiences. The plot was not very enthralling, and I felt like two "children" were out on an adventure. I have not read the previous books of the series, so I'm not going to judge Andrews as a bad writer yet. But this book certainly repels me from picking any other book of hers.
Laurie O'
There is not enough stars to rate this series.. very very good..
4th book of the series and it was wonderful. So wonderful I couldn't put the book down and have been staying up till wee hours of morning. Hmm maybe now that I've finished the 4 book series, I can finally get some sleep. ha ha ha - Good reading!!!!
Antonette
I really liked Virginia Andrews books when I was a teenager but now I am kind of done with them. They all seem to embrace the same tragedies and there is no place for happiness in her books. This was the last book in the Hudson series and probably the last Virginia Andrews book I will read, at least for a while...
Cheryl Pierce
I'm not sure how this book fits into the Hudson series as there is little to connect it to the previous books other than character names. I thought the issues for family secrets, the lies, the deceit and turbulence of the past were going to be resolved but this book answered none of those things.
Kathryn
Easily the worst book in the Hudson series, the narrative switches to Rain's now teenage daughter Summer who runs away from home after being date raped. Serious issues, such as rape and abduction are treated as fodder for shock value rather than an attempt to tell a meaningful story.
Dawn
Jan 04, 2009 Dawn rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys V. C. Andrews books.
Recommended to Dawn by: I have read all the books by V. C. Andrews.
This was the last book in the Hudson series. I enjoyed this series of books. It was one of the better series put out in V. C. Andrews name in recent years. Like my feelings of loyalty to still read Danielle Steel, I seem to have the same feelings towards V. C. Andrews books.
Debs
Just love VC Andrews' writing. There is so much depth to the characterisation and scenery, wonderful story telling .. and every moment is not wasted. Was expecting the final in the collection to be about Rain but continuing through the children was inspired.. loved every page.
This was the last book in the Hudson family series by V.C Andrews and it was not a great one. The storyline was quite unbelievable and not at all realistic; the one thing that I liked about this one were the characters, other than that, hence the reason for the 3-star rating
Robin
Very good series. Rain went through very trying times as a child most of her life was hidden from everyone including herself. She reclaims her identity and becomes a fascinating adult. I enjoyed every minute of this series i couldn't put it down.
Tina86
It was an okay read but not great. At times it was strange and i'm glad it's the last novel in the Rain series.

Overall i don't think the Rain series was fantastic but nevertheless I'm glad i gave it a go. :)
Abi
this the first novel i've read. it think i read this when i was a second year high school for a book report in my english subject. i dont know where it is now.

i hope to find it and read it again.
Carrie
Not one of the best V.C. Andrews book. The first book in this series was wonderful, but by the time I reached this one, I was just glad to see this series end.
Gaildenice
The Hudson family story continues, they endure even more, mysterious, yet thrilling episodes in their lives.
  • Wait Until Dark
  • Day of Reckoning:  The Stereoscope (Blackstone Chronicles, #5)
  • One Evil Summer (Fear Street, #25)
  • Echoes in the Mist
  • De ontsnapping
  • Carolina Mist
  • Teacher's Pet (Point Horror, #10)
  • Thailand
  • Book of Names (Diadem, Worlds of Magic, #1)
  • Every Part of You: Takes Me (Every Part of You, #5)
  • Meisje met negen pruiken
  • Resurrecting Ravana (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #13)
  • Never Too Late
  • Little Women (Great Illustrated Classics)
  • Every Girl's Guide to Heartache
  • Journey
Books published under the following names - Virginia Andrews, V. Andrews, Virginia C. Andrews & V.C. Endrius. Books since her death ghost written by Andrew Neiderman, but still attributed to the V.C. Andrews name

Virginia Cleo Andrews (born Cleo Virginia Andrews) was born June 6, 1923 in Portsmouth, Virginia. The youngest child and the only daughter of William Henry Andrews, a career navy man w...more
More about V.C. Andrews...
Flowers in the Attic (Dollanganger, #1) Petals on the Wind (Dollanganger, #2) If There Be Thorns (Dollanganger, #3) Seeds of Yesterday (Dollanganger, #4) Garden of Shadows (Dollanganger, #5)