Popular Answered Questions
The page about changelings was particularly interesting. I think it might explain some things about my brother. How can I find out more? The last book I managed to find about a changeling was only about a girl and her boyfriend.
it's a great book to use for inspiration for all sorts of character creation activities in literacy.
I have grand ideas of reading the books as read aloud books, whilst looking at the topic of myths and legends and then linking it all to a nice activity of getting the childr ...more
The pictures are a nice mix of watercolor paint and sketches and pencil drawings. The watercolor landscape gives a "real feel" ...more
wish they would write another 'guide' with more 'fantastical creatures'.
2. I learned to much about faeries. I feel like a have a better hold on the fantastical world around me now.
3. The book is great to expand a child's vocabulary. Not only with the names of the faeries but other words the authors use in the book. I even looked up a few words.
4. The pictures are beautiful and fantastic.
5. I've been observing the world around me and looking everywhere for signs of faeries.
6. I own all of the first Spiderwick Chronicles series but I wish I owned this boo ...more
The watercolors; Heavens to Murgatroid, these illustrations are beautiful.
Any writing is simply icing on the tasty cake that is this book. Though it should be noted that the writing itself is in genius little snippets easily read aloud or skipped through. I also liked all the little nods throughout to the original author's mysterious disappearance and how the work was continued.
The reason I gave it only four stars is because there were many fold out pages that easily get tattered. The fold our pages are slightly smaller than all the other pages and so they easily try to fall open and the edges get beat up. I was using a library copy and library books take all kinds of abuse, but ...more