Start by marking “The Little Mermaid (Disney Princess)” as Want to Read:
The Little Mermaid (Disney Princess)

The Little Mermaid (Disney Princess)

4.43  ·  Rating Details ·  6,055 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
Ariel is tired of living under the sea–she wants to be human and walk on land. She gets her chance after making a deal with an evil sea witch, but something’s fishy! Can Flounder, Sebastian, and Scuttle help make the little mermaid’s dream come true? Find out in this full-color retelling of Disney’s classic film, The Little Mermaid.
Published June 24th 2003 by RH/Disney (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about The Little Mermaid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Little Mermaid

K.D. Absolutely
The Little Mermaid is one of the most famous fairy tales of Danish Hans Christian Andersen (1805-1875). I am still to read the whole collection but I got a copy of this book as I try to buy a few children's books every payday for our outreach program for child literacy on May 25, 2013 to be held at the Museo Pambata. We will spend half a day to read three stories to children aged 4-8 from the financially-challenged families of Manila, we will also feed them and give them loot bags that contain s ...more
Debra
I like the Disney retelling of the classic fairy tales. They are kid friendly. They contain all the emotions of real life but manage to not be scary like some of the original fairy tales were. Ariel is unhappy living under the sea and wants to walk on land . She is fascinated by humans and then as fate would have it , she falls in love with one. There is plenty of evil in Ursela but there is soooo much love in everyone else.
A Wonderful Story.

I would have my students create an undersea world for
RLL22016_TeresaCamacho
Jun 04, 2016 RLL22016_TeresaCamacho rated it really liked it
I like myself
Krista Basilio
Jun 09, 2014 Krista Basilio rated it it was amazing
Ariel, a sixteen-year-old mermaid princess, is dissatisfied with life under the sea and curious about the human world. With her best fish friend Flounder, Ariel collects human artifacts and goes to the surface of the ocean to visit Scuttle the seagull, who offers very inaccurate and comical knowledge of human culture. Ignoring the warnings of her father (King Triton) and court musician (Sebastian, the crab) that contact between merpeople and humans is forbidden (the sea's primary contact with hu ...more
Dharia Scarab
Jul 04, 2014 Dharia Scarab rated it liked it
My love of reading started when i was young, and it gives me immense pleasure to provide books to Spread the Word Nevada, an organization that passes them on to children in the community. They are a terrific organization supporting an important cause. If your local I encourage you to check them out. For those living further a field, look in your own community, their may already be a similar program in place. And if not, you can always help start on.

Myself, I go ou
Kelli Novak
Sep 24, 2016 Kelli Novak rated it it was amazing
ISBN# 9780736421775

Ariel is a curious young mermaid. She likes to explore sunken ships, swim up to the surface, and learn all she can about the world above the sea. Children ages 2–5 will love finding out what happens when this Disney Princess falls in love with a human in the full-color Little Golden Book retelling of Disney The Little Mermaid
Racquel
Shelves: meggie-list
Lily
Sep 10, 2014 Lily rated it really liked it
Shelves: disney-movies
I wanna be where the people are. I wanna see, wanna see 'um dancing, walking around on those... What do you call them? Oh, feet! Flipping your fins...

Just like anyone's ever said, Ariel is a problem. She drastically changes her body for a guy and even gives up what everyone praises her for. I can see it it's a sacrifice for someone you're sure close to, but Ariel didn't even know Eric! Speaking of, guess who puts the "eric" in "generic"? Haha!

Anyway, love the movie, not to fond of the protagoni
Trish
Sep 26, 2014 Trish rated it it was amazing
Shelves: zzz-2014, childrens
my 4 year old niece loved it!
Marissa Savey
Great book I tell you
Shawanda
Apr 10, 2008 Shawanda rated it it was amazing
I read this book in the 5th grade its one of my first books. This book thought me abut love and how strong family is.

The Little Mermaid is about a young mermaid who father is a king she finds love but not under the see she. She falls in love with a human. She goes to the bad goes so she can get feet. When he human falls in love with the little
Flambo
Jul 13, 2014 Flambo rated it it was amazing
BEST BOOK EVER
Annchan Maulana
Oct 01, 2007 Annchan Maulana rated it really liked it
Shelves: musical, movie
it's about a litlle mermaid girl name Ariel that feel tired of living under the sea.

She wants to be human and walk on land and have some love story with the prince charming and oneday She gets her chance after making a deal with an evil sea witch.

but it turn to nitemare and sad story :(

Originaly review by AnnChan ^^
Veronica Widya
Nov 04, 2008 Veronica Widya rated it really liked it
Shelves: disney
I like this story coz Ariel was verryyy me! dunno. But she's curious with life over the sea, and she got her dream, although there're many barricade.
hmm.. the most part that i dun like when Ursula pretend to be Ariel,ughh!
and when Eric choose Ursula because her voice. But still , at the last, he knows the truth! ^^
Nirali
Mar 01, 2013 Nirali rated it it was amazing
This was seriously the cutest movie ever'! I mean Ariel always wants to do something that pleases her father and loves to go on wonderful adventures and find and discover many things. When she meets the Prince she thinks she has made a remarkable discovery. She is a cute girl with many things to go for.
Caletha
Aug 20, 2015 Caletha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nostalgia
still love
Chassity Oden
Ariel is my favorite Disney princess i just love her so much she is so beautiful and her story is a one of a kind.
Codie Gates
Ariel is one of my favorite princesses. This is a classic Little Golden Book and it follows the same ideas as the movie. Great read for little girls who love princesses or little boys who love action.
Jessica
Nov 30, 2009 Jessica rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book to my step-daughter recently. It is incomplete and the story jumps around. I would recommend a more complete version of the tail if available.
Nicole Yncera
I think that this story is awesome, because I love things that have to do with life under the water. The story is very elegant and unique in a weird way.
Nina Gonsel
Dec 27, 2013 Nina Gonsel rated it it was amazing
It good sikeee it's awesome
John Yelverton
Oct 01, 2013 John Yelverton rated it it was amazing
A sweet and cute adaptation of the classic Disney film. It will be easily read as a bedtime story for children.
Rebecca
May 04, 2008 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
When i was a littler girl i couldent put this book down and when i could read it then one could say i has issues!
Jaime Contreras
Sep 18, 2016 Jaime Contreras rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
This was a decent abridged version of the famous tale. This Disney version still captures some of the magic.
Meltem Adaici
Dec 07, 2013 Meltem Adaici rated it it was amazing
İlk okuduğum kitaplardandır anılarım canlandı belkide fantastik sevgim Ariel'le beraber geldi :)
Lauren
Apr 27, 2012 Lauren rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
One of my favorite Disney stories growing up, I love mermaids I totally wanted to be one!
Morbus Iff
Mar 04, 2012 Morbus Iff rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-to-kids
S seemed to like it, but I'd've rather watched the movie again.
 ♥●•x..MaŇìi BâBiiε→Anutha StoRiiε..
dis wus the second bukk i learned to read wen i wus four years old
  • Winnie The Pooh And The Honey Tree (Little Golden Book)
  • Clifford The Firehouse Dog
  • Disney's the Lion King
  • The Little Mermaid
  • Beauty and the Beast (Disney)
  • The Lion King: A little Golden Book
  • Curious George Goes to the Beach
  • The Three Bears
  • Sleeping Beauty (Disney Princess, 5)
  • Frosty the Snowman (Frosty the Snowman)
  • Pinocchio
  • The Honey Tree (Little Golden Book)
  • The Three Little Pigs (a Little Golden Book)
  • Bears on Wheels
  • The Three Little Pigs (Disney Classic)
  • The Gingerbread Man
  • The Country Mouse and the City Mouse; The Fox and the Crow; The Dog and His Bone
  • What a Bad Dream (Little Critter)
Note: The decision was made to consolidate all Disney publications under the name Walt Disney Company. This profile is for Walt Disney, the characters he created, and the company he founded. Any questions, please ask in the Librarian's Group.

Walter Elias ”Walt” Disney (December 5, 1901 – December 15, 1966) was an American film producer, director, screenwriter, voice actor, animator, entrepreneur,
More about Walt Disney Company...