Start by marking “What the Other Mothers Know: A Practical Guide to Child Rearing Told in a Really Nice, Funny Way That Won't Make You Feel Like a Complete Idiot the Way All Those Other Parenting Books Do” as Want to Read:

Written by three mothers who've been through it all, What the Other Mothers Know gives you straight, funny, realistic talk on:

getting drool stains out of clothing
finding the perfect babysitter and maintaining her loyalty
taking car trips with toddlers
recognizing how to set limits and holding to them
sucking up to preschool directors
keeping your child off ihatemymom.com
And mu
Published April 10th 2007 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about What the Other Mothers Know, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What the Other Mothers Know

Jane
May 10, 2009 Jane rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: nobody I know
i don't know who this book is for - people who live in California? It was kind of okay, in a "I enjoy reading about different cultures" kind of way until this part, near the end, where they advise (in very strong terms) not to breast-feed in public at a wedding or other party. REALLY? Would they say "don't give a bottle"? UGH. I was done after that.
Vee
Jun 25, 2010 Vee rated it liked it
Shelves: drew
Cute book. More geared towards moms of toddlers and school aged children. Some baby tips. VERY VERY FUNNY in some parts. I enjoyed the packing lists and the testimonials.
Bethany
Sep 03, 2009 Bethany rated it did not like it
The humor was somewhat lame and the advice was mostly obvious. I spent about 10 minutes skimming through it and that was enough for me.
Cris
Aug 01, 2012 Cris rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I picked up this book looking to refresh my memory on toddler management with my third child. It lived up to its promise in the sense that it is a good book for working women to access and quickly delve into tricks of the motherhood trade from babe to high school. It is a good book in terms of the baby basics with handy lists at the end and full of quoted advice throughout. However, its focus is very narrow. It really is going to appeal to mothers in a very competitive materialistic, private sch ...more
Kaye
Sep 30, 2010 Kaye rated it really liked it
This book is funny, and full of useful tips. It is best read in snippets, rather than a straight read through. In my pregnancy, brushing my teeth has made me nauseous, but I managed to keep up my dental hygiene by reading this while I brushed, which was a sufficiently useful distraction. I'm sure the authors never envisioned this as a use for their book, but it worked for me, and I learned while I read.
Holly
Nov 08, 2010 Holly rated it it was ok
A few snippets of practical advice, a lot that should be obvious to anyone with good sense and/or manners, and some other stuff that probably only applies if you are in a certain income bracket. Not really worth reading. For browsing in the office of your Ob/Gyn only.
Jackie
Aug 14, 2010 Jackie rated it really liked it
I bought this to get ideas for research on what kind of book I could write on what the MoMs of multiples know. Witty and funny at the same time.
Julie
May 01, 2008 Julie rated it it was ok
Honestly, I only got about 20 or 30 pages in... it was amusing, but so how didn't how my attention...
Monica
Nov 01, 2009 Monica rated it really liked it
Funny and to the point about real issues not covered in most baby care books.
donewithdora
Jun 24, 2015 donewithdora rated it really liked it
Shelves: parentness
An easy, pleasant, helpful, practical read. Glad I found it!
Cj
May 24, 2010 Cj rated it did not like it
Another funny one. Enjoying it so far.
Ruby
Aug 17, 2011 Ruby rated it liked it
it was cool as
نور قزاز
نور قزاز rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2016
Shanna
Shanna marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2016
Danie Williams-Rivera
Danie Williams-Rivera rated it it was ok
Jun 04, 2016
Tia
Tia is currently reading it
May 22, 2016
FSN
FSN marked it as to-read
May 06, 2016
Amanda Ramsby
Amanda Ramsby marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2015
Aarti
Aarti rated it did not like it
Nov 17, 2015
Julia
Julia added it
Nov 03, 2015
ravi
ravi marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
Virginia
Virginia marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
morgan futchi
morgan futchi marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Kathryn
Kathryn rated it liked it
Dec 10, 2014
Wendy
Wendy added it
Jan 31, 2014
Cass faulknor-Sharp
Cass faulknor-Sharp marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2013