Start by marking “Natural Born Charmer (Chicago Stars, #7)” as Want to Read:
Natural Born Charmer (Chicago Stars, #7)

Natural Born Charmer (Chicago Stars #7)

4.15  ·  Rating Details ·  27,229 Ratings  ·  1,331 Reviews
Chicago Stars quarterback Dean Robillard is the luckiest man in the world. But life in the glory land has started to pale, and Dean has set off on the cross-country trip to figure out what's going wrong. When he hits a lonely stretch of Colorado highway, he spies something that will shake up his gilded life in ways he can't imagine. A young woman... dressed in a beaver sui ...more
Audio CD, Unabridged, 12 pages
Published February 6th 2007 by HarperAudio (first published September 25th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Natural Born Charmer, please sign up.

Valquiria Yes. Every book by SEP can be read as a standalone, but characther of other books can make an apperance

♥Sharon♥
Mar 24, 2015 ♥Sharon♥ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, what a ride that was. I started the Chicago Star’s Series just a little over a month ago and I LOVED every single one of them. But I do have a favorite. Dream a Little Dream, which is book #4, fills that spot.

I think what is so fantastic about this series is that with each story you get the expected and the unexpected. SEP always gives you dreamy and sexy leading men and strong and beautiful leading women. She surrounds them with creative side characters and the storyline is always somethi
Mo
May 18, 2015 Mo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I checked my kindle account to see when I first read this series. It was back in 2011. Devoured them at the time. It was probably prior to joining Goodreads so never did a review. I recently re-read the series. Well, I skipped Heaven, Texas - not sure why. But all the others have been solid 5 stars for me. I was a bit hesitant to re-read this one. I had originally five-starred it. But Dean appears in Match Me If You Can and I really wasn't a fan. He was a jock, wore diamond earrings, was cocky. ...more
It's just me Shelly B
"It wasn’t every day a guy saw a headless beaver marching down the side of a road, not even in Dean Robillard’s larger-than-life world. “Son of a…” Dean slammed on the brakes of his brand-new Aston Martin Vanquish and pulled over in front of her."

That's where Dean Robillard meets Blue Bailey. In a headless beaver costume walking down a deserted highway and his life was forever changed when he offered her a ride....for better or for worse he's still not quite sure.

You see Dean's a pretty boy, he'
Karla

5 Charming Stars! Wasn't so sure if I would like Dean...and I didn't...I LOVED HIM!!

A Gypsy Caravan...
 photo 52cc86b4-d71a-4bee-9117-df0fa5e2bb62_zpse48c821f.jpg

photo caravan_zps6bcef483.jpg

A Flashlight...
 photo Virtual_Flashlight_zps65246880.jpg

and Dean Robillard...SWOON!
 photo deanrobillard_zps51aea87b.jpg

Equals sexy good times...wow that was HOT!

I got more than I bargained for with this book, it was way more than just a contemporary romance. This book was about family, mending relationships, and building new ones. The witty banter had me snickering, especially the verbal smack-downs between Blue and Nita...hysterical.

Finally, however, Blue was be
Christina ~ Brunette Reader
Sep 11, 2014 Christina ~ Brunette Reader rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Christina ~ Brunette Reader by: Ian

3,5 "Charm Me" Stars

Dean Robillard and Blue Bailey couldn't be more different, but destiny has devised a Colorado road and a beaver costume to have their path cross. NFL hunky golden boy meets quirky bohemian girl and from there on it's all a fun romantic romp taking them eastward to a Tennessee farm where a bit of family drama and a lot of sizzling chemistry will bring them together, while Dean's glamorous lifestyle and Blue's restlessness will try to keep them apart.

Engaging writing and spar
Karen
Mar 07, 2015 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
5 STARS

Here we are at book 7 of the Chicago Stars and we’re still flying high! These books are just so good. They’re like sex on the beach or oodles of chocolate, or champagne and strawberries. I don’t care how many she writes… I’m sure I’ll read and love them all! But my reviews unfortunately are starting to sound like a broken record. So I’ll try to keep it short and sweet.

This one features the Stars’ latest Quarterback superstar, Dean Robillard, the NFL’s current golden boy. And honestly… a
Anzu The Great Destroyer
I have to start with this: WTF??? Headless beaver? Seriously?? I was on the floor laughing because of this. I didn’t read the summary (as my bad–and-not-so-bad habit dictates) so the surprise was awesome! I knew I’d fall in love with this book, and I did. It was insanely good.

It’s been a while since I laughed so much from reading a book. My mum was giving me awkward faces because of the stupid grin I had. Sooooo many funny moments! If I’d have to pick my favorite quotes from this book I’d just c
Kimberly Carrington-Fox
Nuestra reseña en A la cama con... un libro

Ahora mismo estoy con el subidón de haberlo leído y disfrutado tanto que no puedo darle menos. Me echaría a llorar por haber terminado la serie si no fuera porque 1. en unos días sale el siguiente libro, 2. me los puedo releer y revivir siempre que quiera y 3. estoy tan sensiblona que hasta lloraría con un anuncio del Decathlon.

VIVA SEP!!
Milica's Bookshelf
Od jako zabavnog početka do srećnog kraja, nisam mogla da je ispustim iz ruku.
Obožavam ovaj serijal! ♥
Ummi
Nov 25, 2007 Ummi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chicago-stars
Could a book makes you deliriously happy? I mean, really. But then, this book did it for me. I grin like a fool after reading this book. I feel deliriously happy it was ridiculous. After all, it is just a book. Not just any book , though. It's the latest one from the Chicago Stars series. And I love every single second of it! I really do. It makes me sigh with longing to have what Blue and Dean have with each other. Pathetic, I know. But the book done that to me. Better than fairy tale.
Jen
Oct 10, 2016 Jen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is just getting better and better to me! I love each of the stories that I've listened to so far, but I really loved this one. It was by chance that I was able to get this audiobook right away and I listened to almost all of it in one day. After just having listened to Match Me If You Can, I was excited to get Dean's story.

Each book is about a different couple and can be read as a standalone. This is Dean and Blue's story, but what I loved it that is it wasn't just about them. This w
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness
♥♥♥Beautiful and emotionally fantastic family read! This book will always be one of my favorites♥♥♥

I'M JUST SO HAPPY RITE NOW !!!YEAAAA ! A FIVE STAR ! LOL feels good :D

AHmazing continuation to this fabulous and fun series !!
LOVED the whole family to pieces ! especially Dean's parents (Jack & April )and good old Mrs.granier!!!
Ingela
Written September 19, 2014

4.1 Stars - I love this authors style and characters - guaranteed easygoing, heartwarming cute and good outside-in.

Book #7

January 2014Nika (5 stars) told me Natural Born Charmer is the best one in this Chicago Stars series. We will see!!
April 2014Kathleen recommended it as well. She does always know what I would like to read.
September 2014 — I used my free coupon and downladed this 12 hours audiobook narrated by Anna Fields (..faultlessly).
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

There are already 92
Coffcat
Aug 03, 2008 Coffcat rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I'll be honest. I didn't finish this book. I got about 3/4 of the way through and had to quit. I thought the story premise was terrific but the author seemed to suffer quite a bit from the "lets see how many crazy/quirky characters we can stuff in one book" syndrome. There were too many extreme characters, too many plot lines happening and the heroine was just plain odd. Not a normal person in the bunch. Reading it was like playing a game of what if. What if you took a famous football player, gi ...more
Lisa Kay
Tennessee Farm

★★★★★ (This is a review of the audiobook.) Man-oh-man! I love this book. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve read it. It is on my “re-read-for-comfort” shelf, which I desperately needed now. My life is currently too crazy to sit and read, so I popped in my ear buds and tried the audiobook this time, narrated by the wonderful Anna Fields.

I have heard nothing but great things about this reader, so I don’t know why I waited so long to listen to a story she narrates. If a char
Eilonwy
Driving along the highway to visit his new farm in Tennessee, pro quarterback Dean Robillard spots a woman in a beaver costume walking along the side of the road and offers her a ride ... and of course true love follows.
But the road to love is never smooth, and traveling over those bumps and detours was great fun with this book. Dean and Blue both have big-time family issues, plus the town where his farm is located is owned by one very cranky old lady, so the romance story also features a great
Tonya
“Life sure is easier when you're rich."
"And a natural born charmer. Don't forget that part."
"How could I?" she retorted. "It's the only thing we have in common.”

I actually had this at a 4 because I added it to GR after I'd already read it many times. But even though I haven't read it in a while I have to up this to a five since it's on my re-read list and is a good slump buster for me. I've read this book so many times. It just makes me laugh and makes me cry. It's even a little angsty. I just
Piper
Jun 28, 2015 Piper rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
5 totally charming stars!!!

I loved this story!! Actually I loved each installment of the Chicago Stars series and I'm anxiously awaiting the eighth book which is to be released in five short days. Or make that five long days!!! Susan Elizabeth Phillips can weave a tale and make you laugh as well as cry. She is one talented writer!!!
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 STARS ⭐⭐⭐⭐ ...more
Mandy
Jul 23, 2016 Mandy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: funny, athlete
I really enjoyed the banter in this book - probably some of the best banter I've ever read. There was one scene in this entire book that I didn't like but overall, I really enjoyed this one and the whole series. I can't recommend this whole series enough - it's funny, sweet, emotional... it's just fantastic..
Nisha
Jun 23, 2009 Nisha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who wants a good romantic comedy
My original review is waaay below, which was written after the first time I read this. But after my 2nd time, more than 2 years later, I think that it's the right time to write an updated review.

I must warn everyone that I am a die-hard Susan Elizabeth Phillips fan. But at the same time, I know how to be critical of her stories when I need to be (really, I have been...for a few of them). This book is sorta an extension of the Chicago stars series, but even Ms. Phillips says that she doesn't rea
Ian
Jun 06, 2012 Ian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The beaver marched right past, her big flat tail bouncing in the gravel, and her small, sharp nose stuck up in the air. Way up. The beaver looked highly pissed.

She was definitely a girl beaver because her beaver head was missing, revealing sweaty, dark hair pulled into a short, scraggly ponytail. He’d been praying for a little distraction from his own depressing company, so he threw open the door and stepped out onto the shoulder of the Colorado road.

From the very first page, Blue Bailey has bee
Nefise
It was good and a classic SEP story.

There are enjoyable secondary characters and story is based on being family, forgiveness, making peace with one past mistakes and acceptance of one's own feelings and fears. So it was good to reading it and I had a good time. Though I can't say same thing about romance part in the story. When I captured myself their building relationship and chemistry, scenes were changing and concentrated on other characters and after a while I adapted on family concept on th
Lidia
May 16, 2016 Lidia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Un gustazo. Cómo convierte personajes aparentemente frívolos en protagonistas adorables (una fórmula que suele repetir en sus novelas). SEP tiene la capacidad de que me crea todo lo que les ocurre, sus lazos familiares, cualquier situación por descabellada que sea. Creo que en esta novela los secundarios cobran un papel que casi eclipsa a Dean y Blue.
Aunque no sea de sus mejores libros, se lleva 4 estrellas por lo bien que me lo hace pasar.
Char
Sep 17, 2007 Char rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book isn't perfect, and some of SEP's plot devices are repeats from other books, but my love for it is pure and strong. Why? For me, it's all about the characters, both Blue and Dean, but also Riley, Dean's parents, and Nita. I tend to whip through SEP's fun, funny books and, in the end, feel warm, tingly, happy and thoroughly satisfied. Love it! This one is my fave to date. It resonated.
Marisa Sauco
Jun 20, 2015 Marisa Sauco rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
¡MARAVILLOSO! ❤ Un auténtico SEP… PERFECTO para completar la “Serie Chicago Stars”. ❤❤❤❤❤
Una (o dos) historias de amor preciosas y muy tiernas… de esas que te hacen suspirar y te dejan con una sonrisa enorme en los labios. Todos los personajes son encantadores, tienen un rol bien definido y están perfectamente construidos. Me encantó la complicidad y la interacción entre ellos.

Leer esta serie me transportó, por completo, a un lugar maravilloso, del que me da mucha pena y nostalgia abandonar.
AM
Dec 20, 2015 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mi primer libro de SEP, pero no el último.

Me lo he pasado pipa leyendo este libro. En el primer capítulo, con ese encuentro con una castora sin cabeza en la carretera lloraba de la risa. Me han encantado las luchas verbales y de ingenio entre Dean y Blue. Y me ha gustado hasta el drama familiar.

Divertido y entretenido, es justo lo que necesitaba.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 5 Dec 21, 2015 04:19PM
Favorite character? .... Why him? 4 111 Aug 05, 2013 10:58PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: natural born charmer 1 5 Jun 24, 2013 06:32AM
  • True Love and Other Disasters (Chinooks Hockey Team #4)
  • Slow Heat (Pacific Heat, #2)
  • Smooth Talking Stranger (Travises, #3)
  • Chasing Stanley (New York Blades, #5)
  • Tall Tales and Wedding Veils (Playboys, #2)
  • Curveball (Richmond Rogues, #2)
  • Faking It (Dempseys, #2)
  • Just One of the Guys
  • The Kept Woman
SUSAN ELIZABETH PHILLIPS

Susan Elizabeth Phillips is an international bestseller whose books have been published in over 30 languages. She’s the only four-time recipient of the Romance Writers of America’s prestigious Favorite Book of the Year Award, and a recipient of their Lifetime Achievement Award. Among her other accomplishments, Susan created the sports romance.

Susan's newest book, FIRST STAR
More about Susan Elizabeth Phillips...

Chicago Stars (8 books)
  • It Had to Be You (Chicago Stars, #1)
  • Heaven, Texas (Chicago Stars, #2)
  • Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3)
  • Dream a Little Dream (Chicago Stars, #4)
  • This Heart of Mine (Chicago Stars, #5)
  • Match Me If You Can (Chicago Stars, #6)
  • First Star I See Tonight (Chicago Stars, #8)

“She thought it over, but couldn’t see any immediate loopholes other than the threat of her inner slut emerging, and she could darned well control that little bitch.” 77 likes
“So, Beav, tell me about yourself."
"I'm Blue."
"Sweetheart, if I had your dubious taste in men, I wouldn't be too happy, either."
"My name is Blue. Blue Bailey.”
62 likes