Start by marking “The Bellini Bride (A Mediterranean Marriage, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Bellini Bride (A Mediterranean Marriage, #1)

The Bellini Bride (A Mediterranean Marriage #1)

Wanted: a suitable bride...

Marco Bellini thinks he has it all: success, wealth...and Antonia -- his beautiful, sensual mistress.Then his father becomes ill, and Marco feels bound to marry and produce an heir to the famous Bellini fortune.

But who should Marco choose as a bride? Antonia isn't suitable, but she's the only woman he wants in his life and his bed. Dare he take h
Published January 1st 2002 by Harlequin Books (first published November 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Bellini Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bellini Bride

KatieV
I usually love Michelle Reid, but this wasn't one of her best IMHO. I was torn on whether to go with a 2 or 3. I suppose it's technically a 2.5.

There were some interesting twists, which gave it that extra .5 stars and Reid always keeps me interested. But my major problem was with the heroine. I'm not so sure she was very bright and, given her background, I think she'd have been more cautious about getting herself into the situation she was in.

Also, the hero was such a belittling ass who very cle
RomReader❤️Spoiler Giver✨
Wealthy Italian businessman's mistress of 1 yr, who's infamous for being the woman in nude paintings of new artist, believes that her r/s with H is at an end. It's no secret that hero thinks she's not appropriate wife material for him b/c of his elite family & her scandalous reputation. But its a struggle for both of them b/c of the passion they feel for each other & heroine has been honest about her love for him. Their r/s is tested when her artist friend comes back in town & hero's ...more
Becky
Moved to 4.5 stars on reread. Awesome drama compared to a lot of the lukewarm crap out there. A hero who loves a woman and isn't a cheater. But the usual cowardly copout on heroine's bad rep. Silly neat fairy tale resolution that never would happen in real life. Would have been so much braver had heroine's reputation been founded in truth and hero loved her anyway. What a dunce that he couldn't tell she was a virgin... There are very few Italian billionaires, even in a booming economy...but her ...more
Samantha
I'm in one of those moods where all I want to do is sit around watching campy 1950's horror movies, like Them!, and reading ridiculous melodramatic serial romances. It’s why I spent close to two hours trolling for Harlequin Presents titles that tickled my fancy. (Even though I'm convinced that nothing can beat Lightning That Lingers which featured a male stripper with a heart of gold who owned a pet owl and used his g-string dollars to fund a nature preserve.) However, The Bellini Bride managed ...more
Booklover
Wonderful Intense story,enjoyed it from pg 1 till the end,wanted to smack Marco sometimes but he did redeem himself and all my anger melted.Antonia adored her one strong woman who stood for whatever she believed and way she fought fair with Marco what ever cruel things for way he treated Antonia made sure she gave him back the taste of his won medicine:)

Wanted to PhotobucketAnton Gabrielli specially the way she hurted and said those cruel words to his own daughter and not a remorse he has for the way he t
Dianna
Dec 31, 2014 Dianna rated it really liked it
Here is an unusual book – Antonia is not Marco’s mistress because she has to financially nurture family members or repair a house – she’s with him because she quite likes the sex. Oh and she’s in love. Marco’s in denial. He first saw Antonia naked in a painting, and he bought the painting and now it’s a famous image on postcards and while he’s thrilled to have the real thing in the flesh, he’s a bit too posh to marry a girl everyone’s seen with her kit off.

Marco and Antonia have a lot of fights
Jenny
Apr 14, 2014 Jenny rated it really liked it
Soo much angst, drama and intensity. Unsuitable mistress isn't wife material but she and hero love each other so much u can feel their pain at not being able to really be together. Heroine's secrets came as a shock to me and hero's final act of love and devotion was super romantic. Great book that only needed a better epilogue!
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Nov 22, 2010 Alexis-Morgan Roark rated it really liked it
Wow! Again! What a story! Talk about pulling no punches, in your face drama, passion, and intriuge. I really disliked the hero at the beginning with his claims of not loving her given her past. Idiot! I found myself, however, cheering for him, for them. A beautiful love story.
Karla
Aug 25, 2013 Karla rated it liked it
Shelves: category-romance
I am frequently frustrated by category romances and this book, because it is better than average, represents why.

This book was a bit deeper than I would expect from a category romance. The reader begins with certain assumptions, which the author neatly turns on their ends halfway through the book. The author's plot offered a few enjoyable surprises. However the characters were very stereotypical for category romance -- a jerky, arrogant billionaire, and a weak, spineless, silly heroine -- and he
LuvGirl
The heroine mistress theme is one of my favorite tropes, so I was eating this up in the beginning. I loved that the leads argued and fight like real couples. They were an interesting pair that had lots of chemistry together. By the middle though, the hero was a little too insecure for my taste and the heroine never gave me the satisfaction of leaving him after he would put her down in the worst ways and say some really hurtful things to her. When did she decide to walk away? When he was ready to ...more
JG
You know how ONE book can ruin an author for you? yeah, this is one of those books.
Hero is an asshole and heroine is a weakling. Their relationship is nothing but painful farce with thousands of sex to make everything oh so better! yeay!
Melanie♥
4.5 stars.
I rated this 4 stars when I first read it back in 2010. I just did a re-read and upped my rating. Loved this intense, wonderful story!
Carmen
Mar 19, 2012 Carmen rated it really liked it
It took a long time for the hero Marco to relnquinsh his insecurities regarding Antonia's past. Almost too long. I gave the extra star to Antonia for being such a lovely, caring heroine.
Corandra
Jan 30, 2016 Corandra rated it really liked it

"Amante o esposa"

StMargarets
A picture is worth a thousand words. Unfortunately, in this case the picture, (a nude painting of the heroine)is a thousand words of misunderstandings and lies of omission. Not my favorite conflict in a romance. However, this is Michelle Reid - the writing and the intensity of the story did sweep me along. I just never warmed up to either the H/h.

The H/h have been dating/living together for a year. H is a rich Italian business man and art collector. The heroine is his longest running mistress -
Gail
The hero is the Italian scion of a wealthy family, whose mistress (the heroine) was the model for a famous artist who painted her many times in the nude. His father is ill, and pressure is mounting for him to marry. He can't bring himself to give up the heroine, but he can't bring himself to marry her either, because of that scandalous past. Their relationship is full of those fights Italians are famous for--he insults her because of her past, she reacts, they fight, he apologizes-very nicely-an ...more
Fiona Marsden
Aug 28, 2012 Fiona Marsden rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Angsty romance fans
Recommended to Fiona by: Author preference
Marco Bellini is the typical gorgeous millionaire Italian alpha male Michelle Reid does so well. Antonia is his mistress, note that is mistress not lover, clearly defined. The reason for this is that Antonia is notorious for being the artists model and presumed mistress of Stefan Kransky who is known for his nude portraiture. She is therefore not suitable as a potential bride for a Bellini. Unfortunately Marco is under pressure to marry and he seriously doesn't want anyone else. But he knows Ant ...more
Nenya
Aug 18, 2015 Nenya rated it really liked it
Surprise surprise, no hidden pregnancy, baby surprise, or ow involved. Well, there is one ow (Louisa) that we run across in both public parties, but not much of machinations and tensions arising from that.

So on the plus side, this novel is all about the relationship between H and h, jealousy, trust, insight, whatever. On the minus side, it's a little light on actual emotions. I mean, they are so contrived that it's rather hard to take it seriously.

And the big revelations seemed rather contrived
Alyssa
I really should not have enjoyed this book as much as I did. Marco is a spoiled, selfish and chauvinistic brat who takes pride in knowing the heroine is wrapped around his little finger. Antonia has next to no pride, always, ALWAYS gives into the hero, and lies about silly things. The plot consists of them exchanging nasty barbs, the hero aiming the lowest blow, the heroine storming off in tears, the hero arrogantly sexing his way into forgiveness... wash, rinse and repeat. Some secrets are reve ...more
HÜLYA
Aug 06, 2012 HÜLYA rated it liked it
Aynadaki Kadın Michelle Reid

Michelle reid'de çok sevdiğim yazarlardan gün geçtikçe kalemini daha çok sevmekteyim..Bu ay ki
Classic serisinin ikinci hikayesi ona aitti..Çok gizemli,egzotik bir hikaye idi..

Marco Bellini İtalyan Cemiyetinin en ünlü ailelerinden birinin bir feri ile bir yıldır birlikte olduğu sevgilisine çok düşkündü..Onunla her bakımdan tamamlandığını hissediyordu..Ama iş evliliğe gelince bu durum biraz karışıktı..Çünkü Antoinia'nın geçmişi evliliğe izin vermeyecek cinstendi..
İkisi
Bridie Coleman
Nov 09, 2011 Bridie Coleman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I picked this book up following my reading of Sharon Kendrick's The Sicilian's Passion as recommended in a short series called Passion. Well passion is definitely what you get together with emotion and complex characters and a story that will make you cry (well it made me cry which isn't hard!) but with a fabulous ending as befits M&B. Great writing and I just have to read more of Michelle's books based on this. Recommended
Marj
Jul 18, 2012 Marj rated it really liked it
Tracie
Jan 27, 2012 Tracie rated it really liked it
This book was intense. For about 2/3 of the book I wanted the H/h to be apart. I honestly couldn't see any love or romance between them. The writing was still very good and I was invested in finding out what would happen to both of them and how it would work out.

By the end I was sufficiently satisfied that the H was in love with the h and loved his groveling. Great book!
Ms Fine
Sep 20, 2013 Ms Fine rated it it was amazing
I read this again.. I swear I may have read an updated version. The ending on the first one I read was very abrupt. This time it was not hurried and the ending was perfect. I wondered what happened to his mother after she humiliated Antonia. I so liked the ending. There was closure, Antonia felt loved, wanted and appreciated.
April Brookshire
Nov 19, 2014 April Brookshire rated it liked it
Shelves: harlequin
Very well-written and interesting. Twists and turns, but I wish the hero would have had to suffer without the hero for a period of time. He'd really taken her for granted for the first year of their relationship. The ending was weird with the portraits revealing, but whatever.
McKenna
I have to say I loved this book. I know the hero can be an arrogant jerk but lets face it most Presents heroes are that way. But this heroine thought not perfect in her own right finds more and more strength through out the story.
Reinita Afif Aulia
Not a lover, but a mistress. Marco hadn't married yet but he's not sure about his feeling to Antonia though she really loved him.

This story is about how important truth and communication is. But, well, it's just not my thing.
Tiger
Soo much angst! and Sex! which is good!
The Hero truly loves the Heroine and vice versa.
I like the fact that the story revolved on just the two of them, with the supporting characters staying at the background :)
I will probably read this again :)
Tressa
Sep 07, 2015 Tressa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
The Bellini Bride picks up during a rough patch in Antonia and Marco’s year-long relationship. Personally, I found both characters high-maintenance and exhausting, but they obviously were well-matched. I enjoyed reading the story.
Stephanie Jafta
Apr 16, 2015 Stephanie Jafta rated it it was ok
I enjoyed the book, but I found some areas to be slow. However, the passion and love between Marco and Antonia made up for it.
  • The Secret Wife
  • The Sicilian's Christmas Bride
  • The Italian's Stolen Bride
  • Once a Ferrara Wife... (Ferrara, #1)
  • The Greek's Christmas Baby (Kouros Brothers Duo, #2; Greek Tycoons, #3)
  • The Devil's Heart
  • Love Conspiracy
  • The Italian's Defiant Mistress (Modern Romance)
Hi, my name is Michelle Reid and I’ve been writing for Harlequin Mills & Boon for the last twenty years, and the crazy part about it is that I only realised it had been twenty years while updating this page!

So, hang on for a minute while I take this huge milestone in....

Twenty years with almost forty books published or in the pipeline ... I know it isn’t a great average when compared with some
More about Michelle Reid...

A Mediterranean Marriage (9 books)
  • The Italian's Wife
  • Sang Pengantin Italia / The Italian's Bride (A Mediterranean Marriage #3)
  • A Mediterranean Marriage (A Mediterranean Marriage #4)
  • Pernikahan Pura-Pura (A Mediterranean Marriage #5)
  • The Greek's Chosen Wife (A Mediterranean Marriage #6)
  • Blackmailed by Diamonds, Bound by Marriage (A Mediterranean Marriage #7)
  • The Spaniard's Marriage Demand  (A Mediterranean Marriage #8)
  • Aristides' Convenient Wife  (A Mediterranean Marriage #9)