Start by marking “Trial By Fire (Avalon: Web of Magic, #6)” as Want to Read:
Trial By Fire (Avalon: Web of Magic, #6)

Trial By Fire (Avalon: Web of Magic #6)

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  872 ratings  ·  18 reviews

The road to Avalon - the mystical home of all magic - is finally within reach! Its location is revealed on a fairy map, a sparkling globe of wondrous power, that Kara now holds. She must use the map for the good of all the worlds, but the Dark Sorceress wants it too, and will stop at nothing to sieze it.

Trial By Fire is the sixth book in Avalon: Web of Magic, a twelve b

Published October 28th 2008 by Seven Seas (first published October 1st 2002)

Angela
I definitely finished this about five months ago, so the details are pretty fuzzy right now, but I remember that this was a good one in the series. Trial by Fire ends the first arc of the series called Web of Magic (after this began the Quest for Magic series before the series changed publishers), which is fitting because the story changes after this book.

As far as I remember, this is the darkest book in the first arc, and that is what I like about it. Events finally build up to the mages' confr
Keke
This is one of the best of the series yet. Ending the Web of Magic arc on such a note is wonderful and just so sad. I am bawling my eyes out but its an amazing book and I want little children everywhere to read this series, because its a great series. High praise everywhere~~
Abby
This book wasn't as good as I remember the previous ones being. I suppose it is because I was younger back then and more easily amazed by books.

In this book, I found a lot of errors. The dialogue was sketchy. At some points the conversations seemed to jump randomly between topics. The plot line was a little hazy at points and there were a lot of just plain careless grammatical mistakes. Overall it looked like a rough draft. It needs more time and effort put into it.

There were definitely parts t
Alexa
What event could have happened in real life? What would be similar in real life? What would be different in real life?
1. Three people becoming friends then turning on one another.
2. Using animals for evil.
3. No magic.
Annemarie
this book is more like friendship more than anything.you`ll really like dreamer.

i wanted to put this other book down but i couldn`t find it.it`s called ghost wolf and it`s also writen by rachel roberts.it`s very sad and moving.i cryed when i read it.it`s my favorite book in the world.i`d give it five stars.any avalon book is good but this one is my favorite.
Aida
Trial By Fire was kind of sad. I'm not giving away spoilers, so I will not say what happens. It was very confusing, every chapter was switching to different characters at different times. This made me get confused on who I was reading about. Nonetheless, the book had an amazing battle scene.
Marissa
Dyah
At first I wanted to give 2 stars only, but then... (view spoiler)
This is very sad, but story-wise, it's an interesting development.
Kelsey Evelyn
This time the three girls go on a quest to rid the magic world of darkness. It might sound cheesy, maybe a re-make, but oh you are so, so, wrong. It is far from it! It's incredible, fulled with danger at every turn.
Tara Parker
While I liked the book, for some reason I just couldn't get emotionally invested in it. Something quite horrible happens and I didn't even really care. I still think this is a brilliant series for kids though.
Jennifer Datus
The group is off to fight the evil sorceres. I like this story because it was sad funny and scare at some partes. Will they all make it out alive or will some die. Read to find out.
Taylor
I read these when I was younger but I would still read them now. They have enough magic in them to entertain anybody.
Gabby
This is my 2nd favorite of the series, it was awesome, tragic, adventurous, funny, extremely sad, I missed Storm.
Marley
So far, this book is really cool. I like it a lot!
Phantom
Emily, Adriane and Kara
Brooklynn Garcia
So much action and fantasy!
Ayano
Amazing book, and I loved it!
Bonnie
Bonnie marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2015
Shiella Sinajon
Shiella Sinajon marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
Celeste
Celeste marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
april
april added it
Aug 21, 2015
  • By Fire, By Moonlight (Unicorns Of Balinor, #4)
  • The Emerald Princess Finds a Fairy (The Jewel Kingdom, #7)
  • The Courage to Choose (W.I.T.C.H. Chapter Books, #15)
  • The Power of Five (W.I.T.C.H. Chapter Books, #1)
  • Transformation (Water, #3)
  • Crown and Jewel (Bracken Trilogy, #2)
  • Wild Boy (Rowan Hood, #4)
  • The Seventh Princess
19158
Rachel Roberts adores magic, adventure, animals, and music. Rachel is an devoted campaigner with animal rights and protection of wild places organizations. Rachel’s has been reading ever since she could first carry a book and enjoys getting lost in a fantastic story. Rachel has been a writer as well as a editor her entire career. Rachel says the majority of concepts for her stories and characters ...more
More about Rachel Roberts...

Avalon: Web of Magic (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Circles in the Stream (Avalon: Web of Magic #1)
  • All That Glitters (Avalon: Web of Magic, #2)
  • Cry of the Wolf (Avalon: Web of Magic #3)
  • Secret of the Unicorn (Avalon: Web of Magic #4)
  • Spellsinger (Avalon: Web of Magic #5)
  • Song of the Unicorns (Avalon: Web of Magic #7)
  • All's Fairy in Love and War (Avalon: Web of Magic #8)
  • Ghost Wolf (Avalon: Web of Magic #9)
  • Heart of Avalon (Avalon: Web of Magic #10):
  • Dark Mage (Avalon: Web of Magic #11)
Circles in the Stream (Avalon: Web of Magic #1) Cry of the Wolf (Avalon: Web of Magic #3) Secret of the Unicorn (Avalon: Web of Magic #4) All That Glitters (Avalon: Web of Magic, #2) Spellsinger (Avalon: Web of Magic #5)

“no demon can posses you if you maintain the ability to turn and laugh at it” 30 likes