Start by marking “Bedtime Stories of Jewish Holidays” as Want to Read:
Bedtime Stories of Jewish Holidays

Bedtime Stories of Jewish Holidays

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  4 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Published November 15th 1998 by Mesorah Publications, Limited (first published November 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Bedtime Stories of Jewish Holidays, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bedtime Stories of Jewish Holidays

Rachel
The male-centricity of this book shouldn't surprise me, given the chassidic nature of the stories, but it disappoints me. The author uses the standard tropes of Jewish chassidic folklore, but, in doing so, he implies that women are not and cannot be agents of ethical behavior, only recipients thereof. Doing a re-write of this book with women as the stories' main characters would be interesting, given the cultural implications of each story.
Janet
Wow, Shmuel Blitz is just fantastic. I bought this book a couple of years ago but my daughter (age 7) just grew into it. She discovered it on her shelf and read the entire book in one night. She was just smitten with all the stories, she was aglow when she told me about them. Since then, we read about 5 together every night. They are so wonderful! I will go ahead and order all the story collections by this author. Highly recommended.
Bridgid
Bridgid marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2014
Gareth
Gareth marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2013
Artscroll Children's Siddur (Artscroll Youth Series) Search for the Stones Bedtime Stories of Jewish Values My First Book of Jewish Holidays (ArtScroll Youth) More Jewish Bedtime Stories: Tales of Rabbis and Leaders