Start by marking “Kiss of Fate (Dragonfire, #3)” as Want to Read:
Kiss of Fate  (Dragonfire, #3)

Kiss of Fate (Dragonfire #3)

4.13  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,279 Ratings  ·  58 Reviews
One foretold love deserves a second chance...

Haunted by dreams of a lover who takes the form of a mythical dragon, Eileen Grosvenor searches for the truth. She never expects to find a real dragon shape shifter, let alone one who awakens her passion and ignites memories of her own forgotten past.

Erik Sorensson is focused on leading the Pyr to triumph over the Slayers, even
Published February 3rd 2009 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about Kiss of Fate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiss of Fate

Liv
Mar 03, 2011 Liv rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr
Usually I don't like to poke holes in books that I read, because I figure that since I'm reading fantasy anyway, I would allow for some level of imagination and impossibilities, and not care much about science or physics at all. So I normally don't argue over something being scientifically possible or not. Unfortunately, after I read 3 installments of this Dragonfire series, I came to the conclusion that the author seemed to be consistently inconsistent and it drives me bonkers.

Please allow me
SheLove2Read
Apr 21, 2009 SheLove2Read rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who loves a dragon romance
If I could give this 10 stars I would. Absolutely spectacular! Any book that can make me cry is a keeper but any book that makes me cry TWICE in two different places is definitely going on my desert island keeper shelf.
PepperP0t
3.25stars
Very usual for this series. There was too much repetition for my taste in the statements from the lead couple and I thought this installment too closely mirrored a previous releases. I did however enjoy descriptions of the dragons and Boris & Magnus’ villainy. (view spoiler)
In previous
Pamela
This is the third book in the Dragonfire series and this time the firestorm is between Eric, the leader of the dragon Pyr, and Eileen.

The chemistry is there between the two but could have been better. I have to agree with another viewer that I wish the dragons were more possessive instead of just standing on the sidelines contemplating if the woman will be his mate. It's a given they will be so why not make their desire for the women more driven.

The war between the dragons, Pyr vs. Slayers rem
Joelle
Kiss of Fate (Dragonfire #3)

by Deborah Cooke

5 stars

For millennia, the shape-shifting dragon warriors known as the Pyr have commanded the four elements and guarded the earth's treasures. But now the final reckoning between the Pyr, who count humans among the earth's treasures, and the Slayers, who would eradicate both humans and the Pyr who protect them, is about to begin.

Haunted by dreams of a lover who takes the form of a dragon, Eileen Grosvenor search
Kathy
May 25, 2012 Kathy rated it really liked it
This series keeps getting better and better, I'm so glad to know the story behind Erik and his first firestorm with his wife Louisa and their son Sigmund and to know why Sigmund turned Slayer. Though the whole time I'm yelling at Erik (in my head mind you) because he is doing the typical thing guys do in romance novels, the whole I'm going to sacrifice myself routine, driving me crazy. But I love this series and I can't wait to see how Delany (love that name for a guy) will fair with his firesto ...more
Gwynn White
Another fun book in this series. I enjoyed learning more about Erik. That was a treat.
Gina
Mar 08, 2015 Gina rated it liked it
Kiss of Fate by Deborah Cooke

Third in the Dragonfire series, Erik gets his firestorm. His second in his lifetime because his mate has been reincarnated and they have unfinished business. Pretty cool twist on the basic romance story.

And the Slayers just keep getting or displaying new powers and you never really know if they are dead.

The dragon's teeth legend was cool and I would have liked to hear more of the background/story on this before it was over. It seemed to be resolved too quickly alon
Lauren
Feb 16, 2009 Lauren rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fifantasy
The third and best book in the series. I laughed, I cried, I told my sister to stop making fun of me for crying because of a book. The first two are pretty good, as well. And I thought I was going to go nuts after I read the second one, and realized the third wasn't out yet. ::pace, pace, pace::
Angela
May 13, 2015 Angela rated it really liked it
While I was initially disappointed that this one was going to be about Erik (who is not one of my favorite characters), I was really pleased with the result. I can really appreciate Erik's growth as well. Again, the author really crafts a couple who will reveal each others strengths and weaknesses. The firestorm is just as hot and hard to deny. As always, we have the Slayer menace which is growing and becoming more complex with the addition of the Dragon's Blood Elixir to the plot. This makes fo ...more
Melody
Apr 10, 2014 Melody rated it liked it
This book had more inconsistencies than usual. It seems to have been rushed to print. The finale was sketchy and incomplete. It was choppy and rushed and lacked cohesion. And amI the only one who wonders how full sized dragons can fly through a broken window? Also why did Erik after fighting 4 dragons fly all the way from London to Chicago carrying his mate? He was worn out and it took 35 hours. Why didn't he just take a plane? On the whole though I did like this book. I am enjoying this series ...more
An Odd1
Jan 31, 2011 An Odd1 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
**** "Kiss of Fate" is the third Deborah Cooke Dragonfire romance, heralded by a third eclipse and firestorm, for King and Consort, before a prophesied war. Much narrative is devoted to the past, while everyone in the present chase a valuable old collection of 99 dragon teeth. The story spans time without travelling there. The only individual dragon color I can remember is the angelic pure white of the dainty ethereal oracle. Even she falls in love (a possible meaning of the title), with an anci ...more
Sara Farinha
Aug 14, 2012 Sara Farinha rated it really liked it
‘Kiss of Fate‘ is the 3rd book in Deborah Cooke’s Dragonfire Series. It’s about the third firestorm, between Eric Sorensson and Eileen Grosvenor, before the final battle between Pyr and Slayer.

It’s also a suitable book for the 2nd topic of the Reading Romances Challenge: Read a book with an older Hero or heroine (AT LEAST mid-to-late thirties): Eric has a few centuries in his backpack and Eileen’s thirty-seven.

Eric is the leader of the Pyr, a group of dragons that are meant to protect the earth
Lynda Tatad
Sep 09, 2011 Lynda Tatad rated it really liked it
This is the 3rd book in Deborah Cooke's Dragonfire series. The 3rd fateful Dragonfire for the Pyr is revealed and it is for Erik Sorensson this time. This is his 2nd time around, which is a rarity. But it turns out his first love has been reincarnated into the American college professor Eileen Grosvenor, who is in England researching a story that she is almost obsessed to find the meaning behind. Not knowing the story is related to Erik and her past life. The Dragonfire is what brings a Pyr to h ...more
Lover of Romance
Erick Sorensson knows that his firestorm is close, because he can feeling the burning need to find her. Erick once had a firestorm, and at first it had been going well, he had a son. But then his son turned slayer on him, and he thought he had lost his mate. Erick knows that feeling the firestorm after all of these years, means his mate has been reincarnated. At first he doesn't want to give into this whirlwind of sensations again. Especially after losing so much before, but Eileen is so differe ...more
Diane
Apr 17, 2012 Diane rated it it was amazing
Dawn
I absolutely love, love, love this series. Ms. Cooke always delivers a spellbinding ride with each of the Dragonfire novels and KISS OF FATE is no exception. Here we finally get the Pyr leader’s Erik’s story and its one wild roller coaster of a ride. This is an author who knows her series and her characters intimately. The characters alone are delightful, multi-dimensional and had me sighing over in delight. Ms. Cooke delivers a strong story in this series and KISS OF FATE keeps the series alive ...more
Beate
Jul 01, 2012 Beate rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These books are highly addictive. If real life hadn't gotten in the way, I would end up reading these books in one sitting. With how much I love these Pyr, I kinda wish I could read them in one sitting.

I love that there's so much lore, both real and fictional, in these books. I love that there's enough nail biting action to hold your attention. I love that there's a sweet, albeit a bit predictable, love in these books. Most of all I love that the heroines in these books are kick-ass strong!

I've
Nícky
Mar 27, 2014 Nícky rated it really liked it
Por fin explicaron bien el pasado y los motivos de por qué los Asesinos son como son y se comportan de esa forma con los humanos. Me gusta que haya empezado a intercalar diversas historias como la de el recluta nuevo o la pérdida de la Wyvern. La historia de Erik y Eileen no ha estado mal, su pasado un tanto trágico pero una historia bien contada siempre vale la pena.
The Window Seat
Nov 25, 2012 The Window Seat rated it really liked it
This is the third of the "trilogy" within the Dragonfire series. What was set up as three firestorms is now nearing the culmination. With Erik's firestorm starting up, no one is more surprised than he is.

Erik had a firestorm. Since Pyr dragons have only one destined mate, he thought he was immune. But if he has a firestorm, there is only one explanation. His mate is reincarnated. How can he possibly try to woo her again when he still hasn't forgiven himself for the mistakes he made in the past?
Barbara ★
This series just gets better and better. Badass Magnus is back and so is Boris - both on the wrong team - the Slayers. Mythologist Eileen Grosvenor enters the story with a satchel of dragon's teeth and both Magnus and Boris on her tail. Pyr leader Erik Sorensson is in search of his firestorm (mate) when he stumbles upon Eileen and rescues her and sets in motion a prophesy of death and danger.

I love all the supporting characters (the good guys of course) and can't wait to read their stories. So f
Elaine Wingert
Jun 11, 2014 Elaine Wingert rated it it was amazing
Wow this book was awesome! Full of Dragon suspense mystery intrigue romance action packed drama twists and turns kept me on the edge throughout. I couldn't put it down. Yes another all nighter reading but definitely worth it. I Highly recommend.
Sara Brookes
Feb 10, 2009 Sara Brookes rated it really liked it
Have to love it when a series just gets better with each successive book. I picked up the first in the series last year, right after it was released on a whim. Needed something to read and had nothing with me at the time. I'd never read any dragonshifting books prior but figured what the hell?

I've been highly pleased with that decision last year and the second book in the series didn't disappoint either - just as this one (the third) didn't either. The action was brisk but not at such a breakne
Zulay Brux
Sep 16, 2015 Zulay Brux rated it did not like it
DNF//
I being waiting for this series to get me but it didnt.
Im letting you go now.
Kat
Jan 03, 2011 Kat rated it really liked it
This series simply gets better and better. I think this is the best of the 3 that I've read so far. (And dammit, I wish I could find the next book! I have it, but it's buried in one of my piles.) Erik's been one of the more intriguing Pyr that we've met to date. Though I think the romance between Erik and Eileen was great, the relationship I enjoyed reading about the most was the one between Erik and his son, who was a Slayer. Lots of action and plenty of romance, this one's a winner.

Vasya
Mar 16, 2011 Vasya rated it liked it
Nothing new, nothing new.

I really have no inspiration to write a review for this because I think that the first two books are pretty much the same regarding my opinions for them. The fourth one was a bit lousier than the others, so I didn't get far into it, and the beginning of the fifth one is very boring and the characters have a tendency to repeat their thoughts over and over again. Feels like one big deja vu.

These books are not getting better, and I am giving up on them.
Lisa
May 17, 2015 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Ok it took me longer to read this book but its ok :) I loved it which I knew I would.
I just got the next 5 books in the series so I will be on this series for a time. I so
Love dragons and can't wait to get more reading in.
Cindy
May 03, 2015 Cindy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review, 5-stars, dragon
Wow, another great story in this series.
I like dragons and I like shape-shifters, the two together are awesome.

This book is another fight between good and evil.
but it brings also memories from the past, Erik ' s past.
Not so nice memories, but turning into good ones thanks to Eileen.

I liked their love story in this fight who hasn't a winner just yet.
Looking forward to read more in the next book.
Loved the discovery on the last pages
Brenda
Nov 02, 2012 Brenda rated it really liked it
Eric is the leader of the Pyr, and he's a cranky and tortured dude who lost his mate, and was betrayed by his only son. He's not an easy guy to like for so many reasons, but his story is compelling, complex and tragic. Eileen is a smart, tough woman. She needs to be just to stand up to Eric who is an uber alpha male, and quite moody to top if off. I wasn't sure how much I would like Eric's story, but it ended up my favorite of the Pyr stories.
Cindy
Feb 27, 2009 Cindy rated it really liked it
Good read although I was unhappy at some of the characters that made the 'noble sacrifice'. [That's my personal hangup - I want all the ones I like to survive!:] Erik and Eileen's firestorm [and tragic history:] are happily resolved and there is hope [and change:] on the horizon.

Dragonfire Series to date [more are coming:]:
1 Kiss of Fire: A Dragonfyre Novel
2 Kiss of Fury
3 Kiss of Fate
  • Hidden Embers (Dragon's Heat, #2)
  • The Black Dragon (Dragon #2)
  • The Gryphons' Dream (The Soul-Linked Saga , #5 )
  • Rion (Pendragon Legacy #2)
  • What a Dragon Should Know (Dragon Kin, #3)
  • Prince of Spies (Dragon Knights, #4)
  • Breath of Fire
  • Sparks Fly (Light Dragons, #3)
  • Deadman's Blood (Blood Series, #5)
  • Passion Untamed (Feral Warriors, #3)
Deborah Cooke also writes under the names Claire Delacroix and Claire Cross.

Bestselling and award-winning author Deborah Cooke has published over fifty novels and novellas, including historical romances, fantasy romances, fantasy novels with romantic elements, paranormal romances, contemporary romances, urban fantasy romances, time travel romances and paranormal young adult novels. She writes as h
More about Deborah Cooke...

Dragonfire (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Kiss of Fire (Dragonfire, #1)
  • Kiss of Fury (Dragonfire, #2)
  • Winter Kiss (Dragonfire, #4)
  • Whisper Kiss (Dragonfire, #5)
  • Darkfire Kiss (Dragonfire, #6)
  • Flashfire (Dragonfire, #7)
  • Ember's Kiss (Dragonfire, #8)
  • The Dragon Legion Collection (Dragonfire, #9)
  • Serpent's Kiss (Dragonfire #10)
  • Firestorm Forever (Dragonfire, #11)

“Who knew that insanity came in hot flashes?” 19 likes
“I’ll tell them that I saw the guy who shot her, then.”
The man arched a brow. “The one who turned into a dragon before your very eyes? Don’t you think a story like that might affect your credibility as a witness?”
5 likes