Start by marking “Back into Mommy's Tummy” as Want to Read:
Back into Mommy's Tummy

Back into Mommy's Tummy

On her fifth birthday, a little girl has an unusual birthday wish. She wants to go back to being a baby in her mother’s tummy. That way she’d never have to go to bed early, and she’d always be close to her mommy. But when she realizes that babies in tummies can’t go to birthday parties or play with their friends, it suddenly doesn’t seem like such a good idea. Could the re ...more
Published October 17th 2005 by Clarion Books (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Back into Mommy's Tummy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Back into Mommy's Tummy

May 27, 2008 Anica rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: preschoolers
Shelves: children-s-books
A little girl gives her parents some silly reasons why it would be better to be back in mommy's tummy. The parents try to explain to her that she wouldn't get to experience and enjoy life.
The little girl says something like, "but I'm afraid you will you love the new little baby more than me". When I read that line it hit me like a ton of bricks.
I never realized how much children are afraid that a new sibling will completely change their parent's hearts and they won't be loved anymore. I am goin
De schrijfstijl is eerder op maat van een volwassen publiek.
De ik-persoon wordt voortdurend afgewisseld met tekst van de moeder. Een ouder leespubliek begrijpt dat zonder veel problemen, maar kleine kinderen vinden dat verwarrend. Kleine kinderen hebben nu eenmaal nog niet geleerd dat, waar de aanhalingstekens van één zin eindigen en de aanhalingstekens van een volgende zin beginnen, je verandert van spreker.

Bepaalde stukken hebben ook meer betekenis voor een volwassene dan een kind. Bijvoorbee
Dione Basseri
So, I never end up liking these "another baby is coming" books, because they don't seem to be all that helpful in allaying the fears of the actual child to whom they're being read. If anything, they could make it worse.

The sentiment and artwork here is sweet, and it will probably please the parents, but the kids? Not so much. Don't go out and buy your fearful child a book about how things are going to be great. SHOW THEM.

If anything, check this out from the library. Don't keep it about the house
Asha Smith
Jan 24, 2011 Asha Smith rated it liked it
A little girl turns five and tells her mom she wants to go back inside her tummy. The little girl is jealous that her mom is having another baby. this book is great for mew big brothers and sisters to help them understand how much fun being an older sibling can be.
Jun 26, 2014 Romelle rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
Have you ever had a child say, "I want to go back into your tummy." This picture book addresses that issue and the expectancy of a sibling with tenderness and humor. Theirry Robberecht did a good job in looking through the eye of a child.
Victoria Vogel
Oct 21, 2010 Victoria Vogel rated it really liked it
Very sweet book about a child who wants to go back into her mother's tummy because she is expecting a sibling. It's a great, sweet way to acclamate a child to a new baby.
Alivia rated it it was ok
Feb 14, 2012
Alana rated it liked it
Dec 13, 2011
Deb Reddy
Deb Reddy rated it it was ok
Jun 25, 2012
Kishawn Tualaulelei
Kishawn Tualaulelei rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2014
Aisha rated it really liked it
Dec 10, 2014
Dec 29, 2012 Brooke rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kiddo-books
One of my favorite Big Sister books we've stumbled across.
Shelly rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2012
Keaton Robertson
Keaton Robertson rated it it was ok
Apr 24, 2016
Amy Murray
Amy Murray rated it liked it
Oct 06, 2010
Isabel rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2012
Kayleigh rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2014
Gabby rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2016
Brena rated it really liked it
May 25, 2015
Sophie rated it really liked it
May 27, 2015
Camila Facundo
Camila Facundo rated it it was amazing
Apr 22, 2011