Start by marking “Becoming the Woman God Wants Me to Be: A 90-Day Guide to Living the Proverbs 31 Life” as Want to Read:

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  229 ratings  ·  35 reviews
Every woman needs a little jump start in life. Donna Partow knows how to make it happen. In "Becoming the Woman God Wants Me to Be," author Donna Partow shows women how to reenergize their lives in 90 days. She covers everything from faith and family to fitness and fashion (with lots more) in this comprehensive plan for greater vitality in life and intimacy with God. This ...more
Published June 1st 2008 by Fleming H. Revell Company (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Becoming the Woman God Wants Me to Be, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Becoming the Woman God Wants Me to Be

Barb
I hesitate to give something a bad review knowing the author put a great deal of themselves into writing a book, but I was concerned that a women, not grounded in the Word might read this and find themselves confusing the authors view of a what a woman should be for God's (as the title suggests).
I bought this book on an Amazon suggestion having never heard of the author. I began the book with the desire to become more consistent in quiet times and with the hope that the practical side of the boo
Aisha
Going through this 90-day book now.

Disappointed that she is "hawking her wares" - in the book and on her website. She is a distributor for a certain brand of nutritional supplements - and has references to it in her book, and also to a particular brand of rebounder.

However, it's a good book - and lots of good practical advice.

I do fear her ministry is not really going to be taken seriously - and I think it does her ministry a disservice to show controversial research when she puts links to buy a
Kelly
I did this book as a study with two other women and it started out really great. Overall, I really enjoyed the way the book was set up with the structure of something to read and do each day. Donna's daily prayers and insights were amazing! I learned a lot of helpful tips along the way, but over the last month and half, it started to feel like some of the tips were repeated and it wasn't quite as impactful as it had started out to be. It was a difficult book to do with a group, also. We thought ...more
Mandy J. Hoffman
Mar 17, 2009 Mandy J. Hoffman rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Women
Shelves: all-time-favs, i-own
Over all it was a really good book and I was able to glean many good things from the daily "lessons". I like how it's broken down into daily segments rather than just reading a book through and being overwhelmed with all the ideas and tips that you should be doing. This book made things into bite sized portions. I also enjoyed how the book is written from a perspective that any woman could read it - married, single, divorced, widowed...where ever you are in life this book is for you. The third t ...more
Irene
This book along with Donna's ministry changed my life! I was over-weight, unhealthy, and, although a believer, experiencing a slump in my walk with God. This book, should you choose to fully engage, can teach you how to implement practical little changes overtime that can get you on the road to healthier version of yourself, not only in your body but in your spirit and soul as well. There are so many great aspects of this book from daily attitude adjustments to daily diet & exercise checklis ...more
Jordan Jones
So far this book is wonderful. I have started it over 3 times for friends who wanted to get on the ground level. They all fell off because of not wanting to get the book themselves, but I am now reading it by myself, and I feel like I know the first few pages by heart, but I love this book and am happy to make the decision to not stray this time and see it through!
Ashley
Oct 08, 2008 Ashley is currently reading it
This book is intense! I dont think i could have picked it up a year ago. I would have out it right back down. Its a 90 day devotional about Proverbs 31. Intense!
Anna
I enjoyed many parts of this book, particularly those grounded in scripture. I think it's a great structure as well and enjoyed memorizing sections of this important passage of the Bible.

The author seems to have a good grasp Of business and finances and running a home. Where I think she gives odd and off putting advice is In beauty and health. Here she is mildly sexist at best and dangerous at worst. Drinking as much lemon water and the weird baths she suggests are actually not very healthy and
Beth
This book was life changing, however much of the advice is not biblical. I found that the routines and practices suggested were helpful to me and the intent was clearly to challenge women to live out Proverbs 31. I approached each day's reading with an open mind and heart and was refreshed by how Partow confronts many issues that challenge women in America at this time. On the other hand, some sections were offensive and left me baffled. It took much prayer and research to understand Partow's ba ...more
Marcia Hyde
I did the book in conjunction with weekly meetings with our women's small group. This book was a total game-changer for me. I would only recommend this book to women who like workbook studies and are really ready to get a boost making their lives better in every facet. The book is quite a commitment (90 days), but SO worth it. You do have to be disciplined to read a tiny bit every day and spend some time each day working on it (or be prepared to have catching up to do in the days following).
The
janet Blickle
I am a woman who seems to have good intentions to changing my eating habits, getting more exercise, and having a quiet time every day but I just have no stick-to-itivness on some things. I liked this book because it gave me a day to day schedule to follow. for reading my Bible daily during a quiet time. to execise and to think about what I want to eat before just thoughtlessly putting something unhealthy in my mounth. The first time through I didn't write in my book. I thought I might want to sh ...more
Libby
Becoming the Woman God Wants Me to Be is a 90 day jump start to motivation and change in live. Partow covers many areas of life: relationships, finances, health, fitness, faith, business, and home management. She has readers create a “personal notebook” and add various sections and pages to it daily. Based on Proverbs 31, each day focuses on a different application of a verse form that Psalm. Readers are also memorizing it as they go.

There are helpful ideas in this book, however it is a little
Paloma Herrera
wonderful book to start and keep desiring more from God.
Lisa Mcbee
Awesome book! This book changed my life!
Charlotte
Another excellent book in the Donna Partow line-up. Donna uses her familiar format of combining body, mind and spirit through the use of diet, exercise, prayer, daily affirmations and Scripture memorization to work on the WHOLE person. Every daily "dose" is in bite-size chunks that would fit in the busiest schedule. As always the reader is invited to work on areas that need the most improvement, rather than worry about trying to make major changes in every area in 10 weeks.
Kimberlee
A great daily guide to the Proverbs 31 Wife of Noble Character. I have already read this about 2 yrs ago and am rereading it again this summer. Each day is only a page or 2 to read and gives you a prayer and verse to memorize - the same one for the week - and a positive affirmation for each day. Does require some action on certain days on your part so the use of a 3 ring notebook is recommended.
Penelope
This book was great in encouraging me to live a wholly-rounded life for Jesus. It helped me see the path I could take to becoming more of the woman I wanted to be. The scripture passages, diet, exercise, scripture memory and goals set me on a track to a more vibrant and healthy walk with my Lord.
Rachel Maria
Donna Partow is an EXTRAordinary author! In this book, she takes the reader on a 90-day journey/study of the Proverbs 31 Woman. Women will be challenged to manifest their God-given feminine attributes and experience the many blessings of living a noble life that pleases God!
Meagan
Not as good as her other devotional "Becoming the Woman God want me to be" but I thoroughly enjoyed it for the 90 days it takes to finish it. I recommend to any women looking for a good devotional and an encouraging guide to help you be who you want to be.
Shelburne
I enjoyed most of this book. Some of Pardow's beliefs are a little strict for me however she has great suggestions on growing. If you can take what you like and leave the rest I'd highly recommend it. EXCELLENT ideas about healthy eating and exercise.
Richellelee
Some great suggestions in the book; didn't care for some of the home business emphasis though. She seeme a bit caught up in making money which seemed to conflict with simplifying your life through giving a lot away.
Andrea Davis
I loved this book! It had a lot of good things to help you with day to day living. For instance, de-cluttering, finding your core color, and loving your family.
Meagan
One of the best devotionals I've read. Very motivating. She motivates you in many aspects of your life, all while centering yourself on Christ. Highly recommended.
Shida
This book was given to me from my Aunt. I will never let it out of my sight!This book is a wonderful gift, please share it with your spiritual friends.
Sandra Hersey
Join Donna herself on a journey through this book! You do not want to miss this!

Excellent practical application of the Proverbs 31 woman's example to current day living.
Sandra Hersey
I am starting this book again at the beginning of the year! A must read and re-read!
janet Blickle
Donna is helping me, with the help of this book, to become a Proverbs 31 woman.
Magdalena Parker
Jul 28, 2011 Magdalena Parker is currently reading it
Currently reading with a few ladies from church and loving it.
Lorena Walker
Great book! Lots of good advice and ideas in for a Christian woman!
Christian Mom Reads: * Bible Study 2 15 Nov 11, 2013 05:54AM
  • Experiencing the Heart of Jesus Workbook: Knowing His Heart, Feeling His Love
  • Conflict Free Living: How to Build Healthy Relationships for Life
  • Women of the Bible: A One-Year Devotional Study of Women in Scripture
  • Beautiful in God's Eyes
  • 8 Steps to Create the Life You Want: The Anatomy of a Successful Life
  • Your Beautiful Purpose: Discovering and Enjoying What God Can Do Through You
  • The Power of a Woman's Words
  • When the Darkness Will Not Lift: Doing What We Can While We Wait for God--And Joy
  • Pursuit of Proverbs 31
  • Fresh Power: Experiencing the Vast Resources of the Spirit of God
  • Life Overflowing, 6-in-1: 6 Pillars for Abundant Living
  • Radical Womanhood: Feminine Faith in a Feminist World
  • Lord, Change My Attitude
  • True Woman 101: Divine Design: An Eight-Week Study on Biblical Womanhood (True Woman)
  • Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl
  • The Power of a Praying Wife: Prayer and Study Guide
  • Lord, Teach Me to Pray in 28 Days
  • Everything: What You Give and What You Gain to Become Like Jesus
My passion is empowering people. In fact, I was born as Donna M. Power -- so God made my mission pretty obvious from the beginning. I've written a ridiculous number of books and finally said to myself: "Back AWAY from the keyboard..."

So that's what I've been doing lately.

I like to make the bible practical, because I think we serve a practical God. But He's also a God of power and when we encounter
More about Donna Partow...
Becoming a Vessel God Can Use A 10-Week Journey to Becoming a Vessel God Can Use This Isn't the Life I Signed Up for: A 10-Week Journey to Finding Hope and Healing Walking in Total God-Confidence Making Money from Home: How to Run a Successful Home-Based Business

“Give us nothing but vegetables to eat and water to drink. Then compare our appearance with that of the young men who eat the royal food, and treat your servants in accordance with what you see." So he agreed to this and tested them for ten days.
At the end of the ten days they looked healthier and better nourished than any of the young men who ate the royal food.
Daniel 1:11-15