Start by marking “Nobody's Child” as Want to Read:
Nobody's Child

Nobody's Child

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  120 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Michael Seed's childhood was a daily ordeal of unspeakable neglect, misery, and abuse from an alcoholic father whose tyranny ruined his son’s formative years and drove his wife to suicide. On a daily basis both Michael and his mother would fall under the man’s wrath, and one awful night Michael’s father began sexually abusing his son, a trend that would continue for years. ...more
Published June 2nd 2008 by John Blake (first published June 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Nobody's Child, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nobody's Child

If I were to suggest books for friends to read, this would not be one of them.
I don't understand how I read it all, I suppose in some strange way it was captivating, but not in the "well written, amazing story" type way. It was more that I wanted to see if things got worse for this guy or not. It was just miserable, the entire time, I dont remember ever feeling so joyless when reading a book before.
I suppose it is human nature to be curious of things that we dont understand, and that is what I
Was a good book - but sad. Hard to continue the emotional tie throughout the novel. You feel as if he's speaking from a great distance and trying not to get too close to the story. There is an easy emotional disconnect that might make the novel easier to read, but doesn't help a reader connect on the same level.
Aug 26, 2011 Den rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: true, 2011
Read in one sitting even though after reading the first couple of chapters realised I had read it before. It's a very sad, emotional book showing a very courageous lad who endured so much and was able to come out the other side to help others.
Really heartwarming to see how against all odds and a terribly unhappy childhood one can emerge to do great good - I didn't even mind that his forum was via the Catholic Church as he didn't use the book to preach.
Donna Vernon
Very Sad, I hate the things that this man has been through.
Donna Chadwick
Donna Chadwick marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2015
Alexa Walsh-Ducey
Alexa Walsh-Ducey marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2015
Marietjie Hattingh
Marietjie Hattingh marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2015
Nita Fad
Nita Fad marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2015
Darriane Newberry
Darriane Newberry marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2015
Paris marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2015
kenneth tribe
kenneth tribe marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2015
Anastacia marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2015
Jackie F
Jackie F marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2015
Jo Mills
Jo Mills marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2015
Ashli St denny
Ashli St denny marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2015
Shelby  Bagby
Shelby Bagby marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2015
Michelle Johnson
Michelle Johnson marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2015
Gitte marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2015
Louise marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2015
Tammy Hill
Tammy Hill marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Step Child: A true story of a broken childhood
  • Nobody Came: The Appalling True Story of Brothers Cruelly Abused in a Jersey Care Home
  • Please Don't Make Me Go
  • Helpless: The True Story of a Neglected Girl Betrayed and Exploited by the Neighbour She Trusted
  • Silent Sisters
  • Escaping Daddy
  • Nowhere to Run
  • Hush, Little Baby
  • I Remember, Daddy: The Harrowing True Story of a Daughter Haunted by Memories Too Terrible to Forget
  • When Daddy Comes Home
  • Cry Myself to Sleep
  • Child C: Surviving a Foster Mother's Reign of Terror
  • No One Wants You: A true story of a child forced into prostitution
  • Unbeaten
  • How Could She?
  • I Miss Mummy: The true story of a frightened young girl who is desperate to go home
  • Mummy's Little Girl: A Desperate Race To Save A Lost Child
  • Catch Me Before I Fall
Gift of Assurance: Gift Edition Sinners and Saints: The Irreverent Diaries of Britain's Most Controversial Priest Assurance: An Anthology I Will See You in Heaven Letters from the Heart