Start by marking “Un-Bridaled” as Want to Read:
Un-Bridaled

Un-Bridaled

3.32 of 5 stars 3.32  ·  rating details  ·  254 ratings  ·  40 reviews
call her crazy

With half her immediate family having been committed -- mentally speaking -- why can't Chloe Sachs commit? After all, she's always been considered the sane one in the family. But seconds before becoming Mrs. Mark Hutchinson, Chloe leaves her handsome, successful fiancé at the altar and tears down Interstate 505 in her red Ford Frontier. Maybe it
Published March 7th 2006 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about Un-Bridaled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Un-Bridaled

Michelle
I had actually read this book once already, but I completely forgot, so I guess that shows you how memorable the book is or it just shows how horrible my memory is. Anyways, I still enjoyed it a second time. The main character is likable and real and the storyline is pretty plausible.
Gail
The main character runs away from her wedding in the opening chapter, and the rest of the book is about how she figures out what she's going to do now. She moves in to her late great-aunt's house while it's being renovated, and spends time returning wedding presents. She discovers some old letters of the aunt's, about a WWII romance, and begins reading them. She interacts with her sister, and brother, and parents and step-parents. She has encounters with a hot, really nice veterinarian, and a mo ...more
Jenn
So I'm only giving 2 stars because, although I loved the book while I was reading it, every time I picked it up I realized I had forgotten everything I'd previously read! A good story, a cute story, and an entertaining one while reading. But I'll be damned if I could tell you what it's about 3 days after finishing it. :S
Ruth
They had reached the point in the wedding where the glass should be stomped on and broken. As the glass skittered off unbroken, a little voice said, "Run" and she did! This was the beginning of a book about Chloe, whom everyone in her small town had heard of once she joined the wedding "track team". If a poster was made of a "dysfunctional" family Chloe knew that her family would be on it. As the book continues Chloe learns some interesting things about her family and discovers that people can c ...more
Leya
It was one of those books that you don't quite remember that you have other things to do...you just want to read. This book had everything! Gorgeous setting, quirky and funny characters, two very interesting pets and one fixer-upper bungalow.

And this is where Chloe comes to sort through things. This is also where she finds a stack of letters. Love letters between her aunt and her lover. She discovers a big family secret, which makes a lot of sense and gives her a different perspective towards h
Lori Whitwam
Cute. Maybe it's just that I'm used to reading things where the "resolution" involves good vampires saving the world from evil vampires, or someone uncovering the killer of four minor plot characters... but this book and the last one I reviewed seemed to wander a bit. I wasn't sure what I was supposed to be anticipating. Yeah, she leaves a guy at the altar, and then tries to get her life settled. And she has dogs. It was a pleasant read, and just what I needed this weekend, but nothing spectacul ...more
Andrea Lundberg
Quick read, enjoyed it.
Linda
Chloe is a runaway bride. She didn't plan on it, she just realize that the relationship just wasn't right until her groom-to-be, Mark, was unable to break the glass during their Jewish wedding ceremony - and she took that as a bad sign. Even though she left Mark at the altar, she's still a very likeable character and as the story continues we learn about her extremely disfunctional family - making you wonder that she's so "normal".
Margaret
Jul 29, 2011 Margaret added it
Shelves: 2010
Breezed through this one pretty quickly - a fun story! Chloe was believable and not too ditzy although like most chick lit stories I've read it takes her a while to figure out what she really wants. I probably would not have confronted my family to the degree she did after learning dark family secrets but to each his own. Liked the central California setting and the dysfunctional family kept it interesting.
Heather Adkins
Rendahl's characters are so vividly real that I lost my grip on reality while reading. I forgot that what was playing out so easily in my mind wasn't a true story happening in some remote part of the world. This book is such a poignant mixture of heartache and happy endings. It rings true to the joys and distresses that the normal person faces in everyday life. Definitely an unforgettable book.
Jenna
I loved this book. It's a great summer read. This is a great book about a girl who runs out on her wedding and comes into her own. It's about her family and the ways our family contributes to the decisions we make sometimes. It's especially about how choosing to ignore our past can cause us to make serious mistakes in the future. Really thought provoking & funny...a great combination.
Donna Jo Atwood
Chloe runs from the middle of her wedding, takes a temporary job at the local bar, and moves into a house that is undergoing massive remodeling. And she considers herself the normal one in her family.
This book is all about family and how to cope with it.
In some ways this reminds me of Jennifer Crusie's romances, but not quite so fluffy. I liked it 3.5 stars worth.
Laurie
Nov 14, 2009 Laurie rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2009
This is totally fluffy chick lit about a woman who runs out on her wedding and what follows, including her interactions with her dysfunctional family. I rate this a cut above some other chick lit, as the main character is interesting and intelligent and a scientist. Also, there are some nice dogs in the story, and a hot veterinarian.

Courtney
Nov 27, 2009 Courtney rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Karen; Alison
Shelves: chicklit, fiction
I was quite surprised that this book was as good as it was! This story is about a woman who leaves her fiancee at the altar and then has to deal with moving on and living her life on her own. The writing was great, the characters were complex, and the story was sweet. I will definitely read more from this author.
Cristina
Although this book was fairly predictably I really liked it. It did include a bit a twist towards the end which made it interesting. I read it in a day, so it's a quick read. It kept me busy while the cable company was installing stuff (and I was without cable or internet to keep me busy).
Terry
Just a quick "chick-lit" read. Local author and local landmarks (lots of Davis)make it fun. It's yet another take on the runaway bride theme with a "nutty" family to boot. Ties in with Claire Cook-type of writing--large family, pets, and laughs. Note: heroine is also a scientist.
Kim
This book is OK - an easy read. I really liked the characters, and the author writes dialouge in an exceptionally realistic fashion. But, I was a bit disappointed at lack of good climax and the resolution at the end was weak. I wouldn't read it again, but I didn't dislike it.
Megan
I have been a member of good reads for about a month and when I was adding books I have read, I completely forgot about this one. I read it a couple months ago and I remember liking it but I do have to agree with the comment made by Michelle when she said it is forgettable.
Kimberly
I enjoyed reading this book though I think the fact that I lived in the area that it takes place may have added charm. Good light, chick-lit read. I liked the characters and the fact that they are real characters. :)
Christy
Wow, I really do read too much chick lit.
A woman leaves her husband at the alter and must learn to redo her life from this point forward.
This just felt like something I'd read before. Nothing stood out.
Nicole Lamontagne
Very silly book...I picked it up at the grocery store on the way to the lake. A quick and fun read! Although...its not quite the kind of book you want to read 10 days before your wedding as I did...haha!
Lemonitsa
I'm giving this 4 stars because it was light and fun, and exactly what I needed with all the holiday stress. I also liked it because it wasn't silly like other chick-lit I've read :)
Just - The romance reader
Loved it! There was drama and humor, and the characters were just a little bit crazy, and some were totally relatable. Definitely a good story and it totally kept my attention.
Melanie Jacobson
This was all right. Fun for the summer, and I didn't have to skip gobs of objectionable stuff. Maybe see if your library has it if you're in the mood for something really light.
Emily
This was a fun, light read. The plot was interesting and the characters were likable. However, it was pretty predictable, and the ending annoyed me.
Shelley
School is starting back up in a week, and I'm trying to read as many mindless books before then. :) This definately fit the bill. Pretty cute.
Jackie
so funny! a book about nothing that cracked me up! i loved the quotes at the beginning of each chapter and will quote them forever!
Sue
Really good - I couldn't put it down. Chick-lit but great! Chloe leaves her fiancée at the altar. Moves into her grandmother's bungalow.
Kim
Loved this book, it has it all. Great characters, interesting plot, humour, family issues and a prince in shining armour. Great chick book.
Stephanie
Eileen Rendahl does it again! I couldn't put it down once I started. Super cute story that had me laughing out loud at Chloe.
  • The Art of Undressing
  • Dating Big Bird
  • Girl Most Likely to
  • It Had to Be You
  • Here Comes the Bride
  • Does She or Doesn't She?
Don't Kill The Messenger (Messenger, #1) Dead on Delivery (Messenger, #2) Do Me, Do My Roots Balancing in High Heels Dead Letter Day (Messenger, #3)

“But I also know that someone who's constantly trying to fix you is implying that you're broken.” 3 likes