Karen's School Picture (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #5)

Karen's School Picture (Baby-Sitters Little Sister #5)

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  374 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Karen has to get glasses -- two pairs! One pair for reading and one for all the time. Karen does not want glasses. Her school pictures are going to be taken soon! But Karen has to... so she picks out some pretty pink and blue ones. Karen thinks she looks very grown-up. Then Yicky Ricky at school calls her Four-eyes. If Karen wears her glasses for the picture, Ricky will ma...more
Published September 1st 1989 by Scholastic (first published June 1st 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Karen's School Picture, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Karen's School Picture

Rachel Brand
A fairly realistic book about a child needing to get glasses and all the drama surrounding having "four eyes". Although I've never heard of someone needing 2 pairs of glasses - is this perhaps an older solution to eye problems?
Alexandra
Typical 2nd grade problem. Karen's got to get glasses. This is tough because she will probably get teased by her classmates and school pictures are coming up.

This one deals with obviously getting glasses, which is a huge deal to a child (and to some adults as well, although for slightly different reasons, I imagine), teasing, & having the courage to be yourself.

The ending made me smile:)

Is it just me or are most of the books so far pertaining to Karen's life at the "big house"? It seems lik...more
Amanda
This book is okay.

I don't really like Baby Sitters Little Sister or Baby Sitters Club for that matter, but this one was really boring and I didn't like it. It might accually be my least favorite. I think Little girls would like these books (6 and older) But for me they are just okay.
jacky
Jan 11, 2008 jacky rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to jacky by: public library display
I loved these books. I wanted to read Baby-Sitters Club because my sister did, but my mother wouldn't let me because they were too old for me. I only read a few of them though before I was old enough to move on to the Baby-Sitters Club.
Kate
In which Karen get glasses right before her school picture, and these are the big ole owl-type bifocals that cover half her face like I had in fourth grade.
Sally
Ohnoez, Karen needs glasses! And goes and picks frames that, in a few years' time, she will be mortified to think she ever wore.
Savannah
This book was lots of fun! I was surprised when Karen put both glasses on for the school picture!

Jackie Krasuski
What young girl did not love the Baby-Sitters Club and Karen, the Baby-Sitters Little Sister?
I love these series they were so good
Lindsay
Ricky just keeps copying Karen...
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Ben
Ben added it
Aug 15, 2014
Esfiliya Asimionese
Esfiliya Asimionese marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Ebony
Ebony added it
Aug 02, 2014
Keristen Hunt
Keristen Hunt marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
  • Cupid Doesn't Flip Hamburgers (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #12)
  • Amber Brown Sees Red
  • The Chalet School in Exile (The Chalet School, #16)
  • April Fool! (Sweet Valley Twins, #28)
  • The Curse of the Creeping Coffin (Give Yourself Goosebumps, #8)
  • Kirsten Learns a Lesson: A School Story (American Girls: Kirsten, #2)
  • The Lost Locket (Nancy Drew: Notebooks, #2)
  • My Sister the Supermodel (Two of a Kind, #6)
  • Molly Saves the Day: A Summer Story (American Girls: Molly, #5)
  • Elsie's Troubled Times (A Life of Faith: Elsie Dinsmore #6)

Ann gets the ideas for her books from many different places. Some are based on personal experiences, while others are based on childhood me...more
More about Ann M. Martin...
Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1) A Dog's Life: The Autobiography of a Stray A Corner of the Universe The Doll People (Doll People, #1) The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)