Start by marking “Dawn and the Surfer Ghost (Baby-Sitters Club Mystery, #12)” as Want to Read:
Dawn and the Surfer Ghost (Baby-Sitters Club Mystery, #12)

Dawn and the Surfer Ghost (The Baby-Sitters Club Mysteries #12)

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  323 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Dawn is back in California just in time to see the surfing competition, and solve a mystery concerning a missing surfer, a mangled surfboard, and a ghost that surfs at night!
Published December 1st 1993 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about Dawn and the Surfer Ghost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dawn and the Surfer Ghost

Ciara
it's not really okay with me that we still have to read dawn books even though dawn lives in california now. dawn kind of sucks, & i don't care about her california friends, the we <3 kids club, or her california sitting charges, who run the gamut from bratty (the dewitts) to hippie (sunflower & daffodil) to mary anne (stephie & her emotion-induced asthma attacks). but i'm reading all these books as a personal project, so...here we go.

dawn is spending a lot of time at the beach th
Redfox5
About a year ago I was feeling pretty nostalgic about The Babysitters Club books, looked for them in some bookshops and didn't see them. I guess they've fallen out of favour with kids. I used to read these when I was about 13 but nowdays I'd say this book would only suit a much younger age group. I don't think teens would really enjoy it as it's far to tame by todays standards. I was looking forward to reading this as I've never read one of the mystery BSC books and it was a disappointment that ...more
Nicky
I really enjoyed The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, it really spoke to me, especially because one of the only books Kimmy has while she’s kidnapped is this Babysitter’s Club Mystery. It’s not one of the ones I read when I was going through my BSC phase, and it piqued my interest. A mystery? A surfer? A GHOST?!

Spoiler alert, it’s not a ghost. Because whatever else BSC is, it’s not Sweet Valley High (don’t know if this is a good or bad thing) so you’re not going to get werewolves or vampires, there m
Andrea
Whoa. Some childhood favorites hold up better than others, I guess.

Although, let's face it, I probably shouldn't have picked a Dawn one to read. Don't know what I was thinking with that.
Jenny
22/25
Brittney
In this mystery, Dawn is trying to figure out where a surfer disappeared to. His surfboard still remains along with a creepy ghost. This would be a good book for older children to read. I think it's a great book and would keep their attention.
Gwynne
I loved Dawn. I wanted to be as cool as Dawn. For a while (my middle school years) I planned to name my firstborn Dawn.
Autumn Cook
This was a really good mystery book. Its about Dawn living with her father and she comes upon a mystery.
Maria M. Elmvang
Apparently you just have to tell somebody to turn themselves in, and they do it?
Amy Holcomb
The Baby-sitters Club series was my favorite growing up! :)
Blythe
Jul 03, 2015 Blythe rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: bsc
False
Rebecca Folk
Rebecca Folk marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Loisa
Loisa added it
Jun 11, 2015
Shonica
Shonica marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
ALISHA FRANCIS
ALISHA FRANCIS marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Rashima
Rashima marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Linda Jeanette Puglesi
Linda Jeanette Puglesi marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Sarah Tolson
Sarah Tolson marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Nicola Ward
Nicola Ward marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
  • First Place (Sweet Valley Twins, #8)
  • Forever Amber Brown

More about Ann M. Martin...

The Baby-Sitters Club Mysteries (1 - 10 of 36 books)
  • Stacey and the Missing Ring (Baby-Sitters Club Mystery, #1)
  • Beware, Dawn! (Baby-Sitters Club Mystery, #2)
  • Mallory and the Ghost Cat (Baby-Sitters Club Mystery, #3)
  • Kristy and the Missing Child (Baby-Sitters Club Mystery, #4)
  • Mary Anne and the Secret in the Attic (Baby-Sitters Club Mystery, #5)
  • The Mystery at Claudia's House (Baby-Sitters Club Mystery, #6)
  • Dawn and the Disappearing Dogs (Baby-Sitters Club Mystery, #7)
  • Jessi and the Jewel Thieves (Baby-Sitters Club Mystery, #8)
  • Kristy and the Haunted Mansion (Baby-Sitters Club Mystery, #9)
  • Stacey and the Mystery Money (Baby-Sitters Club Mystery, #10)
Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1) A Corner of the Universe A Dog's Life: The Autobiography of a Stray The Doll People (Doll People, #1) Rain Reign