Start by marking “Moonlight Becomes You” as Want to Read:
Moonlight Becomes You

Moonlight Becomes You

3.8  ·  Rating Details ·  13,568 Ratings  ·  351 Reviews
Published April 18th 1996 by Simon & Schuster (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Moonlight Becomes You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moonlight Becomes You

Ana M. Román
No ha conseguido atraparme como otros libros de la autora. No sé si es porque ya voy conociendo su estilo pero he sabido desde el primer momento quien era el culpable.

Sin embargo, sí me ha gustado cómo ha ido entretejiendo las otras tramas para que luego todo tuviera un único hilo conductor.
Crystal Starr Light
After the terrible, terrible experience I had with Eleventh Hour (overall assessment: don't read that book even if you are forced to), I had to come back with a decent mystery. I had read Where Are the Children? by Mary Higgins Clark a while back and greatly enjoyed it so figured this one would redeem the genre.

Plot:
Maggie Holloway is a successful photographer in New York. She reunites with her beloved step-mother, Nuala Moore, at a family reunion and is invited to spend two weeks with her step-
Sheila
Mar 02, 2010 Sheila rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another excellent story by MHC and the completion of her entire bibliography for me. I am going to go back and start reading them all again.
Lauren Stoolfire
Not bad, but overall kind of on the forgettable side.
The first three pages in the beginning were great, but it was pretty slow up until the last third of the story. Maggie wasn't all that interesting to read either - not a lot of depth there. And it was pretty easy to work out who the villain was pretty much right out of the gate - not a whole lot of mystery.
I think I would classify this as a light waiting room, bus, or airplane read. I could see this being turned into a low-budget tv movie wi
Arwen
Mar 21, 2011 Arwen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime-suspense
I was disappointed. It's very easy to work out who the villain is, the characters are shallow and really I don't think it's well-written at all. This book is like a holiday romance with a few murders thrown in.
I have read other books by Mary Higgins Clark and don't remember them being as ordinary as this one.
Aparna
Jan 06, 2014 Aparna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is what I call a chilling mystery by Mary Higgins Clark, every bit hers. Yes, as usual there are many characters even here, however, I think she has connected them very well within her brilliant plot.

Maggie Holloway, a successful fashion photographer, gets reunited with her step mother, Nuala Moore, at a party in Manhattan. Nuala, a widow now, reciprocates the feelings and invites Maggie to spend a few weeks at her home in Newport, Rhode Island. However, when Maggie reaches Newport, she fin
Leira Murillo
Jan 04, 2014 Leira Murillo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another must read novel by Ms. Clark. It has been a pleasure to be an avid fan of her works. Thrilling, it kept me guessing from one chapter to another. As expected, the mixture of Ms. Clark's imagination towards the characters was superb but still mysterious. Beginning with Odile Lane, the woman who looked like an empty-brain person and turned out to be easily manipulated, a robot. Earthly desires reigning her heart and mind. Dr. William Lane, the man is full of charm and wisdom behind his impe ...more
Hannah Rush
Maggie Holloway, the main character, finds her long lost stepmother at a party and agrees to come and visit her at her home in Newport, Rhode Island. But when she arrives she finds Nuala (her stepmother) dead in her home. And so sets the scene for this interesting mystery. This will keep you guessing till the end, or nearly the end. I didn't guess who it was till I had about three chapters left. That isn't bad, I have read quite a few where you guessed who the villain was after reading just a fe ...more
Tiana
Nov 03, 2009 Tiana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ir-8th-grade
Moonlight Becomes You, by Mary Higgins Clark is about a photographer named Maggie Holloway. After she is invited to a party and reunites with her widow stepmother. She offers Maggie to come to her house in Rhode Island. When Maggie gets there she is frightend by the sight of her stepmother, Nula, murdered by someone. When Maggie inherited Nulas house, she starts t suspect that her death was in spite of something. Maggie spend her whole time finding out who killed her stepmother and why.

During th
Theresa Leone Davidson
I will not make fun of Clark's novels as I usually do - stupid to do if I am reading them - because as much as they are cotton candy for the brain, without anything meaningful, memorable, or approaching profound, they are always mildly interesting and in a stressful week (state testing for my students) they are a somewhat fun diversion. This novel was about as good as the rest but about one thing I will comment: the last one of her novels I read, On the Street Where You Live, is almost identical ...more
Raymond
Morning Becomes You is a perfect bus ride, waiting room, kind of book. It doesn’t ask too much of you, intellectually, the chapters are short and the plot moves quickly. Overall, a pleasant read, and it would make a reasonably interesting television movie.

A young woman arrives for a pre-arranged re-union with a favored stepmother and finds her dead. She becomes suspicious of a few other deaths at the local nursing home.

The most interesting character in the book is Earl Bateman and this because o
Rita Chapman
Feb 23, 2016 Rita Chapman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Buried alive - everyone's nightmare! Maggie is delighted when she is reunited with her stepmother. However, when before they can catch up again she Nuala is murdered. When Maggie starts to look in to the murder she is led to a nursing home where there have been several recent unexpected deaths. A gripping mystery - Mary Higgings Clark never disappoints!
Elizabeth
All M.H.C. books have the same theme, attractive smart woman as main character unknowingly in a lot of danger while you meet a few attractive male characters. One of the male characters is the killer, the other the love interest and you don't get to know which is which until the end. (If you don't figure it out in the first 3 chapters.)
LJ
MOONLIGHT BECOMES YOU - VG
Clark, Mary Higgins - standalone

Maggie Holloway is unsatisfied with the explanation for her former stepmother's death, and when the residents of a nursing home begin dying suddenly and inexplicably she becomes suspicious. It is only later that she realizes she herself is a target for a twisted killer.

This was one of her best books in awhile. Good suspense.
Brittany
Feb 03, 2009 Brittany rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finished this book last night and I couldn't put it down. I love all of her books because they are all a mystery, but not too scary. The end was very exciting and my heart was pounding as it all unraveled. Great read!
Lisa
Jul 14, 2016 Lisa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Boring and predictable. I have to say that I skimmed through it because I have no time for bad books.
Cathy DuPont
Okay, I liked it and yes, I would read another. But when I can figure out the whodunit, it doesn't say much about the storyline.
Raymond Fundora
Jul 16, 2011 Raymond Fundora rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Even better the second time around. If you haven't read Mary Higgns Clark before, this is a good book to start with.
Elizabeth Noah Astle
Maggie Holloway is reunited with her stepmother whom she had lost contact with years ago. Maggie runs into Nuala Moore her stepmother while attending a friends family reunion. Maggie and Nuala are excited about reconnecting and having a chance to catch up. Before that happens Nuala is murdered in her home. As Maggie is dealing the the tragic loss of Nuala she starts to investigate some odd findings she comes across. Centered around this is Latham Manor. A retirement type place that Nuala suddenl ...more
Jae
Feb 06, 2017 Jae rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
to be honest it's really a 3.5 star rating. But because Goodreads takes a average I gave it a generous 4 star ( I try not to read anything below 3.5 from Goodreads rating)
The writing style comes across as a little old fashioned now but it's still definitely worth the read. Also could be more polished and paced a lot faster but it had charm and I still really enjoyed as escapist fiction.
I haven't read a Mary Higgins Clark book for a long time and I've either got a more critical eye now, as I've
Lynn Demsky
Oct 08, 2016 Lynn Demsky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror, murder
…I found this mystery absolutely intriguing -from page one it catches your attention and holds it through the whole book. In many of Mary Higgins Clark books I find that the first third is sort of drawn out, boring and you wonder why you need all this garbage. - At a Manhattan party, Maggie Holloway, one of the fashion world's most successful photographers - is thrilled to be re-united with her beloved former stepmother. Nuala Moore, a widow is equally delighted to see her long lost stepdaughter ...more
Meghan Hernandez
Excellent book! I love her mystery style of writing
Maggie
Oct 03, 2016 Maggie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Being buried alive, the thought of it makes me ill. Set in the lovely town of Newport, strange things are going on in the Latham seniors residence where several ladies die mysteriously. Maggie finds her long lost step mother at a cocktail party and they plan to meet up in Newport to re-aquaint themselves.
Vanessa Kay
Apr 01, 2014 Vanessa Kay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reaction (Book)
Just like her other books, it introduces a lot of characters which makes it so hard to keep track of. She introduced them in a very detailed way that would make you think he/she was the bad guy. What a great technique eh? Her style of “who done it” never fails to amaze me. Reading it for the second time never gave me the convenience to guess the real suspect. It really just proves that Mary Higgins Clarks’ writing skills is really unpredictable. The title “Americas Queen of Suspen
Melissa
Oct 22, 2012 Melissa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
So this is the first Mary Higgins Clark book that I have read. My first question is, where did the title come from? I totally thought this was going to be a romance (actually not even sure where the book came from, just found it on my shelf). But anyways, it's not a romance, it's a mystery. And I found it average, it took me quite awhile to get into it.

Maggie has just been reunited with her beloved step-mother who went out of her life at an early age when her father and Nuala divorced. Tragicall
Elanor Lessien
Jun 01, 2016 Elanor Lessien rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
J'ai commencé ce roman il y a quatre jours de ça, et malgré le fait qu'il soit pas très épais (il ne fait que 372 pages) je l'ai trouvé vraiment très long à lire. L'édition de mon livre date un peu (1996) et c'est vrai que c'est écrit assez petit ce qui n'arrange pas la lecture, mais je lai enfin terminé.

Je connaissais déjà l'histoire du livre par le téléfilm sur lequel je suis tombée il y a quelques semaines, bien qu'il soit complètement différent du livre, je savais le plus gros du déroulement
Julia
Aug 19, 2012 Julia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Angaben zum Buch
“Mondlicht steht dir gut“ wurde von Mary Higgins Clark geschrieben und ist 1998 im Heyne Verlag erschienem. Das Buch hat 350 Seiten. Das Buch ist ein Kimi in dem es um Liebe und Gewalt geht. '“ Mondlicht steht dir gut“ ist als Einzelbuch erschienen.

Inhaltsangabe
Maggie Holloway ist Fotografin und trifft auf einer Pary von ihrem Bekannten Liam ihre Stiefmutter Nuala Moore wieder. Beide sind so erfreut darüber das sie beschließen Maggies Urlaub in Newprt zu verbringen in Nualas Haus
Srinivasa Ramanujam
Dec 30, 2012 Srinivasa Ramanujam rated it really liked it
No one can predict what will happen the next moment. Nature's way is to surprise us by not revealing us about the future. Our efforts in understanding nature and its ways had made us look into the past and recognize patterns that we believe contains the clue to what lies in ahead of us.

Often times, we chance upon those clues and call them as coincidences. But is it possible to counter a serious of coincidences in any one's life? A look into human history tells us that whenever such a serious of
Nikolas
Mar 11, 2015 Nikolas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In "Moonlight becomes you" by Mary Higgins Clark, a fashion photographer named Maggie Holloway is reunited with her widowed stepmother Nuala Moore. But when Nuala invites Maggie to her home, Maggie discovers that her stepmother had been killed. Maggie is surprised to learn that she was inherited Nuala's house and she begins to believe that her stepmother’s death was part of some master plan. After the death of one of Nuala's friends, Maggie is certain that both deaths are linked together in some ...more
Hannah Rush
  • Silent Night: The Remarkable Christmas Truce of 1914
  • Fleeced (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #5)
  • Let Me Whisper In Your Ear (KEY News #3)
  • The Christmas Box
  • Tell Me No Secrets
  • McNally's Risk (Archy McNally, #3)
Mary Higgins Clark, #1 international and New York Times bestselling author, is the author of 46 books and counting: she’s written thirty-three suspense novels; three collections of short stories; a historical novel, Mount Vernon Love Story; two children’s books, including The Magical Christmas Horse; and a memoir, Kitchen Privileges. She has also written five holiday suspense novels with Carol Hig ...more
More about Mary Higgins Clark...