Start by marking “This Year's Christmas Present ” as Want to Read:
This Year's Christmas Present

This Year's Christmas Present

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  128 ratings  ·  11 reviews

Includes stories "Fever" by Sandra Hill, "Man With a Golden Bow" by Nina Bangs, and "Santa Reads Romance" by Dara Joy.

Mass Market Paperback, 294 pages
Published September 30th 2008 by Love Spell

To ask other readers questions about This Year's Christmas Present, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This Year's Christmas Present

A Wallflower Christmas by Lisa KleypasChristmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa KleypasA Virgin River Christmas by Robyn CarrBy Proxy by Katy RegnerySimply Irresistible by Jill Shalvis
Best Seasonal Romance {Christmas, Winter}
165th out of 644 books — 763 voters
Unwrapping Love by Grace RavelTen Christmas Brides by Ruth CardelloSaving Christmas by Rebekah R. GaniereMistletoe and Mochas by Patricia D. EddyA Case for Calamity by Mackenzie Crowne
Great Holiday Romance Reads
138th out of 245 books — 587 voters

More lists with this book...

Anne
3 very mediocre stories that were actually published over 10 years ago, NOT in 2008. Definitely not worth the time spent reading it.
Britta
May 13, 2009 Britta rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Erin
Shelves: 2009, fiction, romance
I think I would have given this book 4 1/2 stars (if it were possible) except for the fact that one (of the three) stories was a reprint that I'd already read in a different book that another Sandra Hill short romance story had appeared in (the book was called Here Comes Santa Claus ... I think).

The other two short stories were fantastic though. Heart felt with the right touch of sexuality. I would recommend this book as a library find but not a purchase.
Andrea O'Brien
“The Man with the Golden Bow” by Nina Bangs
I like this story. It made me smile from start to finish.
The plot is simple but sweet. It was a lot of fun as Sloan, a dreamer and an extravert, does zany things to fulfill his clients’ wishes as Jenny, a detail oriented introvert, watches, disapproves and eventually takes part. Sloane’s ultimate goal, of course, being to get Jenny to loosen up and enjoy life again without an agenda. The way he goes about it through his wish fulfilment business is a lot
Jessi
Three stories that are okay but not in the realm of my favorites.
Sandra Hill's "Fever" has an urban, greedy man who inherited a hotel falling in love with a simple country girl and her family. Lots of references to country songs.
"Man with a Golden Bow" by Nina Bangs has Jenny Saunders ready to have sex and needs a man to do the job. Her childhood friend, now an internet Santa, seems like the perfect man for the job. But maybe he wants a little more than just a fling...
"Santa reads Romance" by Da
Janet
Jan 04, 2013 Janet added it
Shelves: 2013
After thinking about rating this book I just couldn't decide as it is an Anthology and all three stories weren't on the same level for me. My thoughts was that the first story,"Fever", by Sandra Hill was by the far the weakest. I would rate it 3-. "The Man with the Golden Bow" by Nina Bangs was better and felt more like a 3+. And lastly was "Santa Reads Romance" by Dara Joy which for me was definitely the best. I would give it a 4 and felt if it had been a longer romance so she had a chance to d ...more
Goge (BARRONS) le Moning Maniac,
I'm intrigued! I LOVEEEEEEEEEEE Sandra Hill and Nina Bangs!!! A LOT!!! They are amazing fantastical writers! Dara Joy is a hit or miss for me but so far I love her "REJAR!!!!!!!!" book most (KYAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH then her "Mine to Take" (very nice, very good, loved<3). So I'm anticipating this read;)
Dawn ♥ romance
The authors do not shine in these short stories. Sandra Hill's humor works better when mixed with equal amount of reality. Nina Bangs read like a l-o-n-g story of foreplay. Dara Joy's caught in a snowstorm plot was best of the bunch.
Stacie
Jan 07, 2009 Stacie added it
This was a very quick read. The stories are short and the characters "fall" too easily. However, that is the nature of these short stories. The authors are Nina Bangs, Dara Joy, and Sandra Hill.
Marina
Sandra Hill's "Fever" short story set in Memphis sounded like it was part of a series. Is there a story/book about Michael Arnett and Spencer Modine? It was a fun read as usual.
Susan
NB-not bad, too much inner dialogue but m/l & his job cool; DJ-pretty bad; SH-didn't like premise, didn't read
Pam
Three short stories with a Christmas theme. Romance novelettes. Quick reads.
Sara Cerda
Sara Cerda marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Yvonne Daniels
Yvonne Daniels marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
BlackRoze Tamibates
BlackRoze Tamibates marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2015
Noalaf
Noalaf marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Irene Mocny-faulk
Irene Mocny-faulk marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Deborah
Deborah marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
Linda Poorman
Linda Poorman marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Tammie Burnette
Tammie Burnette marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
kitty_ranma
kitty_ranma marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Sascha Smith
Sascha Smith marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
  • Twas the Night
  • Lovescape (A Dance on the Edge + Toss the Bouquet + Heart Craving + My One)
  • The Night Before Christmas
  • Santa, Honey (includes: Richmond Rogues, #4.5)
  • Men at Work
  • Holiday with a Vampire II
Talk about misspent youth. What did I do during those lazy summer days of childhood when I could’ve been honing my writing skills? Nothing. Okay, so I spent a lot of time dreaming I was a cowgirl with a trusty black stallion. Oh, and I read every Walter Farley horse novel. I was an only child so I relied on my imagination to supply the excitement in my life.

By high school, I’d decided to trade in
More about Nina Bangs...
Eternal Pleasure (Gods of the Night, #1) Master of Ecstasy (Mackenzie Vampires, #1) Wicked Nights (Castle of Dark Dreams, #1) Night Bites (Mackenzie Vampires, #2) Eternal Craving (Gods of the Night, #2)