Start by marking “Adventures of an Ice Princess” as Want to Read:
Adventures of an Ice Princess

Adventures of an Ice Princess

From the author of What a Girl Wants...Clarissa Schneckberg has lost her job, her boyfriend, and her sanity. But just when life appears to be heading south, she decides to really head south--to Antarctica, where the male-to-female ratio is something like four-to-one. Now, the only place she hasn't looked for love is the one place where she may be most likely to find it.
Published October 5th 2004 by NAL Trade

To ask other readers questions about Adventures of an Ice Princess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Adventures of an Ice Princess

May 03, 2016 Sarah rated it liked it
I needed this book for a book set in Antarctica for a book challenge. I also really needed something that was a bit silly and very fluffy after some pretty heavy reading. I definitely got what I expected. The characters are shallow, ridiculous and very silly. their main goals are to: 1) Get over a man, 2) "deal" with being single, 3) "find" themselves by taking some crazy trip they are not cut out to take. They get to go to Antarctica because the men want to have some pretty girls f9r the sake o ...more
Kiki
Jun 07, 2010 Kiki rated it did not like it
Such a slow read. It took me days to complete just because I had to force myself to keep reading. I skipped chunks of writing and still nothing had happened. Would not recommend.
Jenni Baudoin
Dec 15, 2009 Jenni Baudoin rated it it was amazing
Had to stop reading. To superficial and shallow.
Carlee
Jan 03, 2016 Carlee rated it it was ok
Adventures of an Ice Princess is another chic-lit book where the heroine, down-and-out, ends up in a situation she never would have imagined. Clarissa loses her boyfriend (he dumps her for a "platonic" friend with great hair and matching shoes) and her job (she quits because she thinks the said boyfriend will propose) at precisely the same time her two best friends also end up jobless. The three decide to embark on an adventure to regain their confidence and sign up to go to Antarctica. Will the ...more
Darcy
Dec 29, 2012 Darcy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book, 2012, chick-lit
The only reason why I picked up this book was because I needed a book set in Antarctica for a challenge. In fact, had I not needed to finish the book for that I would have dnf'ed this one as it is dreadful!

The three friends were the epitome of vapid and vain, how they managed to make it on the team for Antarctica was beyond me. Each of them were TSTL, I kept hoping that something would happen and they would end up killing themselves, but it just didn't happen.

I hate to say it, but with this bo
Pbwritr
Feb 09, 2010 Pbwritr rated it liked it
Shelves: frothy-novels
My daughter gave me this for my 50th birthday and I didn't understand at first that it's set in Antarctica. She said it was part of her princess theme for my birthday!! The author spent 2 summers in Antarctica writing the novel, which I've suggested I could do and I've even looked into! It was a quick read, although it was a frothy book. Still, I thoroughly enjoyed the concept. If you sign up to go to Antarctica and your job can change after you get there, as this book suggests, that is definite ...more
Suzanne
May 28, 2009 Suzanne rated it it was ok
I would give this book 2.5 stars. I really wanted to like it. I recently got laid off, I'm trying to find love, and I've always been interested in going to Antarctica, even though I hate cold weather. However, this story was just not interesting. Also, I expected there to be more about Antarctica, especially since the author has actually been there.

Also, just a couple pet peeves... I noticed quite a few typos. In addition, I prefer books written in the first person.

I have to say, the cover is
Tiffany
Jun 12, 2011 Tiffany rated it liked it
This book is cute and funny, but the author "lays it on thick," and after a while the cute and funny stuff began to feel cloying to me. It might be just right for you.

Despite my feeling that the author was overdoing it, and despite the fact that there are parts of the plot that I find implausible, the book was fun enough to keep me reading. This is a good airplane read or beach read, and it doesn't try to pretend that it's anything more than that.
Amy
Jul 30, 2010 Amy rated it it was ok
Trade PB/I've read Maverick's futuristic fantasy & fantasy books and I really enjoyed most of them. This one did not have any guts to it. There was no real plot: somewhat competent woman is jilted and joins her two laid-off friends to an adventure to the Antarctic where she loses all her backbone. She doesn't really grow as a person; her friends do. Her exploits and mistakes would have gotten her thrown off the continent.
Aug 07, 2007 Laura rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: no one i know
i started this last night because i had nothing else to read and needed something. it is as bad as i expected it to be, but slightly entertaining. much lower quality than the usual trash i read.

and a month later i have read about half of this book and it is so stupid even i can't stand it. i'm glad that i paid $3 for it... it's only worth about $.50
Al
Oct 11, 2016 Al rated it really liked it
Very good book. I did not give it 5 stars because I felt that the leap from feeling helpless and lost to the the end was a big leap. Good characters. Plot was good but with some almost unbelievable leaps.
Dawn (Kat N Hat)
Nov 22, 2011 Dawn (Kat N Hat) rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, other
Well, it was listed with romance, the cover says she is looking for love... but there was no real romance in this book.

It was a cute lil story of self awareness, it is good to see a girl realizing she is powerful on her own and doesn't need a man.
JoAnne
Mar 17, 2015 JoAnne rated it it was ok
Not the typical book I would read but needed it for several challenges - one being to read a book set in Antarctica.

Three ditzy friends leave their jobs and homes behind and head to Antarctica. Mainly slapstick and of a teen type TV show. A few laughs but no depth to the characters or story.
Kelly
Dec 01, 2009 Kelly rated it it was ok
So girly and pretty mindless. Didn't offer much to think about but killed some time. More like 2.5.
Vicki
Apr 11, 2013 Vicki rated it it was ok
Lots of girlie drama...not really my thing. But it was a quick and easy read.
Faye
May 07, 2007 Faye rated it liked it
Recommends it for: singletons
Kind of fun, kind of disappointing. Worth reading.
Kelly Pow
the book has all the potentials to be developed into something better. not worth reading overall
Leslie
Aug 18, 2009 Leslie added it
quick summer read
Kathleen
Dec 03, 2008 Kathleen rated it really liked it
Another fun book picked up on a whim at Half Price Books. It worked well for me with the basic plot line since I've had trouble staying on my career path.
Phee Sunantarod
Sep 07, 2012 Phee Sunantarod rated it did not like it
I'm sorry. I found it's not for me. Well, I read the Thai version, so maybe it was about translation. I don't know. But I didn't like it at all.
Myleen
Myleen rated it did not like it
Aug 15, 2008
Sakura Mikan
Sakura Mikan rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2012
Lisa Mandina
Lisa Mandina rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2010
Urwah
Urwah rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2014
Bobbi Sandmann
Bobbi Sandmann rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2012
Maya
Maya rated it it was ok
Jul 25, 2012
Sherry Pagay
Sherry Pagay rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2013
Tenzi
Tenzi rated it did not like it
Dec 14, 2012
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
2017 Reading Chal...: Adventures of an Ice Princess 2 25 Jun 03, 2016 03:55PM
  • Seven Sunny Days
  • The Matzo Ball Heiress
  • Original Cyn
  • Does She or Doesn't She?
  • Speechless
  • Pick Me Up
  • Silver Princess, Golden Knight
  • The Border Lord and the Lady (The Border Chronicles, #4)
  • Miss Educated (Upper Class, #2)
  • The Practical Princess and Other Liberating Fairy Tales
  • The Princess and the Unicorn
  • The Vampire Princess
  • The Prince She Had to Marry (Bravo Royales, #2)
  • Nobody But You
  • The Gazebo (The McDaniels, #2)
  • Technical Hitch
  • Insider Dating
  • Ace Is Wild
Bestselling, award-winning author Liz Maverick is a novelist, adventurer and odd jobs specialist whose contract assignments have taken her from driving trucks in Antarctica to working behind the scenes on reality TV shows in Hollywood. She holds a BS from UC Berkeley, a CPA, and an MBA from UCLA.
Liz is known for writing out-of-the-box romance novels with fast-paced, unique plots and lots of kick-
More about Liz Maverick...