Start by marking “Who Put the Pepper in the Pot?” as Want to Read:
Who Put the Pepper in the Pot?

Who Put the Pepper in the Pot?

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  35 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Mama Sue, Papa Joe and the kids prepare a fiery pot of stew for visiting Aunt Tootie.
Published December 31st 1992 by Parents Magazine Press (first published August 29th 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Who Put the Pepper in the Pot?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Who Put the Pepper in the Pot?

Ngoc  Dang
This was a fun book to read. I read it by myself and I was sitting there laughing. The poor family had a rich aunt that came to visit. This just make me think of how I would clean up the house to make it look better when I'm about to have guess. We try our best to make sure that everything is perfect. Overall, it's not about how things look, but about family. Family shouldn't have to worry about those things.
Katie Curry
This book is about a family who lives on a farm. Papa Joe receives a letter from Aunt Tootie, who is very fancy, that explains that she is coming for a visit. To make Aunt Tootie feel welcomed, Mama Sue fixes a very "peppery" and hearty stew.
I would use this book in my classroom to study vowel sounds and to discuss why communication is very important.
Jessica Chambliss
This book discusses a family living on a farm with an aunt coming to visit! The aunt happens to be very fancy and they are worried they won't be able to impress her. This is a good book to read in class when their is extra time left at the end of the day or between subjects!
Hattie
I remember our teacher reading this book to my class in about 1st grade. Its simple, but I loved it ,and over 12 years later I have not forgotten this book! I hope to read it to my children on day. :)
Amy
Another childhood favourite - and again, its follows the theme of food. A great read aloud book with lots of opportunity for doing voices for characters, and really taking it over the top.
Lashantae Green
Lashantae Green marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Miri
Miri marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Maloy Kids
Maloy Kids marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Kami
Kami marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Zakia Smaw
Zakia Smaw marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Milka Vazquez
Milka Vazquez marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl is currently reading it
Feb 19, 2014
Tanya
Tanya marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Joanna Cole who also writes under the pseudonym B. J. Barnet is an author of children’s books who teaches science.

She is most famous as the author of The Magic School Bus series of children's books. Joanna Cole has written over 250 books ranging from her first book Cockroach to her famous series Magic School Bus.

Cole was born in Newark, New Jersey, and grew up in nearby East Orange. She loved scie
More about Joanna Cole...
The Magic School Bus Inside the Human Body (The Magic School Bus, #3) The Magic School Bus Lost in the Solar System (The Magic School Bus, #4) The Magic School Bus on the Ocean Floor (The Magic School Bus, #5) The Magic School Bus Sees Stars: A Book About Stars The Magic School Bus Inside Ralphie: A Book About Germs