Start by marking “Sun Up, Sun Down” as Want to Read:
Sun Up, Sun Down

Sun Up, Sun Down

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  34 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Simple language and bold illustrations make this a fun and informative book about the sun. “Add this one to primary-grade science shelves.”--Booklist
Published October 14th 1983 by HMH Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Sun Up, Sun Down, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sun Up, Sun Down

We read this as a part of our homeschool preschool space unit. This is a great introduction for kids and includes facts about the sun, shadows, earth's rotation, the water cycle, and how rainbows are made. It's scientific facts presented in a way to be very accessible to little ones. My four year old loved it.
This book is a very informational book about the sun that is great for middle-aged classroom, 3-5. Sun up, Sun down is very detailed with illustrations that go right along with the author’s thoughts about how the sun helps the Earth. This book would be included in a science or agriculture lesson if the teacher is talking about the solar system or how plants grow in agriculture. Some of the vocabulary in this book may be a little advanced for young readers hence the level that I chose, 3-5. I rat ...more
This is a great instructional book for teaching about the sun. It is both informational and engaging. In this book a little girl is acting out daily routines through different times of the day, weather conditions and seasons all while telling the reader about the sun and what it is doing. It has great pictures and is easy for kids to relate to.

I am planning a science unit about the sky for my Kindergarten class and this is one of the books that I will be using to teach about the sun and the rol
Deborah Harris
Dec 28, 2013 Deborah Harris added it
Shelves: ar-3, a24
AR Quiz No. 18895 EN Nonfiction
Accelerated Reader Quiz Information IL: LG - BL: 3.0 - AR Pts: 0.5
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP, VP
Jennifer Amichia
I enjoyed reading this informative book as an introductory lesson to directions for my first graders. They were able to express the difference between the North, South, East, and West after this read aloud.
K - 5

Solar System - Sun
Yvonne added it
Jul 30, 2015
Kim marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
WCNS added it
May 29, 2015
David Meredith
David Meredith marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Maggie Deaver
Maggie Deaver marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Kara Cole
Kara Cole marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Hleppard marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Tabitha Rogers
Tabitha Rogers marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Tierra Glover
Tierra Glover marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Kara marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014