Start by marking “Natural Born Charmer (Chicago Stars, #7)” as Want to Read:
Natural Born Charmer (Chicago Stars, #7)

Natural Born Charmer (Chicago Stars #7)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  21,805 ratings  ·  1,055 reviews
Chicago Stars quarterback Dean Robillard is the luckiest man in the world. But life in the glory land has started to pale, and Dean has set off on the cross-country trip to figure out what's going wrong. When he hits a lonely stretch of Colorado highway, he spies something that will shake up his gilded life in ways he can't imagine. A young woman... dressed in a beaver sui ...more
Audio CD, Unabridged, 12 pages
Published February 6th 2007 by HarperAudio (first published September 25th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Natural Born Charmer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Natural Born Charmer

♥Sharon♥
Wow, what a ride that was. I started the Chicago Star’s Series just a little over a month ago and I LOVED every single one of them. But I do have a favorite. Dream a Little Dream, which is book #4, fills that spot.

I think what is so fantastic about this series is that with each story you get the expected and the unexpected. SEP always gives you dreamy and sexy leading men and strong and beautiful leading women. She surrounds them with creative side characters and the storyline is always somethi
It's just me Shelly B
"It wasn’t every day a guy saw a headless beaver marching down the side of a road, not even in Dean Robillard’s larger-than-life world. “Son of a…” Dean slammed on the brakes of his brand-new Aston Martin Vanquish and pulled over in front of her."

That's where Dean Robillard meets Blue Bailey. In a headless beaver costume walking down a deserted highway and his life was forever changed when he offered her a ride....for better or for worse he's still not quite sure.

You see Dean's a pretty boy, he'
Mo
I checked my kindle account to see when I first read this series. It was back in 2011. Devoured them at the time. It was probably prior to joining Goodreads so never did a review. I recently re-read the series. Well, I skipped Heaven, Texas - not sure why. But all the others have been solid 5 stars for me. I was a bit hesitant to re-read this one. I had originally five-starred it. But Dean appears in Match Me If You Can and I really wasn't a fan. He was a jock, wore diamond earrings, was cocky. ...more
Karla

5 Charming Stars! Wasn't so sure if I would like Dean...and I didn't...I LOVED HIM!!

A Gypsy Caravan...
 photo 52cc86b4-d71a-4bee-9117-df0fa5e2bb62_zpse48c821f.jpg

photo caravan_zps6bcef483.jpg

A Flashlight...
 photo Virtual_Flashlight_zps65246880.jpg

and Dean Robillard...SWOON!
 photo deanrobillard_zps51aea87b.jpg

Equals sexy good times...wow that was HOT!

I got more than I bargained for with this book, it was way more than just a contemporary romance. This book was about family, mending relationships, and building new ones. The witty banter had me snickering, especially the verbal smack-downs between Blue and Nita...hysterical.

Finally, however, Blue was be
Ummi
Could a book makes you deliriously happy? I mean, really. But then, this book did it for me. I grin like a fool after reading this book. I feel deliriously happy it was ridiculous. After all, it is just a book. Not just any book , though. It's the latest one from the Chicago Stars series. And I love every single second of it! I really do. It makes me sigh with longing to have what Blue and Dean have with each other. Pathetic, I know. But the book done that to me. Better than fairy tale.
Karen
5 STARS

Here we are at book 7 of the Chicago Stars and we’re still flying high! These books are just so good. They’re like sex on the beach or oodles of chocolate, or champagne and strawberries. I don’t care how many she writes… I’m sure I’ll read and love them all! But my reviews unfortunately are starting to sound like a broken record. So I’ll try to keep it short and sweet.

This one features the Stars’ latest Quarterback superstar, Dean Robillard, the NFL’s current golden boy. And honestly… a
Ingela
Written September 19, 2014

4.1 Stars - I love this authors style and characters - guaranteed easygoing, heartwarming cute and good outside-in.

Book #7

January 2014Nika (5 stars) told me Natural Born Charmer is the best one in this Chicago Stars series. We will see!!
April 2014Kathleen recommended it as well. She does always know what I would like to read.
September 2014 — I used my free coupon and downladed this 12 hours audiobook narrated by Anna Fields (..faultlessly).
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

There are already 92
Gabriella ♥ Liam Callahan's girl ♥
Beautiful and emotionally fantastic family read! This book will always be one of my favorites

I'M JUST SO HAPPY RITE NOW !!!YEAAAA ! A FIVE STAR ! LOL feels good :D

AHmazing continuation to this fabulous and fun series !!
LOVED the whole family to pieces ! especially Dean's parents (Jack & April )and good old Mrs.granier!!!
Anzu The Great Destroyer
I have to start with this: WTF??? Headless beaver? Seriously?? I was on the floor laughing because of this. I didn’t read the summary (as my bad–and-not-so-bad habit dictates) so the surprise was awesome! I knew I’d fall in love with this book, and I did. It was insanely good.

It’s been a while since I laughed so much from reading a book. My mum was giving me awkward faces because of the stupid grin I had. Sooooo many funny moments! If I’d have to pick my favorite quotes from this book I’d just c
Coffcat
I'll be honest. I didn't finish this book. I got about 3/4 of the way through and had to quit. I thought the story premise was terrific but the author seemed to suffer quite a bit from the "lets see how many crazy/quirky characters we can stuff in one book" syndrome. There were too many extreme characters, too many plot lines happening and the heroine was just plain odd. Not a normal person in the bunch. Reading it was like playing a game of what if. What if you took a famous football player, gi ...more
Lisa Kay
Tennessee Farm

(This is a review of the audiobook.) Man-oh-man! I love this book. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve read it. It is on my “re-read-for-comfort” shelf, which I desperately needed now. My life is currently too crazy to sit and read, so I popped in my ear buds and tried the audiobook this time, narrated by the wonderful Anna Fields.

I have heard nothing but great things about this reader, so I don’t know why I waited so long to listen to a story she narrates. If a character
Ian
The beaver marched right past, her big flat tail bouncing in the gravel, and her small, sharp nose stuck up in the air. Way up. The beaver looked highly pissed.

She was definitely a girl beaver because her beaver head was missing, revealing sweaty, dark hair pulled into a short, scraggly ponytail. He’d been praying for a little distraction from his own depressing company, so he threw open the door and stepped out onto the shoulder of the Colorado road.

From the very first page, Blue Bailey has bee
Nisha
Oct 05, 2011 Nisha rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who wants a good romantic comedy
My original review is waaay below, which was written after the first time I read this. But after my 2nd time, more than 2 years later, I think that it's the right time to write an updated review.

I must warn everyone that I am a die-hard Susan Elizabeth Phillips fan. But at the same time, I know how to be critical of her stories when I need to be (really, I have been...for a few of them). This book is sorta an extension of the Chicago stars series, but even Ms. Phillips says that she doesn't rea
Marisa
¡MARAVILLOSO! Un auténtico SEP… PERFECTO para completar la “Serie Chicago Stars”.
Una (o dos) historias de amor preciosas y muy tiernas… de esas que te hacen suspirar y te dejan con una sonrisa enorme en los labios. Todos los personajes son encantadores, tienen un rol bien definido y están perfectamente construidos. Me encantó la complicidad y la interacción entre ellos.

Leer esta serie me transportó, por completo, a un lugar maravilloso, del que me da mucha pena y nostalgia abandonar.
AMÉ toda
Char
This book isn't perfect, and some of SEP's plot devices are repeats from other books, but my love for it is pure and strong. Why? For me, it's all about the characters, both Blue and Dean, but also Riley, Dean's parents, and Nita. I tend to whip through SEP's fun, funny books and, in the end, feel warm, tingly, happy and thoroughly satisfied. Love it! This one is my fave to date. It resonated.
Tonya
“Life sure is easier when you're rich."
"And a natural born charmer. Don't forget that part."
"How could I?" she retorted. "It's the only thing we have in common.”

I actually had this at a 4 because I added it to GR after I'd already read it many times. But even though I haven't read it in a while I have to up this to a five since it's on my re-read list and is a good slump buster for me. I've read this book so many times. It just makes me laugh and makes me cry. It's even a little angsty. I just
valee
Im so sad right now. I cant believe this is the last book in the series. Why stop when something is still going on so well? I guess thats what makes this author such an amazing one, its important to know when to stop writing books in a same series. Still I would have read many, many more!

This installment was terrific. I never thought I would have loved it so much. I actually cried with this one,lol. Family is important for me, very much, so to see how Deans family got to know each other and forg
Hollie
Charming indeed

I have been on a Susan Elizabeth Phillips kick lately, and I enjoyed this one as much as some of the others. I love this ladies writing style. All of her characters feel genuine, realistic, and one of a kind. This story was not only sweet but funny. I fell in love with all of the characters. My only complaint is the price. I paid $7.99 which is a bit much to me, but Im still glad to have read this one and I can't recommend it enough.

Here are a couple quotes I really liked:

“Make-u
Pınar
3.5

Sanırsam kitaptan memnun olmayan bir ben varım :D Nedense aşkı hissedemedim. Normalde yan karakterleri ve 2. hikayeyi de severim ama bu sefer o da olmadı. Bu puanım da sadece diyaloglara ve zekice esprilerine. Bir de önceki kitapların güzelliğine :D Bitiş için iyi olmadı ama en azından çok kötü de değildi.
Jayme

It's certainly not average book. I felt a little bit like I was in comedy tv series reading this. There is a lot of laughter at this, ridiculous dialogue, funny situations and testing. So it was fun to read it. This is definitely what I like most in this part. Heroes are a good team together.

"Make-up? What happened? You look almost female."
"Thanks. You look almost straight."

Yeah something like that :D

But... I'm not really feeling... love in the air. It was a little bit crazy. In a both good and
Stephanie*
This was close to a five star read for me, until some drama that happened in the ending.
Shelly
I have loved Dean in every book he's been in, and his book is no exception! I knew it would take more than just good looks to snag the Bu, but SEP out-did herself with Blue! She's one of my favorite SEP heroines, along with Annabelle and Georgie. Dean and Blue are so mismatched, yet a perfect pair together, and they don't take each other's bs! These two are a complete joy to see together on the page, they just feed off one another and it's great dialogue, as usual from SEP.

Dean, of course is a d
Susana
An insanely amusing story about love and family..

Witty banter, two main characters with a LOT of emotional baggage and a second chance in life to get themselves a family...
First of all, this is much more than a romance. And that's what won me over...i admit, at the beginning i wasn't that impressed with Mr. Dean Robillard....
...
But Blue could definitely hold her own against him...and since he likes dogs...i decided to cut him some slack on account on some idiocy...

So basically, this is a story a
Nadia
Lovely read with a OTT ending. Not that I wasn't expecting it, but I feel like this one was just too much. Blue ended up looking like a fool, wronged in more ways that one, and all she got was a lame excuse she accepted without fuss, which was totally out of character. And Dean just managed to look like a douche.
So, not thrilled with the way the book ended, but loved everything else.
Natural Born Charmer is the final installment in Susan Elizabeth Phillips's Chicago Stars series. I am so, so sad to finally end this series but I LOVED this last book! There was so much hilarious banter between the two lead characters, I just couldn't get enough. I have enjoyed all the books in this series, although some more than others. But this last book Natural Born Charmer is definitely going on my favorites list!

The lead characters Dean Robillard and Blue Bailey are both proud individuals
HÜLYA
Ailenin bir çocuk için önemi..O kadar çeşitli duygular içinde okudum ki..
Sevdim kelimesi hafif kalır sanırım..
Keşke hem aşk, aile, çocuk temalarında bu kadar güzel kitapları daha çok okusam..
Kath
Wow. I loved Match Me If You Can, but this was even better. And you really should read Match Me If You Can before reading this installment. This is definetely a romantic comedy and I found myself laughing out loud at times.

Dean Robilard is introduced in Match Me and as a football star that ends up being a potential love interest and friend to Annabelle and he's absolutely adorable and there's more to him than meets the eye. Dean is traveling in Colorado and picks up a woman in a beaver suit who'
Michelle
What a great story to end the series and another one of my Favorite books. SEP comes up with the most unique stories and Natural Born Charmer is definitely one of them. You have everything from an artistic Heroine dressed as a Beaver who gets picked up by a charming football player in his fancy car, a famous Rock Star father, an ex-groupie and drug addict mother, a pudgy little half sister with a awesome singing voice and a grumpy old lady who owns the town...What more can I say? It all comes to ...more
Debbie
Phillips is known as a romance writer. This, while it does contain romance in pretty heavy proportions, goes beyond traditional romance. It's a very well-written novel about just what makes up a family. Football star Dean Robillard meets Blue when she's down on her luck, and they end up at his new farm where they are tossed in with Dean's estranged mother, his rock star father, his runaway half-sister, and an old woman who appears to hate the world but just wants to belong. I couldn't put it dow ...more
Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
Let me start by saying that the first third of the book is pure 5 star material. Then it fell through the four star range to a three star finish. We'll settle on four for the whole.

Blue Baily is a one of a kind heroine. She was supposed to be named Harmony, but it was a bad day in Africa or South America (I forget which). The headless beaver costume was absolutely one of the best beginnings to a romance novel I've ever read. LOL funny.
Favorite character? .... Why him? 4 101 Aug 05, 2013 10:58PM
  • True Love and Other Disasters (Chinooks Hockey Team #4)
  • Curveball (Richmond Rogues, #2)
  • Blue-Eyed Devil (Travises, #2)
  • Tall Tales and Wedding Veils (Playboys, #2)
  • Faking It (Dempseys #2)
  • A Lot Like Love (FBI/US Attorney, #2)
  • Fair Play (New York Blades, #2)
  • Slow Heat (Pacific Heat, #2)
  • Catch of the Day (Gideon's Cove, #1)
  • Line of Scrimmage
  • Perfect (Second Opportunities #2)
SUSAN ELIZABETH PHILLIPS

The Huffington Post says the books of Susan Elizabeth Phillips provide a “gateway drug to the whole [romance] genre,” which she assumes is a good thing. Bookpage magazine calls her “the crown jewel of romantic comedy writers,” which is definitely a good thing. Since she wrote her first novel on a typewriter in her kitchen, her books have been published in over 30 languages
More about Susan Elizabeth Phillips...

Chicago Stars (8 books)
  • It Had to Be You (Chicago Stars, #1)
  • Heaven, Texas (Chicago Stars, #2)
  • Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3)
  • Dream a Little Dream (Chicago Stars, #4)
  • This Heart of Mine (Chicago Stars, #5)
  • Match Me If You Can (Chicago Stars, #6)
  • Untitled (Chicago Stars, #8)
It Had to Be You (Chicago Stars, #1) Match Me If You Can (Chicago Stars, #6) Kiss an Angel Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3) Dream a Little Dream (Chicago Stars, #4)

“She thought it over, but couldn’t see any immediate loopholes other than the threat of her inner slut emerging, and she could darned well control that little bitch.” 75 likes
“So, Beav, tell me about yourself."
"I'm Blue."
"Sweetheart, if I had your dubious taste in men, I wouldn't be too happy, either."
"My name is Blue. Blue Bailey.”
56 likes