Start by marking “Natural Born Charmer (Chicago Stars, #7)” as Want to Read:
Natural Born Charmer (Chicago Stars, #7)

Natural Born Charmer (Chicago Stars #7)

4.14  ·  Rating Details  ·  24,347 Ratings  ·  1,183 Reviews
Chicago Stars quarterback Dean Robillard is the luckiest man in the world. But life in the glory land has started to pale, and Dean has set off on the cross-country trip to figure out what's going wrong. When he hits a lonely stretch of Colorado highway, he spies something that will shake up his gilded life in ways he can't imagine. A young woman... dressed in a beaver sui ...more
Audio CD, Unabridged, 12 pages
Published February 6th 2007 by HarperAudio (first published September 25th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Natural Born Charmer, please sign up.

Valquiria Yes. Every book by SEP can be read as a standalone, but characther of other books can make an apperance

♥Sharon♥
Jul 11, 2015 ♥Sharon♥ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, what a ride that was. I started the Chicago Star’s Series just a little over a month ago and I LOVED every single one of them. But I do have a favorite. Dream a Little Dream, which is book #4, fills that spot.

I think what is so fantastic about this series is that with each story you get the expected and the unexpected. SEP always gives you dreamy and sexy leading men and strong and beautiful leading women. She surrounds them with creative side characters and the storyline is always somethi
Mo
May 20, 2015 Mo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I checked my kindle account to see when I first read this series. It was back in 2011. Devoured them at the time. It was probably prior to joining Goodreads so never did a review. I recently re-read the series. Well, I skipped Heaven, Texas - not sure why. But all the others have been solid 5 stars for me. I was a bit hesitant to re-read this one. I had originally five-starred it. But Dean appears in Match Me If You Can and I really wasn't a fan. He was a jock, wore diamond earrings, was cocky. ...more
It's just me Shelly B
"It wasn’t every day a guy saw a headless beaver marching down the side of a road, not even in Dean Robillard’s larger-than-life world. “Son of a…” Dean slammed on the brakes of his brand-new Aston Martin Vanquish and pulled over in front of her."

That's where Dean Robillard meets Blue Bailey. In a headless beaver costume walking down a deserted highway and his life was forever changed when he offered her a ride....for better or for worse he's still not quite sure.

You see Dean's a pretty boy, he'
Christina ~ Brunette Reader
Feb 25, 2016 Christina ~ Brunette Reader rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Christina ~ Brunette Reader by: Ian

3,5 "Charm Me" Stars

Dean Robillard and Blue Bailey couldn't be more different, but destiny has devised a Colorado road and a beaver costume to have their path cross. NFL hunky golden boy meets quirky bohemian girl and from there on it's all a fun romantic romp taking them eastward to a Tennessee farm where a bit of family drama and a lot of sizzling chemistry will bring them together, while Dean's glamorous lifestyle and Blue's restlessness will try to keep them apart.

Engaging writing and spar
Karla

5 Charming Stars! Wasn't so sure if I would like Dean...and I didn't...I LOVED HIM!!

A Gypsy Caravan...
 photo 52cc86b4-d71a-4bee-9117-df0fa5e2bb62_zpse48c821f.jpg

photo caravan_zps6bcef483.jpg

A Flashlight...
 photo Virtual_Flashlight_zps65246880.jpg

and Dean Robillard...SWOON!
 photo deanrobillard_zps51aea87b.jpg

Equals sexy good times...wow that was HOT!

I got more than I bargained for with this book, it was way more than just a contemporary romance. This book was about family, mending relationships, and building new ones. The witty banter had me snickering, especially the verbal smack-downs between Blue and Nita...hysterical.

Finally, however, Blue was be
Karen
Apr 26, 2015 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
5 STARS

Here we are at book 7 of the Chicago Stars and we’re still flying high! These books are just so good. They’re like sex on the beach or oodles of chocolate, or champagne and strawberries. I don’t care how many she writes… I’m sure I’ll read and love them all! But my reviews unfortunately are starting to sound like a broken record. So I’ll try to keep it short and sweet.

This one features the Stars’ latest Quarterback superstar, Dean Robillard, the NFL’s current golden boy. And honestly… a
Milica's Bookshelf
Od jako zabavnog početka do srećnog kraja, nisam mogla da je ispustim iz ruku.
Obožavam ovaj serijal!
Ummi
Nov 25, 2007 Ummi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chicago-stars
Could a book makes you deliriously happy? I mean, really. But then, this book did it for me. I grin like a fool after reading this book. I feel deliriously happy it was ridiculous. After all, it is just a book. Not just any book , though. It's the latest one from the Chicago Stars series. And I love every single second of it! I really do. It makes me sigh with longing to have what Blue and Dean have with each other. Pathetic, I know. But the book done that to me. Better than fairy tale.
Ingela
Written September 19, 2014

4.1 Stars - I love this authors style and characters - guaranteed easygoing, heartwarming cute and good outside-in.

Book #7

January 2014Nika (5 stars) told me Natural Born Charmer is the best one in this Chicago Stars series. We will see!!
April 2014Kathleen recommended it as well. She does always know what I would like to read.
September 2014 — I used my free coupon and downladed this 12 hours audiobook narrated by Anna Fields (..faultlessly).
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

There are already 92
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness
Beautiful and emotionally fantastic family read! This book will always be one of my favorites

I'M JUST SO HAPPY RITE NOW !!!YEAAAA ! A FIVE STAR ! LOL feels good :D

AHmazing continuation to this fabulous and fun series !!
LOVED the whole family to pieces ! especially Dean's parents (Jack & April )and good old Mrs.granier!!!
Anzu The Great Destroyer
I have to start with this: WTF??? Headless beaver? Seriously?? I was on the floor laughing because of this. I didn’t read the summary (as my bad–and-not-so-bad habit dictates) so the surprise was awesome! I knew I’d fall in love with this book, and I did. It was insanely good.

It’s been a while since I laughed so much from reading a book. My mum was giving me awkward faces because of the stupid grin I had. Sooooo many funny moments! If I’d have to pick my favorite quotes from this book I’d just c
Coffcat
Aug 11, 2008 Coffcat rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I'll be honest. I didn't finish this book. I got about 3/4 of the way through and had to quit. I thought the story premise was terrific but the author seemed to suffer quite a bit from the "lets see how many crazy/quirky characters we can stuff in one book" syndrome. There were too many extreme characters, too many plot lines happening and the heroine was just plain odd. Not a normal person in the bunch. Reading it was like playing a game of what if. What if you took a famous football player, gi ...more
Paige  Bookdragon
Not the most dramatic but probably the most laughed-out-loud SEP book that I've ever read.
Lisa Kay
Tennessee Farm

(This is a review of the audiobook.) Man-oh-man! I love this book. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve read it. It is on my “re-read-for-comfort” shelf, which I desperately needed now. My life is currently too crazy to sit and read, so I popped in my ear buds and tried the audiobook this time, narrated by the wonderful Anna Fields.

I have heard nothing but great things about this reader, so I don’t know why I waited so long to listen to a story she narrates. If a character
*Lynn*
3/4 Stars
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
4 STARS ...more
Nisha
Oct 05, 2011 Nisha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who wants a good romantic comedy
My original review is waaay below, which was written after the first time I read this. But after my 2nd time, more than 2 years later, I think that it's the right time to write an updated review.

I must warn everyone that I am a die-hard Susan Elizabeth Phillips fan. But at the same time, I know how to be critical of her stories when I need to be (really, I have been...for a few of them). This book is sorta an extension of the Chicago stars series, but even Ms. Phillips says that she doesn't rea
Ian
Jun 09, 2012 Ian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The beaver marched right past, her big flat tail bouncing in the gravel, and her small, sharp nose stuck up in the air. Way up. The beaver looked highly pissed.

She was definitely a girl beaver because her beaver head was missing, revealing sweaty, dark hair pulled into a short, scraggly ponytail. He’d been praying for a little distraction from his own depressing company, so he threw open the door and stepped out onto the shoulder of the Colorado road.

From the very first page, Blue Bailey has bee
Lidia
May 20, 2016 Lidia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Un gustazo. Cómo convierte personajes aparentemente frívolos en protagonistas adorables (una fórmula que suele repetir en sus novelas). SEP tiene la capacidad de que me crea todo lo que les ocurre, sus lazos familiares, cualquier situación por descabellada que sea. Creo que en esta novela los secundarios cobran un papel que casi eclipsa a Dean y Blue.
Aunque no sea de sus mejores libros, se lleva 4 estrellas por lo bien que me lo hace pasar.
Nefise
It was good and a classic SEP story.

There are enjoyable secondary characters and story is based on being family, forgiveness, making peace with one past mistakes and acceptance of one's own feelings and fears. So it was good to reading it and I had a good time. Though I can't say same thing about romance part in the story. When I captured myself their building relationship and chemistry, scenes were changing and concentrated on other characters and after a while I adapted on family concept on th
Tonya
“Life sure is easier when you're rich."
"And a natural born charmer. Don't forget that part."
"How could I?" she retorted. "It's the only thing we have in common.”

I actually had this at a 4 because I added it to GR after I'd already read it many times. But even though I haven't read it in a while I have to up this to a five since it's on my re-read list and is a good slump buster for me. I've read this book so many times. It just makes me laugh and makes me cry. It's even a little angsty. I just
Char
Sep 17, 2007 Char rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book isn't perfect, and some of SEP's plot devices are repeats from other books, but my love for it is pure and strong. Why? For me, it's all about the characters, both Blue and Dean, but also Riley, Dean's parents, and Nita. I tend to whip through SEP's fun, funny books and, in the end, feel warm, tingly, happy and thoroughly satisfied. Love it! This one is my fave to date. It resonated.
Marisa Sauco
Jun 22, 2015 Marisa Sauco rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
¡MARAVILLOSO! Un auténtico SEP… PERFECTO para completar la “Serie Chicago Stars”.
Una (o dos) historias de amor preciosas y muy tiernas… de esas que te hacen suspirar y te dejan con una sonrisa enorme en los labios. Todos los personajes son encantadores, tienen un rol bien definido y están perfectamente construidos. Me encantó la complicidad y la interacción entre ellos.

Leer esta serie me transportó, por completo, a un lugar maravilloso, del que me da mucha pena y nostalgia abandonar.
AMÉ toda
Dec 22, 2015 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mi primer libro de SEP, pero no el último.

Me lo he pasado pipa leyendo este libro. En el primer capítulo, con ese encuentro con una castora sin cabeza en la carretera lloraba de la risa. Me han encantado las luchas verbales y de ingenio entre Dean y Blue. Y me ha gustado hasta el drama familiar.

Divertido y entretenido, es justo lo que necesitaba.
Izy
Apr 22, 2016 Izy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
Wollstonecrafthomegirl
I have ruminated on this. I mean, SEP is kind of a phenomenon, right? Not so much this side of the pond (where romance is a somewhat sidelined genre of literature in general and thus no one is really a phenomenon) but in the States she's like a Big Deal? I certainly cannot remember the last time I read a book with Good Reads reviews of 20K+. So I suppose my expectations were high and this ended up on my TBR pile somehow, so some blog or reviewer I respect must have liked it. But I've got to say, ...more
valee
Oct 23, 2010 valee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Im so sad right now. I cant believe this is the last book in the series. Why stop when something is still going on so well? I guess thats what makes this author such an amazing one, its important to know when to stop writing books in a same series. Still I would have read many, many more!

This installment was terrific. I never thought I would have loved it so much. I actually cried with this one,lol. Family is important for me, very much, so to see how Deans family got to know each other and forg
Shelly
Mar 29, 2016 Shelly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have loved Dean in every book he's been in, and his book is no exception! I knew it would take more than just good looks to snag the Bu, but SEP out-did herself with Blue! She's one of my favorite SEP heroines, along with Annabelle and Georgie. Dean and Blue are so mismatched, yet a perfect pair together, and they don't take each other's bs! These two are a complete joy to see together on the page, they just feed off one another and it's great dialogue, as usual from SEP.

Dean, of course is a d
Trish
I was pleasantly surprised with this book. This is a sweet and slow contemporary romance with a wide range of characters in the story. This book tells the story of second chances, of new beginnings, and accepting people for where they are in life.

The author did an excellent job of including the story line of the secondary characters and fleshing them out, to build a sweet and heartwarming story. However, I would have liked Dean and Blue to have more appearances in the book, together. Overall, I
Pınar
Jul 25, 2015 Pınar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5

Sanırsam kitaptan memnun olmayan bir ben varım :D Nedense aşkı hissedemedim. Normalde yan karakterleri ve 2. hikayeyi de severim ama bu sefer o da olmadı. Bu puanım da sadece diyaloglara ve zekice esprilerine. Bir de önceki kitapların güzelliğine :D Bitiş için iyi olmadı ama en azından çok kötü de değildi.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 4 Dec 21, 2015 04:19PM
Favorite character? .... Why him? 4 103 Aug 05, 2013 10:58PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: natural born charmer 1 5 Jun 24, 2013 06:32AM
  • True Love and Other Disasters (Chinooks Hockey Team #4)
  • Blue-Eyed Devil (Travises, #2)
  • Curveball (Richmond Rogues, #2)
  • The Last Hellion (Scoundrels, #4)
  • Slow Heat (Pacific Heat, #2)
  • Tall Tales and Wedding Veils (Playboys, #2)
  • The Penalty Box (New York Blades, #4)
  • Fast Women
  • Hot Number (Hot Zone #2)
SUSAN ELIZABETH PHILLIPS

The Huffington Post says the books of Susan Elizabeth Phillips provide a “gateway drug to the whole [romance] genre,” which she assumes is a good thing. Bookpage magazine calls her “the crown jewel of romantic comedy writers,” which is definitely a good thing. Since she wrote her first novel on a typewriter in her kitchen, her books have been published in over 30 languages
More about Susan Elizabeth Phillips...

Chicago Stars (8 books)
  • It Had to Be You (Chicago Stars, #1)
  • Heaven, Texas (Chicago Stars, #2)
  • Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3)
  • Dream a Little Dream (Chicago Stars, #4)
  • This Heart of Mine (Chicago Stars, #5)
  • Match Me If You Can (Chicago Stars, #6)
  • First Star I See Tonight (Chicago Stars, #8)

“She thought it over, but couldn’t see any immediate loopholes other than the threat of her inner slut emerging, and she could darned well control that little bitch.” 78 likes
“Do you really expect me to fall apart every time another woman throws herself at you? Because, if that's so, I'll be a nervous wreck before the honeymoon's over. Although, if they do it in front of me..."
He went still. "Did you just propose to me?"
She bristled. "Do you have a problem with that?"
The scoreboard lit up, and he gave the world a high five. "God, I love you.”
62 likes