Start by marking “Karen's School Picture (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #5)” as Want to Read:
Karen's School Picture (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #5)

Karen's School Picture (Baby-Sitters Little Sister #5)

Karen has to get glasses -- two pairs! One pair for reading and one for all the time. Karen does not want glasses. Her school pictures are going to be taken soon! But Karen has to... so she picks out some pretty pink and blue ones. Karen thinks she looks very grown-up. Then Yicky Ricky at school calls her Four-eyes. If Karen wears her glasses for the picture, Ricky will ma ...more
Published September 1st 1989 by Scholastic (first published June 1st 1989)

Rachel Brand
A fairly realistic book about a child needing to get glasses and all the drama surrounding having "four eyes". Although I've never heard of someone needing 2 pairs of glasses - is this perhaps an older solution to eye problems?
Mellanie C
May 28, 2017 Mellanie C rated it really liked it
Karen has to decide whether to wear her new glasses on school picture day.
Cassidy P
Sep 28, 2016 Cassidy P rated it it was amazing
Shelves: baby-sitters-5
Alexandra
Jul 23, 2012 Alexandra rated it liked it
Typical 2nd grade problem. Karen's got to get glasses. This is tough because she will probably get teased by her classmates and school pictures are coming up.

This one deals with obviously getting glasses, which is a huge deal to a child (and to some adults as well, although for slightly different reasons, I imagine), teasing, & having the courage to be yourself.

The ending made me smile:)

Is it just me or are most of the books so far pertaining to Karen's life at the "big house"? It seems lik
Amanda
Dec 19, 2009 Amanda rated it it was ok
This book is okay.

I don't really like Baby Sitters Little Sister or Baby Sitters Club for that matter, but this one was really boring and I didn't like it. It might accually be my least favorite. I think Little girls would like these books (6 and older) But for me they are just okay.
jacky
Jan 11, 2008 jacky rated it really liked it
Recommended to jacky by: public library display
I loved these books. I wanted to read Baby-Sitters Club because my sister did, but my mother wouldn't let me because they were too old for me. I only read a few of them though before I was old enough to move on to the Baby-Sitters Club.
Kate
Feb 06, 2011 Kate rated it liked it
In which Karen get glasses right before her school picture, and these are the big ole owl-type bifocals that cover half her face like I had in fourth grade.
Jackie Krasuski
Jul 24, 2011 Jackie Krasuski rated it really liked it
What young girl did not love the Baby-Sitters Club and Karen, the Baby-Sitters Little Sister?
Sally
Apr 29, 2009 Sally rated it it was ok
Ohnoez, Karen needs glasses! And goes and picks frames that, in a few years' time, she will be mortified to think she ever wore.
Dec 17, 2013 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
I love these series they were so good
Moo
Mar 23, 2016 Moo rated it it was amazing
"Karen got glasses."
Tara Calaby
Jan 15, 2012 Tara Calaby rated it it was ok
Shelves: junior-fiction
I was way too old for these books by the time I was reading them, and never really a fan of Karen, so I was not their target audience.
Savannah
Nov 15, 2008 Savannah rated it really liked it
This book was lots of fun! I was surprised when Karen put both glasses on for the school picture!

Lindsay
Apr 15, 2013 Lindsay rated it liked it
Ricky just keeps copying Karen...
Risa
Risa rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2012
Katie
Katie rated it liked it
Oct 21, 2015
Maggie
Maggie rated it liked it
Mar 13, 2013
Ashley
Ashley rated it liked it
Oct 26, 2011
Emmali
Emmali rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2014
Addi
Addi rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2014
Heather
Heather rated it it was ok
Jan 23, 2008
Shannon
Shannon rated it liked it
Nov 27, 2012
Jennalyn
Jennalyn rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2012
Celina Garcia
Celina Garcia rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2010
Marina
Marina rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2010
Chrissy
Chrissy rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2011
Ms. Shauntel
Ms. Shauntel rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2015
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2011
Danielle
Danielle rated it liked it
Apr 13, 2009
Maddie
Maddie rated it liked it
Nov 29, 2014
were karen has to get glasses 1 1 Apr 17, 2015 04:57PM
  • The Adventures of Robin Hood (Wishbone Classics #6)
  • Hamster Hotel (Animal Ark Pets, #4)
  • The Case of the Sea World Adventure (The Adventures of Mary Kate and Ashley, #1)
  • The Older Boy (Sweet Valley Twins, #15)
  • The Case of the Golden Slipper (The New Adventures of Mary Kate & Ashley, #20)
  • Witch Twins (Witch Twins, #1)
  • The Case of the Logical I Ranch (The New Adventures of Mary-Kate & Ashley, #23)
  • The Lost Locket (Nancy Drew: Notebooks, #2)
  • The Chalet School in Exile (The Chalet School, #16)
  • Cupid Doesn't Flip Hamburgers (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #12)
  • Walt Disney: Young Movie Maker
  • Amber Brown Sees Red
  • The Maiden and Her Knight (Maiden and Her Knight, #1)
  • The Case of the Missing Mummy (The New Adventures of Mary-Kate and Ashley, #7)
  • The Mutt in the Iron Muzzle (Adventures of Wishbone, #7)
  • The Case of the Spooky Sleepover (Jigsaw Jones Mystery #4)

More about Ann M. Martin...

Baby-Sitters Little Sister (1 - 10 of 122 books)
  • Karen's Witch (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #1)
  • Karen's Roller Skates (Babysitters Little Sister, #2)
  • Karen's Worst Day (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #3)
  • Karen's Kittycat Club (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #4)
  • Karen's Little Sister (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #6)
  • Karen's Birthday (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #7)
  • Karen's Haircut (Babysitters Little Sister, #8)
  • Karen's Sleepover (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #9)
  • Karen's Grandmothers (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #10)
  • Karen's Prize (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #11)