Start by marking “人間、見るべからず” as Want to Read:
人間、見るべからず

人間、見るべからず (The Spiderwick Chronicles - Companion Books)

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  3,428 ratings  ·  134 reviews
『The Field Guide』は、ファンタジー小説「Spiderwick Chronicles」全5巻シリーズの第1弾。主人公は、グレイス家の3人の子どもたち。13歳の長女マロニーと9歳の双子の弟、ジャレッドとサイモンが、ビクトリア朝のお屋敷に引っ越したところから物語は始まる。壁からは、奇妙な音が聞こえ、マロリーがホウキでつつくと中からは…。

「Spiderwick Chronicles」シリーズは、全巻が、グレイス家の3人の子どもたちが著者へ宛てた手紙で始まり、個性的で夢のあるストーリーが続く。「妖精の国の手引書」を発見したり、朝目覚めたらベッドのヘッドボードに髪が結びつけられていたり、次から次へとおこる不思議な出来事にわくわくさせられ、読者は、ページをめくる手が止まらなくなってしまうだろう。

数ページごとにはさまれたペン画の挿絵は、

Published 2004 by Bunkeidō

To ask other readers questions about 人間、見るべからず, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 人間、見るべからず

Steven R. McEvoy
This book, the Arthur Spiderwick Field guide, is lovingly restored and organized by Holly Black and Tony DiTerlizzi. The creatures from the fantastical world around us have been organized by habitat and then alphabetically. It has 28 plates and hundreds of illustrations, with fold-out pages and flip-up pages for even larger illustrations. Each creature's main illustrations list its scale. With lots of side notes and addendums, this is a wonderful book that the young and young at heart can return ...more
NarcissusTea
"A gorgeous book, and fantastic companion to The Spiderwick Chronicles. It's a bit of a misnomer to call it a companion, though, as this is the book that started it all (even if it was published afterwards). The novels are more like an introduction for this book![return][return]I love that it's not only a bestiary (with beautiful illustrations), but that the beasts described within are somewhat unusual. Yes, there is a unicorn, but it doesn't exactly look like a horse with a horn on its head. On ...more
Snorkle
I absolutely love Tony DiTerlizzi's illustrations, even as a teenager I find them wonderfully breathtaking and glorious. I cannot imagine what I would have thought of them as a child, I probably would have been completely flabbergasted. The creatures in this book are very interesting and you can't help but be sucked into this book, completely forgetting where you are, but instead, being immersed in this world, with all sorts of thoughts running around your head. This book was inspiring, it made ...more
Hobbit
I've only read the first of the chronicles but this book is wonderful, such amazing images and witty descriptions. it's the kind of book I'd have poured over for hours as a child. and one I'll definately be having in my class.
it's a great book to use for inspiration for all sorts of character creation activities in literacy.

I have grand ideas of reading the books as read aloud books, whilst looking at the topic of myths and legends and then linking it all to a nice activity of getting the childr
Claire
This picture book is a wonderful guide to the characters and species of the book series Spiderwick Chronicles. It provides a window into the world and fantastical characters developed. There are lovely pictures as well as description and insight into the characters. Also, the book features journal pages from Authur Spiderwick and visits from some other series characters.

The pictures are a nice mix of watercolor paint and sketches and pencil drawings. The watercolor landscape gives a "real feel"
Monet St. Louis
i love this book! i have had it since gr.12 in high school so ... 5 years? it shows its wear, but the art is so organic and beautiful i love it! the descriptions for each creature still intrigue me to read and believe. i often reference this book when reading fantasy novels that don't give descriptions of the creatures.

wish they would write another 'guide' with more 'fantastical creatures'.
Katy Jane
1. LOVED IT.
2. I learned to much about faeries. I feel like a have a better hold on the fantastical world around me now.
3. The book is great to expand a child's vocabulary. Not only with the names of the faeries but other words the authors use in the book. I even looked up a few words.
4. The pictures are beautiful and fantastic.
5. I've been observing the world around me and looking everywhere for signs of faeries.
6. I own all of the first Spiderwick Chronicles series but I wish I owned this boo
Melissa
My daughter checked this out from the library and told me I should read it. I thought it was a great book and perfect for the target audience or anyone who enjoyed the Spiderwick book. It had very good illustrations and I liked how the information about all the fairy was given. Very cute book.
Rhica
I have read this book over fifty times and I never get tired of it. The illustrations are magnificent and intricately wrought. The details about each creature are fascinating, and sometimes I really do believe these creatures exist.
Regina Hunter
Love the art work, extended flip pages. This book is not only for children, but for adults to remember their childhood and to share some fantasy and magic with the world.
Lynette
Tony DiTerlizzi is a master illustrator. All these books are worth having for his artistry alone. They are imaginitive, fun and wonderfully magical.
Kenna *F*cking wiff the DJ*
Love it,

Own it,

Bought it,

Couldn't live without it....

End of story...
Nicole
Dec 06, 2011 Nicole rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: artists/appreciators of fantasy art, children, or anyone who enjoys field guides to the imaginary.
I received this book as a Christmas gift from a family friend soon after the film was released. I was slightly skeptical at first, as I hadn't read the books when I discovered them in high school on the basis that they seemed a too juvenile- though I was quite sure I would have enjoyed the books very much as a child. However, when I began leafing through the book I fell utterly in love. The illustrations are gorgeous, detailed and very imaginative, many seem to me to be entirely unique, wonderfu ...more
Barbara
Feb 12, 2010 Barbara rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who liked the Spiderwick Chronicles
This book was a beautiful companion to the Spiderwick Chronicles. It is a reproduction of Arthur Spiderwick's field guide with detailed notes and drawings of the fantastical creatures of faerie.

The reason I gave it only four stars is because there were many fold out pages that easily get tattered. The fold our pages are slightly smaller than all the other pages and so they easily try to fall open and the edges get beat up. I was using a library copy and library books take all kinds of abuse, but
Therese Bradstreet
I have never read The Spiderwick Chronicles, but I am a fan of fantasy and cryptozoology, so an old friend gave me this book as a present six years ago. I had not read it until just recently. I really enjoyed the pictures, and I think that it is pretty cool that it is done on the style of a real bestiary.
Beth Mosier
We bought this book for the illustrations, which are beautifully done. While I can't really comment to the work as far as the writing, it was just what I was looking for as far as the illistrations.
Kaethe
The art continues to be amazing, as is the overall look of the book, but I wasn't very interested in the actual field guide. what can I say? I like a plot. I use the internets to look things up.
Kristin L.
Wonderfully illustrated, and great to have on hand when reading the series. My daughter and I are rereading the entire set of the Spiderwick books using this as our "guide."
Skylar
A charming companion to the Spiderwick Chronicles, Arthur Spiderwick's Field Guide to the Fantastical World Around You just goes to show how far Ditterlizi and Black threw themselves into this world. Detailed notes and beautiful illustrations on every single one of the creatures that exist in this beautifully vivid world they created for the Spiderwick Chronicles, The Field Guide is an absolute must read for fans of the series, as well as just mythical creature enthusiasts passing by. Everything ...more
Brianne
For anyone who has read the Spiderwick Chronicles or even just watched the movie, this is a must have! Arthur Spiderwick's Field Guide to the Fantastical World Around You is a beautiful replica of the field guide described in the book.

The edition that I have is a hardcover with a built in ribbon bookmark. There are fold out pictures, each more beautiful than the last and Holly Black's descriptions of the fey are incredibly detailed. Black will have you believing that fairy tale creatures walk a
Tati Dengo
This book is a work of art. The absolutely beautiful and detailed illustrations are accompanied by a mock aged look of yellowed pages and rough edges that very expertly set the mood for a believable story. You start to forget that these are fantastical creatures that you're reading about, and it almost feels as if Arthur Spiderwick did indeed exist and travel around collecting this information.

Really, I cannot think of anything at all that would have made this book better. It is perfect.

It is
Leah
Jul 03, 2013 Leah rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Children/Teens into Magical Creatures
Recommended to Leah by: My Mother - Jacqueline Mitchell
To be blunt; this 'field guide' is actually better as a whole than any of the Spiderwick chronicles or storylines following. The books were short and I really only enjoyed them because of the idea of magical creatures.

Then the actual field guide was published. It is amazing! The illustrations are beautiful and there are creatures I hadn't heard of and the information on the creatures was quite unique, even on creatures well-known such as merfolk and griffins.

I still have it now! 'Arthur Spiderw
Francisco Becerra
Gorgeous, beautiful, amazing, delicate, well written, lovable... This is what you expect from reading the novels, and delivers a lot more.
AJ McDial
If you are looking for a definitive anthropomorphous guide to fantastical mythological creatures, this book is definitely it! I got this book for only PHP200+ (roughly $4) at a local bookshop. There's only very minimal wear and missing dust jacket, but the overall appeal of the book is not compromised at all. Hats off to DiTerlizzi's illustrations, very rigorously detailed; and to the overall design of the book. I loved every single page of it. Definitely brought out the kid in me. I'm looking f ...more
Aleksei
Absolutely gorgeous art and well-researched descriptions of the fae from various world mythologies. One of my favorites.
Ketti
I adore this book, put simply. The creatures are completely gorgeous and so imaginative. I especially love the kelpie.
Emelie
I've read all of the original Spiderwick novels. All. And I was a Spiderwick-nerd when my sister bought these books a few years ago and I really enjoyed them. They're funny, exciting, and maybe a little too young for me, but heck! They're awesome! :D

But one of the best parts with the series was.. Arthur Spiderwick's Field Guide to the Fantastical World Around You! Haha, it's awesome.I've always been a supernatural and fantasy-geek, well, then there's no surprise I liked these books :D

But don't
Alleigh Waskie
it was good. it has alot of creautures in it. it was veary weird.i would read it if i were you.
Scott Williams
8916c424-c74a-47b3-8ccb-3eb1a2d57709
  • Goblins!
  • Dragonology: The Complete Book of Dragons (Ologies, #1)
  • The Goblin Companion
  • Secrets of the Gnomes
  • The Discovery of Dragons
  • Fairyopolis: A Flower Fairies Journal
  • Dinotopia: The World Beneath
  • Fantasy Encyclopedia
  • In the Realm of the Never Fairies: The Secret World of Pixie Hollow
  • Fairie-ality: The Fashion Collection from the House of Ellwand
  • The Element Encyclopedia of Magical Creatures: The Ultimate A-Z of Fantastic Beings From Myth and Magic
  • Mythology (Ologies, #5)
  • Voyage of the Basset
  • The Great Encyclopedia Of Faeries
  • Ted
Holly Black is a best-selling author of contemporary fantasy novels for kids, teens, and adults. She is the author of the Modern Faerie Tale series (Tithe, Valiant, and Ironside), The Spiderwick Chronicles (with Tony DiTerlizzi), and The Good Neighbors graphic novels (with Ted Naifeh) The Poison Eaters and Other Stories, a collection of short fiction, and The Curse Worker series (White Cat, Red Gl ...more
More about Holly Black...
Tithe (Modern Faerie Tales, #1) The Field Guide (The Spiderwick Chronicles, #1) Ironside (Modern Faerie Tales, #3) White Cat (Curse Workers, #1) The Seeing Stone (The Spiderwick Chronicles, #2)