Kristy and the Missing Child (Baby-Sitters Club Mystery, #4)

Kristy and the Missing Child (The Baby-Sitters Club Mysteries #4)

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  330 ratings  ·  10 reviews
When Jake Kuhn, one of the boys on her softball team, is reported missing, Kristy, the last person to see Jake, is determined to find him herself after the efforts of police and friends produce no clues.
Published May 1st 1992 by Scholastic

Ciara
this one starts low, because it starts a softball game between kristy's krushers & bart's bashers. i wonder if there's anyone who has ever read a babysitters club books that actually found the softball plots remotely compelling. it's a gray, rainy day, & kristy lets jake kuhn (whom she has been training up as a new relief pitcher, & whose parents recently divorced) walk home alone after he explains that his mom already gave him permission.

but mrs. kuhn calls later that evening to as...more
Laura Hughes
After coaching a game for her kids' baseball team, the Krushers, Kristy gets word that her relief pitcher, Jake Kuhn, never made it home. He's missing! Kristy organizes neighborhood kids to comb the area looking for the missing boy.

Secondary storylines, if you even want to call them that: Mary Anne is failing home ec, and SMS is having an awards show.

** SPOILERS FROM THIS POINT ON **

Like most BSC mysteries, this one is profoundly unsatisfying. Kristy isn't even instrumental in solving the myste...more
Eman Zaheer
This book was so AMAZING!! I totally loved it. It was about Jake Kuhn, a usual sitting charge of the Baby Sitters Club. He was gone missing for 2 whole days! He had been looking for some nails for a project to with his best friend Matt Braddock, in a construction site of building a house. There was a hole in the house and it was dark for Jake to see. He had fell into the hole. Ann M. Martin
Sally
The thing with these BSC mysteries is, well, it's the BSC. And the kid is a well-known one, not one just created for the book in order to go missing. So you know he's going to be found alive because oh hai, BSC. And that he's going to be brought home all safe and sound because he's a recurring character with siblings who have not gone missing.
Kayla
This is a really great book full of mystery and suspense. You can feel so much emotion through the book and an interesting plot. What can I say? Babysitters club+mystery=BEST BOOK EVER!!!!
Rachel
Mar 25, 2008 Rachel rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: my friends
Recommended to Rachel by: my sister
this book was amazing! i just realy got into it. i just started and i couldn't stop! i got confused in the begining but i finally understood it at the end.
Sarah Smith
I loved the series as a kid. I never read them in order because the library didn't have all of them. I think my favs were the Super Specials.
Amy Holcomb
The Baby-sitters Club series was my favorite growing up! :)
Mad
Aug 08, 2011 Mad added it
it was adot a missing child kristy had to fine.
Jasmine Allen
Jasmine Allen marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Leisha
Leisha marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Mini Varghese
Mini Varghese marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
Tracey
Tracey added it
Mar 10, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
Monica Garcia
Monica Garcia marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
Zoë
Zoë added it
Feb 28, 2014
  • The War Between the Twins (Sweet Valley Twins, #37)
  • Kirsten Saves the Day: A Summer Story (American Girls: Kirsten, #5)
  • Changes for Molly: A Winter Story (American Girls: Molly, #6)

Ann gets the ideas for her books from many different places. Some are based on personal experiences, while others are based on childhood me...more
More about Ann M. Martin...
Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1) A Corner of the Universe A Dog's Life: The Autobiography of a Stray The Doll People (Doll People, #1) The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)