Start by marking “Dog Days” as Want to Read:
Dog Days

Dog Days

Larry can't stop thinking about the growling dog in the alley. He already has three strays in his backyard. How can he afford to take care of another one? When his brother Paul points out a strange mark in the alley, Larry has a mystery to solve. What is the dog protecting? What is really going on in that dark alley?
Published January 1st 2001 by Darby Creek Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Dog Days, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dog Days

Heather
Aug 07, 2013 Heather rated it really liked it
Larry works hard to take care of stray dogs and find them new homes. He gathers cans, papers, and tries to do as many odd jobs as he can. When he finds yet another stray dog (and the first one who growls at him), how can he find the money to save this one, too?

This book shows some great work ethic and creativity for Larry to take care of these dogs without any help from his parents. Even when faced with the disappointment of not getting a paper route he was promised and with the decline in the p
Kim Burean
Aug 10, 2012 Kim Burean rated it liked it
Shelves: realistic, youth
This was a good little book. It's short and would be of interest to pretty much any kid in 3-5th grade.

Larry loves playing baseball, and takes pretty much any opportunity to play pick-up games with his neighborhood friends. His brother, Paul keeps interupting his games to check out a dog in the alley. The dog keeps growling every time they come by, which is unusual for Larry because most dogs love him. He acually takes in lost or stray dogs and feeds them until he finds them homes. However, his
Troy Meany
Jun 27, 2014 Troy Meany rated it really liked it
Kristin
I must say that I was a little disappointed in this book. It did not have the voice, spark, or humor of the other books that he has written. I'd like to say that my more reluctant boy readers ages 9-11 would like it, but I'm not convinced. It's a very subdued story compared to the rest. Just ok.
Mar 20, 2016 Laura rated it liked it
A good book for my struggling 4th grade readers. It has the look and feel of a grade 4 book, with an age-appropriate main character that won't turn off 10 year old readers but with a simple plot they can comprehend. A good find.
Joe
Nov 27, 2011 Joe rated it liked it
Not to bad of a story for younger readers. I;m going to give it to my nine-year-old to see what he thinks. I picked it up because I love David Lubar. And I must say that I was a bit disappointed because it's not as clever ad witty as some of his others. Still, I liked it. It's worth a read.
Ivy
Ivy rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2013
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2010
Diane Hall
Diane Hall rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2015
Beth
Beth rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2015
Frances
Frances rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2011
Russel
Russel rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2012
Michele Cook
Michele Cook rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2014
Kelli
Kelli rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2015
Jenny Sonquist
Jenny Sonquist rated it really liked it
May 04, 2013
Brianna Hiebert
Brianna Hiebert rated it liked it
May 20, 2014
Josh Newhouse
Josh Newhouse rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2009
Qt
Qt rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2014
Judy
Judy rated it it was ok
Jul 22, 2011
Lydia Margaret
Lydia Margaret rated it it was ok
Oct 03, 2016
Nancy Kotkin
Nancy Kotkin rated it really liked it
May 08, 2016
Sherri
Sherri rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2012
Sir
Sir rated it liked it
Oct 04, 2015
Andy McCue
Andy McCue rated it liked it
Feb 04, 2015
Jon
Jon rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2010
Paul A. Klein
Paul A. Klein rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2014
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2012
Bethe
Bethe rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2016
Jess Maggio
Jess Maggio rated it liked it
Apr 21, 2015
Diane
Diane rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2013
What's The Name o...: Boy wanting stray dog thought dog hurt/killed someone [s] 12 109 Sep 16, 2013 07:20PM
20936
David Lubar created a sensation with his debut novel, Hidden Talents, an ALA Best Book for Young Adults. Thousands of kids and educators across the country have voted Hidden Talents onto over twenty state lists. David is also the author of True Talents, the sequel to Hidden Talents; Flip, an ALA Best Book for Young Adults and a VOYA Best Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror selection; several short ...more
More about David Lubar...