Start by marking “Sarah's Little Ghosts” as Want to Read:
Sarah's Little Ghosts

Sarah's Little Ghosts

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  8 reviews
When Sarah breaks her mother's favorite necklace, she lies to cover it up. But the lie isn't the only thing that comes out of her mouth. A little ghost pops out, too! And for every new lie Sarah tells, another ghost appears. There seems to be only one way to get rid of them, but which is scarier: living in your own haunted house, or telling the truth?
Brightly colored, fun
Published October 15th 2007 by Clarion Books (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Sarah's Little Ghosts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sarah's Little Ghosts

Monster
When Sarah breaks her mother’s necklace, her first instinct is to hide it and pretend nothing is wrong. But as soon as the first lie passes her lips, a little ghost pops out of her mouth and starts chanting the words she really ought to say- “I broke your necklace”! Only Sarah can hear and see the ghost, but its mere presence gets in the way of her relationship with her parents. With each lie, another ghost pops out of her mouth, Soon she’s being chased by a horde of chanting, singing ghosts.
The
Erin
I love this little story about telling the truth/keeping secrets! I think it is a brilliant way to illustrate the emotional and mental commotion caused by lies. This book is one I must own!
Linda
I thought this was a story about Halloween, but found it really is about telling the truth and dealing with one’s conscience. The ‘ghosts’ which appear are nudges to the little girl Sarah to tell the truth. She has some trouble telling about an accident breaking something, so little ghosts appear urging her to tell the real story. It would make an interesting conversation, yet I wonder about the concreteness of students and seeing ghosts as some kind of strange punishment. I’m not sure I like th ...more
Robin
A great book about lying.
Veronica
Apr 29, 2013 Veronica added it
Shelves: manners
I'm working on creating a booklist for my local public library. This book was one in consideration for this list.

This will be going on my list. It's perfect in every way. It's covers the problems with keeping secrets, doing the wrong thing, and telling the truth. It's a wonderful book to teach about lying and truth, without being hit over the head.

I loved the illustrations and the storyline. Another great addition to my list.
Randall
I liked the ghosts and she told the truth to fix the necklase.
Brooke
great little take on lying
Lynn
a book to help with lying
Deb Reddy
Deb Reddy marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Abel
Abel marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Emily
Emily added it
Nov 19, 2013
Danika Mcguire
Danika Mcguire marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2013
Tisha Eastep
Tisha Eastep marked it as to-read
Rajib
Rajib marked it as to-read
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Excellent Book 1 2 Apr 29, 2013 11:05PM
Superhero School Angry Dragon I Can't Do Anything Sam Is Never Scared Sam Tells Stories