Start by marking “The Little Mermaid (Disney Princess)” as Want to Read:
The Little Mermaid (Disney Princess)

The Little Mermaid (Disney Princess)

4.45 of 5 stars 4.45  ·  rating details  ·  5,773 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Ariel is tired of living under the sea–she wants to be human and walk on land. She gets her chance after making a deal with an evil sea witch, but something’s fishy! Can Flounder, Sebastian, and Scuttle help make the little mermaid’s dream come true? Find out in this full-color retelling of Disney’s classic film, The Little Mermaid.
Published June 24th 2003 by RH/Disney (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about The Little Mermaid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Little Mermaid

K.D. Absolutely
The Little Mermaid is one of the most famous fairy tales of Danish Hans Christian Andersen (1805-1875). I am still to read the whole collection but I got a copy of this book as I try to buy a few children's books every payday for our outreach program for child literacy on May 25, 2013 to be held at the Museo Pambata. We will spend half a day to read three stories to children aged 4-8 from the financially-challenged families of Manila, we will also feed them and give them loot bags that contain s ...more
Debra
I like the Disney retelling of the classic fairy tales. They are kid friendly. They contain all the emotions of real life but manage to not be scary like some of the original fairy tales were. Ariel is unhappy living under the sea and wants to walk on land . She is fascinated by humans and then as fate would have it , she falls in love with one. There is plenty of evil in Ursela but there is soooo much love in everyone else.
A Wonderful Story.

I would have my students create an undersea world for
Krista Basilio
Ariel, a sixteen-year-old mermaid princess, is dissatisfied with life under the sea and curious about the human world. With her best fish friend Flounder, Ariel collects human artifacts and goes to the surface of the ocean to visit Scuttle the seagull, who offers very inaccurate and comical knowledge of human culture. Ignoring the warnings of her father (King Triton) and court musician (Sebastian, the crab) that contact between merpeople and humans is forbidden (the sea's primary contact with hu ...more
Dharia Scarab
My love of reading started when i was young, and it gives me immense pleasure to provide books to Spread the Word Nevada, an organization that passes them on to children in the community. They are a terrific organization supporting an important cause. If your local I encourage you to check them out. For those living further a field, look in your own community, their may already be a similar program in place. And if not, you can always help start on.

Myself, I go ou
Lily
I wanna be where the people are. I wanna see, wanna see 'um dancing, walking around on those... What do you call them? Oh, feet! Flipping your fins...

Just like anyone's ever said, Ariel is a problem. She drastically changes her body for a guy and even gives up what everyone praises her for. I can see it it's a sacrifice for someone you're sure close to, but Ariel didn't even know Eric! Speaking of, guess who puts the "eric" in "generic"? Haha!

Anyway, love the movie, not to fond of the protagoni
Trish
my 4 year old niece loved it!
Marissa Savey
Great book I tell you
Shawanda
I read this book in the 5th grade its one of my first books. This book thought me abut love and how strong family is.

The Little Mermaid is about a young mermaid who father is a king she finds love but not under the see she. She falls in love with a human. She goes to the bad goes so she can get feet. When he human falls in love with the little
Flambo
BEST BOOK EVER
Annchan Maulana
it's about a litlle mermaid girl name Ariel that feel tired of living under the sea.

She wants to be human and walk on land and have some love story with the prince charming and oneday She gets her chance after making a deal with an evil sea witch.

but it turn to nitemare and sad story :(

Originaly review by AnnChan ^^
Veronica Widya
I like this story coz Ariel was verryyy me! dunno. But she's curious with life over the sea, and she got her dream, although there're many barricade.
hmm.. the most part that i dun like when Ursula pretend to be Ariel,ughh!
and when Eric choose Ursula because her voice. But still , at the last, he knows the truth! ^^
Nirali
This was seriously the cutest movie ever'! I mean Ariel always wants to do something that pleases her father and loves to go on wonderful adventures and find and discover many things. When she meets the Prince she thinks she has made a remarkable discovery. She is a cute girl with many things to go for.
Chassity Oden
Ariel is my favorite Disney princess i just love her so much she is so beautiful and her story is a one of a kind.
Nicole Yncera
I think that this story is awesome, because I love things that have to do with life under the water. The story is very elegant and unique in a weird way.
Nina Gonsel
It good sikeee it's awesome
John Yelverton
A sweet and cute adaptation of the classic Disney film. It will be easily read as a bedtime story for children.
Rebecca
When i was a littler girl i couldent put this book down and when i could read it then one could say i has issues!
Meltem Adaici
İlk okuduğum kitaplardandır anılarım canlandı belkide fantastik sevgim Ariel'le beraber geldi :)
Lauren
One of my favorite Disney stories growing up, I love mermaids I totally wanted to be one!
 ♥●•x..MaŇìi BâBiiε→Anutha StoRiiε..
dis wus the second bukk i learned to read wen i wus four years old
Alisha
A beautiful love story - and a classic childhood story.
GORILLA
this book makes me cry
Amy-Bookzz♥♥(:
What can I say, a classic!
Meadow
too wordy.
Sarai
Jan 04, 2011 Sarai added it
good
  • Aladdin (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • The Lion King (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • Finding Nemo
  • Disney's the Lion King
  • Clifford The Firehouse Dog
  • Winnie The Pooh And The Honey Tree (Little Golden Book)
  • Beauty and the Beast
  • Sleeping Beauty: a Little Golden Book (Disney Princess)
  • The Three Bears
  • Beauty and the Beast (Disney)
  • Sleeping Beauty (Disney Princess, 5)
  • Frosty the Snowman (Frosty the Snowman)
  • Curious George Goes to the Beach
  • The Honey Tree (Little Golden Book)
  • The Three Little Pigs
Dinner at the Panda Palace Late for School! Jazzmatazz! The Principal's New Clothes Oopsy, Teacher!