Start by marking “Wired” as Want to Read:

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  152 ratings  ·  22 reviews
If Maverick's fast-paced, genre-bounding novel is any indication, Dorchester's new imprint, Shomi—which aims to hook a younger generation of readers—should catch an audience quickly. Maverick grabs readers from page one, throwing together romance, science fiction and cyberpunk—a mash-up hinted at in the anime-style packaging— to tell the story of L. Roxanne Zaborovsky, a h ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 336 pages
Published July 3rd 2007 by Love Spell

To ask other readers questions about Wired, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wired

Wired by Liz Maverick

Wired by Liz Maverick was fast-paced, exciting, sexy and funny at times. It was a really cool concept I just needed it explained a little bit more and as the action and science of it got really intense I found myself confused at places - as if something was left off or forgotten. But, the novel did impress and I'm really interested in reading more of Maverick's writing.

A mish mash of science fiction romance and cyberpunk, Wired starts with a girl. Two a.m in the morning on a
I finished this book a couple of days ago and I had to let it percolate a bit to get my thoughts in order. Why? Well, this is complicated book. You get popped from the past to the present, back to the past, whisked into the present and all the timelines are tweaked just enough that it's like being on a roller coaster where all the big dips are hidden and they spring up on you without warning and slap you in the face.

Was the book complex? Oh, yeah. Was it fun? Yes, indeed! Did I sometimes feel li
Martina the Book Fairy
Just finished Wired () by Liz Maverick. It's a SHOMI novel which seems to be a brand of action-adventure romance, many of which have a futuristic tilt. It's also the first thing I've read by Liz Maverick since I finished the Crimson City & 2176 Series - both of which I adored, so it really is a crime that Wired has been sitting on my TBR pile since Christmas 2007.

I love a little kick-ass in my romance and I also frequently adore a little futuristic fun, so it's not really a surprise that I
Ms. Maverick's tale begins with a late-night trip to a convience store that quickly deteriorates into the main character's search for the best potential life among the shifting options created by two time-traveling men who offer completing claims on the main character's trust and affections.

Although I enjoyed the protagonist's journey--her constant determination to pick the best and path for her future despite the confusion of her memories caused by the actions of the men competing for either pr
Janice (Janicu)
This book is told from the first person point of view of L. Roxanne Zaborovsky, a programmer who gets intercepted from going to the 7-11 one night by two men. What follows is a non-linear story where time gets manipulated like a record being scratched by a DJ - forward and backward, reset and spliced, Roxy lives through the same situations a few times but with different variables. I read some of Liz Maverick's Crimson City novel, and I prefer her first person voice here to the third person voice ...more
Yolanda Sfetsos
Feb 24, 2008 Sarai rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to Sarai by: Amazon
Shelves: urbanfantasy
Okay let me start out by saying this is not my normal book. It is very loaded with Computers and a lot of jumping around. The concept was okay and I think that if I had liked the character I would have loved the book. I didn't like any of the characters I didn't like that I was more then confused during half the book and I didn't like that I had no idea what was going on until half way through.
The only reason I finished this book is the middle where it picked up steam and was no holds but I woul
Wow, awesome book! I've read a couple other SHOMI novels, and enjoyed them. Honestly, this was the most complicated - but most intriguing. I love it when I can't guess the ending of a book, and this is one of those cases. It just kept me guessing, and I couldn't stop reading! If you love sci-fi, and you can keep up with a complicated storyline (or at least stick it out until the end, where it all comes together and makes sense), this is your book. Loved it!
A good book, one of my favorites, not sure why its a favorite, but it is. The ONLY thing I didn't like about this book was the fact that it was predictable, but of course not form the very first page. It was a decent read though, it kept me entertained and Maverick's writing style intrigues me for some reason.
Crappy cover but decent story inside. Although this was in the romance section it doesn't follow the usual romance novel plot lines at all which was pretty cool. On the other hand, the story telling was a little too jumbled to really get what was going on.
Jean Brashear
I am wowed by the originality of the premise and the difficulty of executing it. Ms. Maverick deserves huge kudos for what must have been a tough book to plot. She kept me guessing yet engaged me with the characters so that no way was I not going to finish!
I figured this would be some live triangle story in the cyberpunk style, but it was so much better!! Not a romance, just a sci-fi story that builds slowly into a grand finale. Loved the development of the heroine over the story. Highly recommended!
A fast-paced ride that’ll have you on the edge of your seat trying to figure out what’s happened to turn Roxanne Zaborovsky’s life upside down. If you’ve ever wanted to live your life in multiple dimensions, try this tale on for size.
Jacque Sherbak
A 70-something friend of mine recommended this and she was right on. Edge of your seat stuff and a guilty pleasure. I think she borrowed it from a teen-age grandaughter! Go ahead and read it even though you won't want to admit it!
I thought the storyline was really well written. And it really made you want to keep reading through all the way to the end.
This would be a great book if you knew what was going on half the time. I'm still not sure about half of what I read.
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
Well, I liked it, but way too many angles. It was difficult keeping up with what "reality" was really real.
Shomi, purveyors of keeping the plot a secret from you and the heroine.
Kiara added it
Sep 16, 2015
Cassady marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2015
Rob Colavito
Rob Colavito marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2015
Skylar Davidson
Skylar Davidson marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2015
  • Twist
  • Driven (Northern Waste, #1)
  • Alternity
  • Phenomenal Girl 5 (Elite Hands of Justice, #1)
  • Parallel Attraction (Midnight Warriors, #1)
  • Countdown
  • Forced Mate (God Princes of Tigron, #1)
  • Unearthed (UN-Forgettable, #1)
  • Rebels and Lovers (Dock Five Universe, #4)
  • Solar Heat
  • Tsunami Blue (Tsunami Blue, #1)
  • The Hidden Worlds (The Hidden Worlds #1)
  • Afterburn (Bio Rescue, #2)
  • True Blood
  • Close Encounters of the Sexy Kind (Planet Nerak, #1)
Bestselling, award-winning author Liz Maverick is a novelist, adventurer and odd jobs specialist whose contract assignments have taken her from driving trucks in Antarctica to working behind the scenes on reality TV shows in Hollywood. She holds a BS from UC Berkeley, a CPA, and an MBA from UCLA.
Liz is known for writing out-of-the-box romance novels with fast-paced, unique plots and lots of kick-
More about Liz Maverick...
Crimson City (Crimson City, #1) Crimson Rogue (Crimson City, #6) Shards of Crimson (Crimson City, #7) The Shadow Runners (2176 Series, #3) Crimson & Steam (Crimson City, #8)