Start by marking “Daughters of Destiny” as Want to Read:
Daughters of Destiny

Daughters of Destiny

A treasury of historical narratives, lessons and poetry for daughters, young and old.
Published January 1st 2000 by Mantle Ministries and Vision Forum

To ask other readers questions about Daughters of Destiny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daughters of Destiny

lysslyss
Apr 02, 2010 lysslyss rated it really liked it
Samantha
Dec 12, 2008 Samantha rated it it was amazing
Edited and compiled by Noelle Wheeler. I liked this book so much that I gave it 6 stars! Filled with inspirational stories of women of destiny, women of purpose, women of lyrics, women of virtue, women of purity etc. Women who put God first in their lives, you will be inspired and encouraged through their stories to give your all in your service to God, home, family and country. Also contains poetry and other inspirational writings. A proclamation of the joy of virtuous womanhood!
Allison
Nov 04, 2014 Allison rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading about strong courageous women. Women who stood up for what they believed in. Women who loved their families, and were willing to sacrifice everything for the ones they loved (God included). These women are not your modern feminist, these were women of virtue, who loved their families and above all, loved God.
Jillian
Feb 14, 2008 Jillian rated it it was amazing
This book has such amazing stories of the courage and faith of women in history. It really showed me how we can be heroines in God's eyes and that is what really matters. These women are such wonderful role models because they are always striving to be like Jesus, our ultimate role model in life. Really good book!!!
Jaclynn
Apr 23, 2008 Jaclynn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2008
Peyton
This is a great book for history lovers!!! I enjoyed reading about courageous women in history. I think that every young lady should appreciate the history of the world and especially that of the United States. In today's day and age we have everything so easy and right there as soon as we want it. Take a step back with this book and see the struggles that women in the past had to go through!
Lacie
Mar 12, 2010 Lacie rated it really liked it
Shelves: biographies
“Daughters of Destiny” is an inspiring collection of stories about many of the faithful Christian women who fill the pages of Earth’s history book. Ranging from Mary Washington to Catherine Von Bora, Queen Victoria to Pocahontas, Dolly Madison to Narcissa Whitman, and Betsy Ross to Fanny Crosby, each story is a narration of the courage, grace and devotion displayed by these women of faith.
Hannah
Jun 23, 2011 Hannah rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. I think it was more written for younger girls but I simply enjoyed it and it encouraged me a lot. I can't wait to be able to read it to my girls someday if the Lord permits me to have children.
Rachel
Dec 18, 2014 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: homemaking, history
Read this more times than I can count. Fabulous stories of women who had courage and dignity while conquering hardships alongside their husbands, as widows and even as single women.
bird
Oct 11, 2012 bird rated it really liked it
It's been ages since I read this book. I remembering reading it in middle school and being inspired by the faith and strength of the early woman however. I really can't remember much else though.
Hannah
Hannah rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2011
Shelby Stafford
Shelby Stafford rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2009
~Kaity
~Kaity rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2012
Susanna Bowman
Susanna Bowman rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2015
Anna
Anna rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2008
Meagan
Meagan rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2013
Victoria
Victoria rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2008
Lauren
Lauren rated it really liked it
Mar 24, 2012
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
May 01, 2012
Marisa
Marisa rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2008
Lynley
Lynley rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2011
Sarah rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2012
Abigail
Abigail rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2008
Jessica Anne
Jessica Anne rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2016
Clair Simpson
Clair Simpson rated it liked it
Feb 12, 2008
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2011
Abigail Joy
Abigail Joy rated it really liked it
Apr 12, 2014
Gwenith Knight
Gwenith Knight rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2013
Ellie
Ellie rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2011