Start by marking “All I Need Is Jesus & a Good Pair of Jeans: The Tired Supergirl's Search for Grace” as Want to Read:

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  136 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Women everywhere feel pressured to have perfect Christian lives, perfect family lives, and to look perfect in their jeans. Instead of feeling good about themselves, most of them just feel like tired supergirls, living in the gap between who they are and who they long to be.
Susanna Foth Aughtmon honestly confesses her battles with pride, worry, fatigue, beauty, jealousy, a
Published January 1st 2009 by Fleming H. Revell Company

To ask other readers questions about All I Need Is Jesus & a Good Pair of Jeans, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All I Need Is Jesus & a Good Pair of Jeans

Heather Pulley
I read this book first because it is written by the daughter of one of our pastors and second because it sounded "light". Sometimes Christian books are just too deep and I need something more on my level! And while it was light and fun, it also gave me some good things to think about. I appreciated the author's honesty about herself and I am amazed at the huge list of "confessions" she came up with, all of which I also struggle with. The tone of the book is very conversational and she is easy to ...more
Adams' Country Retreat
Such an enjoyable compliation of real-life experiences, thoughts, and challenges faced by women of today. It is written in a humorous style by a pastor's wife and mother of three. Most women will be able to relate to "the tired supergirl" struggles concerning everyday life. She embraces sincere honesty which makes the book a gem. She reminds us that in the end all that matters is that with Jesus "nothing is impossible."
Kim
After seeing post about this book on a Facebook status, I wanted to give it a try. Aughtmon is a mother of 3 and a Pastors wife. This book is a faith based book and each paged is about finding Jesus with in you, and learning how to live in Jesus's name.
I find my self to be a religious person but the style of writing did not appeal to me. The book focused on the idea of a woman being a "supergirl" and the idea of battling "villains" through the word of the bible. I think that the message of being
Jean Claudia
This book is a gift of a friend and I am very much thankful to have it. Sometimes, you have to read a book that will make you wonder about your thoughts and doings. And thid is one of those books.

I am a tired supergirl but I knew Jesus will always be there. You have to reach out to Him, accept Him, love Him, and you have to bear in your mind, that He will never leave you. And thank you for this book. Very light but straight from the heart.
Melissa
I really felt like this author wrote this book for me. I absolutely loved it. I think as Christians, we get so caught up in being perfect...we make ourselves tired. Heaven forbid that anyone ever see the junk we have going on in our personal lives. This was a refreshing look at many of the feelings women (whether Christian or not) feel, and a biblical approach and HOPE that we can work towards not being a quite so tired Supergirl.

Lainy Lane
There were quite a few good points throughout the book, the overall message was a good one. Cute, quirky jokes throughout to keep you entertained overall. I think the chapters were very short and could have been expanded on. The writing was decent, but stood room for improvement. Overall it was good and I while I might not out and out tell someone to read it, if I were specifically asked I would say it was a good book to read.
Nicole
it was a good read. Some parts made me laugh as I could relate to some of them.
Abby
My mil gave this book to me; the author is a family friend. I liked the warm and witty writing style, and agree with the general thesis. She lists an incredible number of faults we all have- I was starting to feel a bit beaten down, honestly- but not enough real follow up. "Get with Jesus" and "Be like Jesus" are genuine solutions, but so much easier said than done, at least for me.
Mendy
My father-in-law gave me this book based solely on the title and I throughly enjoyed it. I would give it 4 1/2 stars if that was possible. The chapters were short, concise, funny, and dead on to what most mothers/women deal with on a daily basis. There were many times I was reading it thinking, this chick is in my head.
Kirsten
This book is "good" in that it covers a little bit of everything, but there wasn't anything in it I hadn't heard before. Its strength, though, was the humor. Its a rare thing to find a honest writer who is witty, and to the point as well as Godly.

I recommend this read for new moms or younger women.
Kimberly Simpson
I loved this book. It really helped me to understand Jesus as a person. Can't wait to read her other books.
Leslie
A fun read about all the things we struggle with as women in America. I laughed a lot, with the book. Written for the Christian female, but anyone can get something out of it, even if it is just shared struggle.
Nicole
This book is perfect for a mom's group or women's book club. It is easy to read. Light. And the chapters are short. An encouraging Christian book that will challenge your daily life a little along the way.
Michelle Palmer
Great Practical stuff, did some good "toe stepping" also. Now when I notice these things rising up and can take care of them.
Cynthia
This is our next book club selection. It gave me a lot to think about in terms of who I am and who I want to be.
Cindy Nanney
I recommend this book for anyone with any stress in their lives (should cover us all) A great inspiration for me
Lindsey
I enjoyed the book, but the discussion regarding it was even better! Great for a fun women's study!
Michele Misiak
This book makes you feel like your not alone in stumbling through life and God!
Pauline Ezra
Practical. Honest. Realistic. I love it! I could relate to every chapter.
Mary
Love this, can totally relate! Spiritually practical (if that exists)
Rochelle Medrano
For me, the book has still a lot of room for improvement.
Jihan  Baluyut
Jihan Baluyut is currently reading it
Jul 22, 2015
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
Marie Nicol
Marie Nicol marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Candice
Candice marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
G
G marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Christian Fiction...: April/May Nonfiction Group Read 8 35 May 16, 2012 01:39PM
  • Ten Lies The Church Tells Women: How the Bible Has Been Misused to Keep Women in Spiritual Bondage
  • It's No Secret: Revealing Divine Truths Every Woman Should Know
  • The God Box
  • Pilgrimage: My Journey to a Deeper Faith in the Land Where Jesus Walked
  • Every Single Woman's Battle: Guarding Your Heart and Mind Against Sexual and Emotional Compromise (The Every Man Series) Workbook
  • Return to Harmony
  • Warrior Poet: Before David Was King
  • The Myth of Certainty: The Reflective Christian and the Risk of Commitment
  • I Have Loved You: Getting to Know the Father's Heart
  • Ruby Slippers: How the Soul of a Woman Brings Her Home
  • Here and Now...There and Then: A Lecture Series on Revelation - Listening Guide
  • Out of the Spin Cycle: Devotions to Lighten Your Mother Load
  • The Gospel According to Starbucks: Living with a Grande Passion
  • Breaking Pride
  • Fill These Hearts: God, Sex, and the Universal Longing
  • Opening the Door to Your God-Sized Dream: 40 Days of Encouragement for Your Heart
  • Dear Jesus: Seeking His Life in Your Life
  • How to Get a Date Worth Keeping
Author and speaker Susanna Foth Aughtmon is the mother of three and the wife of Scott, the lead pastor of Pathway Church, in Redwood City, California. Using humor, authenticity, and the truth of scripture, she connects with her readers through her many books including, I Blame Eve: Freedom from Perfectionism, Control Issues and the Tendency to Listen to Talking Snakes.
More about Susanna Foth Aughtmon...
I Blame Eve: Reclaiming the Freedom We Lost in the Garden My Bangs Look Good and Other Lies I Tell Myself: The Tired Supergirl's Search for Truth Expectant Blessings: Prayers, Poems, and Devotions For You and Your Baby Need You Now: A Story of Hope Chasing God: One Man's Miraculous Journey in the Heart of the City