Start by marking “Dawn and the Surfer Ghost (Baby-Sitters Club Mystery, #12)” as Want to Read:
Dawn and the Surfer Ghost (Baby-Sitters Club Mystery, #12)

Dawn and the Surfer Ghost (The Baby-Sitters Club Mysteries #12)

Dawn is back in California just in time to see the surfing competition, and solve a mystery concerning a missing surfer, a mangled surfboard, and a ghost that surfs at night!
Published December 1st 1993 by Scholastic (first published January 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Dawn and the Surfer Ghost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dawn and the Surfer Ghost

Ciara
Jan 17, 2011 Ciara rated it it was ok
it's not really okay with me that we still have to read dawn books even though dawn lives in california now. dawn kind of sucks, & i don't care about her california friends, the we <3 kids club, or her california sitting charges, who run the gamut from bratty (the dewitts) to hippie (sunflower & daffodil) to mary anne (stephie & her emotion-induced asthma attacks). but i'm reading all these books as a personal project, so...here we go.

dawn is spending a lot of time at the beach th
Redfox5
Feb 20, 2014 Redfox5 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, children, mystery, usa
About a year ago I was feeling pretty nostalgic about The Babysitters Club books, looked for them in some bookshops and didn't see them. I guess they've fallen out of favour with kids. I used to read these when I was about 13 but nowdays I'd say this book would only suit a much younger age group. I don't think teens would really enjoy it as it's far to tame by todays standards. I was looking forward to reading this as I've never read one of the mystery BSC books and it was a disappointment that ...more
Shira
Nov 21, 2016 Shira rated it did not like it
this is my first time reading this book!

in this cali-style (gag me with a spoon) mystery by ghostwriter Ellen Miles, dawn becomes weirdly obsessed with this way cool surfer named thrash. he's got a tubular board and gnarly moves. then one day, he disappears/maybe dies: how un-groovy! turns out he faked his death because someone had it out for him in a mondo way (and tampered with his board). with dawn's help, he gets back at his would-be murderer in a truly outrageous way: snitches to the cops,
Nicky
I really enjoyed The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, it really spoke to me, especially because one of the only books Kimmy has while she’s kidnapped is this Babysitter’s Club Mystery. It’s not one of the ones I read when I was going through my BSC phase, and it piqued my interest. A mystery? A surfer? A GHOST?!

Spoiler alert, it’s not a ghost. Because whatever else BSC is, it’s not Sweet Valley High (don’t know if this is a good or bad thing) so you’re not going to get werewolves or vampires, there m
Marna
Sep 27, 2015 Marna rated it liked it
I just want to say that I knew exactly where the plot of the Kimmy Schmidt pilot was going the second I saw this book as I had just read it a few weeks before.

Is it spooky how the later ones, where Dawn gets dragged into the Stoneybrook alternate universe against her will, she just sort of sits around shaking her head at their ridiculous problems?

Like, 'this is so juvenile. We have like, real problems in California. Like, depression and not just that fake depression Stacey's ex jock boyfriend
Brittney
Sep 12, 2011 Brittney rated it it was ok
Shelves: chapter-book
In this mystery, Dawn is trying to figure out where a surfer disappeared to. His surfboard still remains along with a creepy ghost. This would be a good book for older children to read. I think it's a great book and would keep their attention.
Prisha
Jul 22, 2016 Prisha rated it liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who likes the Babysitter's Club
While Martin usually writes family/friend dramas and realistic fiction, she showed how well she can write by taking up a different genre entirely! It's quite realistic, though not as descriptive or suspenseful as I would have liked.
Gwynne
Jan 23, 2009 Gwynne rated it liked it
I loved Dawn. I wanted to be as cool as Dawn. For a while (my middle school years) I planned to name my firstborn Dawn.
Autumn Cook
Sep 26, 2009 Autumn Cook rated it it was amazing
This was a really good mystery book. Its about Dawn living with her father and she comes upon a mystery.
Ani
Jun 05, 2015 Ani rated it did not like it
Whoa. Some childhood favorites hold up better than others, I guess.

Although, let's face it, I probably shouldn't have picked a Dawn one to read. Don't know what I was thinking with that.
Martha
Martha rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2010
Helen
Helen rated it it was ok
Apr 03, 2015
Sharanya
Sharanya rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2012
Heather Ryan
Heather Ryan rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2016
Louisa
Louisa rated it it was ok
Sep 10, 2014
Books4m
Books4m rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2009
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2009
Jen
Jen rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2008
Becky
Becky rated it liked it
Aug 19, 2007
Stacy
Stacy rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2011
Alex
Alex rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2010
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2012
Muna
Muna rated it liked it
May 05, 2012
Kaitee
Kaitee rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2011
Michelle Henry
Michelle Henry rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2015
Abi
Abi rated it liked it
Oct 19, 2014
Regina
Regina rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2008
Megan Thomas
Megan Thomas rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2013
Rigel
Rigel rated it really liked it
Oct 10, 2013
Dada
Dada rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2015
  • Three's a Crowd (Sweet Valley Twins, #7)
  • Forever Amber Brown
  • The Spirit House
  • The Light in the Cellar: A Molly Mystery (American Girl Mysteries)

More about Ann M. Martin...

The Baby-Sitters Club Mysteries (1 - 10 of 36 books)
  • Stacey and the Missing Ring (Baby-Sitters Club Mystery, #1)
  • Beware, Dawn! (Baby-Sitters Club Mystery, #2)
  • Mallory and the Ghost Cat (Baby-Sitters Club Mystery, #3)
  • Kristy and the Missing Child (Baby-Sitters Club Mystery, #4)
  • Mary Anne and the Secret in the Attic (Baby-Sitters Club Mystery, #5)
  • The Mystery at Claudia's House (Baby-Sitters Club Mystery, #6)
  • Dawn and the Disappearing Dogs (Baby-Sitters Club Mystery, #7)
  • Jessi and the Jewel Thieves (Baby-Sitters Club Mystery, #8)
  • Kristy and the Haunted Mansion (Baby-Sitters Club Mystery, #9)
  • Stacey and the Mystery Money (Baby-Sitters Club Mystery, #10)