Start by marking “Back into Mommy's Tummy” as Want to Read:
Back into Mommy's Tummy

Back into Mommy's Tummy

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  5 reviews
On her fifth birthday, a little girl has an unusual birthday wish. She wants to go back to being a baby in her mother’s tummy. That way she’d never have to go to bed early, and she’d always be close to her mommy. But when she realizes that babies in tummies can’t go to birthday parties or play with their friends, it suddenly doesn’t seem like such a good idea. Could the re ...more
Published October 17th 2005 by Clarion Books (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Back into Mommy's Tummy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Back into Mommy's Tummy

Anica
May 27, 2008 Anica rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: preschoolers
Shelves: children-s-books
A little girl gives her parents some silly reasons why it would be better to be back in mommy's tummy. The parents try to explain to her that she wouldn't get to experience and enjoy life.
The little girl says something like, "but I'm afraid you will you love the new little baby more than me". When I read that line it hit me like a ton of bricks.
I never realized how much children are afraid that a new sibling will completely change their parent's hearts and they won't be loved anymore. I am goin
Romelle
Have you ever had a child say, "I want to go back into your tummy." This picture book addresses that issue and the expectancy of a sibling with tenderness and humor. Theirry Robberecht did a good job in looking through the eye of a child.
Asha Smith
A little girl turns five and tells her mom she wants to go back inside her tummy. The little girl is jealous that her mom is having another baby. this book is great for mew big brothers and sisters to help them understand how much fun being an older sibling can be.
Victoria Vogel
Very sweet book about a child who wants to go back into her mother's tummy because she is expecting a sibling. It's a great, sweet way to acclamate a child to a new baby.
Brooke
One of my favorite Big Sister books we've stumbled across.
Abel
Abel marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Anna Wallace
Anna Wallace marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
Cpljuv
Cpljuv marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2013
Randie
Randie marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2013
Frank
Frank is currently reading it
Dec 20, 2012
Jamie
Jamie added it
May 18, 2012
Elisa
Elisa marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2012
Kelseypearl
Kelseypearl marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2010
Angry Dragon Superhero School I Can't Do Anything Sam Is Never Scared Sarah's Little Ghosts