Start by marking “Adventures of an Ice Princess” as Want to Read:
Adventures of an Ice Princess
Preview

Adventures of an Ice Princess

2.56 of 5 stars 2.56  ·  rating details  ·  94 ratings  ·  18 reviews
From the author of What a Girl Wants...Clarissa Schneckberg has lost her job, her boyfriend, and her sanity. But just when life appears to be heading south, she decides to really head south--to Antarctica, where the male-to-female ratio is something like four-to-one. Now, the only place she hasn't looked for love is the one place where she may be most likely to find it.
Published October 5th 2004 by NAL Trade

To ask other readers questions about Adventures of an Ice Princess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Adventures of an Ice Princess

I've Got Your Number by Sophie KinsellaCan You Keep a Secret? by Sophie KinsellaThe Undomestic Goddess by Sophie KinsellaThe Law of Attraction by N.M. SilberRemember Me? by Sophie Kinsella
No Young Adult Best Chick Lit Reads
211th out of 317 books — 325 voters
Chasing Athens by Marissa TejadaThe Bad Girls' Club by Kathryn O'HalloranExpiration Dating by G.T. MarieFairway to Heaven by Lily MaloneThe Village Bride of Beverly Hills by Kavita Daswani
Foreign Chick Lit
62nd out of 74 books — 23 voters

More lists with this book...

Krista
Such a slow read. It took me days to complete just because I had to force myself to keep reading. I skipped chunks of writing and still nothing had happened. Would not recommend.
Jenni Baudoin
Had to stop reading. To superficial and shallow.
JoAnne
Not the typical book I would read but needed it for several challenges - one being to read a book set in Antarctica.

Three ditzy friends leave their jobs and homes behind and head to Antarctica. Mainly slapstick and of a teen type TV show. A few laughs but no depth to the characters or story.
Darcy
The only reason why I picked up this book was because I needed a book set in Antarctica for a challenge. In fact, had I not needed to finish the book for that I would have dnf'ed this one as it is dreadful!

The three friends were the epitome of vapid and vain, how they managed to make it on the team for Antarctica was beyond me. Each of them were TSTL, I kept hoping that something would happen and they would end up killing themselves, but it just didn't happen.

I hate to say it, but with this bo
Suzanne
I would give this book 2.5 stars. I really wanted to like it. I recently got laid off, I'm trying to find love, and I've always been interested in going to Antarctica, even though I hate cold weather. However, this story was just not interesting. Also, I expected there to be more about Antarctica, especially since the author has actually been there.

Also, just a couple pet peeves... I noticed quite a few typos. In addition, I prefer books written in the first person.

I have to say, the cover is
Pbwritr
My daughter gave me this for my 50th birthday and I didn't understand at first that it's set in Antarctica. She said it was part of her princess theme for my birthday!! The author spent 2 summers in Antarctica writing the novel, which I've suggested I could do and I've even looked into! It was a quick read, although it was a frothy book. Still, I thoroughly enjoyed the concept. If you sign up to go to Antarctica and your job can change after you get there, as this book suggests, that is definite ...more
Tiffany Dvorske
This book is cute and funny, but the author "lays it on thick," and after a while the cute and funny stuff began to feel cloying to me. It might be just right for you.

Despite my feeling that the author was overdoing it, and despite the fact that there are parts of the plot that I find implausible, the book was fun enough to keep me reading. This is a good airplane read or beach read, and it doesn't try to pretend that it's anything more than that.
Lyndie Strawbridge

Amy
Trade PB/I've read Maverick's futuristic fantasy & fantasy books and I really enjoyed most of them. This one did not have any guts to it. There was no real plot: somewhat competent woman is jilted and joins her two laid-off friends to an adventure to the Antarctic where she loses all her backbone. She doesn't really grow as a person; her friends do. Her exploits and mistakes would have gotten her thrown off the continent.
Jul 18, 2008 Laura rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: no one i know
i started this last night because i had nothing else to read and needed something. it is as bad as i expected it to be, but slightly entertaining. much lower quality than the usual trash i read.

and a month later i have read about half of this book and it is so stupid even i can't stand it. i'm glad that i paid $3 for it... it's only worth about $.50
Dawn (Kat N Hat)
Well, it was listed with romance, the cover says she is looking for love... but there was no real romance in this book.

It was a cute lil story of self awareness, it is good to see a girl realizing she is powerful on her own and doesn't need a man.
Kathleen
Another fun book picked up on a whim at Half Price Books. It worked well for me with the basic plot line since I've had trouble staying on my career path.
Phee Sunantarod
I'm sorry. I found it's not for me. Well, I read the Thai version, so maybe it was about translation. I don't know. But I didn't like it at all.
Kelly
So girly and pretty mindless. Didn't offer much to think about but killed some time. More like 2.5.
Kelly Pow
the book has all the potentials to be developed into something better. not worth reading overall
Vicki
Lots of girlie drama...not really my thing. But it was a quick and easy read.
Faye
May 07, 2007 Faye rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: singletons
Kind of fun, kind of disappointing. Worth reading.
Leslie
Aug 18, 2009 Leslie added it
quick summer read
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Katherine
Katherine marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2015
Gizmo4us
Gizmo4us marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Monika Vuic
Monika Vuic marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Bestselling, award-winning author Liz Maverick is a novelist, adventurer and odd jobs specialist whose contract assignments have taken her from driving trucks in Antarctica to working behind the scenes on reality TV shows in Hollywood. She holds a BS from UC Berkeley, a CPA, and an MBA from UCLA.
Liz is known for writing out-of-the-box romance novels with fast-paced, unique plots and lots of kick-
More about Liz Maverick...
Crimson City (Crimson City, #1) Crimson Rogue (Crimson City, #6) Shards of Crimson (Crimson City, #7) The Shadow Runners (2176 Series, #3) Crimson & Steam (Crimson City, #8)