Start by marking “Ernie Gets Lost (A Sesame Street Growing-Up Book)” as Want to Read:
Ernie Gets Lost (A Sesame Street Growing-Up Book)

Ernie Gets Lost (A Sesame Street Growing-Up Book)

4.03  ·  Rating Details  ·  33 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Ernie follows Maria's advice when he becomes lost in a large department store.
Published February 1st 1985 by Golden Press

Michele Speckman
Aug 14, 2014 Michele Speckman rated it it was amazing
I'm going to cry! I totally forgot about this book. Used to be so nervous for Ernie. I need to find this...
Joshua Gross
Apr 06, 2012 Joshua Gross rated it really liked it
A book with good advice for children. I originally only gave this book two stars because I am not a child, it doesn't have any nostalgic value for me since I didn't have it as a kid, and because for the most part it wasn't as funny as the other one I read. However, considering how dearly loved it is by my dearest love and the fun part about how Ernie bought Bert a 'Pigeon Land' board game, I have decided to boost my rating to four stars. I hope that everyone who loved this book will forgive me f ...more
Emily Shazer
Jan 22, 2012 Emily Shazer rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
I think this is an excellent book for all young children to read, especially children who enjoy Sesame Street. The book shows that getting seperated from a parent or guardian in a mall is totally possible, but everything will be okay in the end. This also teaches that it is always okay to ask for help. Ernie asked a sales associate to help him find Maria and she was able to find her for them. In the end, everything was okay and kids should know that they can always ask for help when in need.
Chance Lee
Apr 06, 2012 Chance Lee rated it really liked it
This book traumatized me as a child, because I thought getting lost was a fate worse than death. Once you were lost, that's it. You'll never find your home again.

I got over it eventually, and maybe it was with Ernie's help. I'm glad he found he way back to Maria and wasn't lost at the department store forever. If he was, then Bert wouldn't have received that badass Pigeon Land board game for his birthday. Man, I always wanted to play Pigeon Land so bad.
Clarina
Mar 16, 2010 Clarina rated it it was amazing
This book was great! Ernie was very cute. He's just like any other little kid who wanders off on their own in a shopping center. I used to wander off in the supermarket a lot too when I was small and then I'd have to shout all over for my mom. I'd really love to read it again, but my parents gave it away years ago.
Dolly
Apr 04, 2010 Dolly rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a very good book that helps explain how easy it is for a child to get separated from his parent and lost in a department store as well as what to do when it happens. Presented in a non-scary way, with everybody's friend, Ernie.
Pritha Khalida
ini buku bahasa inggris pertama yang saya baca.
waktu itu sampai nekat ngabur dari mama di department store,saking penginnya bertualang menjadi anak hilang seperti ernie..
Tehila
Tehila rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2016
Keeley
Keeley marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
Amita
Amita rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2016
Amanda
Amanda added it
Feb 23, 2016
Columbus
Columbus rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2016
Katherine
Katherine marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Amanda Leal
Amanda Leal marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2015
Anthony
Anthony rated it liked it
Jan 08, 2016
Roslyne Francis
Roslyne Francis marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Lexen
Lexen rated it it was amazing
Jun 12, 2015
Brenda
Brenda added it
Jun 05, 2015
Evan
Evan rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2015
Ellie
Ellie added it
Feb 12, 2015
Inara
Inara rated it liked it
May 16, 2015
Jireh Adalia
Jireh Adalia rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2015
Gry
Gry added it
Jan 29, 2015
Chasity Scarbrough
Chasity Scarbrough marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Austin Cheberenchick
Austin Cheberenchick rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2014