Start by marking “Nihal della terra del vento” as Want to Read:
Nihal della terra del vento

Nihal della terra del vento (Le Cronache del Mondo Emerso #1)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  2,562 ratings  ·  151 reviews
Nihal è davvero strana, nel Mondo Emerso sembra non esserci nessuno come lei: grandi occhi viola, orecchie appuntite, capelli blu. È stata cresciuta da un armaiolo e vive in una delle tante città-torri della Terra del Vento, giocando a combattere insieme a un gruppo di amici che l'ha eletta capo per la sua forza e agilità. Ma tutto cambia all'improvviso quando la Terra del ...more
Published April 1st 2004 by Mondadori (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Nihal della terra del vento, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nihal della terra del vento

Orgoglio e pregiudizio by Jane Austen1984 by George OrwellThe Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. TolkienIl Piccolo Principe by Antoine de Saint-ExupérySe questo è un uomo by Primo Levi
Italiano - libri che avete valutato 5 stelle
106th out of 630 books — 242 voters
Il canto della rivolta by Suzanne CollinsStoria di una gabbianella e del gatto che le insegnò a volare by Luis SepúlvedaHarry Potter e l'Ordine della Fenice by J.K. RowlingAlta fedeltà by Nick HornbyLa scopa del sistema by David Foster Wallace
Libri dalla copertina blu
54th out of 306 books — 50 voters

More lists with this book...

sophia
Non so neanche da dove cominciare a commentare questo libro, mi chiedo come faccia ad essere un best seller questa roba che sembra una fanfiction scritta da una ragazzina con complessi di inferiorità (sul serio qualcuno ha avuto il coraggio di fargli cinque stelle?!).

Si perché, scusa tanto Licia, ma quando una scrittrice crea una Mary Sue così perfetta come la tua Nihal a me qualche dubbio viene.
Potevo passarle il fatto di essere l'unica mezzelfa rimasta, anche se già un po' la cosa puzzava, ma
Nikoleta
Ευχάριστο και ευκολοδιάβαστο, τσουλάει ωραία. Θυμίζει κάτι από τα κλασικά ηρωικά βιβλία φαντασίας. Ειδικά ο κόσμος του αναδυόμενου κόσμου είναι παρόμοιος με την Μέση Γη, απλώς έχει κ δράκους σαν μπόνους. Ωραία ιστορία, σε μερικά σημεία βρήκα μια αφέλεια στην αφήγηση, που όμως δικαιολογείτε από μέρος μου σε παρθένο συγγραφέα.
3,5 αστεράκια
Dana

This was a very middle of the road book for me. It held my attention but at no point was I ever intrigued. The main character is average(well apart from her godly fighting skills and beauty). I didn't really feel connected to her or the her world much when reading this.

The overall plot had promise but the pace was way too slow for me. This is not by any means a bad novel, but I would not recommend buying this. For me this is a solid library checkout. Hopefully this series gets better as it progr
Brianne Reeves
This book is originally an Italian novel that has been translated to German and is being released next week in English.

Nihal is a young girl who wants to be a warrior. She’s raised by her father, an armorer who has always let her run wild. She’s a gifted swordsman and has some magic ability. When her town is raided by the Tyrant’s forces, Nihal leaves in defense of the Land of the Wind.

My problems with this book are many, so be warned.

First and foremost, Nihal is a highly capable fighter with g
Lexie
multitaskingmomma
Original Blog Post: http://www.multitaskingmommas.com/201...

I was really excited to read about Nihal. After all, a book about a girl that's described as an elf, dragons, righteous battles, magic - it's just full of stuff I like to lose myself in. It started out really strong: the first chapter is beautifully described and the terrors that Nihal and her friends caused throughout the village had me chuckling a time or two. But as the book wore on, I found I was looking for the end of each chapter
Pam ☼Ask Me About FrankenKnee☼ Tee
NIHAL OF THE LAND OF THE WIND reminds me of other classic girl-in-a-man's-world stories. Her character starts out young and enthusiastic about becoming a warrior, but over time she is beset by challenges. She overcomes these hurdles one after another, but not without learning lessons that harden her.

The style of presentation is the most difficult part of this book to accept. Some of the dialog is awkward, and the writing is frequently stilted and flat. And worse, sometimes I couldn't tell what w
Kagama-the Literaturevixen
requested ARC from Netgalley

Nihal lives in one of the many towers of the Land of the Wind. There is nobody like her in the Overworld: big violet eyes, pointed ears, and blue hair. She is an expert in swordplay and the leader of a handful of friends that includes Sennar the wizard. She has no parents; brought up by an armorer and a sorceress, Nihal seems to be from nowhere.

Things suddenly change when the Tyrant takes charge. Nihal finds herself forced to take action when she is faced with the mos
Carly
I LOVED this series so much!!! I wish that they were in English so more people could read them! The characters were amazing, and I loved how they grew as the books went on. Such a fun read!
JesseBrooke

Vague spoilers because I can't talk of this and not give anything away!

This was such a wonderful read.

I really loved this.

I love the world building in the story, it's like you're there within the story as you read. There isn't any purple prose, no over exaggeration of things like a character's actions or behavior. Everything was expertly done.

I really loved how the story was an coming of age story for Nihal, how as the story progressed she grew along with it. It was wonderful to read of her c
Sam at A Journey Through Pages
Thanks to Netgalley and Open Road Intergrated Media for allowing me to read this.

Nihal of the Land of the Wind was originally written in Italian and published and Italy. This makes for a very interesting problem while reviewing, especially when it comes to critiques since it's not just the original author's writing, but also how well the translator was able to mimic the style of the author in another language. Sometimes the prose ends up becoming stilted and unnatural in the new language and it'
Roberta
Fantasy d'esordio...
...e si sente! Nihal della Terra del Vento è un fantasy che ha come maggior pecca una semplicità eccessiva, che si traduce principalmente in una scarsa - o meglio semplicistica - caratterizzazione dei personaggi. La trama è fortemente classica, così come l'ambientazione, cosa che del resto accomuna direi il 90% della produzione fantasy.
Nihal nasce bene come bambina aspirante spadaccina che compie infinite scorribande a Salazar. L'evoluzione in ragazzina cocciuta perdutamente
Keyreads
I received a copy via NetGalley from the publisher for an honest review.

This is the story of Nihal of Salazar, a young girl with blue hair, purple eyes, and pointy ears. Unlike most girls her age, she enjoys sword play instead of daydreaming of her future husband & playing dress up. One day, she meets a boy who tricks her with magic during a duel. Determined to defeat this boy, she sets herself on quest to learn magic and eventually defeat her enemies and avenge her family.

My Thoughts
I was
Iz
3.5
Beh, è stata una lettura carina! Molto meglio di quel che mi aspettavo!
Tutta la storia del Mondo Emerso ed il worldbuilding sono molto interessanti!
È stato molto bello vedere come matura Nihal in quei cinque anni che sono l'espansione temporale del libro! Devo ammettere che mi ha urtato tante volte, come si innamora ciecamente di Fen dopo neanche un giorno, come è irresponsabile e a volte un pochino egocentrica.
Ma in alcune parti è badass e molto forte.
Sennar è il mio personaggio preferito (i
Amber
I want more! Hoping the rest of the series is translated soon.

Full review: http://casualreadersbookclub.blogspot...

*I received this copy from NetGalley in return for an honest review, and opinions are mine alone.
Wanderlust
I really enjoyed this fantasy novel, it is a beginning of a series with I would love to continue reading.

Amazon UK Link
Laura Noi
L'ho trovato un ottimo inizio per una trilogia fantasy. La scrittura della Troisi è semplice, forse troppo, e scorrevole. Alcuni dialoghi in particolare li ho trovati un po' artificiosi però non mi hanno infastidito più tanto. Quello che non mi è piaciuto sono i salti temporali, molto frequenti, che in un libro così breve stonano un po'.
Il mio vero problema con questa lettura è stato il personaggio di Nihal. Non sono riuscita ad entrare in empatia con questa ragazzina guerriera piena di odio ve
Bieke {Istyria book blog}

Istyria book blog ~ B's world of enchanted books

Nihal of the Land of the Wind borders somewhere on the line of being Middle Grade book and a Young Adult book. Kind of like Harry Potter. It was like that in the first two or three books of that series too. The main character is 13 years old, she's awesome with a sword so what's not to love about that? It's a quick, fun and easy read. The world in this book is easy to get lost in and I ended up finishing this book in a couple of hours. I do intend
Jillian Lopez
I have very mixed feelings with Nihal. While I highly adore her strength and bravery which she portrayed throughout the story, I am very bothered by the fact that -- despite her power -- she could be SURPRISINGLY NAIVE, which makes me feel very uncomfortable and bothered...

Somehow, I feel that this book would do great as a Middle Grade story, seeing now that the writing is simple enough to capture the interest of young readers. Some parts of this book were sort of confusing, and... well, I'm not
Cristina
Avevo già letto questo libro diversi anni fa poi, poche settimane fa, mi sono finalmente decisa a comprarlo; complice di ciò le nuove copertine che a mio avviso sono troppo belle.
Questo è il primo volume di una trilogia fantasy tutta italiana e a mio avviso, riuscita molto bene. La storia è scorrevole, il modo di scrivere fluido fa si che ti ritrovi subito affezzionata ai personaggi.
Personalmente lo consiglio a tutti gli amanti del Fantasy, non aspettatevi una cosa tipo 'iI signore degli anelli'
Nicoleta Mocanu
May contain spoilers! Read at your own risk!

If you're wondering what's wrong with me and why am I doing reviews for books I've already read, I'll inform you that I've read a lot of books that I have very strong opinions of and that I haven't written a review for, maybe because I wasn't in the mood at the time or did not know what to write.
Now that I have more experience in these kinds of things I can go back to the books I've read earlier this year (2014) or in the past years and give at least
Yomna hosny
*Thank you Netgalley for providing a free advanced copy of this book for review*
This book was a gem. I have no prior experience with Italian literature aside from flicking through the divine comedy way back when. Italian high fantasy is entirely new territory for me.

* Nihal, In Arabic(نهال) means: She who has drunk from the well/content or joyful. in Persian it means sapling. Just thought I'd share that with you since it was what originally caught my eye.

This story follows Nihal*, a girl whose m
Debora
Credo che mi limiterò a commentare l'intera triologia dato che questo libro, a mio avviso, sembra più una sorta di grande epilogo del romanzo vero e proprio. </p><p>Troisi scrive bene, lo stile un po' troppo semplice per i miei gusti, ma affascinante, diretto e carico di emozioni. <br />Mi sono avvicinata a questa triologia un po' guardiga. Molti ne parlavano male, altri in modo beffardo altri in tono reverenziale.<br />Come capire realmente cosa ne pensassero i lettori?& ...more
Vitória
Não conhecia a autora e a colecção, tendo-me deparado com este livro na biblioteca e requisitei-o por ter achado a capa intrigante e a sinopse interessante. De um modo geral achei-o interessante, gostei especialmente da personalidade de Nihal, uma rapariga corajosa e diferente das restantes da sua idade, que deseja, acima de tudo, ser guerreira. Gostei do facto de a autora não ter criado mais uma "donzela em apuros que espera o seu príncipe encantado" mas sim uma mulher de armas que luta por pro ...more
Analouise Keating
Kudos to Open Road Media for publishing the English translation of this novel. Nihal is a great protagonist for YA readers. She's strong but not perfect, smart but not brilliant, and develops throughout the novel. Interesting world-building. An enjoyable read.
Claudiu
Oct 23, 2010 Claudiu rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of constantly crying girls, cliche young adult fantasy
I don't really know if it was the translation at fault, or if the book itself was a problem, but this really couldn't grip me properly. The story was nice, the characters (for the most part) were interesting and the world had promise.
But the dialogue was simply painful to read and most of the book's plot amounts to little more than just ticking all the right cliches for a story of this sort.

I really don't know if I want to spend my money on the sequels for the book, or if I even care enough for
EmyAttorney
Sinceramente, non mi aspettavo molto da questo libro. Insomma, la trama è la tipica storia del "c'è una ragazza speciale che è l'unica ragazza speciale del mondo intero, che sa fare tutto e ottiene tutto senza il minimo sforzo". Cioè, è ovvio che io non pensavo che questo sarebbe stato un capolavoro (dopotutto l'ho comprato a un euro ad una casa dell'usato). Eppure... questo libro è riuscito comunque a deludermi. Santo cielo. Vabbe', partiamo con 'sta roba.
Il setting è un mondo fantastico diviso
Eleonora
Recensione ripresa da aNobii (2011), tagliuzzando qua e là, anche perché sinceramente il libro non lo ricordo proprio:
(view spoiler)
Aubrey
The Twins Read
This review can originally be found at The Twins Read.

Nihal has no idea why her hair is blue, or why she is unique. She's never known her mother, and thinks that her father is an armorer.

She's wrong.

Nihal is the last of her kind, the lone survivor of the race that the Tyrant has wiped out from existence.

And she will make him pay.

Nihal's story spans her childhood to her being a fierce young female warrior. It encompasses the people she grew up with, people she has unique interactions with in he
Goodreads Librari...: Adding a new book/ ISBN already taken 3 16 May 07, 2014 06:44AM
  • Os Três Reinos (A Saga das Pedras Mágicas, #5)
  • Hyperversum (Hyperversum, #1)
  • Trusted (Dragons' Trust #1)
  • Protector of the Grove (The Bowl of Souls, #7 / Jharro Grove Saga, #2)
  • Ennara and the Fallen Druid (Ennara, #1)
  • Venom of the Serpent's Cunning (Andy Smithson, #2)
  • Reader and Educator Guide to "The Hobbit" and "The Lord of the Rings"
  • Zawód: Wiedźma, Część 2 (Wolha Redna, #2)
  • The Rock of Ivanore (Celestine Chronicles, #1)
  • The Six (The Gateway Chronicles #1)
  • The Curse of the Thrax (Bloodsword Trilogy, Book 1)
  • Tolkien's Ring
  • A Manopla de Karasthan (Crónicas de Allaryia, #1)
  • Thaddeus Whiskers and the Dragon
  • Six Heirs (The Secret of Ji, #1)
  • Märchenmond (Märchenmond - Magic Moon, #1)
Licia Troisi was born in Ostia, a little place by the sea near Rome. She’s been passionate about writing since her childhood. She took classical studies at high school and studied astrophysics in the university. She started to write her first trilogy, Cronache del Mondo Emerso (Chronicles from the Emerged World), at the age of 21.
She got married in 2007 and is currently a PhD student in Rome. Musi
More about Licia Troisi...

Le Cronache del Mondo Emerso (3 books)
  • La missione di Sennar
  • Il talismano del potere
La missione di Sennar La setta degli assassini Il talismano del potere Le due guerriere Un nuovo regno