Start by marking “This Year's Christmas Present ” as Want to Read:
This Year's Christmas Present

This Year's Christmas Present

Includes stories Fever by Sandra Hill, Man With a Golden Bow by Nina Bangs, and Santa Reads Romance by Dara Joy.
Published October 1st 2008 by Love Spell (first published September 30th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about This Year's Christmas Present, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This Year's Christmas Present

A Wallflower Christmas by Lisa KleypasChristmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa KleypasA Virgin River Christmas by Robyn CarrSimply Irresistible by Jill ShalvisBy Proxy by Katy Regnery
Best Seasonal Romance {Christmas, Winter}
182nd out of 743 books — 884 voters
Unwrapping Love by Grace RavelTen Christmas Brides by Ruth CardelloSaving Christmas by Rebekah R. GaniereMistletoe and Mochas by Patricia D. EddyA Case for Calamity by Mackenzie Crowne
Great Holiday Romance Reads
115th out of 303 books — 640 voters

More lists with this book...

Anne
Dec 25, 2008 Anne rated it it was ok
3 very mediocre stories that were actually published over 10 years ago, NOT in 2008. Definitely not worth the time spent reading it.
Britta
May 13, 2009 Britta rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Erin
Shelves: romance, fiction, 2009
I think I would have given this book 4 1/2 stars (if it were possible) except for the fact that one (of the three) stories was a reprint that I'd already read in a different book that another Sandra Hill short romance story had appeared in (the book was called Here Comes Santa Claus ... I think).

The other two short stories were fantastic though. Heart felt with the right touch of sexuality. I would recommend this book as a library find but not a purchase.
Andrea O'Brien
Aug 09, 2014 Andrea O'Brien rated it liked it
“The Man with the Golden Bow” by Nina Bangs
I like this story. It made me smile from start to finish.
The plot is simple but sweet. It was a lot of fun as Sloan, a dreamer and an extravert, does zany things to fulfill his clients’ wishes as Jenny, a detail oriented introvert, watches, disapproves and eventually takes part. Sloane’s ultimate goal, of course, being to get Jenny to loosen up and enjoy life again without an agenda. The way he goes about it through his wish fulfilment business is a lot
Jessi
Three stories that are okay but not in the realm of my favorites.
Sandra Hill's "Fever" has an urban, greedy man who inherited a hotel falling in love with a simple country girl and her family. Lots of references to country songs.
"Man with a Golden Bow" by Nina Bangs has Jenny Saunders ready to have sex and needs a man to do the job. Her childhood friend, now an internet Santa, seems like the perfect man for the job. But maybe he wants a little more than just a fling...
"Santa reads Romance" by Da
Janet
Jan 04, 2013 Janet added it
Shelves: 2013
After thinking about rating this book I just couldn't decide as it is an Anthology and all three stories weren't on the same level for me. My thoughts was that the first story,"Fever", by Sandra Hill was by the far the weakest. I would rate it 3-. "The Man with the Golden Bow" by Nina Bangs was better and felt more like a 3+. And lastly was "Santa Reads Romance" by Dara Joy which for me was definitely the best. I would give it a 4 and felt if it had been a longer romance so she had a chance to d ...more
Goge (BARRONS) le Moning Maniac,
I'm intrigued! I LOVEEEEEEEEEEE Sandra Hill and Nina Bangs!!! A LOT!!! They are amazing fantastical writers! Dara Joy is a hit or miss for me but so far I love her "REJAR!!!!!!!!" book most (KYAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH then her "Mine to Take" (very nice, very good, loved<3). So I'm anticipating this read;)
Dawn ♥ romance
Oct 10, 2011 Dawn ♥ romance rated it liked it
Shelves: humor, christmas
The authors do not shine in these short stories. Sandra Hill's humor works better when mixed with equal amount of reality. Nina Bangs read like a l-o-n-g story of foreplay. Dara Joy's caught in a snowstorm plot was best of the bunch.
Stacie
Jan 07, 2009 Stacie added it
This was a very quick read. The stories are short and the characters "fall" too easily. However, that is the nature of these short stories. The authors are Nina Bangs, Dara Joy, and Sandra Hill.
Marina
Jan 29, 2011 Marina rated it really liked it
Sandra Hill's "Fever" short story set in Memphis sounded like it was part of a series. Is there a story/book about Michael Arnett and Spencer Modine? It was a fun read as usual.
Susan
Mar 18, 2012 Susan rated it it was ok
NB-not bad, too much inner dialogue but m/l & his job cool; DJ-pretty bad; SH-didn't like premise, didn't read
Pam
Feb 16, 2015 Pam rated it liked it
Shelves: romances
Three short stories with a Christmas theme. Romance novelettes. Quick reads.
KATI
KATI rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2016
Lacedee2007
Lacedee2007 marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
Mirishikiari Shou
Mirishikiari Shou marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2016
Michell Brabazon
Michell Brabazon marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2016
Meg
Meg rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2016
Lynsi
Lynsi marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Deborah Gillespie
Deborah Gillespie marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Danielle C. Carter
Danielle C. Carter rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2016
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2016
Maxine
Maxine marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2016
Beth Dickerson
Beth Dickerson marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Natasha
Natasha marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Marie Cairns
Marie Cairns rated it did not like it
Jun 02, 2016
Jacquie C M
Jacquie C M marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Leanne
Leanne marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Denise Nelson
Denise Nelson rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2016
Cathy
Cathy marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2016
Janice Bolick
Janice Bolick marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Evy Suarez
Evy Suarez marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2016
  • Blue Christmas
  • The Night Before Christmas
  • Lovescape
  • A Very Merry Christmas
  • Santa, Honey (includes: Richmond Rogues, #4.5)
  • Holiday with a Vampire II
  • Men at Work
Talk about misspent youth. What did I do during those lazy summer days of childhood when I could’ve been honing my writing skills? Nothing. Okay, so I spent a lot of time dreaming I was a cowgirl with a trusty black stallion. Oh, and I read every Walter Farley horse novel. I was an only child so I relied on my imagination to supply the excitement in my life.

By high school, I’d decided to trade in
More about Nina Bangs...