Start by marking “Sarah's Little Ghosts” as Want to Read:
Sarah's Little Ghosts

Sarah's Little Ghosts

When Sarah breaks her mother's favorite necklace, she lies to cover it up. But the lie isn't the only thing that comes out of her mouth. A little ghost pops out, too! And for every new lie Sarah tells, another ghost appears. There seems to be only one way to get rid of them, but which is scarier: living in your own haunted house, or telling the truth?
Brightly colored, fun
Published October 15th 2007 by Clarion Books (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Sarah's Little Ghosts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sarah's Little Ghosts

Monster
When Sarah breaks her mother’s necklace, her first instinct is to hide it and pretend nothing is wrong. But as soon as the first lie passes her lips, a little ghost pops out of her mouth and starts chanting the words she really ought to say- “I broke your necklace”! Only Sarah can hear and see the ghost, but its mere presence gets in the way of her relationship with her parents. With each lie, another ghost pops out of her mouth, Soon she’s being chased by a horde of chanting, singing ghosts.
The
Savannah
Feb 22, 2017 Savannah rated it really liked it
This book taught an important lesson about telling the truth and dealing with a guilty conscience. In the story, a little girl named Sarah broke her mother's favorite necklace and doesn't tell her. However, little ghosts that shout out the truth show up and keep Sarah from her daily routine. Eventually Sarah tells the truth, and is so relieved when she does, because all of the little ghosts go away and she feels so much better. this book taught a very important lesson in a simple way that was ag ...more
Linda
I thought this was a story about Halloween, but found it really is about telling the truth and dealing with one’s conscience. The ‘ghosts’ which appear are nudges to the little girl Sarah to tell the truth. She has some trouble telling about an accident breaking something, so little ghosts appear urging her to tell the real story. It would make an interesting conversation, yet I wonder about the concreteness of students and seeing ghosts as some kind of strange punishment. I’m not sure I like th ...more
Veronica
Apr 29, 2013 Veronica added it
Shelves: manners
I'm working on creating a booklist for my local public library. This book was one in consideration for this list.

This will be going on my list. It's perfect in every way. It's covers the problems with keeping secrets, doing the wrong thing, and telling the truth. It's a wonderful book to teach about lying and truth, without being hit over the head.

I loved the illustrations and the storyline. Another great addition to my list.
Robin
Oct 27, 2014 Robin rated it it was amazing
A great book about lying.
Randall
Dec 26, 2011 Randall rated it it was amazing
I liked the ghosts and she told the truth to fix the necklase.
Maggie
Nov 17, 2015 Maggie rated it liked it
"Sarah's Little Ghosts" provides a unique story to deliver a lesson about lying. I enjoyed the creative idea and message of the book, but the story was just OK.
Brooke
Apr 10, 2013 Brooke rated it really liked it
Shelves: kiddo-books
great little take on lying
Lynn
Nov 24, 2007 Lynn rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
a book to help with lying
Erin
I love this little story about telling the truth/keeping secrets! I think it is a brilliant way to illustrate the emotional and mental commotion caused by lies. This book is one I must own!
Damien Cowger
Damien Cowger rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2017
Gretchen W
Gretchen W rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2014
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2016
Cordelia Dinsmore
Cordelia Dinsmore rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2014
Ms.Weinfurter
Ms.Weinfurter rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2015
Miranda
Miranda rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2013
Brittany
Brittany rated it it was ok
Oct 25, 2015
Sharon
Sharon rated it liked it
Jun 23, 2011
Amber
Amber rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2015
Caroline
Caroline rated it liked it
Apr 09, 2013
Susan Erhardt
Susan Erhardt rated it it was ok
Nov 27, 2007
Rachael
Rachael rated it it was ok
Jul 11, 2015
Natalie Pietro
Natalie Pietro rated it liked it
Dec 08, 2011
K Leigh
K Leigh rated it it was ok
Oct 26, 2012
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
Oct 07, 2014
Beverly
Beverly rated it liked it
Jun 27, 2012
Jessica Peters
Dec 20, 2015 Jessica Peters rated it liked it
A good book for lessons on lying and/or good secrets versus bad secrets.
Ruth
Ruth rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2012
Brittany
Brittany rated it it was ok
Apr 25, 2013
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Rajib
Rajib marked it as to-read
Tisha Eastep
Tisha Eastep marked it as to-read
Danika Mcguire
Danika Mcguire marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2013
Cyndy
Cyndy added it
Jun 05, 2014
Abel
Abel marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Deb Reddy
Deb Reddy marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Aiyah
Aiyah marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2015