Start by marking “Evil in Carnations (A Flower Shop Mystery, #8)” as Want to Read:
Evil in Carnations (A Flower Shop Mystery, #8)

Evil in Carnations (A Flower Shop Mystery #8)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  1,131 ratings  ·  52 reviews
The dating scene can be a killer...

Published February 3rd 2009 by NAL (first published January 3rd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Evil in Carnations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Evil in Carnations

The League for the Suppression of Celery by Wendy RussThis Fine Life by Eva Marie EversonBlood, She Read by Sara HubbardThe Boy Who Kissed The Sky by David      HaynesThe Library of Unrequited Love by Sophie Divry
quirky
23rd out of 34 books — 10 voters
Elly in Bloom by Colleen OakesForget Me Knot by Sue MargolisThe Language of Flowers by Vanessa DiffenbaughBed of Roses by Nora RobertsThe Ladybug Jinx by Tonya Kappes
Fictional Florists
22nd out of 40 books — 6 voters

More lists with this book...

The 8th Book in the Flower Shop Mystery series and another fun read. IN this one Abby's roommate and best friend Nikki breaks up with her boyfriend so Abby convinces her to go Speed Dating. Nikki meets a man there who she likes and goes out on a date with him - and hours later he is found dead. Abby once again has to go sleuthing to prove the innocence of someone she loves.

I found this book just a little less enjoyable than the other books. It felt like almost everyone in Abby's life was complai
Loraine
SUMMARY: The dating scene can be a killer...

Determined to help her roommate Nikki out of her singles slump, Abby Knight encourages her to give speed dating a try. Of course, Nikki wants the guy at the very bottom of Abby?s list, Jonas Treat?a.k.a. ?Treat the Cheat??and figures just one date with him couldn?t hurt. But then Jonas is found dead?and evidence points to Nikki as his killer.

To clear Nikki?s name, Abby enlists the help of her hunky ex-Army Ranger boyfriend, Marco. But Marco?s rambuncti
Shonda
Abby Knight is back for the eighth book of the series. Abby and Marco are trying to mend their relationship and decide to sneak to Key West for a weekend getaway. Abby empathizes with Nikki, her roommate, because her boyfriend just ended their relationship. To help heal Nikki’s broken heart, Abby decides to attend a speed dating event with Nikki. Much to Abby’s chagrin, Nikki chooses the one guy that Abby did not like. Breaking the “no contact” rule, Nikki exchanges phone numbers with Jonas Trea ...more
Min
Of all of the Flower Shop Mystery books, this is my least favourite thus far (although I still enjoyed it).

Abby's roommate (and longtime friend), Nikki meets Jonas Treat at a speed dating event. Although Abby has a steady boyfriend, she tags along to keep Nikki company and server as an advisor. Although Abby is turned off by Jonas and tries to stear Nikki away from him, Nikki is immediately smitten. Despite the rules, Nikki exchanges contact information with Jonas, and they arrange a date soon a
Nanakin
I don't have much time to read for fun, but I've read all the books in this series. I enjoy them because I like characters whose company I enjoy, I like humor along with the mystery to solve, and I can read them quickly. I also enjoy a romantic sub-plot, and these have the right amount of that without giving "too much information." In EIC, I understand why Abby did what she did (getting Nikki involved in the speed-dating), but her good intentions don't mean much when things go really badly. I pe ...more
Lyn
This is the first I've read by this author; I like her using a florist as her heroine. Not bad, not bad at all.
Susie
I am now caught up with the Flower Shop Mysteries. They are such fun and a great escape from stressors.
Diane
Cllins is getting more interesting with her latest books. Fun read!
Corky
Enjoyed the story and would read more by this author.
Drebbles
Florist Abby Knight is delighted that her romance with hunky Private Investigator Marco Salvare is back on track. Her roommate Nikki Hiduke is less thrilled as she just broke up with her boyfriend. To cheer Nikki up, Abby convinces her to go to a speed dating event. Abby thinks she's found the perfect date for Nikki, but to her dismay Nikki is attracted to Jonas Treat, better known as "Treat the Cheat". When Jonas is found murdered shortly after their date, Nikki is the number one suspect. Abby ...more
Mary Kennedy
EVIL IN CARNATIONS, the eighth release in the Kate Collins Flower Shop Mysteries, is packed with the colorful characters and witty dialogue that we have come to expect from this gifted author. Ms. Collin’s books have made the Barnes & Noble mass market mystery bestsellers lists, the Independent Booksellers lists, and are available in large print editions in the U.S. and the UK.

Her devoted fans will consider EVIL IN CARNATIONS an auto-buy, and new readers will be delighted to discover the la
Bee N.
I haven't read the whole series, I will, but this is my favorite so far. Abby and Marco are the reason I keep reading and I liked that the author took them to another level. They were more affectionate in this novel and I think it's because Marco has learned to be more appreciative. Yay for them uncovering the dangerous situation together. Even though Marco was still sweetly protective of Abby, for once she's the one who came to his rescue. I also loved there was more sass/wittiness i.e. Jillian ...more
Fmorlan
Abby Knight is back and needed for investigating for her friend Nikki. Nikki is a suspect in a murder. But other events are also causing havocfor Abby - Lottie sick, Jillian helping and Marco's sister pushing for marriage. Abby concentrates on the murder as she doesnt want Nikki to go to jail. While investigating she ends up in a jewelry store and bridal shop giving her family ideas. There are some odd characters in this book but very enjoyable.
Dharia Scarab

4 sta
Nikki
Another great novel in this series, definitely will be reading more especially how it ended...love me some Abby and Marco!
Celia
not for me. she's just a nosy busy body who thinks she's helpful and just makes everyone mad.
Luffy Monkey D.
Another faithful entry to the Hall of Shame. This series is racking up one point ratings before you could say disappointment. The biggest con against this book is that there's nothing to discuss after reading it. There can be no room for analysis because not one thing is up for debate in this cookie cutter story - I don't obviously mean this in a good way. The new participants in this sordid tale didn't get any depth ascribed to them and the recurrent ones barely get a mention. This may be a go ...more
Terri
I find this cozy series very entertaining. Abby, the heroine of the story, is engaging and independent. Her hunky boyfriend is clever and has developed through the series into a partner worth having. The secondary characters are equally as well written, from her annoying cousin Jillian to her "mad" mother to her employees Grace and Lottie to roommate Nikki who in this story is accused of murder. I think the books are better as they progress and I can't wait to read the next one.
Linda
I love this Flower Shop Mystery series! In this one Flower Shop owner Abby decides to help her depressed roommate find a new guy by going to a speed dating event. When the guy that Nikki goes out with ends up dead, the police decide that there's enough evidence to hold Nikki as the murderer! Abby with her hunk boyfriend Marco go into overdrive to find the killer and free Nikki.

This series is well written, fun to read, and a good read for a lazy afternoon.
❂ Jennifer (reviews on BookLikes)
At the beginning of this book I was losing a bit of patience, thinking I'd guessed whodunnit right off the bat, but the story was a good one and it was nice to see the protagonists relationship going smoothly with no manufactured bumps in the road. I was very pleasantly surprised to find that I was wrong at the end of the book too. This series continues to improve.
Lori
By far the best in the series so far. Loved all the characters that surround Abby. The story moved along quick enough. Only suggestion maybe more of Jonas so we could of disliked him more. Great series though for the Cozy lover.
Wendy
This was the first book in the series that I read and I really enjoyed it. It was an easy read with fun characters, a little romance, and a little mystery to unwind. I like to read this type of book after reading an 1800's classic or a book on history, which require me to be more engaged to get through it.
Sassychassy
Very cute installment in the flower shop mystery series. It was great to see Abby & Marco getting along so well and I loved the surprise dinner scene! This one wasn't quite as wacky as the others but still an entertaining read nonetheless. Will definitely be reading on through the end of the series!
Babs
Feb 06, 2015 Babs rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who likes mysteries
Book 8 was a cute ready and with some funny parts as well. Abby really gets herself into some mess along with her roommate who is accused of murdering a man she meet at the speed dating seminar. Not to mention the web she has made with Marco's sister. There is no telling what book 9 will bring.
Anne
I wished that I had realized this was book 8 in the Flower Shop Series. Fortunately for me I didn't really need to have read the others since she puts a lot of background into this one. I enjoyed this quick read very much and will read the rest of the series.
Janice
I was disappointed in the level of "romance" in this book - it really didn't add to the story in my opinion. I had really enjoyed the series up until this book. I don't know if I'll read the new book due to come out in February 2010.
Katie
Feb 20, 2011 Katie rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
3.5 I enjoyed this one. It has been a while since I read this series so I didn't quite remember the Marco/Abby plot. The best part of this novel was that I hadn't successfully guessed the murderer by the end! A good cozy mystery.
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
Now this book surprised me. The mystery was solid and the dialog firm but it felt predictable...yet, the killer surprised me. The ending was cute but was predictable. I'm curious where this next book will go. Kate Collins is a fine Author.
Linda
Another enjoyable, cozy mystery. It's impressive that Kate Collins comes up with new and interesting episodes and characters with each installment in this series of many books. They are fun, light reads...I really like them.
  • Extracurricular Activities (A Murder 101 Mystery #2)
  • Trouble in Bloom (Nina Quinn, #4)
  • Last Writes (Forensic Handwriting Mystery, #4)
  • The Diva Cooks a Goose (A Domestic Diva Mystery,  #4)
  • Deadly Advice (Advice Column Mystery, #1)
  • Bride and Doom (Carnegie Kincaid, #6)
  • Casket Case (A Callie Parrish Mystery #3)
  • If Books Could Kill (Bibliophile Mystery, #2)
  • The Ghost and the Femme Fatale (Haunted Bookshop Mystery, #4)
  • Tumbling Blocks (Benni Harper, #13)
  • French Pressed (Coffeehouse Mystery, #6)
  • Pretty in Ink (Tattoo Shop Mystery, #2)
  • Never Say Sty (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery #7)
  • The Flaming Luau of Death (Madeline Bean, #7)
  • Red Delicious Death (Orchard, #3)
Indiana native and former teacher Kate Collins is the author of the national best-selling Flower Shop Mysteries, featuring feisty florist Abby Knight and the zany crew at Bloomers. Her books have made the New York Times Best-seller's list, Barnes & Noble mass bestsellers lists, the Independent Booksellers lists, and are available in large print editions in the U.S. and the UK.

Kate's historica
More about Kate Collins...

A Flower Shop Mystery (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Mum's the Word (A Flower Shop Mystery, #1)
  • Slay It with Flowers (A Flower Shop Mystery, #2)
  • Dearly Depotted (A Flower Shop Mystery, #3)
  • Snipped in the Bud (A Flower Shop Mystery, #4)
  • Acts of Violets (A Flower Shop Mystery, #5)
  • A Rose from the Dead (A Flower Shop Mysteries, #6)
  • Shoots to Kill (A Flower Shop Mystery, #7)
  • Sleeping With Anemone (A Flower Shop Mystery, #9)
  • Dirty Rotten Tendrils (A Flower Shop Mystery, #10)
  • Night of the Living Dandelion (A Flower Shop Mystery, #11)
Mum's the Word (A Flower Shop Mystery, #1) Slay It with Flowers (A Flower Shop Mystery, #2) Dearly Depotted (A Flower Shop Mystery, #3) Snipped in the Bud (A Flower Shop Mystery, #4) Acts of Violets (A Flower Shop Mystery, #5)