Start by marking “The German Air War in Russia” as Want to Read:
The German Air War in Russia

The German Air War in Russia

3.5  ·  Rating Details ·  4 Ratings  ·  1 Review
Dr. Richard Muller has produced a new interpretation of the longest continous air offensive waged by the Luftwaffe. He delineates the shifts in German air strategy as well as the relationship between operational art, aviation technology, and the strategy of the German air force's general staff.
Published September 1st 1992 by Nautical & Aviation Publishing Company of Ame (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about The German Air War in Russia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The German Air War in Russia

Jack
I will admit that I usually do not read about air campaigns much, but I decided to give this one a try. I must admit I am pleasantly surprised and satisfied with this one.

The book discusses the air battles of operations Barbarossa and Blue during the years 1941-1942 which were the high water marks of the Luftwaffe capabilities on the Eastern Front. The German defeats at Stalingrad and Kursk drove the Luftwaffe into an Army-centric organization playing fire brigade to stop Soviet penetrations in
Rich
Rich marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
Magnus Lind
Magnus Lind marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2015
Amskamarakoon
Amskamarakoon marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
Frank Theising
Frank Theising rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2015
John Williams
John Williams marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Tamara Barringer
Tamara Barringer rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2015
Mikkel
Mikkel marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2013
Jul 21, 2011
Lydia
Lydia rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2010
Dr Richard R. Muller is Professor of Airpower History at the Air University of the United States Air Force.
More about Richard R. Muller...