Start by marking “Bedtime Stories of Jewish Holidays” as Want to Read:
Bedtime Stories of Jewish Holidays

Bedtime Stories of Jewish Holidays

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  5 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
Published November 15th 1998 by Mesorah Publications, Limited (first published November 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Bedtime Stories of Jewish Holidays, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bedtime Stories of Jewish Holidays

Rachel
Jul 11, 2010 Rachel rated it it was ok
Shelves: jewish
The male-centricity of this book shouldn't surprise me, given the chassidic nature of the stories, but it disappoints me. The author uses the standard tropes of Jewish chassidic folklore, but, in doing so, he implies that women are not and cannot be agents of ethical behavior, only recipients thereof. Doing a re-write of this book with women as the stories' main characters would be interesting, given the cultural implications of each story.
Janet
Dec 18, 2010 Janet rated it it was amazing
Wow, Shmuel Blitz is just fantastic. I bought this book a couple of years ago but my daughter (age 7) just grew into it. She discovered it on her shelf and read the entire book in one night. She was just smitten with all the stories, she was aglow when she told me about them. Since then, we read about 5 together every night. They are so wonderful! I will go ahead and order all the story collections by this author. Highly recommended.
Tóve Schumann
Tóve Schumann marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2015
Zelda
Zelda rated it really liked it
Oct 26, 2015
Bridgid
Bridgid marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2014
Julie Gerber
Julie Gerber rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2010
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2010