Start by marking “From Chaos to Calm: Effective Parenting for Challenging Children with ADHD other Behavioral Problems” as Want to Read:

3.92  ·  Rating Details  ·  51 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Three points of view-parent's, therapist's, and child's-make this the most practical guide on the market for raising a child with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or other behavioral issues.

Traditional parenting and discipline books aren't effective for parents who are dealing with kids with ADHD, OCD, depression or other disorders. They need a guide that will help
Published May 1st 2001 by TarcherPerigee

To ask other readers questions about From Chaos to Calm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From Chaos to Calm

Ashley
Feb 23, 2015 Ashley rated it really liked it
I am always in search of helpful suggestions on bringing order to our chaos. This book was on a list of suggested reading from our neuro-psychiatrist. The authors of this book provide clear solutions for challenging family situations not covered in typical parenting books. I would recommend this book to parents desperately seeking help tending to their 'orchid' children - and it can be useful for growing the 'dandelion' kiddos as well.
Rachael
Oct 23, 2013 Rachael rated it really liked it
Shelves: special-needs
Not perfect, but a really good "inside look" at a family struggling to manage behavioral issues with their ADHD child. I wish sometimes that was all that we had going on with Carver. A book like this would be more helpful, but there was good examples and it motivated me to work harder at isolating a behavior at a time to change and to find the right currency for him.
Sunshine Moore
Feb 20, 2013 Sunshine Moore rated it really liked it
Great book - especially the discussion of behavior modification in challenging children. I think it applies easily to non-challenging children, too. Although, I don't have any ADHD diagnosed kids, we see some of the challenging behaviors sometimes and some of these techniques have already paid dividends.
Jill
Sep 08, 2013 Jill rated it it was amazing
I was at a really low point, struggling with my ADHD son, and found this at just the right time. So much of it helped me me more than anything. I realized I was not the only one feeling this way and the book gave me hope along with some practical advice I started implementing right away.
Tiffany
May 02, 2011 Tiffany rated it really liked it
Shelves: parenting
After years of reading parenting books geared toward "normal" children, it was refreshing to find this one. I'm excited to try some of the suggestions and methods. Taking it all in one breath can be overwhelming, but a measured approach seems reasonable.
Tiffany
Good book! Explained the meaning of challenging behaviors and how to be effective parenting. Welcome to my blog to find more sources:

Marcelle
Mar 11, 2009 Marcelle rated it it was amazing
Fabulous book for working with ADHD kids. I promptly returned my library copy and bought one for myself ... and I NEVER buy books.
jessica
Jun 06, 2010 jessica rated it really liked it
For parents or teachers, some great ideas for continuing to understand and support (with structure!) students with behavior challenges.
Tara
Aug 22, 2008 Tara rated it it was amazing
This book was very helpful and made me
feel like we aren't alone in the chaos
of our household
Gloria
Jan 03, 2008 Gloria marked it as to-read
:) Getting there
Leila
Leila rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2016
Elise
Elise marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2016
Lauren Anzaldo
Lauren Anzaldo rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2016
Liz Diaz
Liz Diaz marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2016
Sahra
Sahra marked it as to-read
May 31, 2016
Jade Paler
Jade Paler rated it liked it
May 31, 2016
teri davison Gma
teri davison Gma rated it it was ok
May 25, 2016
Nell
Nell added it
Jun 06, 2016
Ericka
Ericka rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2016
Sofie Couch
Sofie Couch rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2016
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2016
Kellie
Kellie added it
Jun 18, 2016
Raquel Dotson
Raquel Dotson marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2016
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Devin Zimmer
Devin Zimmer marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2015
Elena
Elena marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2015
Mike Hardy
Mike Hardy marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2015