From Chaos to Calm: Effective Parenting for Challenging Children with ADHD other Behavioral Problems

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  35 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Three points of view-parent's, therapist's, and child's-make this the most practical guide on the market for raising a child with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or other behavioral issues.

Traditional parenting and discipline books aren't effective for parents who are dealing with kids with ADHD, OCD, depression or other disorders. They need a guide that will help...more
Published May 1st 2001 by Perigee Trade

To ask other readers questions about From Chaos to Calm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From Chaos to Calm

Rachael
Not perfect, but a really good "inside look" at a family struggling to manage behavioral issues with their ADHD child. I wish sometimes that was all that we had going on with Carver. A book like this would be more helpful, but there was good examples and it motivated me to work harder at isolating a behavior at a time to change and to find the right currency for him.
Sunshine Moore
Great book - especially the discussion of behavior modification in challenging children. I think it applies easily to non-challenging children, too. Although, I don't have any ADHD diagnosed kids, we see some of the challenging behaviors sometimes and some of these techniques have already paid dividends.
Jill Hussong
I was at a really low point, struggling with my ADHD son, and found this at just the right time. So much of it helped me me more than anything. I realized I was not the only one feeling this way and the book gave me hope along with some practical advice I started implementing right away.
Tiffany
After years of reading parenting books geared toward "normal" children, it was refreshing to find this one. I'm excited to try some of the suggestions and methods. Taking it all in one breath can be overwhelming, but a measured approach seems reasonable.
Tiffany
Good book! Explained the meaning of challenging behaviors and how to be effective parenting. Welcome to my blog to find more sources:

Marcelle
Fabulous book for working with ADHD kids. I promptly returned my library copy and bought one for myself ... and I NEVER buy books.
jessica
For parents or teachers, some great ideas for continuing to understand and support (with structure!) students with behavior challenges.
Tara
This book was very helpful and made me
feel like we aren't alone in the chaos
of our household
Gloria
Jan 03, 2008 Gloria marked it as to-read
:) Getting there
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Ksm
Ksm added it
Jul 04, 2014
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Jennilee
Jennilee marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Mike
Mike added it
May 02, 2014
Rebekah
Rebekah marked it as to-read
May 01, 2014
L Cole
L Cole is currently reading it
Apr 10, 2014
Haley
Haley marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Deirdre
Deirdre marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
Leslie Fisher
Leslie Fisher marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
Michelle Mason
Michelle Mason is currently reading it
May 05, 2014
Jeanine Gray
Jeanine Gray marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2014
Donna Hunter
Donna Hunter marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
Glitter
Glitter marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2013